IKEA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IKEA (New York, NY).

Interview

the interview was easy and in a very friendly environment. was 1:1 interview but ant the end HR manager joined and asked a couple of questions as well. Again got a call from them and had a second interview and got my offer letter and drug test at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you took the lead.   2 Answers

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Grand Prairie, TX).

Interview

Big event hiring day. Very organized. Job offer before leaving. I was very impressed with the energy and people skills all those involved showed. They were interviewing hundreds of people for the new store and everything was kept very professional. I am very excited to begin with them soon.

Loyalty Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Woodbridge, VA).

Interview

I sent in my application about 4 months ago and finally received a response and they asked for a phone interview which was very easy and pleasant. I had initially applied for the sales and service position but they reviewed my past experience and told me about a new position that dealt with essentially babysitting kids. The interview went smoothly and got asked to go in for a 1 on 1 interview and was then asked a few days later to come back again for a 2nd 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to IKEA/ why are you interested in this position?
      What makes you a good candidate for this position?
      Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.
      Tell me about a time there was an issue that required you to solve.
      Tell me about a time you dealt with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Sales Coworker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKEA in November 2017.

Interview

national hiring day. took awhile to get through everyone. i waited for 3.5 hours, but i know some people waited longer. had you check in and then they would put you in the queue to be called in for an interview. said they’d get back to me within the week.

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I interviewed at IKEA (Washington, DC) in November 2017.

Interview

nationwide hiring day. Long three hour wait, but did get a personal interview. I believe the gentleman was quite tired himself and went through the standard questions real quick.

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Atlanta, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a email for a interview three days later. Unfortunately, it was IKEA National hiring day. There were so many people waiting in line to be interviewed by IKEA Mangers. It was a one on one interview which lasted about ten minutes. The hiring Manger made me feel comfortable and asks a few questions. I wasn't hired on the spot, but she did say I would hear something in a week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for IKEA?

Are you available on the weekends?

What did you do at your previous jobs?   Answer Question

Active Seller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2017.

Interview

It was very organized and run efficiently with minimum wait times. Text notification as the interview time drew nearer so I was able to explore the store and observe employees.

Interview Questions

• A situation in which a mistake was made and what was done to correct it.   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IKEA (Fairfield, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

Went to national hiring event and completed an application and hours/availability sheet. Had to be waitlisted for the interview due to it being busy, but the wait was short, only 5 minutes or so. Interview went smoothly, he got to know me and what I wanted in a position, then asked basic interview questions but didn’t feel like an interrogation. We discussed salary & benefit/hour levels and I was told the salary I wanted wasn’t going to be a problem with my experience, interview concluded. A week later i got an email requesting me to schedule a time for a phone interview. I scheduled it for the next day, and it was a 10 minute phone call. He basically confirmed my interest in the position, described my position (a mixture of the one i applied for and the one they needed people in the most), and told me about my hours level and benefits eligibility, and then stated my salary, which was WAY lower than what i negotiated in my first interview. He said he’d email my location since he was from corporate in another state & that I’d hear back after the weekend but overall it was a really good experience and regardless of what i make I’m excited to start working there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at IKEA?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time when you, as a manager, had to do something you didn’t really want to do.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time when you had to handle a really negative experience with a customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2017.

Interview

2-step interview, first with a recruiter and than a follow-up interview with the hiring manager. Some of the same questions were asked between both interviews, so be prepared to adapt with an alternate answer to the same question.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at IKEA (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2017.

Interview

Job Fair went from 2pm to 8pm in the store restaurant. I arrived at 1:45. There were about 25 people there already. We were given a form to fill out with our name and phone number. They entered our information into a computer, then at 2 they began calling out names. There were about 6-7 ikea employees doing interviews. When my name was called, I was seated at a table with 2 other candidates. The interviewer introduced himself and then began questioning us. He would ask the question, then each of us took turns answering while he took notes. We were told we would hear back in a week or so. It has been one week and I haven't heard anything back yet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had multiple task to accomplish and how you decided what to do first.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covina, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Covina, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview was easy and straightforward. Consisted of about 10 questions. I got there early in the morning and waited no more than 10 mins. The interviewer was very nice. Would recommend.