Thermo Fisher Scientific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 20, 2018

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Cyber Security Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Applied online in the beginning of March. Was contacted to schedule an interview a week later. Did get an interview with one of the cyber security managers. Only spoke on the phone about 20 min. He did not ask me any behavioral questions, just a few technical. I received an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about​ yourself?   2 Answers
    • What IT classes did you like? What did you find the most challenging?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between TCP and UDP protocols? How familiar are you with Wireshark?   Answer Question

Interview

Walking interview throughout the entire biotech industrial lab. Showcase all lab utilities and company flavor. Provided adequate opportunities for interviewees to ask questions and gain first hand impressions of the company.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Was sent a questionnaire by the recruiter to fill out via email to review skills. Thereafter, was invited for an in-person final round at their HQ in Waltham. The final round was a series of quick 30 minute interviews back-to-back with a bunch of team members including the hiring manager as well as a couple of directors. Overall everyone was nice and personable. The only negative is that I never received even a generic auto-generated rejection email, much less feedback call. The hiring manager told me that they wanted to fill the position quickly, so I didn't bother reaching out just to hear the inevitable either.

Manager (Patheon) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with Recruiter. Second phone interview with Hiring Manager. On-site individual interviews (multiple).

Hiring Manager was condescending and manipulative. None of the other interviewers had anything positive to say about him, including his own boss. After meeting him (first interview of the day), I seriously considered leaving and not completing the interview. Glad that I stayed because everyone else was great. Wouldn't accept an offer if I was given one due to the high likelihood of an unhealthy work environment.

Interview Questions

• Describe the work situation where you were the most dissatisfied.   Answer Question

Senior Site Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

I was initially contacted, and telephone interview scheduled, through email. Interviewer was prompt, both through email and calling at the scheduled time. Interviewer recommended me for a face to face interview. Waiting to take the next step.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Phone Interview and In-Person Group Interview
    The interview was heavily science/knowledge based. There were very few character/behavioral questions. Be sure to know what is on your resume, and be prepared to explain science techniques and concepts in depth

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deliver bad news?   1 Answer
    • How familiar are you with statistical analysis? Do you know the equation for standard deviation?   Answer Question
    • List 3-5 strengths, and 3-5 weaknesses.   Answer Question
    • Describe how PCR works.   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between precision and accuracy?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Carlsbad, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online and have a interview in a week. It is in Carlsbad, CA. One on one interview. Got a tour inside of the company. Very standard interview about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Think of one challenging person that you work with and how you resolve that?   Answer Question
    • Describe one of the project and how you solve the problem?   Answer Question

Embedded Systems Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in April 2018.

Interview

I had a panel interview over the phone with the managers I would be working with. They were all very easy to talk to and were passionate about their work. They asked several questions about the experience I've listed on my resume and about my coursework. They asked for details regarding the experience I had that would be relevant to the job description - my experience working with hardware, my coding ability. They also asked many questions about my soft skills - my leadership skills and examples of how I work in a team setting.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would deal with a situation in which a member of your team is very stubborn and wants to do something in a significantly different way from what you would do. How would you convince them to do what you would want them to do?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (South San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter. One introductory phone interview (30 mins) and one final in-person interview (2.5 hours) mostly 1 on 1s with senior scientists one 2 on 1. Thought it went very well, but was not offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you troubleshot a complex process/ system in your previous work experience?   Answer Question

Public Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2018.

Interview

I had one phone interview with a division recruiter, where she told me I was "a very strong candidate," which I found to be sort of an odd thing to say at the beginning. She asked me briefly about what I'd done at my last job, what my salary requirements were and when I could start. It felt a bit rushed. It was about 10 minutes long. Then she said I'd hear from her within two weeks. I waited and never heard back, so I emailed and got no response, then I called and got no response. Pretty weird experience and considering I have 15-plus years in the public relations field, I felt brushed off.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interview process was simple, one phone interview then on-site.

But, people at thermo fisher are unprofessional. After my interview they said I got hired and I should get the offer letter pretty soon. After two weeks they sent me another email saying they have hired another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer