MicroStrategy Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MicroStrategy Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2017

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

Phone interview 1, online test HackerRand, Phone interview 2.
The interviewer is nice and asked about your work experience, and some basic Java and Python questions. Totally speaking, this is a nice interview and I am waiting for the next round.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MicroStrategy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons Corner, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Initial contact was very quick, they scheduled me for a phone screen and I accepted. The phone call started fine, but after I mentioned my skills and the various projects I have worked on, the interviewer challenged my capabilities by belittling my achievements. "Look, I really want to show you to our technical team, but you haven't shown me that you know anything about programming. You have not shown me that you have technical skills." Bear in mind, I had brought up my experiences will C++, Java, Python, object oriented structures/methodologies, packet analysis, front-end and backend processes, RESTful APIs, various operating systems, etc... The caller pressed that although she was a recruiter, she had "a degree in computer science" and that "based on your (my) capabilities I do not see how you can claim to have the experiences you have had." I was appalled, but she said she would set me up with a programming exercise so the team could evaluate me further. I declined to continue.

Note to HR -- don't belittle your candidates and their capabilities. It does not set a good precedent. If you aren't getting the questions you want answered in the way you want them to, then rephrase them instead of accusing talented people that they "know nothing."

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you are a programmer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Falls Church, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

applied online. get a call from the recruiter and it is easy. talked about some details on my resume. Asked about RESTful API. Then asked about my research because my major is material science.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons Corner, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

3 interviews on-site, each interview was about 20-30 minutes
    1) Present a coding project, explain why you chose it, show how it works.
    2) The tell me about yourself part
    3) Technical questions (I had 3 questions)
    Then they provided lunch for us

Interview Questions

• Gave different scenarios of when you would need to use different types of data structures, i.e. when would a HashTable be used and how to make sure then there is similar data, how could you have unique keys.   Answer Question
    • How to find a number in a sorted array?   1 Answer
    • Whats the difference between a regular class and an abstract class?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons Corner, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very quick. Had to do an online assessment of like 5 different subjects (Business, design, verbal, programming, and one more I think). Each online assignment takes about 20-25mins to complete. Onsite was a very good experience as everyone was super nice and friendly.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy in January 2017.

Interview

Got a brief phone call from the HR after applying through online. The phone call was a very brief behavioral interview with a little tell-me-about-yourself type of questions. Overall, the interviewer was really nice. After that, I got a Hakerrank online coding test link that I had to finish within 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Describe one instance or project that you disagreed with your professor/supervisor and had to adjust.   Answer Question
    • Describe a project that you worked on from beginning to end   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons Corner, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied the role of SE online in February. I received phone interviews after a few days. Two rounds of phone interviews, then onsite at Tysons Corner, VA in March. Six rounds of onsite interview with two groups from different departments. I have to say that every interviewers are very very kind and nice! I received oral offer on the next day of onsite, and paper offer after three days. It takes no more than 1 month from when I applied online to get offer, the process is so good and recruiters reply very soon!

Interview Questions

• How to select the heavier one from 8 oranges using a balancer just twice?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons Corner, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

There were 4 stages of the interview, each with a different interviewer. First was a simple conversation about my experience where the interviewer then asked me to describe a product idea and explain why I would be a good fit for the company. Second was a math brain teaser. Third was another brain teaser, but this one geometrical rather than numeric. Last was the coding questions where I was asked to write the beginning of a Line class, then solve a problem printing nodes in order.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

1: phone screen
    2: written test, like in school, write algorithm, pseudocode, solve math puzzle in paper.
    3: written test with a person, so explain your solution to a face to face interview
    4: show demo of your work to senior manager
    5: go to lunch with a manager and have informal conversation

Interview Questions

• interesting questions regarding algorithms and puzzle   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

It begins with a campus interview or 1 round of phone interview, and then followed by on-site interview with 3~5 persons. There's a written test focusing on coding and algorithms before one on one interview. There could be a lunch interview, which is not formal and you can ask many questions about the company.