NVIDIA Architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NVIDIA Architect Interview Questions

Interviews at NVIDIA

3.6

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Hillsboro, OR) in July 2009.

Interview

The first communication was a phone call from an HR representative. This was followed by a 1-hour phone interview. The questions asked during the phone interview where very basic computer architecture questions followed by a simple brain teaser. After this, an on-site visitation was arranged where I had eight 1-hour 1:1 interview with the different member of my new team. The questions varied, but mostly I repeated the quick presentation of my graduate research and answered questions related to that. Most of the people where very interested in the answers.

Interview Questions

• Four people, (A, B, C, and D) need to get across a river, and there is only one boat. The boat can only hold two people at a time and will only go as fast as the slowest person in the boat. If it takes A one minute to cross, B two minutes, C five minutes, and D seven minutes, what is the shortest time for all 4 people to cross the river?   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Did 2 phone interviews with people from different sites. Followed onsite interview with 7 1:1 sessions: 6 Engineers and 1 HR. I asked for a quick reply as I had other offers that requested reply. They did reply the Monday after the Thursday interview and I had the written offer in 1 week. Pretty impressive!
    The phone interviews were very technical and harder than interviews I had with other companies. The onsite interviews were OK, not too hard and not too easy. I was very happy to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Debugging related questions. E.g. how would you use a debugger to find location of bug?   2 Answers
    • Architecture related questions: Cache, MMU etc   2 Answers

Negotiation

Still considering the offer and comparing it with other offers I have. Will need to decide soon!

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

A series of five interviews (30-40 minutes each) conducted by senior and very smart people. Very technical interview evaluating ones ability to solve practical design problems, programming puzzles, and testing knowledge in graphics.
    in addition, there were two non-technical interviews: one with a HR person and one with a peer employee over lunch.

Interview Questions

• Designing a multiply-add circuit with fixed precision and questions about precision given the order and original precision of input operands.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no margin for negotiation.

Architect Interview

Interview

I got a phone interview. It went over for about one hour. First introduce yourself, then directly go to technical questions. Mainly about memory, cache related.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with the problem that you frequently access the memory's two pages, suppose there is no cache.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I applied online and around 3 weeks later i got an email to setup a phone interview. The phone interview was basically a background check with very few technical questions based on your previous experience.

Architect Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVIDIA in September 2013.

Interview

General screening phone interview, asking about projects

Interview Questions

• None -- when explaining projects focus on the aspects that shows your knowledge in the area   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

many difficult micro-architecture questions

Interview Questions

• cache scheme, cache protocol, ways to choose thread, ECC   1 Answer

Architect Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NVIDIA in March 2013.

Interview

I had an interview in my university. Then 3 phone interviews. During the one on campus I was asked to describe branch prediction and some architecture related questions. Then I had 3 phone interviews. Most questions were not too difficult, but require very specific experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to design the instruction fetching stage of a processor simulator.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

One phone interview. Easy questions on data structures, C++. Questions on my projects.

Interview Questions

• algorithm to find route to a ball for a robot in a maze.   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

after two midnight phone interviews i was flown in several days in advance to allow me to kick the jet lag.

i then spent 8 hours being asked hard, technical questions by 9 different people, i think.

a couple of the questions required epiphanies which i happened to have - so i was happy - but in general, i don't think those make very good interview questions. many fine interviewees are nervous and in no state to have epiphanies. conversely, you could have a middling interviewee who has heard the question before.

the final interviewer presented me with an offer. very impressive turnaround.

Interview Questions

• if you could do one thing to improve a GPU, what would it be?   Answer Question