MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by HR relatively quickly. Then they brought me in for an onsite that consists of a few rounds of interviews with different levels of actuaries in the company and a lunch with 2 analysts

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you explain technical concepts to non-technical audience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview went really well. They took time to really figure out whether it would be a good fit between both parties. There was transparency and they give you the pros and cons about the company and the challenges many agents face.

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy about your position?
      Why did you leave your current position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Interview process was great. The manager was kind and helpful in explaining the job description, potential to grow, all the pros and cons about the job. They also have you take a test on your personality to see if you would do well on the job. I think this might be helpful in some cases but not in all cases since people are all different and no test can give an accurate review of one's potential to success in a given job.

Interview Questions

• How much do you need to make per year starting this year if you were to start working for us? What are you looking for in life?   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after emailing a resume. I had an initial interview by the recruiter and was offered an second interview by a Vice President. If hired, I would work for that Vice President. The Vice President had me fill out an online questionnaire. The questionnaire is there to weed out people who either have no sales/social bones in their body or are not smart enough to indicate it when that is obviously what the test is seeking to measure.
    Following a passing score on the questionnaire, I worked part time for several months and subsequently began working full time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and what you did to overcome it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everything is negotiable, even when they say it is not.

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Know your numbers. Be prepared to show - in metrics fashion - how you achieved objectives.

Interview Questions

• Why should I choose you when there is the interest we've had?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary agreeable

Audit Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA).

Interview

I went through two sets of interview, one with the actual team which includes business and IT auditors and the second interview is with senior management team. The interview is 4 hours for each interview. It takes about a 4 to 6 weeks to make final decision.

Interview Questions

• Why should I give this job to you, when I have similar or stronger candidate.
      Lot of business case and technical scenario questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase takes about 2 to 3 weeks.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Received call from HR to discuss the position. Interview went well from start to finish and the interviewer was very friendly. They gave an excellent opportunity to discuss skills and knowledge regarding the opening which was very helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MassMutual (Bridgewater, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Talked at me not to me. Didn't listen to the questions I had and didn't answer anything I wanted to learn more about. He asked me to sell him his pen... whats that about?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Fort Smith, AR) in July 2013.

Interview

Multiple calls and interviews with different people. The process was a little bit lengthy but not too bad. It was kinda bad about not describing the reality of much of the industry but that is fairly common in this industry i believe.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

A couple of phone conversations and in person conversations

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not an option

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Intense and long interviews. A total of 3 interviews before job offer. The first interview was with HR. The second was with the hiring manager. The third was with HR and the hiring manager.