Programmer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Programmer Interview Questions

Programmers are responsible for developing code to build products. In an interview context, expect to be quizzed on your technical skills through different kinds of computing problems or brainteasers. The specific questions you are asked will depend on what type of programming position you are looking for. Try researching a specific discipline such as web development, application development, or system development.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How many tries would it take to successfully choose a randomly-picked number from between 1 and 1000?

2 Answers

I didn't know, but I vainly tried to get it. Just keep picking a median number (500, 250, 125, etc.) until you get it right.

log2(1000) = log 1000 / log 2 ~= 10

What is the most used Java class?

1 Answer

Tell me about an experience where you were forced to handle a conflict, and what was the outcome

2 Answers

How many square feet of pizza is eaten in the US each year?

27 Answers

Assume there is a method provided getNextperson() which gives Person objects which have comparable interface implemented, now read from a file records and sort it and give first 1000 records, write code on the paper

5 Answers

How do you find the max depth of a binary tree?

5 Answers

Write code to return a sorted array of int, when passed in 2 sorted array of int to the method.

4 Answers

Honestly, there wasn't a strange or hard question at all - it was a personal referral and since i had knowledge of the job, it wasn't an issue with her.

3 Answers

Implement a method to perform basic string compression using the counts of repeated characters. "aabcccc" becomes "2a1b4c".

3 Answers

I was given a logic question where you have 5 balls. One of the balls is heavier than the others. What's the fewest number of times you have to compare weights to figure out which ball is heavier.

4 Answers