Johnson Controls Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johnson Controls Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2017

2.8

Safety Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Interview process included multiple phone interviews followed by an in person interview with multiple interviewers. There was also a walk through of the plant area followed by several more questions. Everyone was friendly.

Interview Questions

• What were three things you noticed while in the plant area.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Applied online. Had a preliminary screening where I had to record answers. This was followed by an onsite interview with the Quality Manager who went over my previous experience in detail.

Interview Questions

• Resume based: Which of these accomplishment are you most proud of and why?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Interview process takes awhile to get through. Took around 5 months for the whole process from the time I first applied to when i started. Overall, getting into the company was long and left in the dark mostly. Once getting into the position it was worth the wait.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions consisted of technical knowledge of the companies products. They didn't expect you to know exactly what their products do, but wanted to you to have an idea.   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Nashville, TN).

Interview

My personal interview was conducted by the branch manager, and a manager from each department. Each department had questions and statements to ensure that Person interviewing was qualified for the job. Very professional interview process.

Interview Questions

• I personally was to ask if I thought that I was qualified to do the job efficiently and safe.   1 Answer

National Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

I applied for a National Account Manager position online and received an email from a recruiter two or three weeks later to set up a phone screen. The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and went very well - the recruiter told me that she thought I was a great candidate and would be passing my information to the hiring manager for this role. She also informed me that there was another open sales position that I would a good fit for, and asked if I'd liked to be considered for that role as well. I told her yes, and she informed me that I'd be hearing from two different hiring managers in the next 48 hours.

After four days of silence, I emailed her to check-in and never received a response. A little over two weeks later, I received a generic email from a No Reply address informing me that I was not selected for the National Account Manager position. The email was a little surprising as it was the type of template you typically receive if your resume is weeded out, not if you have already begun the interviewing process and are waiting to hear about the next step.

To this day, I have not received any follow up regarding the second role.

It was pretty clear, both from my experience and with the way in which the recruiter spoke of the hiring managers, that there is a lot of disorganization in their hiring process. It seems like there is a giant communication issue between recruiters and hiring managers. Whatever the issue may be, I hope that they value their potential candidates' time a little bit more in the future.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think that you'd be a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Technical Interview

Interview

The interview was not too technical. Mostly talked about my resume and asked me about my projects. It was a phone interview, and there were a total of three people talking to me.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

Did an online web interview.Answered about 6 questions.The interview was not live.It was recorded videos.2 of them were 1 time only(no edits).The other 4 you were able to edit them.

Interview Questions

• Question about ethics.Have you ever been in a situation where you saw something unethical take place   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Was contacted after I applied online. No phone interview - jumped right into meeting in person. Met at the office and spoke with three different people. After that was finished I was brought upstairs and sat with the lady who would train me, if I was hired. Everyone was very friendly. They wanted to make sure they were transparent about the position and they also allowed me to ask several questions.

*****I am currently waiting to hear if I got the position.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

First there was a Johnson Controls Human Resources representative phone interview, then a panel Interview with three engineers and a skills test. The whole process took about two weeks from phone interview to job offer.

Interview Questions

• Technical and proficiency questions related to ProE/Creo software.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the hiring manager then fly from Providence RI for a face to face interview. Then met the rest of the team in the system (5 other directors). Then interviewed with the client & was hired