Mercer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 16, 2018

2.9

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Denver, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied via my university's career website. I was then given an on campus interview. The interview was relaxed and the interviewer was very friendly. I didn't hear back from them for about a month. After this point I received another interview with a second interviewer in their main offices. It was very friendly and short. I received an offer for the position a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What do you look for in a company when applying for jobs?   2 Answers

Mercer Response

Dec 17, 2015 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am happy to hear that you had a good experience. I would hope in the future we could tighten the process a bit. A month without hearing anything? Yikes!

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer in October 2015.

Interview

had an on campus interview at my college and a week later interviewed in the office. a couple days later got an email from a recruiter saying i was going to get an offer. then heard nothing for about a month and a half. Had to call the recruiter for her to tell me there was no offer and they messed up how many positions there would be and she made me feel dumb for calling her.

Consulting Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

I went through the first round of interviews. It was a 45 minute long interview and was mostly technical questions, which threw me off guard.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to name a current issue in the consulting world, which I was not expecting and could not provide an answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Dallas, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. I was asked to tell them about myself and why I think Mercer will be a good fit for me. The interview lasted for about 20 minutes and it was the only interview.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult question, neither was there anything unexpected. The Managers who interviewed me spent most of the time speaking about their experiences in the company so I didn't have to talk much.   Answer Question

I inquired about the work culture from some people working there presently after my interview and realize that it is not the best for me,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mercer (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2011.

Interview

I had 2 interviews at Mercer in two different locations setup by a Mercer recruiter from their HR dept. My first interview was about 6 hours which included lunch. My second interview was with a senior leader. I worked at Mercer prior as an analyst and moved on to lead a few teams at 2 other organizations. I had actually applied for a manager position, but they said they wanted to have me possibly come in as an analyst first (which was okay for me). It was a step down, but I was not wiling to negotiate pay. Ultimately, I did not get the job and was not given any follow up. I'm fairly certain they did not get approval from a budget perspective because I actually knew half the people I interviewed with including the senior leader I met with for my second interview. The last step they said was to get budget approval which they say they had a verbal on, but who knows.

Interview Questions

• The questions were typical interview questions based on subject matter, personality, experience, etc. I felt very comfortable answering any and all questions. They had other analysts come in to ask me if I had remembered this or that subject of pension, but they were just pulled in to get more buy in (I could tell they were not the most equipped at handling interviews).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer (Norwood, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

Began with a phone call from HR. Series of 3 interviewers, pretty standard. General questions in regards to prior experience. Met with several different team leads, low pressure environment. It took several weeks before a formal offer, HR was pretty good about staying in contact. But overall the process took too long.

Interview Questions

• Past experience with excel, sql and what role I saw myself fitting into   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mercer (San Francisco, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Phone (30 min) inc. basic behavioral questions that aims to understand what type of person you are & how well you can communicate. "Walk me through your resume" so be concise and be prepared to tell them what you did and the results you achieved.
    Final In-Person: Spoke w/5 people who did 1:1 with me. Great office culture & team environment. Each interviewer comes to you versus you having to go around from person to person. Be prepared for a case study on the company's line of work, strategy case study and emphasize WHY you want to work for Mercer (this came up over & over again). Overall, really intelligent group of people who want to make sure you want MMC and aren't considering them as 2nd choice. Ask smart questions, so be sure to read their published books.

Interview Questions

• Based on these charts on executive compensation, what is the recommendation you'd make to the firm?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

This was through campus recruiting. First round interview was 1 behavioral and 1 case. Behavioral was very conversational, interviewer posed hypothetical situations and asked for responses, nothing like "tell me about a time when..." Second Round included 2 behavioral, 2 cases, and 1 project walk through. Behaviorials was heavy on personal story. 1 technical case very finance heavy, other case higher level strategy. Most cases revolve around healthcare.

Interview Questions

• Technical case revolved entirely around finance concepts: capm, wacc, cost of capital/debt, beta, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (Washington, DC) in February 2014.

Interview

The entire hiring process took about 2 months from 1st round interview, 2nd round interview (phone) to the final onsite. Yet the hiring manager said it would take 3-4 weeks for the result to come out, I checked upon around that time, got the reply `` maybe another 3-4 weeks", that's the whole email. no hi, no thank you, then completely no hearing-back. Definitely one of the worst interview experience I have.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Charlotte, NC) in December 2009.

Interview

Agenda looked scarier than it actually was. I met 6 people over 3 hours then went to lunch with a group. Loved that I heard more about the position and the company from people of different levels in the company. Best part is I met the people I would be working with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It took a while to get an offer but it was within the salary range I was seeking