Google Web Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Web Developer Interview Questions

3.1

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

i was contacted 2 days after applying through website. and it took about 1 week for a phone screening process. and 2 day after on-site.

Interview Questions

• I had to implement the depth first search algorithm. Explain what data structure used to manage the nodes and describe it's implementation. What are three of your pet peeves?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google in March 2012.

Interview

First, contact through phone, ask some basic algorithm questions, like quick sort.
    Then, in the onsite interview, three people ask me about technical questions, like CSS, PHP, SQL, algorithm, etc, and the projects I have did.
    Last, project manager interview me, just talk about my previous projects.

Interview Questions

• A intelligence question: give you 64 horse, sort them by their speed. You have eight-lines race courts. You can't record the speed of horses.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Round 1:
    1) Given a database, a query returns correct output 99% of the time, however 1% of the time, it returns wrong output. What could be the possible reasons?
    2) On a 2-D grid, the positions (x,y) of 3 persons are given. Find the meeting point such that sum of distances of each person from meeting point is minimized.
    Now generalize this to N persons and solve.
    3) A very long question related to hashing. I don't remember it.

Interview Questions

• 1) Given a string of parantheses, check if the string is valid. ex: [[]] is valid, ][][ is not valid. How would you solve if the parantheses could be of different types like {,[,(   6 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

I was very fortunate and had a laid back crew that interviewed me. It was very much about fitting into the culture first, with technical know how being a strong second. Be prepared to cover some basic academic concepts in regards to programming fundamentals, coding practices, and talk about testing, debugging and code reviews.

Interview Questions

• What is prototypical inheritance and why would you use it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (San Francisco, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied and followed up one week later to make sure they had my resume. A week after my follow-up, I received and email to set up a time for a phone interview. They asked me which programming languages I knew and a few basic (but confusing) questions about each language. They also asked about my experience and the classes I'd taken. They said they would follow up with an on-site interview if I got to the next step, which I didn't.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

I applied online, got an email. The recruiter said I have a pre-screen phone interview first for 5 minutes only. She scheduled the interview 1 month later. Fine with me, more time to polish my skills. After 1 month, I received a message the same day that she is sick and need to reschedule. No problem, it happens. She set the date 1 week later.On the same day of the interview, she sent another email that she is still not fine and she again rescheduled the interview after a few days. You guessed it, after few days she sent an email that she is still sick, but she won't reschedule the 5 minute interview and she will contact me later. 1 week passed still no email.

How should i take this seriously with very poor communication skills, shouldn't someone else handle the interview when someone is sick? I consider Google my dream job and I will try hard to get it, but sounds like those who get it, don't have the same spirit :/

UPDATE: after 2 weeks, i called google and asked for the name of the recruiter. When she heard my name, she said ohhh I was gonna send you an email, but I got busy and forgot. I was like no problem, she then intrupted and said that she canceled the interview because the manager found someone else.

I'm sure this is not true and she lied and I can't do anything about it. She was nervous and it was easy to tell. I simply don't know if she messed up at something in the management process and ended up like this.

No official emails what so ever afterwards.

Interview Questions

• no questions,no interview as of now, something to expect when you are communicating with Google is lack of proper communication.
      10 interviews and you still select such employees?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

Be well informed about the job description.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

amaing simply amaing

too much hassle

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Google in August 2012.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. I was done two phone interviews with members of Google Design Studio. They were very friendly and supportive. My negative experience becomes from the lack of information I was receiving during the process by the recruiters. After the second interview seems that I was not in the process and nobody didn't tell me anything. I waited 10 months and finally I got an answer from my referral, due to my insistence.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google in January 2012.

Interview

I got this opening through a consultancy and they scheduled the initial interview. The first interview was a basic introduction and a small analytical question. Then there were a couple of technical interviews but more concentrated on the analytical skills. Eventually I got a call from my to-be manager and he asked me about my work experience and education (kinda resume related questions). Then finally I got a call from the HR saying that I have been selected.

Negotiation

After the selection the negotiation process started. I informed them about my current package and they offered me a relatively hiked package. It was a simple process as I was happy with the offer and accepted it.