MicroStrategy Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MicroStrategy Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at MicroStrategy

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by their talent acquisition recruiter about a few weeks later to arrange a brief chat about my background and what I'm looking for. Then I was sent an online coding test consisting of 20 multiple-choice questions and a coding problem in 45 minutes. Next I had 45 minute technical phone interview with one of their senior software engineers. After that they required me to take 4 online tests (verbal, business, design, and analytical) which took about 2 hours total before I was brought in for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MicroStrategy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons, VA) in December 2013.

Interview

First step was a phone interview, which I cannot recall very well. It was a basic technical screen, asking questions about .NET, C#, and SQL. The in-person interview was 7 hours long. After I arrived at the MicroStrategy office, I first took a written test that asked some very difficult questions that were not relevant to my position or skills. They included questions relating to discrete mathematics, algorithms, etc.

Even though I completely failed my written test, I made it through two more rounds of in-person interviews at the MicroStrategy office. These were fairly easy and involved questions about how I would design a certain application given a certain problem. Then I went out to lunch with the team lead. That went extremely well and we got along perfectly. My final interview was with the manager of the project. He was a bit tougher and not as friendly, and was looking at his Outlook email on his phone while interviewing me (very rude).

IMPORTANT: Even though I was offered the position, the Risk Management team declined my employment because I had a misdemeanor from 3 years ago. They took 3 weeks to process my background check and I had already quit my previous position. I really hope this does not happen to anyone else.

Interview Questions

• The written test, with questions about algorithms and calculating performance of functions.   Answer Question

I did not decline. I was not given the position because of a misdemeanor on my record from more than 3 years ago. MicroStrategy took several weeks to perform my background check and I was left unemployed in the end.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

* I did not go through the full process. Though I felt it was still important to let anyone know what the first few steps were like.

Was contacted by a recruiter regarding this opportunity to work with node and react. Then I did the following:

1. 45 minute HackerrankX test with one small coding exercise and 19 trivia questions (multiple choice)
    2. 30 minute interview with their tech lead.
    3. ...

Keep in mind that even if you have 5+ years of experience, they will give you all the textbook questions from college (yes, recall all the sorting algorithms you may not have used on a daily basis).

Though I did not get a hunch that the results from the test mattered. I spoke with one of their tech leads over the phone, explained the usual "tell me about yourself", then get grilled with technical questions with 3 minutes to ask him about the company.

My overall impression was that you'll end up being a code monkey when you get hired there. More disheartening that I did not feel excited about what they're doing there after approximately 1.5 hours of technical grilling. We mutually agreed that this wasn't going to work out.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy in March 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter for a senior software engineer position after i posted my resume online. I went through a phone interview with one of the engineering folks out here who asked me questions about my experience, and some basic technical questions.
    later on after a week, i was invited for a 1:1 interview with some folks. the whole interview took close to 4 hrs with about 5 different people coming in and interviewing me. the first four were technical and the last one was behavioural. Now that i know, if you dont make it to the last interview with a manager, it means you have already lost it