Safeway Baker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Safeway Baker Interview Questions

1.6

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Factoria, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway (Factoria, WA).

Interview

Short phone conversation lead to interview at location. You meet with the store manager and are asked basic questions about yourself. I then went to meet the bakery manager and other bakery staff and given an overview of what my job would entail. It was quite relaxed and I was overdressed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Safeway

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway (Roseville, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Simple, easy, honestly.. it was the easiest interview process Ive ever been through. I applied online, which took about 30 minutes or so, maybe that was my issue and other users might find it a quicker process. The next day the manager called, twice actually. On the second voicemail, 10 minutes apart, she set up my interview and said to call if I could not make it. I called anyhow to confirm, and to find out the location which she failed to disclose. I showed up, she asked a few questions and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• What is one negative thing your last boss might say about you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was called in for an interview about 3 days after I applied for a job online. They asked me to read the job description and then asked if I felt there was anything on it I could not do. They also asked about my previous employment and customer service related questions. Then they gave me a drug test.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why do you want to work for Safeway? 2) Name a time you had to deal with a difficult co-woker? 3) Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? 4) How would your friends describe you?   1 Answer

Baker Interview

Interview

Quick easy and got an offer right off the back and I accepted it been there one year, why you want to work with this company, do you want to work full time

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Lincoln, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

I went for the Bakery position... Which is what they called me for and in my interview they told me that they already filled the position and offered me the CC position. They were very quick to hire. I then went to the training they provide and met a guy and he said he had got the bakery position the same day of the training which was exactly a week after they told me they had filled it!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Safeway?   1 Answer

Baker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway in October 2014.

Interview

I went there for a 35 minute interview for a position, then was later told to apply online technically for another position since they thought I would be a good fit for that. For the duration of the time, the manager and assistant manager talked about how amazing the Baker job would be. They were unclear as to hours and pay. Because of a lack of transparency, I followed up a few days later when they phoned me and said I had been offered the job. When I went in to the store to complete a drug test (which I passed successfully), I asked about the pay and schedule. Minimum wage for a 24-hr/wk with all shifts starting at 3am. In my opinion that's unacceptable to expect someone who has years of experience in the job position to only pay minimum wage and expect such an unusual work schedule that does not even offer full-time hours. Upshot: I would have appreciated to be told of those things up front when the manager discussed the position with me. I turned down the offer. Also, FYI, your weekly schedule can change week-to-week, but you only know your schedule one week at a time. Also, the schedule is posted on a Friday for the week beginning on a Sunday, so only two days notice, which makes scheduling the rest of your life near to impossible.

Interview Questions

• They requested that I have full availability each week with mandatory flexibility because the schedule changes every week. I cannot devote my whole schedule to a minimum wage job that's not even offering me full-time hours/pay. I made it clear that with 5 children, I cannot be flexible outside of my "free time," which is in excess of 125+ hrs/wk.   Answer Question

Lack of transparency up front, and the company policies don't seem to value employees' personal schedules. Minimum wage is unacceptable for jobs in which experience is mandatory. (Why would I be an experienced baker there, working my butt off when I could be a courtesy clerk for the same pay?!)

Baker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Safeway in June 2014.

Interview

Just asked a few basic questions. Asked my job experience. Went over my resume. Talked about dealing with angry customers. She offered me the job on the spot and I took a drug test. It was the mouth swap test.

Interview Questions

• Not really difficult but they asked me to pick a product and sell it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Marysville, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Marysville, WA) in June 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty simple. They asked a few generic questions, but it was clear that they only cared about two things. One, that I was responsible/reliable and two being that I would be willing to work a grave yard shift. I was hired within 10 minutes of the interview and spent the rest of the time filling out paperwork and doing a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were in a conflict with a co worker? How would you resolve the conflict without it affecting your work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Baltimore, MD) in April 2008.

Interview

I applied online & got a call 45 minutes later. I went in and talked to the manager about my experience, then swabbed my mouth for drug testing. Agreed on a start date. Done.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. It just seemed as if I was the one that showed up. They don't really seem to care if your are qualified for anything. As long as you pass the drug test, I think that's all that matters to them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It's union, so there's a set starting rate. You either take it or leave it.