Mercer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Mercer

1,032 Interview Reviews

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Interview

Fairly straightforward and laid back, mostly competency based questions. Two interviewers who make you feel very comfortable and introduce themselves well and have several question to allow you to ease into the interview process and calm your nerves

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work as a team and what role you took within this team. They may give a scenario that is likely to arise in the workplace and ask you to describe a time where you've been put in this type of situation   Answer Question

Interview

Several Zoom calls with different hiring managers. Very comfortable and conversational. Typical interview questions for the role. Got back to me in a timely manner. However, the one downside is that when I was given the offer, did not have much time to get back to them and make decision. They did give me a short extension, though.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company? Why would you be a good fit?   Answer Question

Health Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

Was contacted on Handshake which is a student portal. Completed an online hire-vue interview asking background and behavioral type questions. Then moved on to an in person interview which was done over zoom meeting because of covid-19.

Senior Workday Project Manager Interview

Interview

I applied for the position of Sr Workday Project Manager - Onsite or Remote. I have an extensive background with Workday as a Sr Project Manager, working both remotely and onsite with clients, and my experience was an excellent match with the job description . I completed the application process and submitted my resume online. I received an almost instant form reply: "After careful evaluation of the qualifications and experience required, you have unfortunately not been selected to continue with the application process" and any reply would be undelivered. This isn't very helpful to candidates that are actually a good match. When someone has the exact experience you're asking for, what would be more beneficial is to take the time to let them know exactly why they were not even selected for an interview. This would be more helpful to the candidate in their job search. After taking time to find the opportunity and going through the application process, it would seem that's the very least that should be done in return.

Interview Questions

• Did not have the opportunity to interview.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

Was invited in for interview after job fair. Was more a conversation. Overall very easy and smooth process. Met with 5 different people for 30 mins each, they seemed like they were trying to get a feel for a good fit in the office.

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

Record brief videos of yourself answering the questions, have a couple tries to redo them if anything goes wrong, took four days to get the first-round after applying directly online

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

The first round of interviews was an online interview through hirevue. They asked a few personality questions as well as a couple applicable field questions. They got back quick as to whether or not you moved on to the next round of interviews. Overall a good interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you used excel to help solve a problem.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercer in March 2020.

Interview

One way Hirevue interview - about 9 questions that were mostly behavioral/situational.
    Got an email back after 2 weeks to schedule a Zoom interview with 4 employees ranging from analyst to principal (on Zoom because of the COVID-19 outbreak, otherwise probably would have been in-person)
    4 back-to-back 30 min interviews - all straightforward, common behavioral questions regarding personality and fit. Interviewers were nice and personable.

Sr. Analyst Interview

Interview

There were multiple online video chats with a suite of different current employers that ran the gambit of the management chain. They will tell you about the company and try to get a general idea of your overall fitness for this type of consulting work.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (Atlanta, GA) in February 2020.

Interview

An employee sent my CV to a recruiter. She contacted me explained that I needed to do a video interview asap as the fall recruiting was ending. I did the HireVue interview and didn't hear about it for a few days when I was told that I hadn't got into this season and I should wait for spring. 2 months after I got an email asking me to do the exact same HireVue interview. I got into the next round and because I was too far away (4+ hours) from Atlanta I will have an assessment day virtually. I got 5 behavioral interviews (some interviewers were eating during the interview) a case (they shared some information and I had to do some recommendations, no complicated math) and a written assignment. I didn't go through, they didn't give me feedback, and when I asked I only got an answer explaining that "other candidates had been stronger in the written part of the interview". The recruiter was really helpful, but the overall process has some flaws.

Interview Questions

• HireView: Why HC, why mercer, why consulting
      Case: they shared some information and I had to do some recommendations, no complicated math
      Behavioral: usual questions about your experience and why you want to join the company
      Written assignment: write a communication from the CEO explaining some changes in a downsizing situation   Answer Question

Benefits Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mercer (San Francisco, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

The interview was relaxed and very open. They guy interviewed me from his home via Zoom. However, he promised to get back to me with the hiring manager's response and never did. I emailed him multiple times, but he continues to ghost me. I found that out to be unprofessional and lying.

Interview Questions

• How good are you with Excel?   1 Answer