Reliability Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Reliability Engineer Interview Questions

Reliability engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

classic fermi problem. estimate some value making some approximations.

2 Answers

read "how would you read mount fuji" for practical examples.

The correct title of that very useful book is "How Would You Move Mount Fuji? Microsoft's Cult of the Puzzle - How the World's Smartest Company Selects the Most Creative Thinkers." It's available from Amazon - and I guess the question now is which company - MS or Google - owns that prestigious "smartest company" mantle!

Describe on a scale of 1 to 10 your familiarity with systems administration. Followup: which system call returns inode information? What signal does the "kill" command send by default ? How many IP addresses are usable on a /23 network. Can you describe a connection setup in TCP

3 Answers

You need to distribute a terabyte of data from a single server to 10,000 nodes, and then keep that data up to date. It takes several hours to copy the data just to one server. How would you do this so that it didn't take 20,000 hours to update all the servers? Also, how would you make sure that the file wasn't corrupted during the copy?

4 Answers

Are you willing to sign this NDA which includes a clause that we know is broken by most of our applicants but we don't sue them for?

1 Answer

Do you know what you're doing?

1 Answer

Describe a time in which you had to handle a difficult situation and what was the outcome?

1 Answer

I didn't expected questions about my research but was pleasantly surprised. The questions were more on how I think about a problem and my approach to problem solving outside the box. Some of the questions were quite complicated but I enjoyed every one of them.

1 Answer

Something related to IV curve. Don't remember.

1 Answer

In the second stage a phone interview the following situation was presented: You have 5 Apache web servers sitting behind a load balancer. They are pegged as far as load and are not responding to page requests within agreed to SLAs. Tell me the steps you'd take to debug the problem.

1 Answer

Classic questions of engineering formulas

110 of 290 Interview Questions