Thermo Fisher Scientific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Cyber Security Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Applied online in the beginning of March. Was contacted to schedule an interview a week later. Did get an interview with one of the cyber security managers. Only spoke on the phone about 20 min. He did not ask me any behavioral questions, just a few technical. I received an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about​ yourself?   2 Answers
    • What IT classes did you like? What did you find the most challenging?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between TCP and UDP protocols? How familiar are you with Wireshark?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

The interview was relaxed, they explained the position and asked me questions about the experiences on my resume. They asked about what I liked to do in my free time.

Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Short and was asked common questions. Was asked general science questions that a student should be able to answer. Not scary but made sure I knew what I mentioned on my resume

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in September 2017.

Interview

Recruiter was friendly and encouraging. The phone screen went well however there has been ZERO follow up despite leaving voice mails and sending emails. This presents this company as very unprofessional. At least send an auto generated thank you, but no thank you so the candidate is aware of the status of their application.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about the region and my experience with the clients I would encounter.   1 Answer

Senior Site Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

interview was pretty straight forward not hard at all, if you are confident in yourself and your knowledgeable about your experiences. you will be great . just answer each question confidently and you will be fine

Senior Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Seemed very interested upfront, then became unprofessional. First step was a phone interview with recruiter. She confirmed interest, salary, and general role requirements. Next stage was supposed to be a phone call with the hiring manager. However the following week I was setup to talk via phone with an employee (not hiring manager). Seemed kind of tacky to have a coworker interview you before a manager. Based on the job requirements I was very qualified for the role. I also had received very positive feedback from the interviews, the only concern was that they felt I was overqualified and wouldn't be challenged in the role. Was totally shocked when I never heard back, total letdown. I was super interested in the role. I wrote to the recruiter to follow up and got no response, not even a "hey we selected another candidate." Super unprofessional.

Then a month later the recruiter calls me and says that another role has opened up, they have filled the other role, and this new role is the "same" but then proceeds to tell me the salary is $30K less than the previous role. What gives? I told them I wasn't interested. Totally gave me a bad impression of the way they would treat employees regarding overall communication and fair compensation. Seems like a very sketchy and disorganized interview and hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever experienced a time when you knew you were right, and someone didn't believe you? How did you react/respond?   Answer Question

Scientist II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Started with a call from the recruiter then included 2 phone calls - hiring manager then the group leader. It took about a week to hear back after the face to face interview. All time tables were standard for a large company and the communication was efficient and largely handled through the recruiters. Everyone was friendly and candid. It was one of the better interview processes I've experienced.

Interview Questions

• Why ThermoFisher? What would you consider a weakness/strength?   Answer Question

Packer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Bethlehem, PA).

Interview

First you have to do a phone interview and go through the screening process. Afterwards, if you are selected to go on, you interview with the hiring manager. The process took a few weeks to conclude and I was dealing with a recruiter from California, so timing was tricky. Overall, the process was smooth and I had no issues with it.

Finance Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (New York, NY).

Interview

HR did a quick phone interview to screen and understand my experiences. She came back one week later to schedule for an interview.

Didn't feel good about the environment when I was there on the day of the interview. First met a nasty receptionist who wasn't friendly at all and refused to let me enter the office even though I told her the name of the interviewer. Her reply to me was that the person doesn't exist.

Met up with a big group of interviewers and they were late. Some of them attended were not on the initial invitation list that was sent to me.

The focus was on my work experiences and each of them took turn to ask questions. The questions asked were simple and basically to understand my roles and responsibilities.

I felt that they were not sure of what they were offering when I asked about the role. Giving a lot of "if" scenarios as if the roles and responsibilities had not been finalized and there will be major changes to it.

The interview didn't give me the comfort to pursue the opportunity further. The main takeaway for me is that I do not want to join this company.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Bothell, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was one of the more casual I've had - the resume and explanation of my professional career up to that point was more important that proving that I can reverse a linked list or balance a tree from memory. There were a few questions that did prove that I wasn't lying on my resume, and a few more in-depth questions about memory management.

The in-person interview was a little unusual, as they were mostly group interviews, but this turned out to be no different than the standard 1-on-1 tech interviews, with the added efficiency of not having to repeat some of the same questions with all the interviewers. There was also a tour of the facility and a decent explanation of the kind of work that the position was for.

Interview Questions

• Given a UI design for an automated task, write psuedocode to asynchronously manage the task, including filtering input, handling error scenarios, and responding to user input to modify or cancel the task mid-operation.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Interview

It went well, got a tour of the facility, they were honest an forward with the expectations. Turn around time was a bit on the longer side. they are very selective and will pursue for the very very best

Interview Questions

• A series of technical questions asked, very technical interview.   Answer Question