Rogers Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I got the interview after attending an Open House event for Digital Jobs that were all open at Rogers. I made a couple of connections and contacts and kept in touch with a manager who was recruiting for a new team.
    The process was as follows:
    -Phone Interview
    -Two In-person Interviews

Interview Questions

• -Tell us about yourself
      -How would you improve the website, what do you like about it,
      -Tell us about a time when you had to work with a colleague who wasn't very cooperative
      -Lots of behavioral questions   Answer Question

Rogers Communications Response

Sep 12, 2017 – Human Resources

Thanks for attending one of our Open House events! We're glad that you were able to make meaningful connections and found the interview process positive. Welcome to the team!

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview

First I filled out my job history and education online. I was taken from there to a questionairre which I filled out. The next day a recruiter called me and asked me a few questions, then I was interviewed in person where they asked pretty much the same questions. I did a test where they tested my typing speed and ability to use the internet to research.

Interview Questions

• If you had to go to a concert and couldn't change out your shift, what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a set pay

Interview

A clean presentation and application of an innovative approach to further dominate the corporate cellular communications consumer stronghold by reaching a "niche" market of new economic clientele as to offer more flexible option to one year term and monthly device management lease costs. Affordable to the young population and wireless devices that are the latest in technological advances and quality name brands as I Phone commanding high retail commitment and 2 year commitments.

Interview Questions

• How do you as a corporate leadership in business development see the new age of social app and network marketing shrinking an already demanding and competitive placement in a completely commanding e commerce and e finance.   1 Answer
    • Can you foster an open approach to adopt a more flexible term contract guideline to ensure an even more widely diverse clientele within a much tighter economy and limited monthly income.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secret Town, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Secret Town, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Stupid standard HR questions like What are your weaknesses/strength?
    Why Should We Hire You Over the Other Applicants? It's a stupid question because you will not meet the other applicants for the job, and have no way to compare yourself to them, dah!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

very simple question, why do you choose our company, what's your previous achievement, some simple situation questions, hr is very professional and patient, a smooth process, take it easy,

Interview Questions

• describe a situation you interacted with upset customers   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview

Conduct a thorough job analysis.
    Write a job description and job specification for the position based on the job analysis.
    Determine the salary for the position, based on internal and external equity.
    Decide where and how to find qualified applicants.
    Collect and review applications and resumes, and then select the most qualified candidates for further consideration.
    Interview the most qualified candidates for the position.
    Check references.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview

Applied for the job, received an over the phone interview. Interview ended quick however as soon as she figured out that I didn't have the appropriate times to work at the specified location.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It was a good interview - very laid back but you have to come in very prepared and make sure you are aware of some of their products because if you are selling them you have to know about them.

Interview Questions

• If you have never sold phones before, what makes you think you are good for this job?
      Sell your phone to me
      What do you bring to the table?
      Where did you go to school?
      Why did you apply to Rogers?

They were nice people, but you have to go in prepared.   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rogers Communications in September 2017.

Interview

After applying was sent a bunch of online tests. The first one was essentially a phone call simulation using different screens. The other tests were behavioural and IQ kind of questions.

I was then asked for a phone interview the next day. The phone interviewer goes over your resume and the job posting in further detail. Then proceeds to ask more behavioural/ scenario questions. Some of the questions threw me off like "Describe a time where you handled a difficult situation with "Enthusiasm/Optimism"? However, the interviewer was really understanding thankfully which really boosted my overall experience.

Was offered an in-person interview, however, I had to decline as they wanted to start the next week. I have an obligation to my other job and would like to give them a proper notice of leave.

Interview Questions

• Why work for Rogers?   Answer Question
    • You get a call and the customer complains that they have been on standby/hold for over 30 minutes. They have a router and are unsure if they have the correct parts for it. What would you do?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview

It has changed from when I first applied, back then it was application onsite and was then called in for an interview and offered a job once references checked. Now it is online profiles, tests, and a phone interview before getting a in person interview. In most cases you will have to do 2 to 3 in person interviews before you are given an offer. The offer in most cases is discussed prior to a written one being issued, because they don't want to have a written offer declined. Company tend to offer bare minimum, not necessarily fair market, and will up-sell its benefits and growth opportunities as compensation for lower wages.

Interview Questions

• The majority of the questions are based on your experience stated in your resume, they are looking for conflict resolution skills, and ownership.   1 Answer

Bilingual RFP Operational Response Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Very professional. Standard HR interview + 2nd interview over skype with hiring manager based on Toronto.
    Even if I have not been selected, hiring manger personally let me know why by email. I also had a chance to get feedback on my interview. That was very valuable and beneficial feedback

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me what is the triple constraints?   1 Answer