MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.5

Interview

It was fine, a little disingenuous. Casual in nature and conversational, but leader of organization was somewhat disengaged and asked Qs, but didn't appear to be listening though.

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Phone interview than interview in person . The individual have no clue how to interview and was a waste of my time. Especially have 20 years of experience being interviewed by someone with no sales experience is a waste of my time!.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Took about 40 mins. Were all situational questions. Example.... how would you handle an irate customer that needed results in a short amount of time? Talked through resume and the interview was basically over.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer that needed something done in a short period of time?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Intense and long interviews. A total of 3 interviews before job offer. The first interview was with HR. The second was with the hiring manager. The third was with HR and the hiring manager.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MassMutual (Reno, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

A local satellite contacts you saying they've found your resume on social media and have sent you an email invitation for phone interview; you schedule with some third-party meeting service for a phone interview date and time for the manager to call you...all that day you hear nothing, weeks later you get another robo-email request for phone interview.

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

I had a phone screening followed by two "task based interviews". The first was a personality test and the second was compiling a list of 200 names to build your network. They are very willing to hire anyone willing to do this tough work

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to give someone negative feedback   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time things didn't go according to plan   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Enfield, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MassMutual (Enfield, CT).

Interview

3 rounds of interview. first was telephonic with recruiter, went over basic questions : skills compensation & past achievements and other two were personal - meeting with team and senior management. Average difficulty; state your achievements, projects you've worked on, situation where you resolved conflict.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Phila, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very welcoming and informational. I first had an over the phone interview. I had to be very persistent to keep getting the next interview process. Make sure it is what you want to do!

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Hartford, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

The entire process from Application to off took about a month. There was an initial phone interview with a recruiter, then an interview with two managers who were friendly. I received an offer less than a week later contingent on passing a background check.

Interview Questions

• Basic customer service call center questions. Know the product.   Answer Question

Operations Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

The one interview that mattered was with the Director. Right off the bat she was inappropriately dressed. Also, I was never really asked any intelligent questions. I don't know how she is director.

Interview Questions

• Do you know so and so? Do you know this other person?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here? Twice asked   1 Answer
    • Do you know the person who was in this role before? He worked at your company.   1 Answer
    • I will have some pricing positions available soon because some other people are leaving. Would this interest you if this current position doesn't work out?   1 Answer