MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.5

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MassMutual (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

I thought the interview process was going very well with MassMutual. They don't believe in using the STAR method to interview you or anything technical in that way. However, they require you to take part in 4 different interviews. I had gotten to the second interview and I thought it went really well. That was until I never received a call back from MassMutual again. You would think that they would be more professional and at least call or send an email to inform me that I wasn't what they wanted instead of me sitting around and waiting for a response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MassMutual (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

went smooth. very easy going. applying was easy to apply for. called back right away. great for an entry job in the career field. still waiting to hear back from them to further the interview process.

Financial Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MassMutual (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Found online by recruiter. Email sent and I replied within one month. We corresponded for sometime while I made up my mind. Finally, we set up appointments. I was screened by phone for fifteen minutes. I interviewed for two hours in office.

Interview Questions

• How would I describe the ideal characteristics of my career?   1 Answer

Director, Call Center Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

I had three phone and two in person interviews. They were behavioral style and general questions. I also completed a Director's assessment on-line. The employees conducting the interviews have been both professional and friendly.

Operations Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

First was a phone interview where they asked basic interview questions. Then a week later I was asked to come in for a two 30min in person interviews. The first was a panel of 4 people who had the title as the job I was applying for. The second interview was with 3 managers. A week later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• tell us about yourself?   Answer Question
    • describe a time you failed and how you managed to deal with that?   Answer Question
    • describe a time when two members of your team did not get along and how you dealt with it   Answer Question
    • describe a time when there was a procedure at work that you didn't like and how you offered a change to the system   Answer Question
    • what do you know about the company   Answer Question

IT Academy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MassMutual (Amherst, MA).

Interview

there is no code questions they just ask about your experience and what you want to do in the company. They also ask you about what you do in your current job. They ask about background in cyber security.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Columbia, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

It's phone interview. They asked few questions about my interest in this position, and my community relationship in Metro area. And they also told me something about the work in Thompson Financial Group. Then Q&A

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was laid back and enjoyable. The interviewer explained that portion of the process well. I was then given a personality identification application. I was taken to a conference room where I was given the choice of seating. The interviewer was very cordial and likable.

Interview Questions

• The questions were related to communication and articulation as well as background and experience. They looked to how I carried myself and recommended the next step. The interviewer was also concerned with whether I was comfortable with commission income.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MassMutual in July 2017.

Interview

There were a total of 3 interviews before the offer meeting. The interviews were very laid back, more of a casual conversation with a subtle digging for facts. I think you are really judged as much on the type of questions you ask as you are your answers to their questions. I believe this type of interview leads you to be more candid and less rehearsed with your answers which is better for both parties in the end. Asking questions that show your knowledge of the industry and the company/agency or at least the fact that you did some homework and applied critical thought are a huge plus.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel your previous position doing _________ will help you succeed as a financial advisor.   1 Answer

Interview

It was fine, a little disingenuous. Casual in nature and conversational, but leader of organization was somewhat disengaged and asked Qs, but didn't appear to be listening though.