LexisNexis Legal & Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 3, 2017

2.8

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Dayton, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

Casual, however in-depth questions. Hour long session, with a tour, and job shadow. They asked questions about my sales experience. They asked about the sales process. I was able to tour the entire place and received a gift after my interview. The job shadow was calm and casual. The sales reps didn't seem very busy and the woman I shadowed said it was not a hard position. And that pay starts out at $26k.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

Interview

Very basic questions. Comfortable and not off putting. The interview wasnt too short or too long. The interviewer explained questions well and gave great feedback to answers. The questions gave me an opportunity to give good, specific examples from my work history and didn't make me nervous at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Operation Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in August 2017.

Interview

Received an email from HR two months after applying online. After phone screens with HR and a hiring manager they requested I perform a third phone screen which consisted of another manager telling me "he didn't want to waste my time," because they've already made up their minds. HR did not respond when I questioned why I was receiving notifications and a rejection for a position I never applied to. I hope they treat their clients with more respect than they do their prospective employees.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to further explain my previous work experiences and where I hoped my career was heading.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in August 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview with recruiter left me feeling like the recruiter did not know the position very well, so I was left with plenty of unanswered questions. The questions they had for me were basic.

Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, OH

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter and scheduled a phone interview. I thought the phone interview went well. The recruiter let me know that she wanted to schedule a follow up call with myself and the hiring managers, and that I could expect to hear back from her by email the following week. I never heard another word. I sent her an email to thank her for her time and inquire about next steps, but did not receive a response. How inconsiderate and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why are you interested in this position.   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial interview followed by panel interview on the LexisNexis campus. Very pleasant experience and people. They have an incredible work culture and I highly recommend. I only declined for personal reasons.

Interview Questions

• The standard strength and weakened questions, obstacles I have had to overcome, and questions about the sales process.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

Interview

It was a phone interview with an HR. I met her before at a career fair and received an email from her about the interview.

NexisLexis has 2 business: Law and Risk. I am more interested in the Risk business. So I hoped that there were positions available for that. However, the job was not what I expected. It is a sale representative for the Law business.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiting agent. He briefed me about the job position and asked me to come in for in face interview. There was no phone interview like other places.
    The company is very nice and extremely professional and friendly people.
    The interview was supposed to happen for 1 hr and they asked me 2 questions after which they allowed me to ask which was done in 15-20 min.
    Met with project manager and sr. Very warm yet professional people. The same evening I heard from the recruiting manager that I was not hired.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with a recruiter on the phone and then was asked to come in for an in person interview. They brought me into their location at Oklahoma City and asked me some pretty standard interview questions. The interviewer was friendly and the process was smooth and easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond your duties and responsibilities.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Dayton, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Strictly phone interviews arranged through a recruiter. Interviewers were extremely professional and pretty thorough in their questions. Nothing off the wall; just normal screening interview questions. But, in two different situations, I was told they were only interested in internal candidates. The first time, I understood completely as it's a good idea to promote from within whenever possible. They came back to me a second time after the first internal candidate didn't work out as planned. I was set up with a different interviewer and he clearly outlined the process as to how things would work. Again, I was told they'd decided to not move forward with me, even though the hiring manager admitted I was a great candidate, and that they were only going to move internal candidates to the next step. What a complete waste of time. These folks should really only seek outside candidates once they've exhausted all their internal options. I have serious doubts that I'd ever consider these guys again given this process. Very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good leader? How does having a sales background help you to be a leader?   Answer Question