IKEA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IKEA (New York, NY).

Interview

the interview was easy and in a very friendly environment. was 1:1 interview but ant the end HR manager joined and asked a couple of questions as well. Again got a call from them and had a second interview and got my offer letter and drug test at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you took the lead.   2 Answers

Sales Co-Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Applied online, got a phone interview and then was invited to a hiring event and got hired that day so it was very long and exhausting but worth it. They were organized. I had my first interview which revolved around basic questions, they asked what I wanted to do. The second interview was with my future manager who asked more specific questions based on the job I said I was most interested in. I got hired that day.

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

It was nice. The guy Eric was easy to talk to and very informative. He notified that once we were done to expect an email about my background check and we will continue from there.

Interview Questions

• Why IKEA? describe a time where you had to take lead..   1 Answer

Childcare Interview

Interview

Very hardcore questions but was offered the position on the spot. Started off as a seasonal only to become a full time employee. Had to learn multiple departments because, Summer is the busiest time at IKEA.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with children before? Are you in school for the summer?   Answer Question

Safety and Security Co-worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

2 part interview. First with corporate via phone call and second in face to face. Very laid back interview. Went on a tour of the store while they were going over the job.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IKEA (West Covina, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I was out of town when they called me about receiving my application and they wanted me to come in the next day for an in person interview, but I wouldn't be back till that week's Sunday. I guess they liked my resume quite enough to decide to give me an on the phone interview the next day (which I absolutely nailed) and I really appreciated that they did that for me. They could of literally just brushed me off because I was away, but they still decided to give me a chance and I'm forever grateful for that. The phone interview was quite lengthy, but I had no problem with that. I was a bit nervous because it was my first time doing a phone interview, but studying my answers helped a lot. One thing though, my questions got a bit personal because I talked about how management at my old job was lacking immensely and they were really curious as to how I handled myself in such a stressful environment, but I answered their questions properly.

Technical Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by a woman manager for the new Jax store opening in November. She was professional and courteous . We had a little chit chat and then straight down to business. The questions were a little predictable and many situational types asking what would you do if.. I didn't feel like I could relax and be myself. She was also a little guarded .. I felt like I needed to relax her ! In fairness though, she had many people ( 100's) to sift through after me . She was trying to get through interview quickly and proficiently. Not much personality .

Interview Questions

• How did a customer or situation exceed your expectations as a salesperson   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dartmouth, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Dartmouth, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

It Was a very casual group interview, followed by a phone call and background check. The group interview only consisted of three applicants and three memebers of the management team for about an hour. Three days later I got a phone call notifying me that I would receive an email with instructions for my background check.

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Renton, WA).

Interview

I was first contacted by phone and given a description of the multiple jobs for which I had applied and was being considered. I then was invited for an interview Like someone else on Glassdoor said, if you are called for a second interview, it's a very good sign.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a difficult customer and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Sales Co-Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview process was pretty fast. I applied on a Sunday, received an email about a phone interview on Monday and was in for a face-to-face interview the following Wednesday. The questions were simple. Just be confident with your answers.

Interview Questions

• If a customer came into the store looking for a bookshelf, what types of questions would you ask the customer to provide the best fit bookshelf for them?   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (New York, NY).

Interview

First interview was one that was conducted online. You have one minute to answer a question which is recorded. There were about 5-8 basic interview questions. From there I was selected to have a phone interview with a person from corporate. She explained the job and duties. Then she asked a few more basic interview questions such as explain your proudest moment. Tell me about a time where you made an error and how you corrected it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your proudest moment.
      Tell me about a time you made an error and how did you correct it?   Answer Question