Paychex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex (Albuquerque, NM) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fast, clear, and communicative. Stephen Martinez was amazing! He kept me informed of each step and the expectations of each, and was very accessible when I had questions. It was an 8 day process from applying to job offer (which is phenomenally quick!).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake: what it was, how you fixed it, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Paychex Response

Jun 4, 2018 – Employment Brand Program Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience! We agree that Steven is pretty great. Welcome to the team!

Interview

Phone Interview with HR
    In Person Interview with Direct District Sales Manager and if that goes well,
    In Person Interview with the Zone Manager who will give recommendation to DSM.
    Ride Day with Rep

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?
      How do you handle rejection?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

the interview was not hard at all , sat in room with supervisor and manager and answered a few question called back within 2 days with a offer! very easy process to me

Sales Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paychex (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2018.

Interview

I had a 10 minute interview with a recruiter. I ended the interview because she was extremely unprofessional and openly hostile from the time we said hello. She was working from home and completely unprepared for our conversation. She kept asking me to explain a gap in my employment when I've never had any gaps. Typically, when speaking with a recruiter, they really take the time to get to know you and your competencies. With her, it was just very impersonal and rude from the get go.

B2B Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Toledo, OH) in May 2018.

Interview

Phone interview then face to face. Very laid back and easy. Conversational haven't heard back from them yet. Seems like a good place to work. Competitive pay and benefits. Might have to go back for a panel interview.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex (Piscataway, NJ) in May 2018.

Interview

I first had a phone interview followed by a online assessment and two 1:1 interviews with Sales Managers. On the third week I went on a ride along with a Sales Representative for half a day and then met with the Regional Manager.

Client Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2018.

Interview

The day after applying for this position, I received an email with an assessment. This assessment included critical thinking/problem solving questions. Soon after completing the assessment I received another email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled for the next day. It was 30 minutes discussing myself, why I'm interested in this position and company and more information about the position. She was very transparent about the difficulties of this position, as well as the questions that would be asked in my next interview. My first in person interview was scheduled for the following week. I interviewed with two supervisors. I was asked all behavioral questions: "tell me about a time when..". I shadowed a person in this position. Afterwords, they asked me if I was still interested and when I said yes they informed me that I would be moving on to another interview with their executive. The final interview was scheduled a week later. I was asked to talk about everything on my resume and was asked more behavioral questions. Everyone that I spoke to was very kind and transparent.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you chose to go against a company policy.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you forgot to do something.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Albany, NY).

Interview

Received a email from a recruiter who was extremely helpful. Did phone interview with her and everything went well. Took assessment after phone interview and was asked to come in to interview with the hiring managers. Two manager were very friendly, I was early and they were about 10 minutes late. I thought the interview went well and one of the manager told me to reach out to them in two days. I called and emailed but the manager kept holding me off. After about a week I got a hold of the manager where he told me that they are fully staffed along with people on the bench. He gave me a list of two companies to apply to. I thought I was well qualified for the position.

Interview Questions

• Star style questions. One person listening the other taking notes   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Phone interview - asked for my past job and skills and others. They ask how do i see myself in 5 years and if i am okay to go overtime and go to work in saturdays at least once a monthz

Customer Service/Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex (Denver, CO) in April 2018.

Interview

I completed the application online, the next day received an email from a recruiter & was sent an online assessment. I completed the assessment that day & received a phone in interview invite for the following day. After a couple days, I was invited to interview the following week. The interview lasted 2 hours. I first met with a couple of supervisors who described the job details & asked a few behavior based questions. Then, I was placed with a mentor for about 30 minutes where I was given a chance to ask her questions & lastly there was a second interview with the regional manager & another manager. They also asked behavior based questions. About 30 minutes after I left, I received a call from the recruiter who offered me the job. I started the next week.

Customer Service, Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Paychex (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied, two days later a questionnaire came in and answered, the following day an interview was scheduled. I personally thought I did well with the interview given that I had been with Paychex before but my experience didn't speak volumes.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation in your prior employments where you had to deal with a difficult coworker or customer?   Answer Question