IKEA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IKEA (New York, NY).

Interview

the interview was easy and in a very friendly environment. was 1:1 interview but ant the end HR manager joined and asked a couple of questions as well. Again got a call from them and had a second interview and got my offer letter and drug test at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you took the lead.   2 Answers

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Renton, WA).

Interview

I was first contacted by phone and given a description of the multiple jobs for which I had applied and was being considered. I then was invited for an interview Like someone else on Glassdoor said, if you are called for a second interview, it's a very good sign.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a difficult customer and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Sales Co-Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview process was pretty fast. I applied on a Sunday, received an email about a phone interview on Monday and was in for a face-to-face interview the following Wednesday. The questions were simple. Just be confident with your answers.

Interview Questions

• If a customer came into the store looking for a bookshelf, what types of questions would you ask the customer to provide the best fit bookshelf for them?   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (New York, NY).

Interview

First interview was one that was conducted online. You have one minute to answer a question which is recorded. There were about 5-8 basic interview questions. From there I was selected to have a phone interview with a person from corporate. She explained the job and duties. Then she asked a few more basic interview questions such as explain your proudest moment. Tell me about a time where you made an error and how you corrected it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your proudest moment.
      Tell me about a time you made an error and how did you correct it?   Answer Question

Sales Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IKEA (Draper, UT) in July 2017.

Interview

I submitted a resume and cover letter online, and within the day I got a call from the hiring manager. We set up an interview for 2 days later. The interview went well, she said that I would receive an email about completing a background check, and that once that was done, they would schedule a second interview where they would make an offer.

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Baltimore, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

There were two interviews. There is a phone interview that lasted 20 minutes and there's an in person interview that lasted 30 minutes. The phone interview asked the Common interview questions.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Process was very painless. I applied and was contacted for a phone interview the same day. Very basic, wwyd, tell me a time when...questions. Scheduled an in-person interview shortly after that. My interviewer was really nice and it was the most comfortable, laid-back interview I've ever had. We just talked about what I had done previously and why Ikea.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Children's Play Area Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Santa Ana, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Right after a few minutes of finishing up the application, I received a phone interview (basic questions such as, why do you want to work there, name a time you successfully worked individually & in a team, 3 characteristic of a great employee, what type of environment are you comfortable working in). After completing the phone interview, I was scheduled for an in person interview. The manager I interviewed with made me feel really comfortable and also asked pretty basic question. The in person interview was quick , less than 30 minute. About a week later I was called in for a job offer, there they performed a swab drug test. I'll be starting my orientation in a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you dealt with difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite room in the house?   Answer Question
    • Describe yourself in 3 words   Answer Question
    • In your eyes, what characteristics/qualities make a good manager? And why   1 Answer
    • Who motivates you in your life   Answer Question

Sales Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Process was broken into 3 parts: Phone Interview, Face-to-Face, then a meeting with HR. Took a while between steps but I don't think that's the standard at all stores. Super easy going process.

Home Delivery Desk Co Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Tempe, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

You will be called to set up a time for the interview. Then, in the interview, you'll be asked some basic interviews question.

If you get the job, you'll be called back. If not, you'll get an email.

Goods Flow Co-worker Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the position and got a call within a few days. The manager explained the position and asked me if I'd like to interview. I met up with him and another manager for the first interview. After the interview, I did a background check online to verify work experience and references. Few days after they called me for a 2nd interview in which they offered the position, signed papers, and drug test. My background and drug test passed and I start orientation. The whole process took 2 1/2 weeks, and lots of emails and brief calls with the hiring managers and background check company.