Product engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Product engineer Interview Questions

1,593

product engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What are the different ways you can you tell if this part is steel or aluminium.

4 Answers

Simply by using a magnet, Steel has metallic properties, and the magnet will connect. Aluminium will do nothing.

Many stainless steel alloys are not magnetic, so if your magnet is attracted to the material you will definitely know it is steel, but if it doesn't you will not know what the material is.

Simple methods would be density (feeling the mass of the object), surface finish (color, texture). If coated that may give you the answer i.ie anodized would indicate aluminium. For more information I would go for EDX( Energy-dispersive X-ray spectroscopy) and possible a cross section to look at the grain structure.

What are 5 different variables of a coil spring you can change to affect spring force?

3 Answers

If you have a cantilevered beam with a load at the unsupported end, what can you change about the beam to mitigate the effect of the load.

4 Answers

Have you ever stopped a line for a quality issue and how did you go about it? Can you provide examples.

1 Answer

Tell me about a decision you made that was wrong, what did you do to fix it?

1 Answer

If you and a large brick are in a boat floating in a pool, will the water level rise or fall when the brick is tossed into the water? What if the brick is a large piece of Styrofoam and thrown into the water?

6 Answers

You have 5kg of Aluminum and 5kg of Steel. You can make whatever cross section beam you want with these materials. If you have to make a cantilever beam 1m long with a load at the end. And you want to minimize the deflection. What material would you use?

6 Answers

The most unexpected question was to write a program that would take a 3x3 matrix and move around the values. [[1 2 3][4 5 6][7 8 9]] -> [[9 8 7][6 5 4][3 2 1]] like this.

5 Answers

If I have a solid rod and hollow rod with the same mass and I let them slide in a ramp. Which one reaches the bottom first and why?

5 Answers

If I need to make a cantilever beam 1mm thick and I only have 0.5mm sheet stock. How can I make a beam that has the same properties as the 1mm.

110 of 1,593 Interview Questions