SunTrust Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at SunTrust

2.6

Sort:

Agile Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

one interview conducted with the intent of not hiring anyone into the role until a manager was hired. The process was not clear given the length it took to hire a manager for the role.

Interview Questions

• working in a team model with 3 daily check-in on work status   1 Answer

Phone Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cookeville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunTrust (Cookeville, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

I was asked about previous experience. Then, was asked to sell an item to the manager interviewing me. Asked for examples of when I sold a product to someone that was very indecisive and closed the deal

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose SunTrust?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

Phone interview and a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Stick to your expectations.

Interview

Apply online and receive call from Recruiter for prescreening, next step is interview with Branch Manager

Interview Questions

• I can't remember but be prepared to talk about how you can promote branch sales and referrals   Answer Question

Negotiation

Some negotiation is possible but you must be firm

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SunTrust in January 2012.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me, conducted phone interview. In person interview with branch manager, phone interview with area manager. Very quick process...3 days from beginning to end

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

Was promoted internally- recruiter is located out of state, and the the process took almost 3 weeks to receive my offer letter. Interview questions were based around sales goals and how to push team to get to minimum expectations. Also, how you would coach 'problem' employees

Interview Questions

• What are the three factors that are expected of managers to meet their scorecard for the shareholders?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate, cut and dry procedure, take it or leave it option.

Client Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SunTrust (Chesapeake, VA).

Interview

Received a call from the recruiter within a couple days of submitting my resume on line. We set up a time for phone interview. It was brief couple of questions about my work history. Then a call later on that afternoon to set up a time to meet with the hiring manager, this guy is resposible for all the Sun Trust branches in the area. First he was 15 minutes late to the interview. Ok, he did a good job explaining the position almost like he was trying to sell it to me. He asked about my work experience, situational type questions, but the interview was more conversational, me explaining the things ive accomplished. This job was an excellent fit based on my skills, I basically aced the interview he and i knew it. At the end of the interview. Hiring manager was excited, i was excited and he told me everything was good and i should hear from the recruiter. I thought the only thing left was for the offer. A week went by and no contact from them. I sent him a thank you note. The day he received the Thank you letter, i received an email saying they were interviewing other candidates and i didnt get the job. The only reason i can think of why i didnt get it is he said he knew a couple of people from my current job and i believed he contacted them and i have no clue what they said, obviously it wasnt good.

Client Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust in October 2014.

Interview

Very advanced online application with a lengthy skill/personality test in various formats. I got a call from a recruiter the very next morning who did a brief phone interview (tell me about a goal you set for yourself; are you currently interviewing with any other companies; what is your expected salary range) and then immediately afterward he forwarded my resume to the branch manager. Unfortunately I heard back the same afternoon; the hiring manager thought I was too far away from her branch so she declined to interview me, but the recruiter was very supportive and urged me to keep an eye on the website for other locations.

After a week or so one came up closer in my area so I applied. After 3 days I got an email saying I was selected for an interview and to email a person my resume and availability for the following 5 business days. I didn't hear back until the 4th business day, from a different recruiter this time, and we scheduled an interview with a branch manager for the following week.

The interview was pretty simple, questions were mostly about my current role (what do I like and dislike, how is my performance measured), and behavioral questions (tell me about a time when you had to work on a project with a potentially negative outcome).

Less than 48 hours after my interview I received an email letting me know I was not selected. I have 5 years of experience in financial services with a national credit card company and commercial bank, but no branch or retail banking experience, so that may have been a factor. Disappointed as I was looking forward to working at SunTrust!

Interview Questions

• What do you dislike about your current role?   1 Answer

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunTrust (Charlotte, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and applied online. I was contacted within a week for a 30 minute phone screen. Easy STAR questions and salary expecations. Recruiter got in touch with hiring manager and we set up an in person interview with the Branch Manager (hiring manager) and the Area Manager. Easy questions again. Just STAR based questions like "Tell me about a time you...". Overall easy process.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions or unexpected questions as long as you look over some common STAR method quesitons.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

The interview was very behavioral. I was escorted into the office of our area manager and was asked a variety of questions; the topics ranged from what I would do in certain situations (angry clients, clients asking for privileged information, lots of clients waiting in line, etc.).

There was a discussion in the first thirty minutes on what the salary was going to be. There was little room given for negotiation and I had little leverage, as I was not prepared for this topic so early in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How will you plan to balance the duties of being a teller and at the same time being a personal banker?   Answer Question