Mercer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mercer Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2017

2.9

Consultant Interview

Interview

It was a very easy going interview process, very clear, and thought out. Everyone was very helpful in engaging the candidate. The questions were behavior based, and really focused on your experience and how you can fit with the company's ideas.

Health and Benefits Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

First step required an online video recording which was a fairly easy process. Less than a week after, I was asked for a follow up interview over the phone. This phone interview included 4 30-minute interviews with different employees from the office I would be interning at. It was a quick and smooth experience.

Interview Questions

• What would be some effects of getting rid of parking meters in Los Angeles?   Answer Question

HR Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

The interview process was unstructured and fairly straight forward. There were 4 different interviewers, which took about 4 hours. The questions were completely irrelevant to the position. For instance, I was asked several complex math questions (about stock prices) and the interviewers did not do a good job outlining the main responsibilities of the position. When I was asked about my experience, they asked questions about my experience from several years ago, not as relevant to my current position and duties. Overall, the interview experience was a waste of time. It wasn’t meant to be anyways, having previously been employed at Mercer and how they treat internal candidates, I should have known better!

Interview Questions

• Complex math questions and unrelated questions on how I would solve a problem   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

Why would they have checks from other companies made out to us personally and then we send them the money? So they can get our bank account information? This sounds very funny to me.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

They utilize behavioral interview questions and want responses in the STAR method. (Situation, Task, Action, Result) I had to go through a phone screen and three rounds of panel interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had difficulty getting along with another employee.   Answer Question

Health and Benefits Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer in May 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted to complete a video interview via email, this consisted of receiving a question having 1 minute to read and come up with a response then recording a video response. After about a day I was contacted for another interview by a Mercer recruiter and we set up a time and date that worked for me and it ended up being another online interview with some consultants from the location I would be working at. The interview was not hard it was basically just seeing if I was a good fit for the company. Overall an enjoyable process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a difference of opinion with a coworker how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    • You have six deliverables all due around the same time how to you deal with it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I applied and within a week I got an email about a phone screening. I replied to the email with the times I was available and a few days later, I had my phone interview. It was 20 minutes long and it was the first step of the process.

Benefits Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbandale, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mercer (Urbandale, IA) in April 2017.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with a recruiter from Mercer, then another phone interview with a third party. The second interview was really awkward. The interviewer didn't know anything about the position, so I kind of ended up explaining it to him. Strange. Had an in person interview at the Urbandale location with two people, one of whom is a supervisor for he role I applied for. Both were very nice. I got a call from the recruiter later in the day with the job offer. I appreciate that the process wasn't tedious and drawn out.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is an appropriate number of absences per year?   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in/qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbandale, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer (Urbandale, IA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to set up the interview for later that week. The interview itself went well and I was very pleased with the company and the position I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation I had to deal with a difficult caller.   Answer Question

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercer (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the HR manager in March and was told that the hiring team is moving pretty quickly and that it's only one round of interviews and asked me questions based on my resume/experience. I got scheduled to come in for an in-person interview a week later. I got asked questions based on a case study which went well and spoke to two individuals on the hiring team. I touched base with the HR manager the following day who said they wanted me to come in again and meet with two other individuals. I felt like I should have been told this from the start. I did go in the following week for an in-person. I had to keep reaching out to the HR manager and the coordinator to see when they are going to schedule the second-round and they took 4-5 days to get me a confirmation. After this second-round, I reached out to the HR manager once a week for the following three weeks. I was told that a decision has not been made yet and that I was still being considered. Eventually in mid-May, I was finally told that I did not get the position due to another candidate having a closer background. I felt there was a disconnect between HR and the hiring team throughout the interview process because HR did not seem to know why a decision was taking so long to be made and the HR process was not smooth.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked on any projects similar to what this role would be doing and do you have any examples?   Answer Question