VMware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Reston, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

HR call, Skype Interview, Phone interview. That's it.

Not too many technical questions. The company wants to hire qualified as well as great people.

Just be yourself and make an impression. Of course it is vital to answer questions eloquently and demonstrate your competence as a candidate. That is a given, but beyond that you need to be remembered to be considered for any position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond the realm of your responsibilities.   1 Answer
    • Complete this sentence with one word. As a consultant, my job is to ______   2 Answers
    • Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

I was brought in to interview for what I was told was a community manager position, which sounded right up my alley. My first impression when I got there was that the office looked like a sweatshop - hundreds of bodies in a single room (which apparently used to be a trading room floor), crammed together, with no personal space. I interviewed with two people who apparently didn't even know what position I was being interviewed for. Then I was told "We are looking for writers." Well that's funny, since I was told something totally different by the recruiter. Complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Being told that I was not, in fact, there to interview for the position they originally told me I was a candidate for.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter and had a 15 minute phone screening with her. Next had a 30 minute Skype interview with higher positioned employee. Had a third interview with a senior HR manager that was remote. First two interviews were enjoyable, but the last one was difficult. The senior HR came off as someone who has worked there too long and does not enjoy the company structure.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite hobby? What is your experience with social media?   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware in July 2010.

Interview

It was a long, long process. They were extremely slow with their offer and I had to get a job to make ends meet in the mean time during this process. Kept saying this will be your start date and it would get pushed a few days, a week, two weeks. It was extremely frustrating.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quick and standard.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at VMware (Denver, CO) in October 2011.

Interview

I heard back from HR the day after I submitted my resume online. I had a brief telephone interview; my in person interview was scheduled at the same time for the next week. However, after taking the time to visit their office, still not sure why they interviewed me. It was obvious that they had already selected a candidate. Never heard back from the hiring manager or HR after in person interview. Nothing at all.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware in March 2018.

Interview

HR call, senior consultant phone interview 1, senior consultant phone interview 2, and then video call by hiring manager. The HR call was to talk about the position (not actually an "interview"). The remaining three interviews questioned your personality and character. They want to hire really good people who will fit into the company culture. Definitely do your research on EPIC2 values and impress them with that. They are a great company looking for great people - be yourself and always be honest. They asked me if I was ready to lead a team, and I answered no, but the interviewer appreciated me for being honest.

Interview Questions

• Subnet, modem, router, active directory/DNS, switches   Answer Question
    • Best and worst team experience   Answer Question
    • What are the EPIC2 values? Which one resonates best with you?   Answer Question
    • What does VMware do? Why do you want to work here? Why are you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question
    • Career goals and how you expect to achieve them   Answer Question
    • Have you done your absolute best at school? What is something you wish your university would have offered if you could go back in time?   Answer Question
    • What motivates you?   Answer Question
    • Most important thing/quality about a consultant? Why do you want to be a consultant?   Answer Question
    • Why do you like technology?   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Reston, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

The process consisted of an initial interview with the HR recruiter then was followed by two interviews from different Directors of Architecture over the next couple weeks. All of the interviews seemed to go well and was under the impression that I would be a good fit. However, was told via an email that they would not be moving forward. Even after emailing asking for feedback I was given no explanation as to why. Additionally, the position seemed rather new and I was given very different answers from the interviewers about what the role of the job would actually be.

Interview Questions

• What is your current knowledge about VMware? How would you go about solving a general customer problem?   1 Answer

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

I went through a process that included six separate interviews, four interviews over the phone, a Webex presentation. The final interview included a face to face interview which lasted maybe 30 to 35 minutes at the VMware office. After a few weeks of going back and forth with the recruiter about a status. I was finally was told that I was not a good fit because I didn't have enough experience, even though this was marketed as an internship type position and I have two plus years of experience with various VMware technologies and VMware certifications.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background and experience   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware in August 2014.

Interview

Very bad experience with VMware. I took the phone interview on Aug. They gave me an onsite on Sep. 18th. 10 days before the onsite, they send me an email and told me they have to remove me from the onsite since they realize I am a new graduate student. I have to cancle my ticked and reschedule all my other interview

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VMware in September 2014.

Interview

30 min phone screen and a 4.5 hour full loop interview; mostly technical coding questions and some SOAR stories; The first 3 rounds were full coding and with hiring manager it was mostly explaining projects and design questions.

Interview Questions

• Design a smart pointer class   1 Answer