Unilever Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017
1,052 Interview Reviews

3.2

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

I applied through university in September and had 1 on campus interview for a summer intern position. I heard nothing from them for the entire month and 1 day in October, I got an email from HR indicating that I got an offer.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood, NJ).

Interview

Screener with HR, then spoke to Hiring Manager and met with team on-site. Great team and seemed like interesting work. Very efficient hiring process and HR was friendly and communicative throughout. Was not ultimately offered position but HR responded to requests for updates and did not seem to unnecessarily string candidates along. Would highly recommend Unilever. I appreciated that their hiring process seemed to be fairly efficient and transparent for such a large company.

Associate Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood Cliffs, NJ).

Interview

Interviewed a few months back and our group of candidates were promised by the HR rep that we'd receive timely updates regarding the whole process. Two months went by and I received an email that I am still being considered. Another 3 months went by and still nothing. A generic rejection email or follow up would have been appreciated.

Operations Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

Was found on LinkedIn. Mostly Phone interviews. Doesn't seem like they provide much of an onboarding process which is disappointing. They were typical interview questions. Asked about past employment, what I currently do, how I would rate myself as an employee.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths   1 Answer

R&D Formulation Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trumbull, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Trumbull, CT).

Interview

Very well organized. Applied online, had a digital interview, was invited to the discovery center day with about 20 other intern candidates. Here we met former interns and potential co-workers, worked through two case studies, had an on-site tour, and concluded with one-on-one interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would past experience help you in a job at Unilever?
      Why are you interested in Unilever?   2 Answers

Replenishment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

Applied online, the HR lady called me and we had that 10-15 minutes pre-screen, she said that she'd send my application to the hiring team and let me know, a week and 1/2 I got an email from the HR lady (supper nice lady) to schedule two back to back interviews. She also sent attached some forms about the company, the hiring process, and its time line. Then, to the interviews I went

Interview Questions

• Why Unilever?
      What about the job?
      And behavioral questions.. tell me a time where you had to deliver bad new, how did you approach, what was the impact, and what was the result and business relationship after?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Englewood, NJ).

Interview

There were 4 steps to the interview process. In each step, artificial intelligence your response based on a predetermined criteria. In the first step, you submit your resume and cover letter. In the second, you play mind games. In the third, you have a virtual interview. And in the fourth, you visit the Discovery Center.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle morale problems?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

Panel interview at my university. Interviewers were friendly and asked good questions. The process was smooth and within a month I heard back from Unilever with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Had me rank four different locations from 1 to 4 in terms of where I would want to do internship. I was not familiar with these locations of the country.   Answer Question

SHE Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Suffolk, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Received an email from the human resources recruiter. He asked a few screening questions about my background and qualifications. A few days later he e-mailed me and requested an available time for a phone interview with the factory manager. At the agreed upon day and time the factory manager called me and asked several standard questions. She told me about the company and the position. She told me then that she wanted to meet me in person and told me about the next step in the process. I was to meet at the factory for a face to face, a panel interview and a tour. On the day of the face to face, I was greeted at the door by the factory manager and taken to a room for the first of three interview sessions. The first person was unprepared for the interview so we basically chatted about the job and the company. Next was the tour of the factory by the quality assurance manager. Then I met with a panel of three managers; engineering, maintenance and production. The panel consisted of prepared interview questions, each manager took turns asking. Following that was the one-on-one interview with the HR manager, mostly more standard questions and the benefits sales pitch. I spent only a few minutes with the factory manager for leaving, she gave me the opportunity for feedback and followup questions about the factory and the position. A few days later I got a call from the recruiter telling me that they were going to continue interviews with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a situation where you successfully implemented a change that improved the safety of the facility.   1 Answer

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unilever in March 2017.

Interview

Bottom Line - The recruiter failed to follow up as promised.

Received an email form the recruiter asking to schedule a phone interview. Replied back and set up a phone interview the next day. After completing the interview the recruiter stated that I would be contacted the following Monday or Tuesday. Months later and still not a single bit of feedback.

If you don't intend to provide feedback than DO NOT say that you will. This is the number one reason why recruiters get a bad reputation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wish to work here?   1 Answer