Google Software Engineer Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Software Engineer Internship Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

3.4

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Two back to back 45 min phone interviews. Talked a little about resume and projects. The first interview asked two question, one is binary search, another is matrix operation. Second interview asked one question about hashmap and union find

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google in January 2017.

Interview

1. Coding test.
    2. 2 phone calls back to back. 1 question each. First question , a variation of quick sort. Second question graph dp.
    3. Had additional round. Was asked to unordered_map implementation.

Interview Questions

• First question , a variation of quick sort. Second question graph dp.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google in November 2016.

Interview

Lots of forms and emails, personal recruiter, 2 45 minute code interviews then in person interviews. Fairly standard but there are a lot of questions and details to fill out even if you are just hiring. Code interviews went so quick as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in 1 minute. Go.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google in February 2014.

Interview

Regular process. Referral by a friend, schedule for two back-to-back 45-min phone interviews. I'm currently waiting for the result. I chose a date that is three weeks later when they asked me to, so the whole process seemed long. But you can shorten it by choosing a closer date.
    The scheduling is like, you tell them five time slots you are available, and they will tell you exactly when it is scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Mostly quite easy problems. One is parentheses matching. It is simple, but I forgot to use stack. I used two variables to keep track of left and right parens. But when it comes to two kinds of parens, it is hard without using stack. The interviewer reminded me of it, then I coded using stack. There are some bugs and the interviewer pointed them out.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

First you apply on Google site, then got contacted by recruiter for scheduling two phone interviews. If you pass the two interviews, you will enter project matching phase waiting to be assigned to project. There is no guarantee that you get project.

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Interview

Phone contact, scheduled interview within a week, result in 2 weeks.

Software Engineering Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online some time in September and was contacted in early October to schedule two technical phone interviews within the next few weeks. The two interviews were back-to-back, an hour each, using Google Docs.

I interviewed in early November, which I feel went fairly well. It took 3 weeks until I heard back from them; it was a generic rejection email.

Interview Questions

• A question similar to the Scrabble game: finding words from a dictionary using a given set of tiles.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

I went to a career fair and was contacted by Google to set up a phone interview via email. They sent me information to open up a google doc so I could write code while they could view it simultaneously. I believe I talked to 2 different people during the process.

Interview Questions

• How to design the storage of videos on youtube.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google in January 2013.

Interview

They contacted me a few days after my application referred by a engineer in Google.

Two phone-screen interview were assigned for me, each was 45 min.
    The first one I was asked some stuff in my project and asked to search a number in an ordered array. I used Binary search. The recruiter then asked me to write some test cases.

In the second one was asked to draw a tree and then connect each vertices from left to right in each level. I was using recursion. I screwed up and cannot finished it. the recruiter did not talk too much.

Got the rejection information after 3 days.

Interview Questions

• 1, search a number in an ordered array.
      2, draw a tree and then connect each vertices from left to right in each level.
      Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Two back-to-back technical phone interviews. There should be 15 mins between these two interviews. But the first interviewer is a little bit later such that the second phone call is got before the first one is finished. The interviewers are nice and the question will be typed on the google doc. Example will be provided by the interviewer. The questions are easy and interviewer will remind you if you are in the wrong direction. But my application is too later to find a team during team match.

Interview Questions

• 1. Determine the balanced binary tree.
      2. Pattern match