MicroStrategy Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MicroStrategy Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at MicroStrategy

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First off, I applied for 3 positions, 2 stores. They each sent me email links to take an assessment. I clicked on one of the links - the full-time position down the street from me I prefered. I took both parts of the assessment and at the end it said "Thank you for completing your assessment so quickly - you rock!" Yup. Pretty sure it said I would receive an email shortly but I did not receive on. A few days went by and it alarmed me because I was expecting an automated email. Anywho, I got an email about 4 days after completing assessment, looked like it was maybe because I was in the jobs mailing list, that said You're invited to an Open House Information Session at the corporate building for all the metro. It was in a week or so and I had no idea if I received that email as a promotional email or because I passed assessment. Either way, I knew I needed to go and be prepared for an interview just in case. One of my regular customers at work had worked at AT&T recently and was still respected so I had him put in a good word for me. He seemed to really believe in me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MicroStrategy

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MicroStrategy in March 2014.

Interview

Phone screen interview. The interviewer didn't give too much introduction about the company. I was given a coding problem on the screen which has a interface that is very similar to Leetcode. Also the coding problem is from Leetcode I think. You need to finish coding within 20 mins. It is a little uncomfortable if you are not practiced on Leetcode.

Interview Questions

• The question I got is to re-construct the binary tree using pro-order and in-order retrieval sequences.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First an initial phone screen, then four face-to-face interviews. People are very nice there.

Interview Questions

• Small and large bin box design   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

First, phone screen, quite easy. Then, after several weeks, onsite. 4 interviewers, ask about java, C++, Objective-C, threads, synchronization, dead lock, design pattern, and a couple of algorithms.

Interview Questions

• Design how to recognize a gesture of drawing a cycle.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online, first go over resume by HR. Then technical phone screen,several algorithm problems. give out the solution to the problem. Then the second round. the same process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied through school website and interviewed on campus. Pretty easy interview and invited me onsite a couple of days later. The onsite consists of one 90-min exam and a couple of 45-min interviews from 9am to 3pm. Asked about some algorithm questions and some computer science basic knowledge, like the difference between TCP and UDP.

Interview Questions

• Asked me a DP problem. With interviewer's hint I came up with the solution   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MicroStrategy in February 2013.

Interview

Asked my previous working experience and then talked about UML, generating random number without invoking the method provided by system, finding out the middle node of a linked list, finding out same part in two strings and outputing them as string.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (McLean, VA) in August 2010.

Interview

Recruiter contacts you fairly quickly and they are normally very friendly. Good follow up process. The process consists of an initial phone screening where you have to do some coding and resolve basic algorithm/design questions. If you pass, you'll be brought to the HQ and will go through a software test (5 problems consisting of algorithms varying in difficulty). After that, you'll have 4-5 interviews (including a lunch one) of about 45 minutes each, where you'll be asked to code on a whiteboard. If you make it to the 5th interview, normally with a senior manager, you'll have good chances of receiving an offer. If you do very bad at your written test, you might be cut earlier.
    After this, you normally will hear back from the recruiter in about 2 weeks to see whether or not you got an offer. Based on your situation, a starting date would be set.
    Everyone is very friendly throughout the process and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Implement the basic structure of a chat server   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Washington, DC) in March 2012.

Interview

hr contacted to set up a phone interview. A female engineer called and asked basic resume questions and get to know my background. She is pretty decent in speaking although not a native speaker. Then proceeded to an onsite interview. Met three engineers. Two engineers asked easy brain teaser and testing questions. One engineer gave a very hard brain teaser.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

1: phone screen
    2: written test, like in school, write algorithm, pseudocode, solve math puzzle in paper.
    3: written test with a person, so explain your solution to a face to face interview
    4: show demo of your work to senior manager
    5: go to lunch with a manager and have informal conversation

Interview Questions

• interesting questions regarding algorithms and puzzle   2 Answers