Unilever Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Sort:

Contract Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood Cliffs, NJ).

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and received a call for an interview not too long after applying. The interview consisted of very basic questions as the job was temporary and I was coming right out of college. It took about a month and a half to hear back from them.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

I was reached out to over email soon after applying for the position. Scheduled interview with the recruiter on Skype and was ghosted. Followed up twice and heard nothing, not even a rejection or update about the process. Very disappointing and unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood Cliffs, NJ).

Interview

Multiple interviews with directors and managers. Mix of behavioral and case questions.

Interview Questions

• Recently, company X launched a new innovation. Do you think it will be successful and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood Cliffs, NJ).

Interview

I felt very welcome at the headquarters by all the interviewers. The process was very casual, mostly behavioral questions. Lots of questions about my leadership style. No case or difficult technical questions. Before the onsite interview, I had a phone interview with HR, then a Skype interview with the Director of the category.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer questioned me about the category, competitors, etc. in the industry I used to work in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood Cliffs, NJ) in October 2008.

Interview

First contact was a brief phone screen with HR. Once that was completed I was brought in for a full day "Interview super day." It is about 4 personal interviews and then there is a group exercise where you are evaluated when you work in a team with other interviewees to determine your leadership skills and ability to function in a team.

Interview Questions

• Describe your ideal manager.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was quick and simple. I worked with a recruiter and the initial offer was very generous.

Anonymous Employee in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood Cliffs, NJ) in December 2010.

Interview

It was pretty standard. You went through a general phone interview first and then you got to choose to be on-site for a full day interview with diffrent people. There was a group activity that you have to do in a 4-5 people group and have a final presentation at the end.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself   2 Answers
    • Behavioral question related to previous working experience   3 Answers

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Unilever in October 2014.

Interview

Internal hire so had a quick 30 min interview with the Brand Manager. They like to hear about what moves you, what your purpose is. I had already worked in the category so was very familiar with what they were looking for. This was probably not a typical interview as they also needed someone urgently.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? what makes you good for this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Very rigorous super day that included a dinner and overnight stay in Weehawken. 4 30min interviews and a group activity. everyone was friendly however and it was a positive experience, albeit a long one

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unilever in October 2013.

Interview

Lots of behavioral questions and case questions and includes asking you to give multiple examples. Be prepared to explain why you want to go into the CPG industry, why Unilever, and also give examples of your favorite Unilever brand and good brands and bad brands.

Interview Questions

• To give 10 examples of something and then right after give 10 more.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

HR Screen, Phone interview with hiring manager and in person interview with four sr. managers across various business units. Very situational based questions.... tell me about a time. They also asked questions about the total company portfolio, which was challenging to prepare against a wide array of brands

Interview Questions

• If you were a brand what would you be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I should have negotiated more on the base salary.