Google Software Development Engineer In Test Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Software Development Engineer In Test Interview Questions

3.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Hiring process starts with phone screen. Once you are through it, you are called to Google head quarters in Mountain View, CA. Here I had 4 rounds of interview and a lunch break in-between. They book tickets for your travel and hotel and reimburse your expenditure during your stay. I must say Google HRs are really helpful in making me understand entire interview process and giving suggestions for the same.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were unexpected, Be sure you know data structures like Maps, Trees, Array/Lists well and Time complexities. They usually ask time complexity of your program in the end of the solution u gave. Even read about OOD and be thorough. Again, its Google so make sure you prepare our best :)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Google (Kirkland, WA) in September 2009.

Interview

1. I got a phone call from the recruiter who asked me a few questions about what I did in my present job.
    2. Next the phone interview was scheduled for a week later.
        The phone interview consisted of three parts:
         a. Questions about my current job, stuff I worked on and projects I had participated in
         b. What is my favorite programming language and what is the most advanced feature of the language that I had used.
         c. Questions on multithreading, concurrency, locking. Simple question about race conditions, solutions to the usual concurrency problems. What is the difference between a mutex and a semaphore. Which one would I use to protect access to an increment operation. (i.e. i++)
         d. A question on the 'Game of Nim' although it was worded differently.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied through employee referral. HR called me within two days after sending resume. A phone interview is arranged a week later. I was interviewed by a SET from Bangalore. He asked me simple coding questions and writing test cases for it. I was informed that I've cleared the phone screen within 2 hours. Then onsite interview is arranged two weeks later and I flew to Hyderabad. I had 5 onsite rounds each consisting of 2-4 questions. Questions were focusing on efficient coding using data structures, writing test cases for it and write test code. During the interview I was continuously updating my thought process to them which helped me to get nice hints from them whenever I deviate from the right path to solution. I was able to ask them many questions relating google products and SET's work and they were answering my questions patiently! I was taken to cafe with another SET for lunch where I got to know the work environment and other related stuffs! The overall interview process was good. I was constantly updated by my HR about the feedback processing and I got my results in two weeks time!

Interview Questions

• Per NDA cannot disclose questions   2 Answers

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Google in March 2010.

Interview

I had interviewed with google in 2007 when I was still in graduate school. At that I had a phone interview and was called onsite to their campus in Santa Monica. I did not get an offer from them after that, however 2 and a half years later I got a call from an HR at Google who wanted to set up an interview because he saw my profile on file. So the phone interview was set up and the questions consisted of a lot of testing questions like "how would you test google maps" etc. They asked quite a bit about GUI testing. There was also a programming question that I had to write on a shared document.