Thermo Fisher Scientific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 12, 2018

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Cyber Security Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Applied online in the beginning of March. Was contacted to schedule an interview a week later. Did get an interview with one of the cyber security managers. Only spoke on the phone about 20 min. He did not ask me any behavioral questions, just a few technical. I received an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about​ yourself?   2 Answers
    • What IT classes did you like? What did you find the most challenging?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between TCP and UDP protocols? How familiar are you with Wireshark?   Answer Question

ELearning Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews, then in-person interview with multiple people. Positive experience. Met with manager of role and people from interacting departments. Process moved quickly at first then no decision was made for almost 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over the other candidates for this position?   Answer Question

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Millbrae, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Millbrae, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied directly on their career site. Had an initial phone screening by HR and a phone interview with the hiring manager. In-person Interview followed this and consisted of 4 back to back interviews, 30 minutes each. It provided a good opportunity to learn about the culture and people on my future team.

Strategic Sourcing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in January 2018.

Interview

There was only 1 over the phone interview. The hiring manager said it would only be about 15 min but we talked for 50 min. She just asked very typical interview questions regarding my resume, past experiences, and what I was looking for and expectations for the internship.

Financial Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topanga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Topanga, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Simple phone interview. All questions were behavioral. Questions detailed excel skills, why you chose this job opportunity, opinions on the Finance Development and Leadership program, and previous internships. Interview lasted around twenty minutes.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about the Finance Leadership and Development program?   Answer Question

Pre-Sales Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Carlsbad, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Series of pre-screening and phone interviews, if qualifications are met this will ensue a face to face interview. Interview process is smooth and welcoming, you learn a lot about the position and the team you will be working with directly.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a challenging experience that you excelled at, how did you overcome the challenge?   1 Answer

Technology Transfer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (High Point, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

The telephonic interview took place in December while the in-person interview happened in January. First interview lasted for about 30 mins and the latter for around 3 hours. The position was project management and was mostly asked about general HR questions.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Waltham, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interviews were fairly standard behavioral questions, and I had a total of 7 phone calls as a part of the process:
    1. HR screen
    2. Informal chat with the hiring manager
    3. Interviews with panel of 4 employees including hiring manager, marketing manager, customer (internal), and a current PM.
    4. Final interview with Sr. HR person

While I did enjoy talking with pretty much everyone, it wasn't made clear by the recruiter (my person of contact) that the final interview with HR was another interview, and she also messed up the scheduling of one of the calls, which meant I got a call for an interview a day early and felt unprepared. In the final call with HR, she said she wanted to be transparent that it was down to me and one other candidate, but I should hear something by the end of the week. I never heard from them again even after following up. It just seems a bit disrespectful of my time to never even send a quick email telling me they opted for the internal candidate.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

I applied online and heard from the recruiter 3 weeks later. A few days after the phone screening, I was told that the hiring manager wanted to continue with an in person interview. I confirmed my availability, but it took another week for me to hear from the recruiter on interview details. Details weren’t confirmed until 2 days before the actual interview. I interviewed with multiple people and it was mostly behavioral. I was asked some technical questions. After the interview, I didn’t get the impression that I had a chance at an offer. I never received a “No offer” email either. After my experience, I’m glad they didn’t extend an offer because I wouldn’t want to work for a company like this.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

One phone screening with HR, then 1:1 on-campus interview, and finally they fly you to headquarters for a day of interviews and case study. Most questions were behavioral based (tell me about a time when...) and the case study was meant to see how you work in a group.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based (tell me about a time you experienced conflict while being a leader)   Answer Question

Senior Site Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Got a call and was on the phone for about 15 minutes. The lady was very nice and said I answered all the criteria to be a senior site specialist.