VMware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA) in September 2019.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter online through Piazza, then went through a brief screening process. They sent an online coding assessment with 3 multiple choice questions (CS topics) and 3 coding problems. After getting through that, I was invited to their Atlanta location to undergo a series of interviews (4 total, each a mixture of technical and behavioral questions).

Interview Questions

• Given two balanced binary trees, tree A and tree B, determine if B is a subset of A. Tree A has a very large number of nodes (e.g., 1 million), and tree B has a much smaller amount of nodes (e.g., 1000).   2 Answers

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

I had a phone screen with a recruiter. The next step in the interview process was a video call with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was super friendly!

Interview Questions

• What is your process with any tech companies you've worked with in letting customers know about an upgrade or new product launch?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

Interviewed over 6 weeks with 4 different engineer. Pretty easy questions.
    The recruiter was really really bad though. Unresponsive to emails for weeks on end. Got ghosted by her after 2+ weeks

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

Whole process took about 2 1/2 weeks. Only had two interviews. Faced system design questions, resume questions, questions specific to what the role was looking for. Given code what does it output. General technical questions.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware in April 2020.

Interview

I applied online & received an email from a recruiter asking for my availability. After responding to her email I didn't receive any response for 2 weeks. I followed up consistently and finally one day she responded & set up the call. However, the on-call recruiter seemed least interested & just asked if I have experience in Linux. I had a partial experience. She said it is mandatory as hiring managers are looking for it & rejected my application.

Interview Questions

• Do you have specific experience in Linux   1 Answer

Senior Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at VMware (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

30 min introduction call, was smooth and helpful to better understand the role objectives and how one could align. They do well at prepping you before with an outline

Interview Questions

• Describe current role, what are you looking for, sales experience   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

They scheduled a telephonic interview. Them Rescheduled that stating non availability of the panel. In second time, I waited for 15min in the call but nobody joined. Didn't get any response from recruiter also.
    Please respect the time given by the candidates from there schedules.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware in March 2020.

Interview

Due to COVID-19, it was all virtual. The interview process was supposed to be on campus but they made it work with Zoom.
    I found out about the position through a club I belong to on school; the club sent out an email linking to the application and a Google survey. Received an invitation from the recruiter via email for an info session about the company a few days later.
    An info session was held two days before the interview date. Then you were scheduled for two back-to-back interviews with two different team members on the day of the interview. First interview was talking about your experiences and verifying information such as graduation date. Second interview was the coding interview. Both were done through Zoom.
    The recruiter that I corresponded to during the entire process worked pretty fast; I received my offer a few hours after the interviews despite the info session saying the results will be emailed next week and got everything signed four days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe your prior internship experiences.   1 Answer

Colleague Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

I recently interviewed for the Colleague Support Engineer role at VMware in the Bay Area.  The interview process took about 4 weeks and had 3 rounds. First-round was a phone call with the recruiter for 30 minutes. The second round was a 45 minutes call with the hiring manager. The last round was 2 video calls with team members.
    Even though I didn't get this an offer for this role, my overall experience was very positive so I wanted to write a review. William Thomas, the recruiter for this role made the entire process very pleasant and organized. He went above and beyond to update me and keep me in the loop during the entire process.
    After hearing the news that I did not get the position, William personally scheduled time to provide me feedback over the phone. The gesture highlighted the culture of VMware and how much they care about the candidates and their employees.
    It was one of the best experiences I have had during an interview. I will definitely try to apply again in the future.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about my previous experience/job on how I solved technical problems.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

The process was repetitive. Many steps were the same. I had multiple people asking me the same yes or no questions. My interviewer had been with the company less than 2 weeks and could not tell me much about the company. She was woefully unprepared, running late, somewhat rude. She interrupted my answers multiple times. I was asked questions that were geared towards another internship.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with missing data?   2 Answers

SWE Interview

Interview

Went over resume in some detail and they inquired me about the ways in case of crisis and service malfunctioning. Wanted to know whether I had experience coding at a real corporation.

Interview Questions

• Traversing the BST
      Questions about using AWS services   1 Answer