Paychex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex (Albuquerque, NM) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fast, clear, and communicative. Stephen Martinez was amazing! He kept me informed of each step and the expectations of each, and was very accessible when I had questions. It was an 8 day process from applying to job offer (which is phenomenally quick!).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake: what it was, how you fixed it, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in High Point, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex (High Point, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

I received a call from a wonderful recruiter who helped me through every step of the process. I completed an online interview screening, an online assessment, two in-person interviews, as well as a day where I completed a ride along with a current sales rep to ensure that I was familiar with the job expectations and ready for the challenge. The final interview included a "value prop" presentation where I had to research and put together a product presentation for a client. The managers challenged and encouraged me to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Explain your work ethic through high school, college, and grad school. How does this show who you are as an individual, and how will this carry over into your drive as a sales rep?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview w/ territory manager & top selling rep, phone interview, 8 hour ride along, phone interview, online assessment test, in person interview with territory manager and regional manager

Payroll Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Applied for the position; completed an assessment; contacted 2 weeks later for a video interview; contacted one month later for a face to face interview; I had to reach back out to the company after being told I would be contacted; had second face to face interview with manager- job shadowed; offered the position the same day.

Middle Management Interview

Interview

the interview process was the typical process you google about. do your research and smile and you will be fine. as long as you have common sense consider yourself hired

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I went through a phone interview. An in person interview, and another phone interview. The phone interview was basic get to know. The in person was behavioral, and the last phone interview was behavioral as well. I spoke to the hiring manager, and was informed he would get back to me; as I was his top pick; and he never called back.

Dedicated Service Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paychex (Allentown, PA).

Interview

I applied online and received an email the same day. I took the online assessment, then I got an email the same day again for a video interview. I was nervous so I did it late that day. I received another email from HR to set up a phone interview which I also did same day. She asked a couple questions about why I'm leaving my old job, what salary I'm looking for etc. Very nice talk, which she then said I will receive a call for an in person interview. One day later I was called and I set the interview for the next day. I spoke with 3 people. 2 supervisors, one in person and the other was virtual. Then they had me speak with the manager. I really felt like they cared about their employees and spoke wonders about the benefits. They made me feel like I was interviewing them and they sold me! By the end of the interview I was hoping to get the job! I got a call 2 days later that I got the job! Great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were under extreme stress, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paychex (Marlton, NJ).

Interview

I was in constant contact with the recruiter, they were quick to answer the phone and always called me and e-mailed me immediately. They were also prompt on LinkedIn messaging. After taking and passing the video and online tests, I drove over 2 hours for a 30 minute interview. I was told to wear a full suit and tie - nobody wears ties anymore unless its a wedding or funeral - but I uncomfortably did it anyway. After observing how "things are done" in the office and what is expected, I can see they are taking their sales tips and tactics straight from the film "Boiler Room". I was expecting Vin Diesel to come out and tell me to "Get out of here!" at any moment, which I gladly would have. It appears to be a cutthroat outfit with money being the only motivator regardless of ethics. I still followed up with e-mails and phone calls within 12 hours. After that, everyone became non-existent. The once "at the ready" recruiter stopped responding to all forms of communication and the interviewer never responded to emails or calls - even though he told me I would be moving to the next round and promised a follow-up call the following Monday. One of the most unprofessional "professional" companies to have ever interviewed with. Steer clear.

Interview Questions

• Asked 3 times - What do you look for when you interview people?   Answer Question

HR Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

3 steps
    1 virtual recording, 1 in person with mgr, 1 facetime with another mgr
    Standard run of the mill questions
    Focus is on work ethic versus past jobs
    Scheduling is through admin asst.

IT Operations Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex (Rochester, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 managers, 1 technical question about UNIX which was easy. Just generic questions about work experience and personality. Would of liked feedback, I thought that I did good. Did not like the generic decline email

Interview Questions

• How do you remove a file in unix   1 Answer