Paychex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex (Albuquerque, NM) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fast, clear, and communicative. Stephen Martinez was amazing! He kept me informed of each step and the expectations of each, and was very accessible when I had questions. It was an 8 day process from applying to job offer (which is phenomenally quick!).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake: what it was, how you fixed it, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Paychex Response

Jun 4, 2018 – Employment Brand Program Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience! We agree that Steven is pretty great. Welcome to the team!

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paychex (Louisville, KY) in August 2017.

Interview

The recruiter was professional that set up the interview. Very poor management that interviewed me. This office had tremendous high turnover and I can see why. I also thought that a particular manager made negative comments about the company. This was my cue not to accept the position.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Interview

Initial I was contacted by a recruiter via email. He asked what day and time we could speak. I emailed back and didn't hear from him. I emailed again 3 weeks later. He followed up a few days later requesting a phone interview. After our phone interview he asked me to take an online assessment to determine if I move forward. I had 48 hours to do it. He responded the next day that I scored well and the hiring manager wanted to meet me the next day. I met with her and was well prepared. I told her how I had gone through 4 rounds of intervies 8 years ago but didn't get the position. She seemed put off by that and the fact that I could not remember the names of a couple of the people that I had met with. She told me that despite what the recruiter told me they did not have any openings. I sent thank you emails later that day and the recruiter called me the following day to tell me they are not interested in me going forward.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Started with a normal recruiter, then had a phone interview with district sales manager, then a face to face interview with him, then another phone interview with a 2nd district sales manager, then a ride along with a current outside sales rep, then an interview with the head of state manager. The whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• what could the outside sales rep that you shadowed for the day with done better or different?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paychex (Nashville, TN) in February 2010.

Interview

Recrutier called and prescreened, she as very nice to deal with. She called back about 10 mins later to set up another phone interview with DM. Phone interview with DM was BRUTAL. She was rude and basically trying to weed me out from the get go.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you can handle this type of schedule? She quoted 60 hrs /week +   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paychex (Santa Ana, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

A lot of topgrading questions and discussion of previous jobs and schooling.

Interview Questions

• How would your previous boss describe your weaknesses and how would you improve them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paychex (Louisville, KY) in March 2011.

Interview

Human resources was helpful and fair in the screening process, however failed to follow up with an email in regards to the status of the interview process. Very unclear with the hiring manager as to the outcome of the interview although was indicated in the interview that he/she would follow up with me within a weeks time. I don't expect to hear back from the company based upon the attitude of the interviewing manager. I wouldn't recommend interviewing with this firm unless you have one half of a day to waste, although the company is very large and sustained it seems to be very corporate and mis managed.

Interview Questions

• What fraternity were you in ?   1 Answer
    • What sports did you play?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex in February 2018.

Interview

First started with a phone interview. After that I went in for a in person interview. I then had another phone interview and shadowed a rep in the field for half a day. After this was completed I got the job. Overall it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have prior sales experience?   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Put an application in, was contacted shortly afterwards by a recruiter. Scheduled a phone screening, everything went great. Had a mix up about location preferences, so compromised and went to an interview in a location a few hours away and kept an open mind. Once I arrived, they didn’t have any seating, and they were in the middle of a business deal, so I had to stand and wait to be interviewed. Once I got in, I was interviewed by two people, definitely a good cop/bad cop routine with very pressing and interrogative interview techniques. I felt like I could’ve been a great opportunity, but it didn’t work out.

Interview Questions

• Why sales?   Answer Question
    • We sell products that aren’t ‘sexy’ what makes you think that you could sell these products better than the next guy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paychex (Miramar, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I had an interview with 3 District Managers for an Outside Sales Representative position. No one showed up for 30 minutes. The girl at the front desk was very unprofessional, stuffing her face while answer phones and etc. Later I was told that all 3 managers needed to be at a meeting and someone was to inform me. Very unprofessional and very unorganized.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex in November 2014.

Interview

Started off with a recruiter contacting me on LinkedIn. The first step after that was a phone interview which lasted about 15 minutes. After that I was asked to take a skills assessment. A few days later I was contacted again by the recruiter who set up an interview for me with their District Sales Manager. They were very flexible with the interview and the manager was able to meet me near my current employer's office. A few days have passed and I am currently still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Role play with me how you currently try to sell you company's services.   Answer Question