Thermo Fisher Scientific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Cyber Security Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Applied online in the beginning of March. Was contacted to schedule an interview a week later. Did get an interview with one of the cyber security managers. Only spoke on the phone about 20 min. He did not ask me any behavioral questions, just a few technical. I received an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about​ yourself?   3 Answers
    • What IT classes did you like? What did you find the most challenging?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between TCP and UDP protocols? How familiar are you with Wireshark?   Answer Question

May 30, 2018

Welcome to the team and thank you for the review. We strive to provide an efficient, yet thorough interview process to ensure we are bringing on talented and experienced professionals as quickly as... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in January 2010.

Interview

Applied online, usually the interview process is composed with two phone meetings, followed by a 1-on-1, and lastly a in person meeting with the HR director, potentially the VP of sales, and the hiring manager. Post final meeting an offer will be made.

Interview Questions

• What do you anticipate to be your biggest challenge to your business and what will you do to overcome the challenge?   Answer Question

Aug 1, 2018

Thank you for the review and we hope you are growing a rewarding career with us so far!

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

The first interview was very informative and conversational. The sales manager was engaged and transparent.

I was fortunate to make it to the second round, however did not bring my A game coming off the flight to meet with the DM and RM. The interview style was much different. You need to sell yourself and lead as much of the dialogue as possible. They were very experienced and weren't looking to guide the next potential candidate. Very respectful and I learned a lot from there process. Needless to say I didn't earn the job.

Interview Questions

• What aspect of sales lead to my success?   2 Answers

Sep 24, 2018

We appreciate your interest in our careers and for your thoughtful review. We hope you continue your career search with us in the future.

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Carlsbad, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

This thing consisted of a panel of 5 people including HR broken into five separate 30 minute segments.

Common Theme: We think you may be over qualified for this position?

They (panel) could not grasp any elementary supply chain vocabulary and it was "STUNNING" that these people actually masqueraded as supply chain professionals!

My "read' on this interview was simply - We have "NO CLUE" as to what we are doing, and what if we hired you and "WE" got exposed!

Then they blew smoke and inferred we really "WANT" you - please stand down and we will get back to you within a week.

A week and a half later - voicemail - "sorry we are going in a different direction. "

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Aug 1, 2018

We are sorry to hear your frustration throughout our interview process and wish you luck in your search.

Planner/Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Madison, WI).

Interview

After applying online, I received an email from a recruiter within 1-2 weeks received an email requesting a phone interview. A couple days later had a fairly basic half hour interview with a recruiter mostly talking about my recent positions and filling me in on the job. A few days later had another phone interview of about an hour long, this time with a supply chain manager (not the hiring manager for the position, but similar), again discussing employment history, and the job . Finally, after another week had an in person interview for about 2.5 hours, including 1 hour with hiring manager, and half hour each with 3 colleagues.

Interview Questions

• Most questions in both phone and in person interviews pertained to my job experience, and how it related to the position applied for, including knowledge of MRP systems, methods of forecasting and ordering, etc. There were a couple questions asking to describe projects led, or difficult situations that I had to deal with.   1 Answer

Aug 1, 2018

Thank you for your interest in our organization and for the time you invested throughout the various interviews. We hope you will continue your interest in our careers.

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Fremont, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Only 1 interview with a panel and the manager. The interview was fairly simple, as they asked basic questions about my previous positions and why I wanted to work there. Asked about any time committments I had. The entire process took over 2 months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Fremont, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Apply in 3 weeks, the process was pretty easy. After 2 weeks, got an email saying the supervisor is interested the resume. After a quick phone screening, the recuiter then contact me with the interview. Met with several people from different formulation line, very nice people. The interview is 20-30 min each.

Associate Chemist Interview

Interview

What is your goals in the next 5 years?
    Do you see yourself working at Thermo for the next 5 years?
    Do you currently own a home?
    Do you mind of the long commute?
    How would you balance between work and personal life?
    Do you mind staying late at work?
    The number of interviewers can be between 3-7

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Fremont, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

interviewed by three. two Sr. Scientist, one group supervisor. Overall the interview was very easy and down to earth. They had my resumes so we pretty much went over the resume and discussed typical skills that they are looking for.

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Fremont, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview was very nerve wracking. I applied through ATR one for a temporary position. Interview was in the afternoon and they were considerate enough to allow me to schedule so.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Fremont, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

They wanted to know your strengths and weaknesses, which is normal but after the second interview had to fill out a personality index and explain why I scored the way that I did”

Interview Questions

• Strengths/weaknesses, how did you do at your last job, etc.   1 Answer