Mechanical engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for mechanical engineering

Mechanical engineering Interview Questions

mechanical engineering interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

You are in a boat in a pool with a rock in your hand. You throw the rock into the pool. Does the water level rise, drop, or stay the same?

14 Answers

depends on how big the pool is and how accurately you can measure the water rise

you're already in the pool with the rock, so the water displaced is the same...this other guy is stupid

If the rock were neutrally buoyant the water level would remain the same. It is heavier than water which causes it to displace more than its own volume while in the boat compared to at the bottom of the lake. Therefore the water level of the lake would go down.

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

How would you determine how many pianos are in a given town. Problem solving, describing interest in company, interest in major, past projects worked on, work experience.

3 Answers

How do you conduct analysis of a system/customer site to determine what kind of solutions can be implemented

3 Answers

What was a time when you struggled

2 Answers

A ping pong ball falls in to a pipe with a close fit within a room. On a desk is a hammer and a box of Wheaties. You must remove the ball without damaging it or the pipe.

2 Answers

Recruiter asked basic background and experience questions easily available on my resume, never got to the second interview for whatever reason is beyond me.

2 Answers

Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult person

1 Answer

How would you calculate the heat loss across a radiator?

general mechanical technical questions

2 Answers

There were no questions that meet your criteria

1 Answer