SunTrust Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunTrust Interview Questions

Updated Nov 24, 2017

2.6

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

Interview process was fine however the recruiter initially told me i was applying for a full time position only to find out it was part time AFTER I accepted the offer

Interview Questions

• “What are some proven methods you have used to reach your sales goals”   Answer Question

Consumer Operations Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied through their website, was asked to come for an on-campus interview. About a week after that interview, I received an invite to Super Day and was asked to apply to a more specific position. Super Day was great! They provided breakfast, and I was able to meet several people on the team in the holding room. I had a 20 minute interview with two gentlemen before going back to the holding room before the second interview with two other gentlemen. The interviews were held by VPs of different departments.

Interview Questions

• What role do you typically take on in a team environment?   1 Answer

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

On-campus interview. Met with two managers. Mostly behavioral questions, asked about my past finance related experience. Interviewers are very friendly and the conversation is casual. The interview only lasts about 20 min. The interviewers didn't dig deep into my response

Wholesale Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

Ask you questions about your resume and then some behavioral/fit questions. Interviewers are very nice. SunTrust treats you very well: put you in a hotel within walking distance from offices and is very generous with meal expenses. Chances of getting an offer are much lower than usual superday odds are.

Wholesale Development Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through university career website. On campus interview with two school alumni that was very easy, conversational, and behavioral. I was called about a week later letting me know I made it to the superday. The superday started the night before with a meet-and-greet cocktail hour with analysts and upper-level employees. Then superday followed with one behavioral interview, one technical/behavioral interview, and two panels. Received the offer about 1.5 weeks after the superday.

Interview Questions

• Gave 4 financial statements and asked if I would greenlight a loan to that company   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunTrust (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Branch Manager and the Teller Coordinator, both who were very kind. They both took turns asking me a series of questions. The interview was about an hour long.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to leave my current employer to work for Suntrust.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SunTrust in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through resume drop on Career Services website. Quick 15 min phone screening with one person. Very basic questions with elevator pitch, Why Suntrust/Why ATL, how do you value a company.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SunTrust (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Had an interview with a VP during a MBA conference. The VP was unpleasant, called me "disheveled", tore apart my resume and mocked my university. I ripped up his card after meeting him. He didn't even ask about my work experience . It was a horrible experience. Weeks after the interview, HR reached and said that the VP enjoyed our interview. I was shocked. I ended up emailing him to be polite. Yesterday I got my rejection letter. The VP was a horrible, nasty, passive aggressive person who lacks breeding. I am fortunate that I have received other opportunities and have connected with other IB/PE folks with class. Suntrust do better!

Interview Questions

• Nothing, he just berated me in the guise of "metorship"   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beltsville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Beltsville, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

The process of actually being able to sit down in front of someone was long, but I think that was because my situation was a unique one. I interviewed with the area manager and that was it.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview was based around role playing to ensure you were able to keep and flow through a conversation. The one question that was asked, was how would you add value to our company?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

Technical questions!! Very behavioral. I was unprepared which was my fault, but the interviewer was nice and gave me suggestions on how to answer the questions. Seems like a smart group.