KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Paychex Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 815 of over 815 interviews

Recruiter23%
Employee Referral18%
HardAverageEasy

Paychex

Application

I interviewed at Paychex

Interview

Not the worst but wouldn’t recommend this job to individuals looking to move quickly. Basic grunt work. Interview was very intense for job requirements, and a lot is expected with not much given. Also pay is below minimum

Interview Questions
  • Why did you leave your previous job
    Answer Question

Paychex

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex

Interview

there were 3 rounds, and the interview process was very smooth and the manager and the HR was quite supportive and good. Basic background check, background verification , technical interiew.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

Technical Account Manager

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Paychex

Application

I interviewed at Paychex

Interview

3 interviews - got the job. Recruiter, who was super supportive and helpful. Manager, friendly questions. Getting to know one another. District Manager, went into my work history, my why and asked for a sales pitch.

Interview Questions
  • basic get to know you questions your why sales pitch friendly banter

Paychex

Application

I interviewed at Paychex

Interview

Set up a time for an interview with the hiring manager, after an initial recruiter interview. Set time aside for the interview, only for it to be cancelled later that day by sending a generic rejection email. Unprofessional due to the miscommunication and not being willing to professionally tell me, but instead sent me a generic rejection email. Appear to not care for applicants, whether they hire them or not.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Paychex

Application

I interviewed at Paychex

Interview

Great process with the manager. They asked a lot about me and what I did before then I got offered the job soon after. I liked the company culture of everyone around me

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Paychex

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex in Jun 2022

Interview

I had a phone interview with outside recruiters and let them know my salary requirements. I then had a video interview with the manager of the department that went well. After, I felt the role was not a little too technical so I emailed the recruiters that I didn't want to move forward in the process. They called a few days later asking if I would reconsider. I agreed and was moved forward to the third interview with another manager (that was scheduled incorrectly but we made it work). I was then scheduled for a 4th interview where I needed to make a presentation to three other leaders. After a lot of preparation, successful interviews, and a 3+ week process, I was not given an offer because "they could not get passed my salary requirements." I understand this as an issue but this was discussed after the first phone interview and then understood when they asked me to continue with the process. The entire time the recruiters were coaching me and cheering me on while making it clear I could expect a job offer. I do think this could have been from working with new recruiters but overall a disappointing and discouraging experience for a candidate.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Paychex

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paychex in Jun 2022

Interview

Interviewed with Michael Spaulding. He was great to chat with and the interview went fine. I had been honest with the recruiter that I had been out of the workforce for 3 years and that this was my first interview in 4 years! I know I wasn’t my usual stellar self in the interview but honestly didn’t do so badly that Michael couldn’t be bothered to respond. Absolutely awful experience taking a step back towards the workforce. If you’ve been out of the working world for a while, or especially a mom returning back, I’d highly recommend avoiding Paychex. I’d rather go back to ADP or better yet, Ceridian. In fact Michael shared during the interview that his wife just went back to work after a decade of being a stay at home mom. Clearly her manager allowed much more grace as she transitioned back!

Interview Questions
  • Usual interview questions including background with ADP software use.

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Farmington, UT) in Jun 2022

Interview

The interview was normal, enjoyed my interview time, it wasn't hard, however, it wasn't easy. The STAR method was used, which I hate, but the young lady that interviewed me was pretty awesome and I think she picked up on how nervous I was.

Interview Questions
  • How do you deal with difficult customers? Tell me a time when you over and beyond for a customer/employee?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Angier, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paychex (Angier, NC)

Interview

I had an initial convo with a senior leader, then I interviewed with a the hiring manager, group of peers, then the senior director. Questions were straight forward and not difficult. Everyone was pleasant and the process moved fast.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I interviewed at Paychex (London, England)

Interview

I had a phone call, and then a zoom call. It was a little disorganized since the recruiter was late by a few minutes. The women were very friendly. I answered in STAR method.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 815 Interviews