LexisNexis Legal & Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Consulting Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Dayton, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

I was hired by a former subordinate who respected my skill set. There was no need for an interview. the hiring manager was a VP and he wanted me to become a member of his staff.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to rate my ability to master a new technology   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me additional vacation time in place of my desired salary.

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Dayton, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter, and received a request for an interview within a few days. Initially was a telephone interview and then followed up with an in-person interview with the team a few days later. Upon arrival I met with the team in a conference room with a projector screen, then we went over some previous projects I've worked on as well as some source code. Most of the process was going over a little bit of 'code review' as well as a conversation regarding their project and current challenges. At the end of the interview I felt confident that I would be resourceful to the team.

Interview Questions

• I suppose some would find being questioned by a group of people difficult. However I found it exhilarating.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

After a phone screen I finally landed an in-person interview. It was very awkward from the beginning. The hiring manger sent a calendar invite with the location of "My Office." Sure, "My Office" might be recognized by his browser and log in credentials, but nobody else's (remember that this is an IT manager). After emailing for clarification, he didn't reply until five minutes before the scheduled interview. Luckily I had found the headquarters but still didn't know which building, etc. He replied "When you enter the campus there are two buildings on your left. Go to the entrance." This still didn't clarify whether one of the two buildings on the left or the main building. I managed to enter the main building, although it wasn't the one he was trying to tell me, he found me nonetheless. The people were friendly, didn't notice anything cult-like. Pretty standard interview despite being interrupted by someone attempting to deliver an ergonomic chair. I elaborated on my experiences with x, y and z appropriately. The very next day I received a rejection email. Next please.

Interview Questions

• Any experience with functional programming languages?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Bellevue, WA) in May 2009.

Interview

Phone interview.
    Length: 1.5 hours.
    Requirements: Solving programming questions ( NetMeeting used for submitting solutions).
    Programming language: Python
    Type of questions: List manipulations, usage of iterators and generators, difference between lists and tuples, list comprehensive, knowledge about getters and setters

Interview Questions

• In what cases lists cannot be used but only tuples?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2016.

Interview

To sum it up: quick and simple. First, I came through a recruiter. Within a week of submitting my resume to LexisNexis, I had an interview scheduled. The interview was focused on my personality (cultural fit), how I approach/solve problems, the technologies I'm familiar with, and what qualities I'm looking for in a job.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in your next job?   Answer Question
    • What challenges you? Followed by why did it challenge you and how did you approach the situation/problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were quick and painless. My counter offer was accepted immediately.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through company website. process took 3 week from date of application. First phone screening then phone round and a technical round on phone. Notch technical questions just few questions about java fundamentals, my background project skills. The Interviewer was more curious about telling me more about company which I knew already. Never heard from them back did follow up's still no answer.

Interview Questions

• Java fundamentals questions and few questions on XSLT, J2EE related   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Raleigh, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I was called on site for two rounds(one Technical and one behavioral) of interviews, half an hour each. I emailed the HR for an interview opportunity, which she replied with the date and time of the interview. I had to email HR for 4 times to get her reply. At the end, it was worth it.

Interview Questions

• In technical round, I was asked one question each from the following topics
      Parallel programming - Related to threading, parent and child process order of execution.
      DBMS - How many joins are there in a relational database?
      SQL Query
      A brain teaser - In a bouquet the flowers are as follows: All but 2 are roses, all but 2 are tulips, all but 2 are daisies. So how many flowers are there in the bouquet?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Raleigh, NC) in December 2013.

Interview

Met at Career Fair and applied online for their Software Engineer Intern position. I had 3 phone interview and 1 on-site interview. 1st interview was with Recruiting manager followed by 2 technical interviews. 1st technical interview was mainly regarding getting to know my experience. 2nd technical interview was more about behavioral questions. I was asked to write a program using Multithreading to simulate the MapReduce paradigm.

The on-site interview was also about getting to know me and my experience. It was a good experience and learned a lot about what to and what not to say at interview.

Interview Questions

• Implementing multithreaded program to simulate the MapReduce functionality of Apache Hadoop.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was pretty smooth. The recruiters were quite welcoming and coordinated really well.

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Talked with two managers for about 30 minutes each about my academic background and work experience. They were easy and fun to talk to and it was an overall pleasant experience. No true interview questions were asked like you would typically prepare for. Just wanted to get to know me and see if I would be a good fit for the organization.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

Interview

They do an initial phone interview and if they like you, they pass you on to an on-campus interview. To which you have an interview that last about 30 minutes