Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions

Quantitative analyst interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What's the best unbiased estimator for a series random variables?

3 Answers

I guess it is just a Gaussian distribution (Normal dist.). Since it has the smallest uncertainty (from quantum point of view) or variance.

I guess it is just a Gaussian distribution (Normal dist.), since it has the smallest uncertainty (from quantum point of view) or variance.

It is the OLS estimator (with Gauss-Markov approximations and normality), by Fisher's theorem on Maximum Likelihood Estimators.

You have 2 decks of cards (each deck contains both red and black cards). One deck has twice the number of cards in the other deck with the same color ration (so one deck has 52 cards and the other has 104, both half red and half black). I offer you to play a game. First you get to chose which deck of cards you want to play with. Second, you draw 2 cards at random from your deck of choice. If both are red, then I will give you a ferarri. Which deck of cards would you chose?

9 Answers

What is the probability of breaking a stick into 3 pieces and forming a triangle?

8 Answers

how many combinations that have at least one five from zero to 1000

6 Answers

2. In an urn you have red and blue balls (same number of balls in each of the two colors). You extract 3 balls what is the probability that the number of balls you have extracted is odd. Now you extract 10 balls, what is the probability that the number of balls you have extracted is odd?

6 Answers

The price of a stock is $10 now. It has .6 prob. increasing to 12 and .4 prob. going down to 8. Interest rate is 0. What's the value of a call option with strike $10?

8 Answers

From (0,0,0) to (3,3,3) in 3D space how many paths are there if we move only right, forward or up?

6 Answers

What is the probability of a Brownian motion hit 1 before hitting -2. The Brownian motion starts at 0.

6 Answers

If 3 of my friends have phone numbers ending (last four digits) in some permutation of 0,1,4, and 9 and I have 150 friends, then is that just a chance occurance?

7 Answers

66 handshakes occur at a party how many people at a party if everyone shakes hands with everyone else.

110 of 530 Interview Questions