UPS Part Time Operations Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UPS Part Time Operations Supervisor Interview Questions

Interviews at UPS

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Battle Creek, MI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Battle Creek, MI) in October 2010.

Interview

Great company and provided all the information I needed to be successful in the interview.

Interview Questions

• why should we hire you instead of the other candidates.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Employee in Defiance, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at UPS (Defiance, OH) in April 2009.

Interview

Essentially you are hired in as an hourly employee. From there on you are watched and evaluated based on your performance. I suggest that if you have a dream to become management, let that be known immediately to your supervisors and or HR. The process can be lengthy and time consuming. Put your best foot forward and try to learn all you can.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. If you choose to become a supervisor or management, count your blessings. Not everyone can just make the cut.

Part Time Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Came in for a building tour and then one interview. Focus of interview was concerning reliable transportation and whether I could commit to at least one full year. This was for a package handler. Got the job which basically anyone will that's not a total fool and then put in letter for supervision 3 months later. Took a simple test on a computer where you rated yourself and responded to scenarios via multiple choice. Anyone with a brain will pass because you just rate yourself the highest and choose the obvious correct answer. There was no interview after that and was promoted 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. For a PT job, the compensation and benefits are very good and all new PT sups get higher stRting salaries than past sups. UPS adjusts for inflation for starting salary but screws existing sups out of raises and gives them jokes of raises. It's not surprising if a new PT sup earns more than one that has been there for 3 years.

Part Time Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UPS in January 2010.

Interview

typically hire from within. There is a 1-2 week class available for new supervisors in which general management guidelines are taught. There is also a 100 question exam which dictates whether or not one is management material; regardless of previous performance. Overall, the management class was useful since the typical method is to throw new supervisors into the operation, and they learn as they go.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not much room for negotiation; it was pretty much take it or leave it.

Part Time Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

I worked hard as a hourly employee, someone took notice and asked me about management. I took the easy MAPP test and in two weeks I was running the Local Sort. No questions, no interview, no other process.

Interview Questions

• No actual interview, the hardest part about being promoted was not being trained.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Nashville, TN) in November 2011.

Interview

1. Online application 2. Tour the facility and a quick question and answer session to find out if this is what you really want to do 3. Interview in person 4. training last 5 days in a class room setting and test and quizzes along with video and computer training 5. work with a trainer side by side for 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• None the questions are straight forward . What can UPS do for you and what can you do for them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation you applied for a job that is set in price and hours

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Portland, OR) in September 2013.

Interview

I started as a part time package handler for about one year and then asked management for a promotion. They directed me to take a test, I passed, and then was offered a part-time operation supervisor position as UPS.

Interview Questions

• What difference can you make to our day to day operations?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation process.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Portland, OR).

Interview

When I was hired into the union, they usually start everyone off with a big tour group of the building and the work floor. Then they educated us on all of the benefits and expectations of the job. After that is was just a one on one interview with a part time HR supervisor. Important key words are safety, power-zone, anything about lifting with your legs, oh and did I say safety?!?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hourly wage was already stated.

Anonymous Employee in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UPS (Rolla, MO) in November 2013.

Interview

Online test, tests critical thinking and management personality. Meet and greet with Center Manager.

Negotiation

NONE

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Dallas, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

It was sort of a mass hire, something they usually don't because they want managers to have the hourly experience first. took a tour of the facility, went through a question and answering process, did a test for basic math and writing skills they want people with college degrees/in college.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work allotted hours and more especially during peak season?   Answer Question