Thermo Fisher Scientific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 22, 2017

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Cyber Security Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Applied online in the beginning of March. Was contacted to schedule an interview a week later. Did get an interview with one of the cyber security managers. Only spoke on the phone about 20 min. He did not ask me any behavioral questions, just a few technical. I received an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about​ yourself?   2 Answers
    • What IT classes did you like? What did you find the most challenging?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between TCP and UDP protocols? How familiar are you with Wireshark?   Answer Question

Packer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Bethlehem, PA).

Interview

First you have to do a phone interview and go through the screening process. Afterwards, if you are selected to go on, you interview with the hiring manager. The process took a few weeks to conclude and I was dealing with a recruiter from California, so timing was tricky. Overall, the process was smooth and I had no issues with it.

Scientist II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Started with a call from the recruiter then included 2 phone calls - hiring manager then the group leader. It took about a week to hear back after the face to face interview. All time tables were standard for a large company and the communication was efficient and largely handled through the recruiters. Everyone was friendly and candid. It was one of the better interview processes I've experienced.

Interview Questions

• Why ThermoFisher? What would you consider a weakness/strength?   Answer Question

Finance Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (New York, NY).

Interview

HR did a quick phone interview to screen and understand my experiences. She came back one week later to schedule for an interview.

Didn't feel good about the environment when I was there on the day of the interview. First met a nasty receptionist who wasn't friendly at all and refused to let me enter the office even though I told her the name of the interviewer. Her reply to me was that the person doesn't exist.

Met up with a big group of interviewers and they were late. Some of them attended were not on the initial invitation list that was sent to me.

The focus was on my work experiences and each of them took turn to ask questions. The questions asked were simple and basically to understand my roles and responsibilities.

I felt that they were not sure of what they were offering when I asked about the role. Giving a lot of "if" scenarios as if the roles and responsibilities had not been finalized and there will be major changes to it.

The interview didn't give me the comfort to pursue the opportunity further. The main takeaway for me is that I do not want to join this company.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Bothell, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was one of the more casual I've had - the resume and explanation of my professional career up to that point was more important that proving that I can reverse a linked list or balance a tree from memory. There were a few questions that did prove that I wasn't lying on my resume, and a few more in-depth questions about memory management.

The in-person interview was a little unusual, as they were mostly group interviews, but this turned out to be no different than the standard 1-on-1 tech interviews, with the added efficiency of not having to repeat some of the same questions with all the interviewers. There was also a tour of the facility and a decent explanation of the kind of work that the position was for.

Interview Questions

• Given a UI design for an automated task, write psuedocode to asynchronously manage the task, including filtering input, handling error scenarios, and responding to user input to modify or cancel the task mid-operation.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Interview

It went well, got a tour of the facility, they were honest an forward with the expectations. Turn around time was a bit on the longer side. they are very selective and will pursue for the very very best

Interview Questions

• A series of technical questions asked, very technical interview.   Answer Question

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

Don't waste your time. They expect applicants to spend their time applying but then Thermo Fisher doesn't have the professional curiosity to respond by email with a "no thanks." They don't reply by email, phone, letter, etc, after your submission goes through. Having this lack of acknowledge on whether they've processed my application or spilled coffee on it- I won't be applying or recommending anyone to them.

Interview Questions

• Do you care about company look?   1 Answer

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

I had three phone interviews that went very well. I sent an email to the HR person to follow up about the interviews and got no response. After about 6 weeks later, I have had no response either way and I'm kind of glad I didn't get an offer if this is how the company is run.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is the one thing that separates you from all the other applicants?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, phone interviewed. Followed by a phone interview set with the HM several days later. Comments were made about me not being a millennial which were clearly out of line. Additionally based upon the experience level required, a millennial would not have enough previous work tenure to qualify to apply.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

HR was decent, interview process was timely. However, once I got to the onsite everything changed. Horrible interviewing practices. One interviewer was literally on his phone the entire time while I was talking. Much disrespect. Also, there were no whiteboard coding at all - like really? They literally screen software engineering candidates by asking them behavioral questions. Don't even bother applying here, it's going to be a colossal waste of your time and effort. No wonder these kind of companies can never attract talent.

Scientist I Interview

Interview

Took a course of 3 months for phone screen, hiring manager interview, and group panel. The questions asked were very fair. Everyone was nice and very willing to answer any questions I had. Overall the process was great.