IKEA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Creek, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Oak Creek, WI) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied on the website and spoke with a IKEA recruiter over the phone and got scheduled for a in person interview. I met with my dept lead and got a tour of the location. I then later the same day got a offer.

Interview Questions

• Why did I wish to leave my current job?   1 Answer

Mar 25, 2020 – Recruiting Specialist

Welcome to IKEA! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

Phone interview with manager of department. Then was called in for in-person interview with manager and assistant manager of department. Then, waited a few days to receive phone call. Called in for drug testing which took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

The progress was lengthy (due to the COVID-19 outbreak) but I was committed to sticking around. I had a short phone interview with a recruiter that was a very basic conversation about the role and my experience. The next round was supposed to be in-store however this is when the COVID-19 started to break out in the United States. We originally scheduled a 2 hour long interview in the store but ended up switching it to an hour long video interview with multiple people that went deeper into how my past experience would benefit the role and behavioral questions. That interview went well but because of the outbreak they didn’t know next steps. This is when everything went downhill....ikea closed stores due to the outbreak and I was pretty sure they would cancel this position as it was a new role the company was adding into all stores at the same time. They had planned training to be over a set time where you would have to travel. I was fully ready at this point to hear from ikea they were postponing the entire thing yet they persisted on. They decided they wanted to schedule another video interview where we would have to do a “virtual store tour” over a computer. I was told to prep a portfolio and have it to the recruiter a week in advance. I prepped it the weekend before only to receive a call that Monday after that ikea was canceling the role for the foreseeable future....while the outbreak threw a wrench into their plan ikea really strung along the candidates “trying to make it work” when they should’ve looked at the big picture and just postponed it from the beginning. I wasted almost 2 months chasing this role and even turned down another in the process.

Interview Questions

• How do you run a creative team? What is your leadership style?   Answer Question

Customer Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (New York, NY) in April 2020.

Interview

This review is specifically for the new location opening in Queens, NY. Posted job title was different from the position actually being offered. Initial interviews with hiring manager went well. Video interview with general manager was very different. Nearly every question focused on negative topics such as "tell me about your biggest failure," "tell me about a time your ideas were ignored," and "give me a specific example of a time you did not live up to management's expectations," and so on. No questions about successes, achievements, or points of pride in my previous roles, or professional growth. This was all VERY off-putting and felt extremely contrary to Ikea's company values that the hiring manager had stressed would be a big focus of the interview with the GM. GM seemed detached from the location being based in Texas, and strongly indicated that one of this role's primary functions was to secure him placement on local advisory boards and committees, even going so far as to say "what can you do to make me look as good as possible?" I don't think of this as a reflection of Ikea as an organization, but rather as a representation of poor management on a store level.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

It was a group interview with people who applied to several different positions. They went around the room to each of us individually to answer some questions regarding the company and position we applied for.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Live Oak, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Live Oak, TX) in March 2020.

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly, I was not stressed at all. mostly in part due to they were very friendly and informal. I received a phone interview, then the following day a one on one interview, followed by same day background check and drug screening. 3rd day hired.

Interview Questions

• Describing a time at work that was very stressful and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Mar 25, 2020 – Recruiting Specialist

Our culture is based on the spirit of togetherness, enthusiasm and fun. And we're always looking for people who share our positive attitude and values. Welcome to the team!

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IKEA (Sunrise, FL) in March 2020.

Interview

The interview took about 15 - 20 minutes and was done in a super relaxed manner. The environment was cozy and it was easy to feel comfortable. They will most likely ask you about times that you failed and learned from your mistakes.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you went above and beyond?   1 Answer
    • When was a time that you had to work with someone on a team that you did not agree with and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at IKEA?   1 Answer
    • What are your hobbies?   Answer Question

Mar 25, 2020 – Recruiting Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! "Togetherness" is at the heart of the IKEA culture. So glad that you experienced that from day 1!

Cashier/Food Prep and Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Sunrise, FL) in March 2020.

Interview

The interview process was very traditional. My resume was looked over, I was asked about my previous experience, I was asked basic interview questions and then I commenced to ask a few questions myself.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to name a time where I had to do a barge amount of work and a small time frame and how I managed the situation   1 Answer

Mar 13, 2020 – Recruiting Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! Here at IKEA, we believe in operating in simple and straightforward ways. We are so excited to have you join the Florida Family!

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process for me was pretty laid back. I did a phone interview first with the recruiter. She was really nice and asked me a few questions, they just regular interview questions and then told me about the company and position. I then was scheduled a face to face interview. That was also pretty laid back, few interview questions and more information about the company. Overall I had a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake   1 Answer

Mar 13, 2020 – Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback with us. Welcome to the IKEA family!

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Atlanta, GA) in February 2020.

Interview

Interview was easy , Applied , Had a phone interview 3 days after , In person interview with 2 supervisors the following monday , got my offer 2 days later

Interview Questions

IKEA Response

Mar 13, 2020 – Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback with us. We’re glad to hear your recruitment process and journey with IKEA has been a positive experience. As a company we are committed to provide a togetherness work environment every day.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hicksville, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Hicksville, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

I felt as though the recruiter was a wealth of knowledge. She was very sweet, thorough and enthusiastic. Overall she made the entire hiring process a breeze, and smooth sailing.

Interview Questions

• What was a problem in which you resolved while working at a previous job? How was it resolved?   Answer Question

Apr 8, 2020 – Recruiting Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience! Our co-workers are fun, unique, and make IKEA a great place to work!