UPS Part Time Operations Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UPS Part Time Operations Supervisor Interview Questions

Interviews at UPS

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Battle Creek, MI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Battle Creek, MI) in October 2010.

Interview

Great company and provided all the information I needed to be successful in the interview.

Interview Questions

• why should we hire you instead of the other candidates.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Part Time Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Applied online and went for a brief interview at human resources. No knowledge based questions were asked. From there had one more "interview" which was more of a tour and a chance to meet my manager. Most training happens on the job

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Dallas, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

It was sort of a mass hire, something they usually don't because they want managers to have the hourly experience first. took a tour of the facility, went through a question and answering process, did a test for basic math and writing skills they want people with college degrees/in college.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work allotted hours and more especially during peak season?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Madison, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

Casual and laidback interview with terminal manager and full time operations supervisor. There was no Human resources personal in the interview . The interview was mostly Basic questions. Terminal manager then Toured the facility after the interview. The interview was about an hour to hour and a half. Approximately 15 questions were asked. The next step was an online screening/personal assessment followed by background check and final offer

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had to multi-task to accomplish a goal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hodgkins, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Hodgkins, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

I sat down with Human Resources and the manager. I took a personality test. It was a pretty up front interview. There weren't tons of questions. They ask you about your goals. They ask about your education. They talk about the schedule that you are interviewing to work on. They also ask if you know anyone who works there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think this would be a good job for you? How do you feel about this being only a part time job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at UPS (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in December 2013.

Interview

I went through a series of internal tests such as loading a highly advanced area with strict time commits. They had me take an internal MAPP test that accessed if my personality was a good fit for the position. This test also accessed my quantitative skills and ability to interpret data.

Interview Questions

• Why are you seeking a promotion?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Boston, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

I took a very easy management assessment test, background check and was offered the job right away. The job is easy to get, however if you don't work out you are just as easily replaced in less than 30 days.

Part Time Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UPS in January 2010.

Interview

typically hire from within. There is a 1-2 week class available for new supervisors in which general management guidelines are taught. There is also a 100 question exam which dictates whether or not one is management material; regardless of previous performance. Overall, the management class was useful since the typical method is to throw new supervisors into the operation, and they learn as they go.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not much room for negotiation; it was pretty much take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Portland, OR).

Interview

When I was hired into the union, they usually start everyone off with a big tour group of the building and the work floor. Then they educated us on all of the benefits and expectations of the job. After that is was just a one on one interview with a part time HR supervisor. Important key words are safety, power-zone, anything about lifting with your legs, oh and did I say safety?!?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hourly wage was already stated.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Portland, OR) in September 2013.

Interview

I started as a part time package handler for about one year and then asked management for a promotion. They directed me to take a test, I passed, and then was offered a part-time operation supervisor position as UPS.

Interview Questions

• What difference can you make to our day to day operations?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation process.