Google Software Engineer Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

3.2

90 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Received an email to fill out a survey and complete a coding challenge with two questions. The survey basically went over personality questions that asked what you think former employers thought of you. Screwed up the coding challenge and was rejected the same day.

Interview Questions

• You have a tree with nodes of different values. You want to find the longest path within this tree between nodes that have the same value.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Did an interview on campus and then invited onsite. Met with the team. There weren't whiteboarding questions. Just general cs questions like processing versus threading and then brain teasers. There were about 4 interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

Took a "foo-bar" test, which coding test through the chrome browser and got an email from a recruiter to arrange the schedule of a phone interview. I could pick several available time and date then they finalize the schedule. I had phone interviews, which a two-hour coding interview by two different interviewers. Each interviewer gave me different problem and they have different style. For example, one interviewer allowed me to any of materials to solve the problem but the other didn't.

Interview Questions

• A question on the data structure in programming such as HashMap. They gave me a coding problem and asked the computational complexity of the solution.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Very satisfied with the overall interview process, I feel that my recruiter was on top of things and the questions were interesting. I applied online and was asked to submit a coding challenge. After passing this stage, I was scheduled for two phone interviews. A third was later scheduled following the results of the first two (I was told that this would be the final interview before an offer, and was not extended one). The questions were generally very good, and covered data structures and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• Print all simplified fractions between 0 and 1 that have denominators less than or equal to n.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Had a coding challenge, then a phone screen. Did not pass the phone screen. Questions were basic algorithmic designs and involved data structures. Recruiter was pretty responsive with emails. SIgned an NDA

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Submitted my resume online, got back to me within a week and was schedule for two back to back phone interviews. Both interviews were strictly coding, not too much chit chat. I didn't prepare enough, the questions were harder than expected.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter via email. About a week later, I had a phone screen with the recruiter over the phone. She gave a couple of weeks to prepare, and afterwards I had two 45 minutes phone interview; where I was asked to code. Entire process took about two months.

Interview Questions

• Given two binary trees, write a method to compare if one is a subset of the other.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Had an online assessment first. Then scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was a two back-to-back interview. The difficulty is decent. Recruiter is very nice. Interviewed at Monday and got reply on Friday.

Interview Questions

• Asked some algorithm questions. Since I signed the NDA, I cannot say the specific ones.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Screen call with a recruiter, followed by two Skype interviews with engineers. The problems they asked were easy, but always followed b y Big O questions. Interviewers were kind and supportive.

Interview Questions

• an alternate version of the max sum path problem   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google in November 2017.

Interview

I applied on the website, got an email to complete a coding sample. After completion, I was asked to schedule 2 phone interviews. Interviews were on a google doc and you can use your preference of language.