MicroStrategy Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MicroStrategy Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons Corner, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

3 interviews on-site, each interview was about 20-30 minutes
1) Present a coding project, explain why you chose it, show how it works.
2) The tell me about yourself part
3) Technical questions (I had 3 questions)
Then they provided lunch for us

Interview Questions

• Gave different scenarios of when you would need to use different types of data structures, i.e. when would a HashTable be used and how to make sure then there is similar data, how could you have unique keys.   Answer Question
  • How to find a number in a sorted array?   1 Answer
  • Whats the difference between a regular class and an abstract class?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MicroStrategy

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons Corner, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very quick. Had to do an online assessment of like 5 different subjects (Business, design, verbal, programming, and one more I think). Each online assignment takes about 20-25mins to complete. Onsite was a very good experience as everyone was super nice and friendly.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy in January 2017.

Interview

Got a brief phone call from the HR after applying through online. The phone call was a very brief behavioral interview with a little tell-me-about-yourself type of questions. Overall, the interviewer was really nice. After that, I got a Hakerrank online coding test link that I had to finish within 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Describe one instance or project that you disagreed with your professor/supervisor and had to adjust.   Answer Question
    • Describe a project that you worked on from beginning to end   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons Corner, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied the role of SE online in February. I received phone interviews after a few days. Two rounds of phone interviews, then onsite at Tysons Corner, VA in March. Six rounds of onsite interview with two groups from different departments. I have to say that every interviewers are very very kind and nice! I received oral offer on the next day of onsite, and paper offer after three days. It takes no more than 1 month from when I applied online to get offer, the process is so good and recruiters reply very soon!

Interview Questions

• How to select the heavier one from 8 oranges using a balancer just twice?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons Corner, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

There were 4 stages of the interview, each with a different interviewer. First was a simple conversation about my experience where the interviewer then asked me to describe a product idea and explain why I would be a good fit for the company. Second was a math brain teaser. Third was another brain teaser, but this one geometrical rather than numeric. Last was the coding questions where I was asked to write the beginning of a Line class, then solve a problem printing nodes in order.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

1: phone screen
    2: written test, like in school, write algorithm, pseudocode, solve math puzzle in paper.
    3: written test with a person, so explain your solution to a face to face interview
    4: show demo of your work to senior manager
    5: go to lunch with a manager and have informal conversation

Interview Questions

• interesting questions regarding algorithms and puzzle   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

It begins with a campus interview or 1 round of phone interview, and then followed by on-site interview with 3~5 persons. There's a written test focusing on coding and algorithms before one on one interview. There could be a lunch interview, which is not formal and you can ask many questions about the company.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First off, I applied for 3 positions, 2 stores. They each sent me email links to take an assessment. I clicked on one of the links - the full-time position down the street from me I prefered. I took both parts of the assessment and at the end it said "Thank you for completing your assessment so quickly - you rock!" Yup. Pretty sure it said I would receive an email shortly but I did not receive on. A few days went by and it alarmed me because I was expecting an automated email. Anywho, I got an email about 4 days after completing assessment, looked like it was maybe because I was in the jobs mailing list, that said You're invited to an Open House Information Session at the corporate building for all the metro. It was in a week or so and I had no idea if I received that email as a promotional email or because I passed assessment. Either way, I knew I needed to go and be prepared for an interview just in case. One of my regular customers at work had worked at AT&T recently and was still respected so I had him put in a good word for me. He seemed to really believe in me.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MicroStrategy in March 2014.

Interview

Phone screen interview. The interviewer didn't give too much introduction about the company. I was given a coding problem on the screen which has a interface that is very similar to Leetcode. Also the coding problem is from Leetcode I think. You need to finish coding within 20 mins. It is a little uncomfortable if you are not practiced on Leetcode.

Interview Questions

• The question I got is to re-construct the binary tree using pro-order and in-order retrieval sequences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online, first go over resume by HR. Then technical phone screen,several algorithm problems. give out the solution to the problem. Then the second round. the same process.