MicroStrategy Software Quality Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MicroStrategy Software Quality Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at MicroStrategy

3.2

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy in April 2012.

Interview

good email communication with HR
One phone interview with analytical questions
One on site interview with more analytical questions
three people interviewed me and the third one was a manger who gave me really hard questions I could not answer on the spot

Interview Questions

• 1000 bottles, some have poison
    What is the least amount of mice you can use (making them drink the liquid) to figure out which ones have poison?   2 Answers

Negotiation

none

Other Interview Reviews for MicroStrategy

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Interview

HR is cool, on campus initial interviews are main but not only way of getting in... On-site Technology interviews are challenging as they hire only very astute candidates. Significant value placed on analytical thinking and 'brain teaser / algorithm' type questions - communication is important but not as big a focus as elsewhere.

Negotiation

negotiation phase was easy going, but I didn't press hard....

Anonymous Employee in Tysons, VA

Interview

1 or 2 phone screens with hiring managers (or team member) and 1 onsite meeting with many interviewers. The phone screen interview is about 30 mins. The onsite is 30 mins per interviewer.

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Interview

In my onsite interview, the first three interviewers are very nice, when come to the fourth people, I was told he/she was a director and the last interview was the most important one. However finally I was told that the director scheduled before was not available and some people else would instead him. When the forth people came, she just brought a phone and a charger, without pen, paper. She asked me to give her my resume and asked me who do I known in her company. Then gave me two brain teasers then continued to using phone.....

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

Had a phone interview first. After about 2 weeks, selected to attend an onsite interview. Interviewed with 4 nice people, reasonable brain teaser and behavior questions.

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

First interview is a very general one, questions are about resume, former experience, some questions like what's your strength and weakness.after that it comes to some technical analysis like to test Gmail then some analytic questions and brain teasers. I got a question about the conference of earth , the anchor and boat question.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Washington, DC) in March 2013.

Interview

Application submitted in university hiring website. Got one behavior interview via phone and one technical interview with 4 interviewers, with most brain teaser questions. Sometime will ask programming basics.

Interview Questions

• how to survive at sea when your ship crashes given a set of tools   Answer Question

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MicroStrategy in November 2013.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn. I received a phone call from a Senior Corporate Recruiter. It was a quick 10 minute conversation. He verified all the information that I had given. Was asked what got me interested in the company.He described the role and the services provided by the company.
    Scheduled a technical interview with a senior manager and said that it would test my analytic ability,i.e puzzles etc.

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy in October 2013.

Interview

I went to the on-campus interview. A senior manager in the Software Quality team asked me some behavioral questions, two analytical questions, and a question about my resume, a project related to software test. Did not finish the second analytical question in time. I left my draft to the HR 5 minutes after the interview, when I finished it. Nice experience overall. Still in the interviewing process. Will go on-site next week.

Interview Questions

• How test a function that tells if three numbers can be the length of the three sides of a triangle.
      Kept on being asked "anything more?" Had to admit I cannot think of anything new at last...   Answer Question

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

Get a phone interview talking about my background. And then get the second phone interview from another QA manager talking about projects and some brain teasers. Then got declined

Interview Questions

• How to find the defect box with defect iPhone   1 Answer