LexisNexis Legal & Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LexisNexis Legal & Professional Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2018

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Dayton, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter, and received a request for an interview within a few days. Initially was a telephone interview and then followed up with an in-person interview with the team a few days later. Upon arrival I met with the team in a conference room with a projector screen, then we went over some previous projects I've worked on as well as some source code. Most of the process was going over a little bit of 'code review' as well as a conversation regarding their project and current challenges. At the end of the interview I felt confident that I would be resourceful to the team.

Interview Questions

• I suppose some would find being questioned by a group of people difficult. However I found it exhilarating.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

After a phone screen I finally landed an in-person interview. It was very awkward from the beginning. The hiring manger sent a calendar invite with the location of "My Office." Sure, "My Office" might be recognized by his browser and log in credentials, but nobody else's (remember that this is an IT manager). After emailing for clarification, he didn't reply until five minutes before the scheduled interview. Luckily I had found the headquarters but still didn't know which building, etc. He replied "When you enter the campus there are two buildings on your left. Go to the entrance." This still didn't clarify whether one of the two buildings on the left or the main building. I managed to enter the main building, although it wasn't the one he was trying to tell me, he found me nonetheless. The people were friendly, didn't notice anything cult-like. Pretty standard interview despite being interrupted by someone attempting to deliver an ergonomic chair. I elaborated on my experiences with x, y and z appropriately. The very next day I received a rejection email. Next please.

Interview Questions

• Any experience with functional programming languages?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Bellevue, WA) in May 2009.

Interview

Phone interview.
    Length: 1.5 hours.
    Requirements: Solving programming questions ( NetMeeting used for submitting solutions).
    Programming language: Python
    Type of questions: List manipulations, usage of iterators and generators, difference between lists and tuples, list comprehensive, knowledge about getters and setters

Interview Questions

• In what cases lists cannot be used but only tuples?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through company website. process took 3 week from date of application. First phone screening then phone round and a technical round on phone. Notch technical questions just few questions about java fundamentals, my background project skills. The Interviewer was more curious about telling me more about company which I knew already. Never heard from them back did follow up's still no answer.

Interview Questions

• Java fundamentals questions and few questions on XSLT, J2EE related   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Raleigh, NC) in December 2013.

Interview

Met at Career Fair and applied online for their Software Engineer Intern position. I had 3 phone interview and 1 on-site interview. 1st interview was with Recruiting manager followed by 2 technical interviews. 1st technical interview was mainly regarding getting to know my experience. 2nd technical interview was more about behavioral questions. I was asked to write a program using Multithreading to simulate the MapReduce paradigm.

The on-site interview was also about getting to know me and my experience. It was a good experience and learned a lot about what to and what not to say at interview.

Interview Questions

• Implementing multithreaded program to simulate the MapReduce functionality of Apache Hadoop.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was pretty smooth. The recruiters were quite welcoming and coordinated really well.

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Talked with two managers for about 30 minutes each about my academic background and work experience. They were easy and fun to talk to and it was an overall pleasant experience. No true interview questions were asked like you would typically prepare for. Just wanted to get to know me and see if I would be a good fit for the organization.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

Interview

TEK Systems represented me to Lexis Nexis, back in 2007. TEK Systems paid one way to fly me from Naples, Florida to Dayton, Ohio. I was "too laid back" as they put it to TEK Systems.

Interview Questions

• They wanted HTML, CSS and basic Javascript. When they prompted me to question back during interview, I was like, this sounds like a pretty easy job & said something like let me see what you've got going on-screen." They didn't want to do that.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone interviews were ok, nothing unusual, asked typical questions about work experience, personality, some logic and situational questions. On site interviews- another story. People there seemed really fake to say the least. They were being nice out of necessity, and you can clearly tell from the get go whether you got the job or not.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miamisburg, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Miamisburg, OH) in April 2010.

Interview

Generally for interns, there's not a lot of process.

Interview Questions

• What are the technologies that you are familiar with for search and retrieval   1 Answer
    • What' Singular Value Decomposition?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's little negotiation. They had a set budget for interns.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in February 2013.

Interview

They were nice and friendly. Not too hard but you should know your resume. They were nice to me. I got another good offer halfway through the process so I didn’t finish the process as a courtesy to them.

Interview Questions

• They threw a couple of questions at me that were hard because I kept having to ask for more details on the questions. I found some of the behavioral questions to be vague.   Answer Question