Johnson Controls Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 7, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 17 of over 872 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Johnson Controls

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Hyderābād) in Jul 2020

Interview

First Technical round they will ask about your skills, whatever you mentioned in the resume. Then after asking about projects. Then after 5 days 2nd technical round. And last round hr round discuss about salary and joining about work culture.

Interview Questions
  • Devices driver related C program based data structure
    Answer Question

Johnson Controls

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Johnson Controls

Interview

for freshers technical ,hr first round was related to aptitude and logical reasoning 2nd round was technical 3rd round was HR plus technical It ttok around 1 week to complete all the interview process

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Johnson Controls

Application

I interviewed at Johnson Controls

Interview

I was really excited to interview with JC. They have a good reputation and positive glassdoor reviews. My phone interview went well and I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. I thought the interview went very well. The atmosphere was nice, not overwhelming. At the end of the interview, I was told by the hiring manager they had one more person to interview but wanted to make a decision quickly. That was over a month ago I have followed up 3 times (thank you and 2 emails); I have yet to get a response. I ended up calling the recruiter, he said that he would get back to me later that day. That was over 2 weeks ago. I don't mind if I didn't get the job, but I find it really rude not to inform the candidates they didn't get a job.

Johnson Controls

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls

Interview

I came for interview n it was very good. The technical team is having very good knowledge. They work on iot projects. Company looks very good to me. But it's not service based companies. Pp

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in Mar 2018

Interview

Online video interview, was basic questions and took the pressure off since you could re record your answers . Asked personality questions as long with some professional experience questions, both were pretty common.

Interview Questions
  • What was your biggest failure and how did you react?

Anonymous Employee in Cork

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Cork) in Dec 2017

Interview

I applied online via LinkedIn. First interview was a phone screening one. After that I was informed that I would be notified whether I was successful or not. After 3 week I got a phone call that I passed the screening . Next interview was technical one over the phone. I was asked a few technical question regarding programming languages and job related technologies. A few days after had last interview on-site and next day that received a phone call with the offer.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Pune) in Oct 2017

Interview

aptitude test-technical interview -hr nterviewer asked about the micro controller and communication protocol and in dept-c language knowledge is required they are mainly focus on the pointer function and array in second interview mainly focus on project

Interview Questions
  • interviewer asked about the micro controller and communication protocol and in dept-c language knowledge is required they are mainly focus on the pointer function and array in second interview mainly focus on project
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Calcutta) in Sep 2017

Interview

first of all you will have an aptitude test and then u will be having your technical and hr rounds. Aptitude round would consists of general mathematics questions and verbal and logical aptitude. In technical rounds they will ask you about yourself first and gradually they will get into the technical part and ask very basic questions. In HR round they will ask the basic question and if they find you interesting they will upraise the bar and put in some difficult circumstantial questions and you have to be very alert and have to use your presence of mind to tackle them.

Interview Questions
  • In technical questions i was asked about difference between dbms and rdbms what are pointers sql commands fav subjects calloc malloc they were checking my knowledge about data type etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Calcutta) in Aug 2017

Interview

Applied through college. There were 3 rounds: Round 1: 50 Basic Aptitude questions, the easiest ones. General Knowledge questions were there. Round 2: Technical Interview. The interviewer was very patient and made me feel at ease since it was my first interview. A few HR questions were also asked - introduce yourself, problem with relocation, plans of higher studies etc. Round 3: HR interview. The three guys from the technical panel for CSE came to take the HR interview as well. Technical round was for basic Technical questions and HR round turned out to be for high-level technical questions and very few HR questions.

Interview Questions
  • In the technical round, I was asked questions mostly from Java - write Code for Binary Search in Java, describe enumeration. Also few questions from DBMS were asked. In HR round, I was again asked to introduce myself, my hobbies, the meaning of name and how I see myself living up to that name. Then questions from DBMS like 4NF and 5NF. RDMS related questions and the HR questions from previous round were repeated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Vellore) in Jul 2017

Interview

Written Test(Technical)->F2F Technical interview->HR interview (Telephonic). There were three rounds first round was a written test where technical mcqs and five coding questions from data structures c(sorting,arrays,trees etc.) and java. I was shortlisted for the second round for F2F, there they asked about my academic projects, internship and some basics in C, Java. I was not shortlisted for the HR interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Interviews