Hilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hilton (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied on Glassdoor then an employee contacted me .
    He sent me forms to fill after filling I scanned and sent them back
    After few days I got a positive response
    Though I failed to raise money for the Visa
    And the time provided was very little ( one month

Server/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

Applied for many different positions. Hostess, Server, and banquet server. I went on 3 different interviews and got denied for all them but they're constantly hiring. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME APPLY SOMEWHERE ELSE! HR is very picky and kind of.. weird.
     COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME

Bartender Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

too many questions, how did you resolve this or that, what is in a screwdriver ? 18 years of experience plus 2 yrs supervisor in f & B and they went forward to hire me as a breakfast buffet employee, I believe the young manager was looking at my age because she hired 2 young people, one that had no experience at all as I found out in the orientation !! I refused the job offered. If I can be a server or deal with hustling a full buffet I am able bodied to be a bar tender . I have had some managers says I walk with to much confidence ?? Not sure what that means ? I am sure most are getting away with illegal decision such as age because most do not think the older age group can do the job !! SAD ....

Interview Questions

• how do you make a screw driver ? How did you overcome an out raged guest ? we need you to meet the management so some interviews were up to 3 weeks long.... that is a timely situation for city drivers and 3 weeks of meeting and answering the same questions is over rated. especially for a server or bar position .   1 Answer

Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hilton (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied online, got a phone interview that was short an easy with details on the job. After that I had another interview at the Hilton to interview. After the interview, I wasn't told if I would get a call or email to follow up with me. I didn't find out I didn't get hired, till' I sent a follow up email to them.

Interview Questions

• If you came across an error on a new software you learned, what would you do?   3 Answers

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Hilton (Carrollton, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

Being a previous Hilton Hotel employee I was delighted at the opportunity to work for corporate. I applied in January and did not hear from anyone until April. I was invited to do an online interview, which I found very strange since I was in the same location as the office. I would recommend the company to not utilize this service. My response videos came out really blurry. After that, I did not interview with the manager until MAY. She was very dry, I had the impression immediately that she didn't want to interview me. I was told by the recruiter initially that my salary request was outside of their budget. Two days after my interview, I emailed the recruiter for an update on my interview and I was sent the Hilton "thank you for applying, but" email. It was a complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• If money was not an option, what would your dream job be?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hilton (Orlando, FL) in May 2018.

Interview

The manager was very cool. He walked me around the area I would be working, talked me through how they operate a bit. Felt more like a tour then an interview, but it was a relief. Made talking to him way less awkward. More conversational then questioning.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a hotel or pool side serving position before.   Answer Question

Busboy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilton (Melbourne, FL).

Interview

professional, the HR director just wanted to know if I could do the job, there were no silly surprise questions such as "what is your personality disorder?" or "how did you solve an issue with another employee....etc."

Interview Questions

Interview

I got an email then did a video interview. I had a list of questions I had to answer. It was very easy, but I was very nervous trying to answer questions without actually talking to someone.

Interview Questions

• Explain what type of work you have done in the past. Very easy questions.   1 Answer

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (McLean, VA) in April 2018.

Interview

Interview process was enjoyable thanks to a super friendly recruiter. I was unsuccessful with my application, but would certainly apply again. Hilton treated me with respect, communicated well throughout the entire process, and took a genuine interest in my achievements. Process included screening with recruiter and discussion with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with learning processes.   Answer Question

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Gabriel, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hilton (San Gabriel, CA).

Interview

Either apply in person or through referrals. If selected, an in person interview is scheduled. Interview is with HR director and department manager. The interview itself is fairly straightforward. For GSA, it is mostly focused on personality aptitude towards the hospitality role.

Interview Questions

• They asked a question about how to respond to an irate guest.   Answer Question

Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hilton (New York, NY).

Interview

Short interview for the initial approach and second interview within 3 days. Personalized interview questions based on CV rather than the standard questions usually asked. Felt comfortable during the whole process.