UPS Part Time Operations Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UPS Part Time Operations Supervisor Interview Questions

Interviews at UPS

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Battle Creek, MI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Battle Creek, MI) in October 2010.

Interview

Great company and provided all the information I needed to be successful in the interview.

Interview Questions

• why should we hire you instead of the other candidates.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Part Time Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Applied online and went for a brief interview at human resources. No knowledge based questions were asked. From there had one more "interview" which was more of a tour and a chance to meet my manager. Most training happens on the job

Anonymous Employee in Defiance, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at UPS (Defiance, OH) in April 2009.

Interview

Essentially you are hired in as an hourly employee. From there on you are watched and evaluated based on your performance. I suggest that if you have a dream to become management, let that be known immediately to your supervisors and or HR. The process can be lengthy and time consuming. Put your best foot forward and try to learn all you can.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. If you choose to become a supervisor or management, count your blessings. Not everyone can just make the cut.

Part Time Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Came in for a building tour and then one interview. Focus of interview was concerning reliable transportation and whether I could commit to at least one full year. This was for a package handler. Got the job which basically anyone will that's not a total fool and then put in letter for supervision 3 months later. Took a simple test on a computer where you rated yourself and responded to scenarios via multiple choice. Anyone with a brain will pass because you just rate yourself the highest and choose the obvious correct answer. There was no interview after that and was promoted 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. For a PT job, the compensation and benefits are very good and all new PT sups get higher stRting salaries than past sups. UPS adjusts for inflation for starting salary but screws existing sups out of raises and gives them jokes of raises. It's not surprising if a new PT sup earns more than one that has been there for 3 years.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Dallas, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

It was sort of a mass hire, something they usually don't because they want managers to have the hourly experience first. took a tour of the facility, went through a question and answering process, did a test for basic math and writing skills they want people with college degrees/in college.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work allotted hours and more especially during peak season?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hodgkins, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Hodgkins, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

I sat down with Human Resources and the manager. I took a personality test. It was a pretty up front interview. There weren't tons of questions. They ask you about your goals. They ask about your education. They talk about the schedule that you are interviewing to work on. They also ask if you know anyone who works there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think this would be a good job for you? How do you feel about this being only a part time job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Madison, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

Casual and laidback interview with terminal manager and full time operations supervisor. There was no Human resources personal in the interview . The interview was mostly Basic questions. Terminal manager then Toured the facility after the interview. The interview was about an hour to hour and a half. Approximately 15 questions were asked. The next step was an online screening/personal assessment followed by background check and final offer

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had to multi-task to accomplish a goal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at UPS (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in December 2013.

Interview

I went through a series of internal tests such as loading a highly advanced area with strict time commits. They had me take an internal MAPP test that accessed if my personality was a good fit for the position. This test also accessed my quantitative skills and ability to interpret data.

Interview Questions

• Why are you seeking a promotion?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Boston, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

I took a very easy management assessment test, background check and was offered the job right away. The job is easy to get, however if you don't work out you are just as easily replaced in less than 30 days.

Part Time Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UPS in January 2010.

Interview

typically hire from within. There is a 1-2 week class available for new supervisors in which general management guidelines are taught. There is also a 100 question exam which dictates whether or not one is management material; regardless of previous performance. Overall, the management class was useful since the typical method is to throw new supervisors into the operation, and they learn as they go.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not much room for negotiation; it was pretty much take it or leave it.