VMware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Reston, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

HR call, Skype Interview, Phone interview. That's it.

Not too many technical questions. The company wants to hire qualified as well as great people.

Just be yourself and make an impression. Of course it is vital to answer questions eloquently and demonstrate your competence as a candidate. That is a given, but beyond that you need to be remembered to be considered for any position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond the realm of your responsibilities.   1 Answer
    • Complete this sentence with one word. As a consultant, my job is to ______   2 Answers
    • Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

VSphere Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

I submitted my resume online. I was offered a total of three interviews and they got progressively harder. They were mostly data structure type questions with some searching algorithm type questions as well.

Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX).

Interview

I was head hunted by them, went through 5 interviews and they went dark on me. No follow up; no response. Really unprofessional. I even emailed to follow up and received nothing. After 5 interviews, the least they could do is send an email.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

They would hold four rounds onsite mostly in open area. In each round, there would be one-on-one interview with probably a manager of each team that is hiring. They either ask you to write on paper or whiteboard. You will discuss about your projects.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me regarding an opportunity with NSX team and asked me to complete a Hackerrank online assessment. There were tight deadlines to complete the assessment. 2 days later, the recruiter told me that I am invited to a hiring event that's happening over a couple of days. There is no option to reschedule the interview, whatever the reason may be and however genuine your reason may be. On the day of the on-site interview, all the candidates are taken to a room initially and get the introduction of the team, it's members and the interview process. The other candidates may/may not be of the same experience level as you. They said that they are hiring for multiple positions, but I am not sure if the experience factor comes in place while judging because it is the same set of people who interview everyone. I had 3 rounds of interviews onsite. 2 of them were nice, friendly and helpful. The last round interviewer was very rude and was easily getting annoyed at little things like an unclear curly brace in the code. It is demotivating when the interviewer looks pissed off and speaks louder than usual showing his frustration.

Interview Questions

• 1) Given a row of seats in a theater, find out the maximum number of people that you can fit in the available seats with a given condition that a seat is eligible for occupancy only if the seats to it's left and right are empty?
      2) Convert a BST to a doubly linked list. And some questions about past work, networking and memory management.
      3) Given portID from 1 - 4K, write 2 apis ,PortID PortID_alloc() that returns a portId and void PortID_free(PortID id) that frees the given port and makes it available for reuse. A lot of questions on Networking and kernel.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I asked an employee to refer me, first I got an OA to finish.
    The oa is quite hard, but I got the onsite chance.
    The onsite questions are all from leetcode, and all hard questions, you should prepare a lot for that.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

This was the online screening interview question. This was a 75 minutes interview. I was asked to answer three questions. This was a referral from a friend. The recruiter demanded to do this online interview as soon as possible.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Simple, fast and efficient process. Expected questions about your previous experience in general, what you learned, what impact you made and what you contributed. There were 4 people all-together who interviewed. Overall a great experience

Interview Questions

• A time when something you did made a huge impact in customer decision.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Interview

Flight to houston, talk to the team member, manager and director. Go out for lunch. Have right vince be back soon but vince but but now new so vans xiao by back vince Xbox back

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via email. She helped me set up a time for an on campus interview. The interview was mainly technical but they did talk about my resume and did ask me why I want to work at VMware.

Systems Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Charlottesville, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a HR worker. She originally called me to talk about the position and what the interview process would entail. The interview process consisted of two 30 minute phone interviews, each with a different person at VMware. They were about a week apart.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourseld   1 Answer
    • What skills have you acquired that will make you successful in the position you are applying for?   1 Answer