VMware Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2,124 of over 2,124.0 interviews

Recruiter21%
Employee Referral21%
HardAverageEasy

VMware

Application

I interviewed at VMware

Interview

Multiple interview process. I believe it was 3 and the hardest is the technical one. This first one is about 30 minutes the next is an hour then a panel interview.

Interview Questions
  • What is a protocol and what is the difference between converged and hyper converged
    Answer Question

VMware

Application

I interviewed at VMware

Interview

Initial Phone Interview with Recruiter, then two more rounds with hiring manager and team members. Overall pretty smooth and great conversations with all interviewers. Process was a bit slow and took about 1-2 months to complete all interviews.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about VMware

Join the conversation on

Tech

203.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=VMware~12830
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Boston, MA)

Interview

Great interview process. Met with 3 different positions up the chain of command in chronological order. Very informative answers to my questions. Very professional but also friendly. Offer came very quickly after the final interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time that you overcame a challenge? Other behavioral questions.

VMware

Application

I interviewed at VMware

Interview

smooth, people very professional and explaining the interview process and the next steps in details. the recruiters are so friendly to a level where you dont feel that you are stressed in anyway.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Bangalore) in May 2022

Interview

Multiple recruiters reached out to me for multiple profiles at once, and I was not sure which profile I was interviewing for. After I cleared the first round, next 3 rounds were scheduled, and HR kept changing the schedule without even consulting with me. After the second round I was told my feedback was not positive. In all honesty, instead of being disappointed, I was relieved by it

Interview Questions
  • Went through 2 rounds, both were template interviews i.e. typical DS and algo question(i.e leetcode), which are generally irrelevant to the work you have done or you will ever do. 1. First round was a problem about breaking the palindrome 2. In Second round, find the top 10 searched products in last 1 hour, wherein you are getting an event stream of searched products

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX) in May 2022

Interview

Received email from recruiter asking for my availability as the interview process will consist of 4 interviews with different managers. Upon the first interview I realized that the recruiter told me the wrong role that I was interviewing for, what a way to drop the ball. Second interview seem to go well, sort of quick and straight to the point. The following morning after the second interview I receive an email that things moved really fast and a hire was made. After spending time preparing and clearing my schedule from my current job they just cancel everything, I expected more from a company like VMware.

Interview Questions
  • How do you start your day when your schedule is clear?

VMware

Application

I interviewed at VMware

Interview

Several steps / interviews with DM, RVP & SVP which included an additional whiteboard pitch. Overall very thorough interview process but fair. The whiteboard session probably separated those who wanted it from those who didn't as it was 45min long. I really think that it was because I put so much prep into this that I landed the job

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VMware (Pune)

Interview

it was waste of time , arrogant engineer manager, not clear on requirement and future path, online coding test technical interview 1 coding, technical interview 2 coding, technical interview 3 design manager discussion

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

VMware

Application

I interviewed at VMware

Interview

First round- Online test next it was Second round- GD next it was Third round- Technical interview next it was Fourth round- Managerial round next it was Last round- HR interview Overall experience was good

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

VMware

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware

Interview

One of the worst interviews I've had. The recruiter was rude, disrespectful, pushy in getting confidential info from me. It says a lot about this company. Glad didn't join the company.

Interview Questions
  • How much was your quota, how much revenue you generated from each specific account (they forced you to name the names and provide actual numbers for each), that represent what percentage of the revenue growth from this account and that account... They shouldn't have asked such quesetions.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,124 Interviews

VMware Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at VMware as 62.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.03 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Member Of Technical Staff and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Technical Support Engineer and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at VMware takes an average of 27 days when considering 1,625 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Software Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 15 days), whereas Intern roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 21 days).

Common stages of the interview process at VMware according to 1,625 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 28.89%