IKEA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Food Service Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Memphis, TN) in July 2018.

Interview

I applied on Friday, July 13th online through ikea.com. I recieved an email the following Monday, July 16th about setting up a phone interview. I was called Wednesday the 18th and had a 15 minute call where I was asked about scenarios in my past employement and what made me interested in the job. At the end of the phone call, I was informed that it went well and they would like to have a face-to-face interview which happened a week later, July 25th. On July 26th, I recieved a phone call from the same person offering me the job. I took my drug test on July 27th, and I start August 6th. It was very smooth and easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer   1 Answer

Aug 17, 2018

We're so excited to have you join IKEA! Now that you're part of the family, you'll learn about the wonderful career opportunities ahead of you. We like to say, "When you grow, we grow too... More

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview process was conducted in a very efficient and professional manner by the interviewer. The interviewer explained many of the basics of the particular position that was being offered.

Interview Questions

• If I was willing to accept the position as seasonal as the interviewer stated there was a hiring freeze implemented 2 days before my interview session.   1 Answer

Jun 8, 2018

Thank you for feedback! I am pleased to know that your interview experience was positive and that it was conducted in an efficient and professional manner.

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Renton, WA).

Interview

I was first contacted by phone and given a description of the multiple jobs for which I had applied and was being considered. I then was invited for an interview Like someone else on Glassdoor said, if you are called for a second interview, it's a very good sign.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a difficult customer and how you handled the situation.   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (New Haven, CT) in February 2013.

Interview

HR made it easy to feel comfortable and asked questions made sense... and were related to the job at hand. I wold highly recommend going through the process with IKEA

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work at Ikea   1 Answer

Aug 17, 2018

Feedback is always helpful to us...thank you for taking the time to provide yours! I am pleased to know that it was a positive experience for you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (College Park, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

I received a call from the Visual merchandising manager. Came in for an in-person interview. In the interview I was asked a series of questions about team practices, problem-conflict resolution, and about what skills I have with power tools. Later I was given ample time to design my own retail display as a way of doing a skills test.

The following two weeks, I received an email to come in for another interview to meet with a logistics team member.

Interview Questions

• Say there is a team member who is very committed to their idea for a project, but you don't agree with it and believe another idea would be better. How would you resolve this opportunity?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Woodbridge, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

The series of interviews begins with a phone interview from the HR Call Center. It's a basic phone screening-type interview. If you match what IKEA looks for, you get passed onto the next phase where the management sifts through résumés trying to find someone who fits. If you make it past that stage, you get an in-person interview. Each store does in-person interviews differently, and it really depends on the manager. My interview was held by the Visual Merchandising Manager and the Interior Design Manager. They began with basic interview questions, leading into an exercise. It was to create three different displays with props given, and to explain why. If you have visual merchandiser experience or an inherent eye for aesthetics, this won't be difficult, but fun. Be sure to think of how IKEA likes to display things, too. After that, I was released, thanked, and if I remember correctly, I got a gift card, too.

Interview Questions

• How have you managed conflict between you an a customer?   1 Answer
    • What's you greatest strength/weakness?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA in June 2010.

Interview

One on one interview followed by interview activity making displays in a private room while timed. If you are unable to answer the questions or comfortably implement the activity; this job is not for you. The whole experience was positive, but challenging. It took two or three weeks before I heard anything and an offer was made.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at IKEA (San Francisco, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

applied online on company's job board site. Got the email a week later said they were going to follow other candidates.

Anonymous Employee in Stoughton, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IKEA (Stoughton, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

hired on the spot ,not much of an interview .I talked about my past work experience. and my education.I was asked about my interests in furniture and interior design. What magazines i read and subscribe to ,and what interests me and inspires me.

Interview Questions

• talked about my past work experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IKEA (Fairfield, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

Went to national hiring event and completed an application and hours/availability sheet. Had to be waitlisted for the interview due to it being busy, but the wait was short, only 5 minutes or so. Interview went smoothly, he got to know me and what I wanted in a position, then asked basic interview questions but didn’t feel like an interrogation. We discussed salary & benefit/hour levels and I was told the salary I wanted wasn’t going to be a problem with my experience, interview concluded. A week later i got an email requesting me to schedule a time for a phone interview. I scheduled it for the next day, and it was a 10 minute phone call. He basically confirmed my interest in the position, described my position (a mixture of the one i applied for and the one they needed people in the most), and told me about my hours level and benefits eligibility, and then stated my salary, which was WAY lower than what i negotiated in my first interview. He said he’d email my location since he was from corporate in another state & that I’d hear back after the weekend but overall it was a really good experience and regardless of what i make I’m excited to start working there.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you had to handle a really negative experience with a customer.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time when you, as a manager, had to do something you didn’t really want to do.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at IKEA?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Canton, MI) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call two weeks later. The interview went well and was very laid back. Near the end, I was told that my application was pulled to skip the recruiter interview process. Two days later I received an email from the recruiter for an invite to open interviews which was never mentioned. I called the manager I interviewed with and left a message and never received a call back. During my interview, I was told I'd receive a call two weeks later and never received one. Three weeks later, I received an email letting me know that I was not an accepted applicant from the open interviews, which I never attended.

Interview Questions

• How do you work within a team?   1 Answer