Thermo Fisher Scientific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Thermo Fisher Scientific

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Intercompany, Cash and Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Budapest (Hungary)) in December 2019.

Interview

After submitting my application, they replied quite fast, within a week and called me to test my English (actually the person was Polish, not speaking Hungarian at all, but was really very kind, with personal ownership feeling about the applicant, what turned out later) and also my experiences. Don't remember exactly, but I think we discussed a personal interview scedule immediatelly to the next week (it was my preference).
    The personal interview was also a very good experience, the team leader is the person I would trust and work for.
    Finally they called me that based on the latest decision the role won't be opened, but asked me to keep in touch.

Quality Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Quick follow ups to phone and onsite interview. Never heard back after onsite interview. Not even as a feedback to being passed on for someone else. Poor communication

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alachua, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Alachua, FL) in March 2020.

Interview

70% personality questions ex: why Thermofisher, what separates you from other candidates, 15% Technical abilities ex: talk about what you due, in my case cell culturing, 15% questions for the interviewer: I asked, what has kept you with Thermofisher?

Interview Questions

• What separates you from other candidates?   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in March 2020.

Interview

Lady seemed nice. The phone interview was just basic questions about myself and describing the benefits and pay of the job, nothing unusual. She told me she would like me to do another interview and would let me know when I would be doing it. I sent a follow-up email a week after the phone interview and didn't hear back, so that was a bit disappointing.

Assistant Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairport, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Fairport, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by their HR to apply for this position because they had my resume, and they thought that I would be a good fit. The interviewer was not nice at all. She was about to cut my interview in short because I didn't have the experience they were looking for, and she acted like I was wasting her time. I am like I was minding my business your HR contacted me and told me to apply because "I will be a good fit for the position". Worst interview experience to date in my life.

Interview Questions

• if i wanted to stop the interview since I didn't have experience for what they are looking for.   Answer Question

Global Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (San Diego, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

I'm currently in the initial stages of the interview process. I've had a 30-minute initial phone interview with an in-house job recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a marketing plan you developed that targeted customer segments across multiple sister divisions?   1 Answer

Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in February 2020.

Interview

They reached out to me via email and schedule a preliminary phone interview. After about a week, I had a video interview with the manager who explained the program in more detail. They never reached out to me after that.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Failures/working in teams, etc   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

There was a short initial phone interview that lasted about 15-20 min. I was asked a few questions like my long-term goals. I was told that they would get back to me if they wanted to offer me an on-site interview.

Graphic Design Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

I applied online and got an email back from the recruiter asking to set up a phone screen. The phone screen was just confirming what I had on submitted on the online application. He told me on the phone that I would be moving forward. Then I had a one on one interview and the girl was SUPER nice. She asked like 3 questions. The rest of the interview I was asking her.

Assistant Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penfield, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Penfield, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

A corporate recruiter was the contact person throughout every step from initial screening, to setting up both sets of interviews, to feedback and final decision.
    First set of on-site interviews was with an HR manager and an Ops manager. Ops wanted me but HR over-ruled so I had to do a 2nd set.
    Ultimately the decision was that even though I have proven leadership experience in various types of logistics, that because it wasn't manufacturing specific, that I wouldn't be able to adapt. This is the same mindset I've learned other manufacturing companies take as well.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in January 2020.

Interview

Interview was on time and scheduled ahead of time. Interviewer was very friendly and did not give off any bad vibes. Everything they said was easy to understand, so there was no confusion. This led to a stress free interview.