Hilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hilton (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied on Glassdoor then an employee contacted me .
    He sent me forms to fill after filling I scanned and sent them back
    After few days I got a positive response
    Though I failed to raise money for the Visa
    And the time provided was very little ( one month

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Memphis, TN) in March 2011.

Interview

Went through a temp agency for a temporary position, and was then hired on as a permanent employee. Temped for seven months and had to find a job elsewhere for them to take me serious and offer me a full time permanent job. The interview process was very standard and not difficult at all.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What is your biggest accomplishment? What has been your biggest failure? Asked some canned questions about your personality to determine what type of personality you have, i.e. type A, B, etc.   5 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiating, take the offer or leave it.

Pastry Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hilton (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a stage where i baked a few food items and show cased my plating skills. The pastry team was considerate but a little stand offish. Expected I guess as they did not know me. The dessert took four hours from start to finish. Did not seem to bother the Pastry chef in charge. (plate had a lot of applications). Over all the interview went well. Talked to the Executive Chef and was asked to come on board pending HR.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been baking? Where have you worked and in what capacity? Are you flexible to schedule changes? Can you work weekends and holidays? Can you multi-task?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They do not negotiate. They ask if the wage is ok.

Pastry Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hilton (Boca Raton, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

All the people applying for non managements culinary positions have to answer a very complete test with about 50 questions. After that, the Chef proceeds with his interview which is even more difficult. They definitely know what are looking for. All the questions are about your knowledge about technical and practical procedures in the kitchen.

Interview Questions

• What’s the difference between an Italian and Swiss meringue?   1 Answer
    • What are the ingredients in the preparation of a eggless buttercream?   Answer Question
    • What’s the substitute for eggs?   Answer Question
    • What’s the range of temperatures for risk of food decomposition?   Answer Question

Hilton Response

Oct 27, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for feedback on your interview process. It’s great to hear you had a positive experience, and how our team shared the light and warmth of hospitality with you. Be sure to join our Talent... More

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilton (McLean, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

Had an interview with the hiring manager and then with another manager that works in the same department. Mostly behavioral questions, wanting to know about why I applied for the position and what I was looking for. Very few technical questions. Overall the experience was great. Hopefully I hear something positive as its a great company, learning opportunity and room for growth... Not to mention they are prepping for an IPO.

Laundry Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilton (Orlando, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

Received a call from HR and was scheduled an appointment to meet with the hiring manager. Upon arrival to appointment, hiring manager was not available and I was interviewed by two lower level managers. They asked questions from a pre-printed form and took the time to write down the responses. Interestingly, I discovered that one of the interviewers was actually the subordinate of the position I was interviewing for. Is it common for a supervisor to interview their potential boss? Very unprofessional environment when compared to other operations in the area.

Catering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

There was first a video interview with 3 - 4 questions. if you pass that then you move on to face to face interviews. Both interviews are with the person who will be your manager and another manager

Interview Questions

• How have you handled conflict in your past positions   1 Answer

Hilton Response

Oct 6, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Welcome to Hilton! Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide feedback on your hiring process. It’s great to hear that you had a positive experience. We’re excited to see where... More

Catering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hilton (Dallas, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

I went in for the interview and met with two people from the Event Planning/Catering department. They asked straight forward questions about what my responsibilities were at my old job. I thought the interview went quite well. After and hour and a half of talking and hearing about the job responsibilities I went and talked with the HR manager. He asked a few questions. What I believe the job responsibilities would entail? Would I be free to work on the weekends when necessary? What would I do to calm an upset bride? I thought the interview went very well, but I never received a call.

Interview Questions

• When you haven't met a goal, what did you change to be more successful in the future?   Answer Question

Catering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was simple and short. It was your average interview. But the advertised job was not the same one that was offered in the interview. I was prepared for job that was advertise.

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (McLean, VA) in April 2018.

Interview

Interview process was enjoyable thanks to a super friendly recruiter. I was unsuccessful with my application, but would certainly apply again. Hilton treated me with respect, communicated well throughout the entire process, and took a genuine interest in my achievements. Process included screening with recruiter and discussion with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with learning processes.   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (West Palm Beach, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

Easy, post office will hire anybody they think they can slave. A lot of paperwork to fill out. Secratary wasn't too worried about asking questions, she just wanted some workers immediately.

Interview Questions

• What did you do do before ?   1 Answer