UPS Part Time Operations Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UPS Part Time Operations Supervisor Interview Questions

2.1

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Madison, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

Casual and laidback interview with terminal manager and full time operations supervisor. There was no Human resources personal in the interview . The interview was mostly Basic questions. Terminal manager then Toured the facility after the interview. The interview was about an hour to hour and a half. Approximately 15 questions were asked. The next step was an online screening/personal assessment followed by background check and final offer

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had to multi-task to accomplish a goal?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Part Time Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

I worked hard as a hourly employee, someone took notice and asked me about management. I took the easy MAPP test and in two weeks I was running the Local Sort. No questions, no interview, no other process.

Interview Questions

• No actual interview, the hardest part about being promoted was not being trained.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Dallas, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

It was sort of a mass hire, something they usually don't because they want managers to have the hourly experience first. took a tour of the facility, went through a question and answering process, did a test for basic math and writing skills they want people with college degrees/in college.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work allotted hours and more especially during peak season?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Boston, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

I took a very easy management assessment test, background check and was offered the job right away. The job is easy to get, however if you don't work out you are just as easily replaced in less than 30 days.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Portland, OR).

Interview

When I was hired into the union, they usually start everyone off with a big tour group of the building and the work floor. Then they educated us on all of the benefits and expectations of the job. After that is was just a one on one interview with a part time HR supervisor. Important key words are safety, power-zone, anything about lifting with your legs, oh and did I say safety?!?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hourly wage was already stated.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at UPS (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in December 2013.

Interview

I went through a series of internal tests such as loading a highly advanced area with strict time commits. They had me take an internal MAPP test that accessed if my personality was a good fit for the position. This test also accessed my quantitative skills and ability to interpret data.

Interview Questions

• Why are you seeking a promotion?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UPS (Rolla, MO) in November 2013.

Interview

Online test, tests critical thinking and management personality. Meet and greet with Center Manager.

Negotiation

NONE

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Portland, OR) in September 2013.

Interview

I started as a part time package handler for about one year and then asked management for a promotion. They directed me to take a test, I passed, and then was offered a part-time operation supervisor position as UPS.

Interview Questions

• What difference can you make to our day to day operations?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation process.

Anonymous Employee in Doraville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Doraville, GA) in July 2013.

Interview

Apply, Come in for a group tour of the warehouse which involved a q&a afterwards,then there is an Individual interview, then you wait for a call back which happens pretty quickly

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was pretty open

Part Time Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Came in for a building tour and then one interview. Focus of interview was concerning reliable transportation and whether I could commit to at least one full year. This was for a package handler. Got the job which basically anyone will that's not a total fool and then put in letter for supervision 3 months later. Took a simple test on a computer where you rated yourself and responded to scenarios via multiple choice. Anyone with a brain will pass because you just rate yourself the highest and choose the obvious correct answer. There was no interview after that and was promoted 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. For a PT job, the compensation and benefits are very good and all new PT sups get higher stRting salaries than past sups. UPS adjusts for inflation for starting salary but screws existing sups out of raises and gives them jokes of raises. It's not surprising if a new PT sup earns more than one that has been there for 3 years.