MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2018

2.5

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

The interview process and event was very easy and very comfortable. When the recruiter calls you can ask most of your question there for preparing for the interview. Also the environment was great.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

I actually interviewed for them twice at two separate locations. The first time I was a freshman who knew nothing (it was my first intern interview). Needless to say I didn’t do so hot. The interview itself was fairly easy though - resume, behavioral, etc. The second time I never applied or had an interview, instead they told me to come into the office for a 2 day long training session. There they teach you about the basics of what your position entails. Based on whether you grasp the concepts and your interest/suitability for the position you get an offer. You also get to learn quite a bit about the company culture based off of their responses to the questions you may have - and to be quite honest, it left me with a negative impression on the company. Disclaimer: the second time I was interviewed was unconventional and I’m not sure if that’s consistent with other locations.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Great people, they joked around and made the process more friendly. Not very strict. Nice and fun environment. Very straight forward with the information. Manager streamlined the process quite efficiently.

Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in May 2018.

Interview

Applying online for the position was easy. The next day I received an email from a recruiter (in the email she wanted to speak with me about my application and if I could do that within less than three hours from receiving the email-it would be informal). The recruiter also left a phone message. Since it was to be an informal conversation I had no problem speaking that quickly to her. However, the phone call was anything but informal. It was essentially an on the spot interview. She had a strong accent and was sometimes hard to understand. Also, I am not sure if she was calling from a work phone as reception was spotty at times. Some of the questions made me wonder if she actually reviewed my resume and understood that my compliance experience was in the government/state sector where we had no finished product/bottom line or customers/customer experience in the normal sense. Needless to say things did not go well and I got the old we will get back to you as we have many candidates for this position (7-10 days). Got the rejection email the next day.

Do not put in your job posting that a preferred qualification is someone with a technology background when what you really want is it to be a minimum qualification. It would save everybody a lot of grief.

Interview Questions

• Experience in designing workflows, customer service etc.....   Answer Question

Investment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Charlotte, NC) in May 2018.

Interview

Phone call from outside recruiter, meeting with outside recruiter, meeting with President, Meeting with VP, Meeting with Sr. Management, Meeting with Advisors, Job offer meeting.

Compensation was not discussed until the final meeting unfortunately we had very different ideas around what that should look like and ultimately we could not reach an agreement so I was forced to turn down the offer. The team was amazing throughout the process and the organization lives it's values. I would have loved to have been a part of the organization.

Application

Interview

Very easy interview process. I had a phone interview with the sales manager and then had 1 in person interview with the President of my firm. The majority of the interview was getting to me and seeing whether or not I had what it took to sell. They also wanted to know that I was well connected. They then required me to write down 200 names of friends and family that I could potentially sell to. Then I had to take a personalty test. Very very easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• How will you react to a prospect saying no?   1 Answer

IT Academy Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

After speaking with a recruiter at a career fair, I applied online. Over the next month, I had 2 rounds of interviews. The first interview was more of an overview of my skills and the company's needs, while the second round (comprised of 4 separate interviews for me), was more about figuring out which group my skills could benefit.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem that you've encountered and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Data Science Development Program Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Application was ridiculously long and intensive. Took forever to hear from them after I applied. Then the interview was pretty straightforward, going over my resume and data science projects. They seemed friendly and like they really clicked with me, but apparently not, since they just sent me an automated rejection email. If you make people put so much effort into the application, at least send out personalized rejection letters. It just looks lazy on your part to do otherwise.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Went through interview phone and in person. Tried getting emails from HR to send thank you emails I was told they would "forward them" for me. Did not get a call to tel me I didn't even get the job, found out from the website a month later

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Boise, ID) in March 2018.

Interview

The people there were Very friendly, but the people who interviewed me were vague as to whether they had a job for me and what role I would fill. The interview process was a little drawn out.