Programmer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Programmer

Programmer Interview Questions

Programmers are responsible for developing code to build products. In an interview context, expect to be quizzed on your technical skills through different kinds of computing problems or brainteasers. The specific questions you are asked will depend on what type of programming position you are looking for. Try researching a specific discipline such as web development, application development, or system development.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Tell me about an experience where you were forced to handle a conflict, and what was the outcome

2 Answers

I mentioned a conflict with a teacher, and was truthful about the outcome, regardless of it's neutral (not positive or negative) tone

I gave an example of a conflict I had with a team member who was not carrying his weight in a group project. In these kinds of questions make sure to focus on your communication skills in being able to diffuse the issue and coming to a positive or neutral solution. For me, I had an honest conversation with the team member and gave him a chance to explain his situation (didn't want to jump to conclusions). Then we worked together to form a plan to ensure he met deadlines.

How many tries would it take to successfully choose a randomly-picked number from between 1 and 1000?

2 Answers

What is the most used Java class?

1 Answer

How many square feet of pizza is eaten in the US each year?

27 Answers

Why did I want to work for the company.

27 Answers

Assume there is a method provided getNextperson() which gives Person objects which have comparable interface implemented, now read from a file records and sort it and give first 1000 records, write code on the paper

7 Answers

How do you find the max depth of a binary tree?

5 Answers

Write code to return a sorted array of int, when passed in 2 sorted array of int to the method.

5 Answers

I was given a logic question where you have 5 balls. One of the balls is heavier than the others. What's the fewest number of times you have to compare weights to figure out which ball is heavier.

4 Answers

How would you cut a rectangular cake into two equal pieces when a rectangular piece has already been cut out of it? The cut piece can be of any size and orientation. You are only allowed to make one straight cut.

3 Answers