Hilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.7

Reservation Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hilton (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The interview process was exhilarating. I really enjoyed it. It's conducted by Hirevue. The video asks about 6 questions and the rest are agreeing to the requirements and computer questions through multiple choice. You need to know a little bit about customers booking rooms and asking discovery type questions to find out information. The rest are just sales based questions. I had no issues at all, due to the fact, I planned and studied before I did the interview. You will have a chance to practice to get very comfortable in front of the camera. The first set of questions is timed. The rest of the questions you need to take your time and make sure you agree with what you can actually do. All in all, it is a new experience if one hasn't done it before. I will just say, relax, and have fun with it. Hilton would like to see your personality shine through. I really hope this has helped some.

Interview Questions

• Which room would you sale to a customer and why? You have to choose between packages A,B,C.   Answer Question
    • How would you handle an irate customer?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Hilton Worldwide?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Tysons Corner, VA).

Interview

They set up two phone interviews followed by an in person interview. The in person interview was informal. They did not have a room ready and I interviewed in a shared office.

Reservation Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

They insist that you make a video to answer the questions. They want you to film yourself as you answer questions you read off the screen.
    I sent an email inquiry asking if I could just do an audio recording for them. They responded with a definitive "NO" that they need to "see you".
    Why do they need to see you? The clients will not see you. So what could be the point?
    Is it because they want to see the color of your skin? To see how much you weigh? How old you are?
    If not, what?

Interview Questions

• Nothing actually related to the job you will be performing. The questions relate to other jobs you've had such is "what is your greatest achievement during your life?"   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call with in a few hours. Set up interview, went through three interviews back to back. Seemed like it was a go. Asked to sign background release form and told I would be hearing from them within a few days. It's been a couple weeks now and still no word.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hilton (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview actually was a video style interview where applicants had to record answers to questions in short two or three minute clips. The goal was to allow your personality to show through and to get your creative juices flowing as you answered real-life-scenario style questions. That format did take some getting used to, but once you find your groove, the process starts to make a bit more sense.

Interview Questions

• What's one area in your life you had to take the lead in? How did you go about it?   Answer Question

Guest Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton in January 2017.

Interview

I met with HR and 2 managers. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. An hour later I got a call offering me the job. A background check was run and then I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is an instance that you made a mistake at work and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Manager, Learning and Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

Very involved and respectful. Seven rounds of interviews at different points in the process--both in person and via Skype. Interviews included recruiter, business owners and internal customers. It was evident that they were all very aligned on the vision for the role and the part it would play in their business.

Interview Questions

• Share how you have actively worked to streamline processes to make business more efficient in the last month.   Answer Question

Room Service Order Taker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilton (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a group interview i interviewed with 3 different people in one day and then got hired on the spot it was a sort of uncomfortable experience because i was sitting in a room with multiple people and at one point i did a interview with two people at once that i later found out were both going to be my managers

Interview Questions

• Describe your goals for the future?   1 Answer

Remote Booking Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton (New York, NY).

Interview

Video interview, pre-set questions. You get a couple minutes to review each question and then record your answer. There were twelve questions in my interview. Not all of them were video response.

Assistant Director of Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hilton (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was conducted online. It was a wonderful experience. I was able to do the interview when it was a convenience. The entire process seemed to be simple. There were step by step tutorials to make the candidate as comfortable as possible.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a hostile person? Please provide a past experience and how it was handled.   Answer Question