MicroStrategy Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MicroStrategy Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at MicroStrategy

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

Phone interview followed by 3 person individual in person interviews. They paid for the trip up to Tysons and transportation plus meals. Overall a good experience. Applied through campus recruiting.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MicroStrategy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

First interview on campus with Normal interview questions about resume, and then ended with two analytical questions. Then received invitation to on site interview for the following week. On site consisted of 3 separate 45 min interviews each ending with analytical questions. Culture seemed relaxed, and people were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Number sequences, patterns, and light bulb brain teaser   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

Got an e-mail from their human resources department after applying for the position online and did a phone interview within two days.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think I have to give you an offer instead of other candidates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Vienna, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

Received a 1:1 on-campus interview from college recruiting. Questions were easy/straightforward and ended with one brainteaser.
    Heard back about a week later and scheduled a 1/2 day on-site interview. The office building was nice. Everyone seemed fairly laid back and casual, as was the interviews (3 round, about 30 minutes each). The questions again were straightforward, no behavior questions even. Each interviewer also asked 3 brain teasers each.
    Received an offer about one week later.

Interview Questions

• IF you had 2 hourglasses, one timed exactly 7 minutes and the other 3 minutes, how can you use them to count exactly 6 minutes continuously?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Offer was non-negotiable minus decision/starting date

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Vienna, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

There were two rounds of the interview process (first on the phone or on campus, second in the main office). In both, various logic questions are asked along with some HR questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Logic question to test how would approach a problem and problem solving capabilities   Answer Question

Negotiation

The entry rate is non negotiable if you are entry level, but it is very easy to move up in MicroStrategy.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (McLean, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

got the interview from university recruit, it was in a 1v1 setting, questions were straightforward, and ended with a brain teaser. went over the job requirement and descriptions and your resume. afterwards I received a round 2 at their building, there were three separate 1v1 interviews, each with a lead. again its the same process as round 1. just harder brain teasers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons, VA).

Interview

1. Email from HR
    2. Call from HR
    3. Phone Screening (Technical)
    4. Face to face Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (McLean, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed at the university for the first round. They focused on my software experience, skills, and customer service experience, and ended with an analytical question. It took approximately 45 minutes.

For the second round, I was brought to the headquarters and had three interviews. One was an analytical/technical interview, one was a presentation on a project I gave, and one was an interview with HR. Overall, it was a positive interview experience

Interview Questions

• Q: What is a project that you have worked on in the past year?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

First, had a couple rounds of phone interviews which ask general behavioral questions then a brain teaser at the end of each interview. Then, they invited me for an on-site interview where you talk to some of the leads of the team with brainteaser as well as a project presentation.

Interview Questions

• If you had a 5 gallon container and a 3 gallon container how can you get exactly 4 gallons of water?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a friend, Recruiter email/ call for 30 mins, phone interview with a technical lead, onsite interview with 3 persons 45 min each and office tour. Phone interview and onsite interview are of same pattern - your resume, questions about the company and brain teaser questions

Interview Questions

• Phone interview :

1.You bought a cake for a friend’s birthday and there are 8 guests. How do you cut the cake into 8 pieces with 3 cuts.

2. You’ve got someone working for you for seven days and a gold bar( seven parts put together- blocks) to pay them. You must pay the worker for their work at the end of every day. If you are only allowed to make two breaks in the gold bar, how do you pay your worker? (Assuming equal amount of work is done during each day thus requiring equal amount of pay for each day)

3. There are 5 bottles of pills, one bottle has fake pills which weigh less than original pills. Original pills weigh 1mg each and fake pills weigh 0.9mg. You are given a weigh scale which is equipped to weigh the exact difference, you can use it only once and find the fake pills.

Onsite interview:

1. Below are a series of numbers, what is the series order

8, 5, 4, 9, 1, 7, 6, 10, 3, 2, 0

2. After the answer to the first question -Where do you place 11 into the series

3. 62-63=1 move one number anywhere to balance the equation

4. Below are few numbers, can you write the next line

1 1

2 1

1 2 1 1

1 1 1 2 2 1

Clues : Each line is dependent on the line above. Each line is a sentence.   2 Answers