Thermo Fisher Scientific Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,126 of over 1.1K interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Durham, NC) in Sep 2020

Interview

Applied online. Received a call from a recruiter a couple weeks later. Moved forward to interview with hiring manager. A panel interview. It took about a week and I was offered the job. Very smooth process

Interview Questions
  • Why Thermo Fisher? Tell me about yourself
    Answer Question
5 people found this interview helpful

Thermo Fisher Scientific

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific

Interview

Applied for a position in Hillsboro, OR. Was contacted by an HR representative in Texas who didn't look like they work for the same company. HR representative's first question was if I had visa sponsorship (H1b). Their second question was if I was will to accept $70k annual for the job (~ 25% below the average salary for this job for a fresh PhD). When I said no to both, they never got back, no follow up even. Quite a bizarre experience but looks a lot like they were trying to hire a foreign national (through a contract HR agency) with an existing visa who doesn't have a job and will be willing to work at low pay just to be in status from an immigration standpoint.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have an H1b? Are you willing to work for $70k annually? (well below the average pay for this job)

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland) in Aug 2021

Interview

Two interview phases. Initial interview was with the hiring manager, informal in nature reviewing your back ground. Second phase (hiringmanager and EMEA sales director), was a competency based interview with a 15 minute presentation entitled "how I plan to succeed in the first 30, 60 and 90 days".

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Thermo Fisher Scientific

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific

Interview

Selbstpräsentation, Fragen von mir, danach Fragen von HR. 2 Leute beim interview, ich habe einen Tee bekommen und die Athmosphäre war sehr locker. Keinerlei Stressfragen. Im Anschluss durfte ich mit einem Mitarbeiter sprechen.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alachua, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Alachua, FL)

Interview

Contacted initially by a recruiter for a half hour recorded conversation that was supposedly shown to hiring managers. Following this there was a group teams meeting about a week later between myself, five hiring managers, and two other candidates. In this second call/meeting we as candidates were tasked with asking questions of the hiring managers, though of course they put more questions to us as well. Received a decision a week after this.

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of how to avoid contamination in the lab.
  • Describe your use of positive and negative controls in past work experiences.

Thermo Fisher Scientific

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific

Interview

From the internal recruiter, to the head of the department, everyone was very communicative and friendly. They were very helpful with keeping me informed of next steps with timelines, so that I never felt unsure of my status in the process.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Thermo Fisher Scientific

Application

I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific

Interview

Tough interview, multiple interviews back to back with technical questions as engineer position should, seems like a nice place to work though. Work goes to a great cause which is very respectable.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Thermo Fisher Scientific

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific

Interview

The talent acquisition specialist that called me to understand more about my qualifications was snobbish and very full of herself, often hinting throughout the call that she had the clout to influence the next round of selection with the hiring managers

Interview Questions
  • She asked about my qualifications and experience and the usual behavioral questions. It was good that she explained in better detail the roles and responsibilities from the role but I could gather that she did not know what she was saying....
1 person found this interview helpful

Thermo Fisher Scientific

Application

I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific

Interview

Contacté via linkedin par la RH, premier entretien téléphonique, tout se passe bien, malheuresement le poste etait deja pourvu, j'ai du les relancer plusieurs fois pour qu'ils me disent que c'etait trop tard

Interview Questions
  • Parlez du parcours, des experiences.. questions habituelles

Thermo Fisher Scientific

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific

Interview

The interview included a discussion of the position, the team, the company, my skills, and work history. We discussed several examples that applied to the profile of the opportunity. The interview lasted about 30 minutes with later conversation with other members of the team.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself. What will you do in the first 90 days?

Thermo Fisher Scientific

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific

Interview

Pretty standard, really tried selling the job but didn’t really compensate per my experience. Solid place for new grads though. And good interview experience. They asked basic troubleshooting questions and experience with interacting with customers.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,126 Interviews