Hilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hilton Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2017

2.7

ECommerce Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

Screening to review previous experience with HR, followed by a phone screening with the hiring manager and ended with a case study/presentation on digital best practices. Not easy but also not very difficult. However, come prepared to address your specific tactical experience.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your accomplishments?   1 Answer

In Dining Room Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hilton (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Initial applied through Snagajob. It was an entry level position at The Highland Hilton. Heard back in 2 days via email from department manager. He needed some additional information. Once given, we scheduled an appointment. He never confirmed it. I show up on our allotted time, and he is missing in action. His house flooded earlier in the day and just left with no word to other staff.

Another manager interviewed me and apologized for the delay and hiccup. It was a very quick and straight forward question and answer. I was told original hiring manager will be in touch. 4 days later he calls out of the blue and wants to conduct a phone interview. Happy to hear from them, but why not have the courtesy to set up a day and time. 2nd interview goes well until he tells me I want to offer you a morning shift. Now both applicants state I work night shifts, have that experience, and need that salary requirement.

I am shocked and kinda upset he hadn't bothered to read my criteria or even ask me. I suppose he felt maybe I was desperate or so willing to get hired on with little concern of my needs. Either way, he was not happy I verbally turned down his morning shift. Weird thing, first manager was willing to put me in any pm hours or shift I wanted. Said he had another candidate and would be in touch.

Either way, I wasn't interested anymore. 3 weeks roll around and I receive a corporate email saying the position is filled. Best wishes to me. A month later, the job is back on electronic boards as open. They were quick to interview, but were unprepared and not thorough.

Interview Questions

• What hours and time are you available and prefer...1st manager.   1 Answer

Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hilton (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

I first met with the Director and Assistant Director of the department to discuss my experience and career goals. The next step was a panel interview with other department heads, as well as my direct boss. It lasted about an hour. Be prepared for grueling questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach an inebriated VIP and cut off alcohol service?   1 Answer

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton (Virginia Beach, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

She asked me general questions about my housekeeping experience. I explained to her the different hotels I worked and my work experiences at each hotel. She gave me the rundown bout their hotel and what they expect from their employees

Memphis Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

Interviewed first with Small panel; second interview was with higher level Director and was one-on-one. Hilton is a great company. I would recommend. Also, many opportunities for advancement

Interview Questions

• They asked about strengths and weaknesses.   2 Answers

Compensation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

I applied earlier this month to a vaguely worded job description via Solomon Edwards. After a little back and forth, I arrived for an in person interview approximately 2 weeks later. When I arrived at the Hilton HQ, I was greeted by the front desk who informed me that they did not know where my interviewer was nor did anyone in her office. I was then told to wait in the lobby. So I waited... and waited.

After about 10-15 minutes, I made a move to the front desk. They informed me that they still couldn't get a hold of her, and to be patient. I then called my recruiter who told me to hang out a little longer, which I reluctantly did.

It wasn't until I was saying my goodbyes to the front desk when lo and behold, 39 minutes after the scheduled interview time, my interviewer had arrived.

The interview which then took place was obviously a mute one. But its should be noted that the 18 minute conversation was one part discussion of her son's football prowess and two parts how she still doesn't know what she wants to do with the position. Shocker.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose compensation as a career path?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I interviewed at Hilton (McLean, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Went through several rounds of interviews - some were well structured and organized, others were not. My feedback on the overall experience: They do not seem to have much rigor around developing job requisitions that clarify what specific skills they are looking for, which leaves the candidate confused about what skills to highlight and the interviewer unsure of what to ask. This is a result of recruiters not pushing to have these details from the hiring manager at the beginning of the process and/or the hiring manager not having a clear talent strategy for their organizations. Without having much detail, I asked one interviewer what they would expect of me within the first 60 days. They could not answer the question. During another interview, an HR leader asked me if I had children and how old they were (completely unlawful). One other interviewer showed up 20 minutes late and another could not meet in person and had to call in. By then, I was completely thrown off my game. This was a big waste of time and gives HUGE insight into how this specific team operates as well as the caliber of talent on their recruiting team. I never heard back from the recruiter (not surprised as I'm sure they agreed the whole day was a train wreck!). I would not recommend joining this HR team to anyone.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions related to greatest strength, how do you overcome challenges, etc.   Answer Question

Reservations Agent Interview

Interview

Phone interview with Human Resource manager and Reservations manager. Asked me questions about myself and my skills, as well as why I wanted to work with them. Also asked me situational questions and to describe my past experiences.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10, how well can you deal with stress   1 Answer

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

You Tube type interview when you answer questions and record yourself. Can be very awkward and challenging if you are not you tuber or not used to talking to yourself.

Remote Reservation Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilton (Bowling Green, KY).

Interview

I received an email invitation from Hilton, who is using digital interviewing to accomplish this first step in the hiring process. It works by using your computer and webcam, or your mobile device, to record answers to pre-set interview questions. You have one question to practice your technique before beginning the actual test. The questions are at the very top of your screen; if you use a cell phone, like I did, you will have a circle to pull down to see the full script. You have one minute to read the question and prepare your answer; there is a bar that shows the remaining time. Then, it flashes circles, 3, 2, 1, beep...you are recording your answer...

I have to tell you, the whole thing was a bit unnerving to me. It is a new process, and looking at yourself while answering questions gives you a whole new perspective on what the interviewer sees. Try practicing questions from my interview and other Hilton interviews in the mirror or in selfie mode on your cell phone. Practice looking yourself in the eyes when you talk and not looking to the sides. Leave out as many er's, um's, uh's, etc. as you can; it's harder than you think!

This was just the first step for me. I will update as it progrprogresses!

Interview Questions

• You and some friends are at an amusement park. You just finished one ride and don't know what to do next. What do you do?   1 Answer