Johnson Controls Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johnson Controls Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2018

2.8

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

The interview was not bad. They asked common behavioral questions. I met with 3 people. They were all very friendly. The interview lasted longer than normal which was good. They took a while to get back.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength?   1 Answer

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Canton, MA) in May 2018.

Interview

The actual process prior to the interview was cumbersome. The person who initially contacted me couldn't tell me whether the position was exempt or not or whether there was a bonus involved. Once I got to the interview, the interviewer was wonderful. Very straightforward and very honest. No games involved.

Interview Questions

• They simply wanted me to detail my experiences in prior jobs and how those duties dovetailed with the job description.   Answer Question

Technical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

The overall job interview process was fairly simple. I got an email for a panel interview. I went to the interview and got a job offer a few days later.

Mechanic Helper Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

The interview was basically a formality. I came in and met with who would be my immediate supervisor. Since it was such an entry level position, he just asked me basic questions about myself and if I was comfortable using tools, and being around equipment.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Easy and happened Quickly. They were very interested in bringing someone in soon and it was a pretty good happy experience as an interviewer. They really treated me well.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Phone interview was quick and to the point. A few weeks later I had an onsite interview with the same basic questions that lasted maybe 30 minutes followed by a plant tour.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had experience in performing tasks related to my job title but there was no real prodding for details.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Hartford, CT) in April 2018.

Interview

met the branch manager, sales and operation manager. they asked work experience and job description question.
    behavioral questions.. they even introduced me to the collegue with whom i will working,.
    the process was easy. people were nice.

SAP Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Technical interview related to SAP experience. Detailed SAP technical questions . STAR methods? How you rate your yourself in your module

Commercial Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Had a phone interview followed by an in person interview. Very standard questions, didn't know anything about the pay until the end of the process which was very low for what I expected to be a higher paying type sales role. In the $30,000-$40,000 range.

Interview Questions

• Typical "tell me about a time when" questions along with some basic questions about background and sales history.   Answer Question

Electrical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

There were multiple interviews, online interview first then in person. The people are very welcoming. It is an equal opportunity hiring company. The environment is relaxed and comfortable.