MicroStrategy Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MicroStrategy Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons Corner, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

First, had a couple rounds of phone interviews which ask general behavioral questions then a brain teaser at the end of each interview. Then, they invited me for an on-site interview where you talk to some of the leads of the team with brainteaser as well as a project presentation.

Interview Questions

• If you had a 5 gallon container and a 3 gallon container how can you get exactly 4 gallons of water?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for MicroStrategy

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (McLean, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed at the university for the first round. They focused on my software experience, skills, and customer service experience, and ended with an analytical question. It took approximately 45 minutes.

For the second round, I was brought to the headquarters and had three interviews. One was an analytical/technical interview, one was a presentation on a project I gave, and one was an interview with HR. Overall, it was a positive interview experience

Interview Questions

• Q: What is a project that you have worked on in the past year?   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

The first step was an on campus interview at my school. I then went on side for a half day interview. I was there with two other people and they separated all of us into different rooms. I met with 3 different people individually. The questions werent overly technical, but I struggled on the database questions. Each person asked a brain teaser at the end and timed me. They asked me to write out and walk them through how i was coming up with my answers. It is meant to show how you solve problems. Some of them helped if they knew I was struggling.

Interview Questions

• I am a small shop owner and I have birds and cages, if I put one bird per cage I have one bird too many. If I put two birds per cage I have one cage too many. How many birds and cages do i have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons Corner, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a friend, Recruiter email/ call for 30 mins, phone interview with a technical lead, onsite interview with 3 persons 45 min each and office tour. Phone interview and onsite interview are of same pattern - your resume, questions about the company and brain teaser questions

Interview Questions

• Phone interview :

1.You bought a cake for a friend’s birthday and there are 8 guests. How do you cut the cake into 8 pieces with 3 cuts.

2. You’ve got someone working for you for seven days and a gold bar( seven parts put together- blocks) to pay them. You must pay the worker for their work at the end of every day. If you are only allowed to make two breaks in the gold bar, how do you pay your worker? (Assuming equal amount of work is done during each day thus requiring equal amount of pay for each day)

3. There are 5 bottles of pills, one bottle has fake pills which weigh less than original pills. Original pills weigh 1mg each and fake pills weigh 0.9mg. You are given a weigh scale which is equipped to weigh the exact difference, you can use it only once and find the fake pills.

Onsite interview:

1. Below are a series of numbers, what is the series order

8, 5, 4, 9, 1, 7, 6, 10, 3, 2, 0

2. After the answer to the first question -Where do you place 11 into the series

3. 62-63=1 move one number anywhere to balance the equation

4. Below are few numbers, can you write the next line

1 1

2 1

1 2 1 1

1 1 1 2 2 1

Clues : Each line is dependent on the line above. Each line is a sentence.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

1. HR Recruiter call
    2. Phone interview
    3. On-site interview

The interviewers were very helpful in answer questions that I had about the company and how the company has grown since they have joined. They asked me some technical questions at understand what my skill level was at. Some SQL and networking questions were asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons Corner, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

First interview on campus with Normal interview questions about resume, and then ended with two analytical questions. Then received invitation to on site interview for the following week. On site consisted of 3 separate 45 min interviews each ending with analytical questions. Culture seemed relaxed, and people were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Number sequences, patterns, and light bulb brain teaser   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons Corner, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

Phone interview followed by 3 person individual in person interviews. They paid for the trip up to Tysons and transportation plus meals. Overall a good experience. Applied through campus recruiting.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

Got an e-mail from their human resources department after applying for the position online and did a phone interview within two days.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think I have to give you an offer instead of other candidates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons Corner, VA) in January 2013.

Interview

3 interviews with different tech leads and tech support director. All of the interviews consist of a number of brain teasers. The questions are standard brain teasers. No questions about BI or MicroStrategy software.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons Corner, VA).

Interview

1. Email from HR
    2. Call from HR
    3. Phone Screening (Technical)
    4. Face to face Interview