Mercer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mercer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2018

2.9

Clinical Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

Had extremely bad and unprofessional experience .
    Was contacted by HR for the position and hiring manager was going to update me for the first interview. Never heard back from them for 2 months and was finally updated that they have decided to pursue another candidate . I was never interviewed and waited unnecessarily for 2 months. Disappointed !

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

Hiring process moved fairly quickly as the company was looking to fill the position following the move of a prior employee. I interviewed twice, once with two hiring managers, the other with the department head. All levels were communicable and friendly, provided insight into the industry, and made the interviews more conversational than simply reading from a list of questions. HR was also excellent throughout the process and very timely in responding to my emails and questions.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

Whole process was very straightforward and relatively laid-back. First round was a 30 minute phone screen. I was then invited into the office for a three hour interview with 8 people. Two employees at a time, about 45 minutes each round. First round was with higher-ups who just wanted to chat about my experience and thoughts on healthcare. Super easy and fun. As I got further into the rotations, questions became more analytical/Excel based, some regarding healthcare. Trickier questions, but also very interesting to talk through. Be prepared to know your Excel projects!

Heard back a week and a half later (mind you, this interview was around the holidays, so I was very impressed with how quickly everything moved). Didn't get the job in the actuarial department, but was told my resume would be sent to another department to be considered as they felt the strengths suited the other department more. Overall very positive experience.

Carrier Realations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (Birmingham, AL) in December 2017.

Interview

Heard about the job through a higher up that I had spoken with last year when still with the company. He connected me with the hiring manager and she and I spoke for about 30 minutes via the phone. She told me she’d let me know when the job was posted so i could apply. After following up with her TWICE she kept saying it hasn’t been posted but it’ll be another few weeks. A few weeks turned into a month and a half and she forgot to email me once it was posted. The only way i found out it had been posted was because i follows up again and she said, “I’m sorry but i forgot to let you know we posted it last week. If you’re still interested please apply via the link I’m sending.” Didn’t get the job and they didn’t even have the common decency to call me and tell me. Had I not followed up AGAIN I most likely would have never heard back from them. Awful experience and won’t apply for another opportunity with this clueless company.

Career Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Had a brief, self-recorded, initial 5 question video interview done so far. Was notified 48 hours in advance of deadline to complete it. Total interview took approx. 15 minutes. Waiting to hear back for results.

Interview Questions

• Company HR Exec wants to know impact of implementing $15 min. wage. What questions would you ask to get more info/determine impact?   Answer Question
    • What was a time when you had to handle and present a lot of raw data? Explain   Answer Question
    • Why Mercer? Why career consulting specifically?   Answer Question

Health & Benefits Analyst Interview

Interview

Straightforward. 30 min. video recording interview for the first round. Second Round interview is 4 30-minute video interviews with current Mercer employees. They ask a lot of behavioral questions and different scenario questions. My interview had no casing.

Health Informatics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly intensive. I was scheduled for a 4 hour block where I was interviewed by 10 people who were consummate professionals. The questions were pointed and the process was very professional. There was a 15 minute break to stretch your legs.

Career Rewards Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

Met some consultants at a career fair at school. Was then invited to do a one-way virtual interview with 7 questions. You had 30 seconds-1 minute to prepare your answer for the question. You had one attempt to answer the question before moving on to the next question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with an ambiguous situation   Answer Question
    • What is something that you want us to know that is not on your resume   Answer Question

Total Rewards Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mercer (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

I interviewed on campus with two recent grads. They started with basic behavioral questions (background, why this company) then moved into a mini case. They never followed up with me, but I wasn't invited to a second round.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

First Round > HR
    Second Round > Written
    Third round > Technical
    Fourth round > Managerial
    Final Sal negotiation > HR
    ----- --------- --------- --------
    They will ask all relevant questions based on your profile and also about your future aspirations from company.