VMware UI Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 27, 2017

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Very slow in responding to your emails. First phone discussion happened after 2 weeks submission. Then after 2.5 called to scheduled on-site interview. After 2 weeks they said they will "Pass"

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied on company`s site and then a telephonic interview took place. Based on that I was called for a face to face round in their bangalore office.
    There were two technical rounds: first was more towards technology and the second one was algorithms based.
    I felt the basic etiquette was missing of how to conduct an interview. How the interviewer should conduct the interview. The first interviewer opened up his laptop and for asking questions he used to refer to it. He attended call twice in between the interview. Even for some of the answers he used to check the browser console and internet. What I felt was he was not at all comfortable with Angular because that was the primary technology for which the job was meant. In total there were only 3 questions which were asked and again out of those one was based on angularjs. Additionally, both of them wanted to know why I am planning to switch the company. I think this is something which a manager or HR should ask.
    Coming to the HR, when I contacted the HR, I was told that within 5 mins she will share the feedback which never happened.
    "Interview is a process and I feel the interviewer should be as indulgent as the HR during the time of the interview."

Interview Questions

• HTML5 related questions - DOCTYPE, semantic tags.
      Few output based questions included promises.
      Arrow functions and destructuring.
      Closure.
      isolated scope in directives.
      directive vs component.