The Body Shop Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.5

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Anchorage, AK) in September 2017.

Interview

I had an interview with the Store Manager, it was a typical straight forward interview. After about 20 minutes she told me that I would be getting a second interview.

The second interview went well. Afterwards the Store Manager called me, did not leave a voice message but I recognized the phone number. I thought it was strange so I called back and she said that she wanted to know how the second interview went. So why didn't she leave a voice message? I have no idea.
    I told her it went well and she begun to criticize me on how I answered questions during my second interview. Apparently she already knew how the second interview went and was testing me to see what I was going to say. Weird. But apparently the second interview was enough to get me a third interview, at that point I was a bit tired of the weird games and the overall hiring process for a part time minimum wage job.

It took over a week to hear back as to when my third interview would be scheduled. She asked if I was available on a certain day, I said I was not and she told me she would get back to me.
    I then received a text message, yes, you read that correctly. Saying that I needed to come in for the interview, even though I had told her a few days prior I was not available that day.

After receiving this text I decided I was no longer interested in the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?
      What are three words that would describe yourself?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Body Shop (New York, NY).

Interview

We met in the lobby of West Farms Mall and spoke freely about my experience and why I wanted to work for the company. We spoke about my 5 yr plan.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle a situation with an angry customer?   2 Answers

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Body Shop (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Was quick and easy. Manager did not ask any challenging questions but only asked routine interview questions. I was in and out of the interview within 10 minutes including interruptions.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing your previous colleagues would say about you?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop.

Interview

Had two interviews. First one caught me off guard because I was only told that it was going to be a meet and greet but it turned into role playing scenarios. Second one was quick and easy. Wasn't asked a whole lot of common interview questions instead we casually chatted about my previous work experiences and the weather. Got a follow up call a few hours later for an offer.

Interview Questions

• How did you motivate your team if they were feeling down and sluggish?   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Maumee, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was interviewing another girl and me at the same time. He was impatient. He made you do the company's rewards precentages in your head. The last bit was trying to sell something to him, he did not let me finish my "sale" because of a customer (which is understandably), but even after the person left, he did not let me continue. I, of course, was not offered a job, but I'm glad because I would hate to work with him.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Customer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Ontario, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very long, took about 3 months. I applied at the beginning of March and didn't receive a call for my first interview until early May. I was told to apply online and apply in person by the manager at the time. The online process was very time consuming, a lot of basic questions about personality and scenarios at work. The part that I didn't understand was the last part, it was an online quiz and you had a time limit of 10 minutes to answer as many math questions as you can. The math questions were not simple at all and me having terrible math skills, bombed the whole thing pretty much. Clearly it did not matter because I received a call back a few months later.

I think had my in person interview with the manager of the store at the time, and it was pretty basic. He was very interested in me because of my previous work experience at Lush Cosmetics, knowing that I had a strong knowledge of products, ingredients, values/ethics, etc. So it didn't even feel like an actual interview. Once the interview was over, he told me that I will for sure getting a call before the end of the week after he contacts the district manager.

About 1 week later, I called to follow up with the interview and a girl answered the phone and told me that the previous manager had to leave to go back home and that she was now the acting manager. She invited me back into the store to do a "floor trial" to see how well I interacted with customers. Once I got to the shop, she told me she wanted to re-do the sit down interview. I had no clue why because she had all of the previous notes and the go ahead from the previous manager/district manager. This made me kind of nervous because what if she didn't feel the same way about me as the previous manager? (I have very high anxiety and this was just making it 10 times worse but I mean it wasn't her fault she was just doing her job.)

So we did the sit down interview again, same questions. She as very different from the previous guy who interviewed me, she was a lot more serious. Then we went back into the shop and they had me "lease line" (which is basically just standing in front of the shop doors with a bowl of samples) for a bit to see how well I can get customers attention. It was kind of awkward though because it was a Sunday morning and the mall was completely dead. I did attract 3 customers though, and they ended up coming into the store! Then myself and the acting-manager did some role play on different customer scenarios. With my previous work experience at Lush Cosmetics, this was quite easy for me considering that's what I was trained to do.

She then told me afterwards that she really thinks I would be a great fit for the team and that I should be expecting a call from her by the end of the week because she had to get the go ahead again from her district manager. I got the call that Saturday that I got the job! Currently I am waiting for the email she told me I was going to get to fill out all of my personal info, then I can start working!

I decided to make this post because while I was letting my anxiety get to my head about this job interview, I was constantly reading all of the other posts others have made about The Body Shop interviews and I found them extremely helpful.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a great fit working for The Body Shop?   1 Answer

Sales Associate (Seasonal) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Bridgewater, NJ).

Interview

They were hiring for holiday help, so I applied online and got a call within a couple of days. I set up an interview over the phone with the store manager for the next day. When I went in for the interview, I spent a few moments browsing the store and its products before the manager took me outside the store to another spot in the mall to conduct the interview. She asked me mostly about my past experience in retail and what my availability was before offering me the seasonal job.

Interview Questions

Interview

I submitted my resume online, and was contacted by the Area Manager within a few days. The interview process included a sit down interview, and a Shop interview. It was a great interview, and the company made it very comfortable.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Body Shop.

Interview

Had to sell and demonstrate a product ... Very easy interview the first step was to bring a customer in the store within 10 mins .. Then on with your 1:1

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Body Shop.

Interview

It was basic. The same questions as you would any other place worked (experience, work history, why you would like to be here...etc) answer carefully. They will ask you the same questions over in other interviews. Also, tell them why they need you. It seems to impress them.