Paychex Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 743 of over 743 interviews

Employee Referral18%
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Paychex

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex

Interview

Applied online and then received an email to schedule a phone screen. Phone screen with HR lasted about 30 minutes. Very professional and conversational about my background. Scheduled the following week for a panel interview with 2 managers via WebEx. The interviewers first told me more about the position before asking me questions. The questions they asked were situational (STAR method) and were about how I handled situations in my former roles. The interviewers were very engaging and interested in my responses. The next day, HR called and extended a job offer. Starting from the initial contact with HR, the entire process was very professional. Everyone I spoke with was very kind and seemed genuinely interested in hearing about my experience. I was kept informed about the process and what to expect, the entire time. It was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your background
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I interviewed at Paychex (London, England, England)

Interview

Initially I was sent an email allowing me to choose a time to phone screen. After the phone screen I was interviewed by the hiring manager. After the 2nd interview I head absolutely nothing. I followed up and still nothing. It speaks to the professionalism of the department.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Paychex

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex

Interview

Very generic interview process. 2 phone interviews. First one is with the manager and the second is with the director of Customer Success. I had to do a field ride with a current rep but that is not always the case.

Interview Questions
  • Why customer success? Tell me about a time that you helped a customer that lead to an upsell?

Paychex

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex

Interview

Everyone throughout the process was welcoming and easy to talk to, however, it was lengthy and dragged out without clear answers or discussing pay. My advice is to push for a solid answer on next steps and compensation.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Paychex

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex

Interview

It was a phone interview followed by an in-person interview in their offices. The interview was followed by a follow-up call a few days later where I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
  • Several behavioral interview questions, such as "Tell me of a time you improved a process and what were the outcomes"

Paychex

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex

Interview

Was a bit of a long interview process. Started off with initial HR interview, at which time I was explained that there wasn't an immediate opening, but an opening was expected to be available in the upcoming months. Second interview was with the District Manager. Third interview was with two District Managers. Fourth round was a Virtual Field Ride with an existing rep. From there, I was set up with a final interview with zone manager, at which point during the interview, I was told that they were going to hire me, but were waiting for an opening to become available. About 4 weeks after the interview with the zone manager, I received a formal offer with an official start date. Communication was clear throughout and all interviews were conducted on time via video conferences.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Tell me about yourself? Q: What are your strengths/weaknesses?

Paychex

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex in May 2021

Interview

It was an relatively easy interview with managers from 2 different 401k departments. Asked alot of "tell me about a situation" type questions. At the end of the interview, one of the managers jokingly asked which position I wanted (I had applied to multiple positions.) When a hiring manager says something like this in an interview, it's understandable to assume a job offer is forthcoming, right? Wrong. Not only was I not offered the position, but when I inquired about the other positions I had applied to, I received no further response. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you made a recommendation to improve your department

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex (Buffalo, NY) in May 2021

Interview

First interview was a phone interview with HR over the phone. Basic questions about resume and where previously worked. She informed of position applying for. Next interview was via video, with two district managers. I didn't think it was difficult. Both were very nice.

Interview Questions
  • Basic situational questions; tell me about a time...

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Paychex (Sandy, UT) in May 2021

Interview

The process of interviewing was a professional and timely process with both interviews with management and the regional recruiter. They were all prompt with meetings and genuinely showed interest in the interviews and getting to the next step.

Interview Questions
  • What are you looking to accomplish in your next role in your career.

Paychex

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex in May 2021

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn, I got an email from the recuirter. We chatted on the phone two days after. Everything went well, she said she will forward her notes and my resume to the hiring manager and then radio silence. I followed up but never heard back, not even with a rejection or thanks but no thanks email. Very unprofessional. Please stop ghosting candidates. We invest time and effort in our applications and in our interviews and the least you can do is get back to us so you don't waste our time. Show some respect.

Interview Questions
  • Questions related to the position and how my experience fits with the job requirements.

Paychex

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paychex

Interview

The interview process was very lengthy. It consisted of five (5) interviews. One with a recruiter, the next with corporate HR, then local HR, then the hiring manager, and finally a panel interview. The interview process was stressful in my opinion and took several months. For my interview with the hiring manager, she was actually an hour late to the interview because she took a late lunch, which is understandable; but this was never communicated to me.

Interview Questions
  • What are your salary expectations and why do you feel you deserve that?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 743 Interviews