Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Quantitative Analyst

Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions

Quantitative analyst interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What's the best unbiased estimator for a series random variables?

5 Answers

I guess it is just a Gaussian distribution (Normal dist.). Since it has the smallest uncertainty (from quantum point of view) or variance.

I guess it is just a Gaussian distribution (Normal dist.), since it has the smallest uncertainty (from quantum point of view) or variance.

It is the OLS estimator (with Gauss-Markov approximations and normality), by Fisher's theorem on Maximum Likelihood Estimators.

You observe a sample of measurements coming from a fixed length ruler. If the object is shorter than the ruler you observe the actual measurement. Otherwise you observe the length of the ruler. What would be a good estimator of the ruler length?

17 Answers

You have 2 decks of cards (each deck contains both red and black cards). One deck has twice the number of cards in the other deck with the same color ration (so one deck has 52 cards and the other has 104, both half red and half black). I offer you to play a game. First you get to chose which deck of cards you want to play with. Second, you draw 2 cards at random from your deck of choice. If both are red, then I will give you a ferarri. Which deck of cards would you chose?

13 Answers

A coin was flipped 1000 times and there were 560 (not sure if this was the number) heads, do you think the coin is biased? What if it was only flipped 10 times and there were 6 heads?

11 Answers

What is the probability of breaking a stick into 3 pieces and forming a triangle?

8 Answers

Expected number of flipping coins of getting two consecutive faces.

8 Answers

The price of a stock is $10 now. It has .6 prob. increasing to 12 and .4 prob. going down to 8. Interest rate is 0. What's the value of a call option with strike $10?

8 Answers

From (0,0,0) to (3,3,3) in 3D space how many paths are there if we move only right, forward or up?

7 Answers

66 handshakes occur at a party how many people at a party if everyone shakes hands with everyone else.

9 Answers

You call the home of a family w/ two children and a kid "billy" answers the phone. What is the probability that both children are boys? What is a virtual constructor in C++?

7 Answers