Hilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hilton Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2017

2.7

Memphis Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

Interviewed first with Small panel; second interview was with higher level Director and was one-on-one. Hilton is a great company. I would recommend. Also, many opportunities for advancement

Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hilton (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

I first met with the Director and Assistant Director of the department to discuss my experience and career goals. The next step was a panel interview with other department heads, as well as my direct boss. It lasted about an hour. Be prepared for grueling questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach an inebriated VIP and cut off alcohol service?   Answer Question

Compensation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

I applied earlier this month to a vaguely worded job description via Solomon Edwards. After a little back and forth, I arrived for an in person interview approximately 2 weeks later. When I arrived at the Hilton HQ, I was greeted by the front desk who informed me that they did not know where my interviewer was nor did anyone in her office. I was then told to wait in the lobby. So I waited... and waited.

After about 10-15 minutes, I made a move to the front desk. They informed me that they still couldn't get a hold of her, and to be patient. I then called my recruiter who told me to hang out a little longer, which I reluctantly did.

It wasn't until I was saying my goodbyes to the front desk when lo and behold, 39 minutes after the scheduled interview time, my interviewer had arrived.

The interview which then took place was obviously a mute one. But its should be noted that the 18 minute conversation was one part discussion of her son's football prowess and two parts how she still doesn't know what she wants to do with the position. Shocker.

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

You Tube type interview when you answer questions and record yourself. Can be very awkward and challenging if you are not you tuber or not used to talking to yourself.

Reservations Agent Interview

Interview

Phone interview with Human Resource manager and Reservations manager. Asked me questions about myself and my skills, as well as why I wanted to work with them. Also asked me situational questions and to describe my past experiences.

Remote Reservation Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilton (Bowling Green, KY).

Interview

I received an email invitation from Hilton, who is using digital interviewing to accomplish this first step in the hiring process. It works by using your computer and webcam, or your mobile device, to record answers to pre-set interview questions. You have one question to practice your technique before beginning the actual test. The questions are at the very top of your screen; if you use a cell phone, like I did, you will have a circle to pull down to see the full script. You have one minute to read the question and prepare your answer; there is a bar that shows the remaining time. Then, it flashes circles, 3, 2, 1, beep...you are recording your answer...

I have to tell you, the whole thing was a bit unnerving to me. It is a new process, and looking at yourself while answering questions gives you a whole new perspective on what the interviewer sees. Try practicing questions from my interview and other Hilton interviews in the mirror or in selfie mode on your cell phone. Practice looking yourself in the eyes when you talk and not looking to the sides. Leave out as many er's, um's, uh's, etc. as you can; it's harder than you think!

This was just the first step for me. I will update as it progrprogresses!

Interview Questions

• You and some friends are at an amusement park. You just finished one ride and don't know what to do next. What do you do?   1 Answer

ECommerce Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

Initial interview done through HireVue where you record a 3 minute response to the interview questions you are given. It is very nerve wrecking as you only get 2 attempts to answer and re-record your response

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied on the Hilton website, very easy experience. Then received a phone interview by a recruiter. I was then invited and attended an in person interview at the hotel with a manager. The next day, I had an interview with HR and was then offered the position. Everyone was so friendly and I could tell how much the company cared about me as an individual and now as a new employee. Way to go Hilton!!

Interview Questions

• Multiple questions based on prior experience and position applying for.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McCleans Corner, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton (McCleans Corner, MD).

Interview

It was a long process, I was contacted by a recruiter, then the lead recruiter then had a phone interview with someone at Hilton, then another phone interview then came in for a 1/2 day interview with writing test and powerpoint presentation. I still wasn't sure what they were really looking for.

Interview Questions

• Assess the SWOT of the Hilton website.   Answer Question
    • Typical questions, why do you want to leave and why join Hilton?   Answer Question
    • How would I incorporate the Hilton brand into 3rd party hotels?   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview was conducted via HireVue- I was able to use my phone- for the Orlando facility. First time doing an interview process in that manner,which as very interesting and fun, still waiting on reply.

Interview Questions

• is the current pay suitable?   1 Answer