Johnson Controls Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Canton, MA) in May 2018.

Interview

The actual process prior to the interview was cumbersome. The person who initially contacted me couldn't tell me whether the position was exempt or not or whether there was a bonus involved. Once I got to the interview, the interviewer was wonderful. Very straightforward and very honest. No games involved.

Interview Questions

• They simply wanted me to detail my experiences in prior jobs and how those duties dovetailed with the job description.   Answer Question

Construction Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (San Ramon, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I got the interview through a referral. The first interview was with the HR that went pretty smooth. the second interview was with the hiring manager. He wanted to know

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why do you want to work for JCI?
      What are the essential elements that lead to successful project management practice?
      How do yo budget for a project?   1 Answer

Pipe Fitter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Asheville, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Very awkward and unprofessional nothing was asked on my experience or talenys in the filed or my concerns of operation of work preformed they wouldn't provide proper saftey equipment ppe until something bad had happened didn't seem to care about employees just the money of jobs coming in

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Phone interview followed up with live interview within a week. Results or feedback were not a speedy process. Would like to followup and/or second interview. Seems like a very good company.

Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2008.

Interview

Day long interview

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Applied from LinkedIn post. Hired within 4 months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview process is quick,
    1 round - Technical (easy, just to verify you eligible )
    2 round - Technical (average, focus on JD)
    3 round - Technical (average, mostly about performance, security)
    4 round - Technical (focus on architecture , design pattern)

Anonymous Employee in Waynesboro, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Waynesboro, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process was pretty average. I had to bring projects that worked on. They gave me a run down on how things worked. I sat down with the director of the group with whom I would be working and talked about the components of the job that I would be performing. After that it was a meeting with my would be manager for me to ask questions about the position. I finally met with the principal engineer who asked me some questions about my experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls in January 2017.

Interview

first round phone screening, about 30 min, HR asked questions about willingness to relocation, salary, and previous intern experience, also scheduled for next round technical interview. HR is nice to talk with. That is all I have, good luck to everyone.

CI Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2012.

Interview

Asked me to give presentation from another employer, came very fast with an offer and blocked other oppurtunities out. Gave a 3 day acceptance position, should have waited. After action review, if employer comes at you this agressively beware.

Interview Questions

• Why should we expect that you will stay here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Unprofessional, negotiated one extra week of vacation - but they refused to put it on paper. Had to print out the email with the confirmation.