Mercer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mercer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2018

2.9

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

The interview process was a total of five interviews within two days (which were a month apart). The first was on campus (2 on 1). The next was on-site (a series of 4 interviews, but 1 on 1).

Career Consultant Interview

Interview

uploaded my resume online and got an invitation for hirevue. got contacted by atlanta department for a confirmation for residency. still waiting for a response. but im also applying to other departments and got into second round interview for one of the positions.

Health Consulting Analyst - College Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Atlanta, GA) in March 2018.

Interview

I gave my resume to a campus recruiter at a career fair. One week later, I received an email invitation to complete an online video interview within 48 hours through HireVue. There were a total of 8 questions. Six weeks later, I was invited to interview in the Atlanta office.

Interview Questions

• Los Angeles has thousands of parking meters in the city. What do you believe some of the consequences would be if the city allowed free parking everyday for an entire week?   Answer Question

Communications Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online through my college job site. Was asked to complete a HireVue. They called me in to complete a three-hour writing skills test. After that, I was asked to come in for a round of one-on-one interviews with five members of their practice, from analysts to principals. For the final interview, I met with three more members of their team, including the communications team lead. Received an offer two days later.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

I was invited to a video interview after applying online through my university career center. It was an one-way video interview and they asked behavioral questions along with case interview questions. It was a quick 30 minute interview.

Interview Questions

• If a company asked the impact of a $15 minimum wage what would you say?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (Irvine, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

hirevue interview and about a month later asked me for a final round. Very unprofessional however, wanted me to come down to Irvine from Berkeley and wouldn't pay for transportation and said they'd do a phone interview, and when I mentioned my availabilities never responded.

Interview Questions

• if you could as our first year consultants any question what would it be   Answer Question

Health & Benefits Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

It was a half day event. You are interviewed individually by 4 people, each at a different level in the company. 30 minutes each person and they kind of ask pretty much similar questions. This makes it hard to incorporate different experiences and stories. However, everyone was very friendly and professional.

Clinical Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

Had extremely bad and unprofessional experience .
    Was contacted by HR for the position and hiring manager was going to update me for the first interview. Never heard back from them for 2 months and was finally updated that they have decided to pursue another candidate . I was never interviewed and waited unnecessarily for 2 months. Disappointed !

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

Hiring process moved fairly quickly as the company was looking to fill the position following the move of a prior employee. I interviewed twice, once with two hiring managers, the other with the department head. All levels were communicable and friendly, provided insight into the industry, and made the interviews more conversational than simply reading from a list of questions. HR was also excellent throughout the process and very timely in responding to my emails and questions.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

Whole process was very straightforward and relatively laid-back. First round was a 30 minute phone screen. I was then invited into the office for a three hour interview with 8 people. Two employees at a time, about 45 minutes each round. First round was with higher-ups who just wanted to chat about my experience and thoughts on healthcare. Super easy and fun. As I got further into the rotations, questions became more analytical/Excel based, some regarding healthcare. Trickier questions, but also very interesting to talk through. Be prepared to know your Excel projects!

Heard back a week and a half later (mind you, this interview was around the holidays, so I was very impressed with how quickly everything moved). Didn't get the job in the actuarial department, but was told my resume would be sent to another department to be considered as they felt the strengths suited the other department more. Overall very positive experience.