Paychex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex (Albuquerque, NM) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fast, clear, and communicative. Stephen Martinez was amazing! He kept me informed of each step and the expectations of each, and was very accessible when I had questions. It was an 8 day process from applying to job offer (which is phenomenally quick!).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake: what it was, how you fixed it, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Customer Service/Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex (Denver, CO) in April 2018.

Interview

I completed the application online, the next day received an email from a recruiter & was sent an online assessment. I completed the assessment that day & received a phone in interview invite for the following day. After a couple days, I was invited to interview the following week. The interview lasted 2 hours. I first met with a couple of supervisors who described the job details & asked a few behavior based questions. Then, I was placed with a mentor for about 30 minutes where I was given a chance to ask her questions & lastly there was a second interview with the regional manager & another manager. They also asked behavior based questions. About 30 minutes after I left, I received a call from the recruiter who offered me the job. I started the next week.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

STAR Method, behavioral questions, behavioral interview style, situational interview questions. The situation, task, action, result (STAR) format is a job interview technique used by interviewers to gather all the relevant information about a specific capability that the job requires.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you worked effectively under pressure.   1 Answer

District Manager- SBS Outside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Chicago, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

Quick Seamless interview process. Phone screen, Formal interview.
    Personalities gave impression there would be continuity with company culture. Hiring manager shared openly what the needs of the role would entail. Overall good experience during process. Post-interview, told would be moving on to panel interview...subsequently no contact, nor follow-up until I contacted them. Then was told via email wanted to go in different direction. Very dissapointing!

Interview Questions

• What is the process you use to identify skill deficiencies in people who report to you?   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Interview

Good experience. First Round was online on phone. Second round is on the Skype. Talked about some background and previous experience. There is no algorithm questions. Didn't get an offer.

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY).

Interview

1st step is going through the corporate recruiter. Since I had plenty of experience she stated that the "salary was wide open & any offer will be reviewed". False! I requested the same salary I currently made and she said it was in the range. 2nd step was a video conference interview. We went through the normal questions "describe a mistake you made and how it was corrected" "What are your strength and weakness" normal questions. After an hour we discuss pay. My request was way way way out of the range for this position. Maybe the recruiter should have said something so no one time was wasted. Of course I was not offered the position but I would have turned it down anyway. Departments need to work together to filter the right candidates and not waste anyone's time.

National Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex (Rochester, NY).

Interview

You start with a phone screen. Once you pass that they decide to bring you in for an interview with 3-5 manager who ask you questions to see if you are a fit for their team.

Virtual Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paychex (Rochester, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by email verifying my application 2 hrs after sending it in. The phone interview was 30 min long and the recruiter was extremely nice and an excellent representation of how the next two interviews would go. The recruiter explained that the phone interview went well and we scheduled an in person interview for a week out. The first interview with one DSM was long (80 min) but it was very positive and informative. I received a phone call 20 min after leaving and was asked to come back for a final interview. The second interview was with two different DSMs. Different questions were asked but the experience was again, very positive and informative. They offered me the position on the spot and I accepted. Training started 1 week later.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

It was pleasant. The recruiter was extremely nice and easy to talk to. They were understanding about my schedule because I am already employed and the person I met for an in person interview was also super nice!
    I chose not to move past the first interview because I had offers coming in that I found more compelling.

Interview Questions

• It was all standard stuff about me, my work history and work style   Answer Question

Paychex Response

Feb 26, 2018 – Employment Brand Program Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review our interview process! Your feedback is appreciated.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Rochester, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online through their corporate website and heard back the next day to do an assessment online. It took 20 mins to complete, questions involved basic math skills and common sense skills. After about a week received an email from Steve requesting a video interview. This needed to be done in the next 48 hours. I did it as soon as I received the email. They give you practice runs to help prepare you for the real one. Which was a tremendous help! After about an hour of practice I started my video interview. You have 3 mins to fully answer the question/s. After submitting my interview I heard back about a day later asking to schedule a phone interview.
    The next day I had a 20-30 min interview talking about my work background. About 2 days later I received an email requesting an in person interview with 2 senior managers sometimes 3 depends on the time they have available. I was lucky to have all three one on ones in one day.. I had my interviews and they were great! Very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. They asked a lot of situational questions that I’ve experienced previously. (Tell me a time when...) after the last interview they said I would hear from someone by the end of the week. Around 5pm I got a call back asking how my experience went that morning and how I thought the interview lasted went, and if I had any additional questions. Then I was offered the position! It was such a truly awesome experience to go through. Not like most interviews where you feel nervous and anxious, it was calm, and I felt so comfortable.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex in January 2018.

Interview

6 interviews, They pull your leg a lot for these interviews, asked so many STAR type questions it begins to get annoying. Zone managers are extremely rude so be ready for that.

Interview Questions

Paychex Response

Feb 26, 2018 – Employment Brand Program Manager

Thank you for your feedback on our interview process. We appreciate your honest feedback as it will help us improve our process for other candidates.