Quality Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Quality Engineer Interview Questions

"As a quality engineer you will be expected by your employer to have the critical thinking skills, data analysis skills, and business quality knowledge to develop quality tools, systems, and processes that ensure product quality from start to finish. In an interview you can expect to be asked about your IT experience, knowledge of enterprise architectures, software engineering background, and understanding of quality improvement techniques. Because quality engineering is based heavily in software development, you can expect to be asked multiple technical programming questions."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Hypothetical question: you have a team of ten software developers that have worked on a product for 5 years. They now have to develop a new version of this application but only have 3 months to develop and test it. What would the QA estimate be?

2 Answers

This was my favorite question as it completely illustrated how bad these guys were at interviewing. I began to ask the manager that asked the question for more information and he snapped back at me " You have all the information you need!" Really? He might as well have asked me how much it costs to build a house. Because the answer would be the same - "I need more info and detail in order to give you my estimate". Any QA worth their salt will asks tons of questions in order to understand what it is they are working on. In the end I told the panel that if I had worked on the product or similar products I would base my estimate on prior experience. If I had no prior experience I would research historical metrics from similar projects and also discuss those historical project actual development/test hours with other QA and developers to come up with an estimate.

I said "Rather than answering with the standard 'I will need more information' 'lets make it less hypothetical. "'Before I can give you an answer I will need to gather more information from your people'. This gives the interviewer an out when they don't have any additional information, and you the chance to get the information you need" Converting from 'Hypothetical' to 'Real' helped make my answer stand out from other candidates. It also made it harder for the interviewer to return with the Hypothetical "you have all the information you need"

If you had a great idea to implement something new for a CA software product but management wouldn't take your word on it, how would you convince management to go along with your idea?

1 Answer

Have you ever stopped a line for a quality issue and how did you go about it? Can you provide examples.

1 Answer

Reverse a string

9 Answers

input string = aabbbccccaaa, maintain the insertion order and output should be a2b3c4a3

9 Answers

From a given list of array (Not sorted) find the second largest value Find the prime numbers from the given list of array (1 -100) Test plan for Amazon login screen

10 Answers

find the largest sum of consecutive integers in an array

7 Answers

Give an array of Integer which contain duplicate number from 1-100, how to count how many distinct number you have?

7 Answers

Typical coding question of how to determine if a string is a palindrome

7 Answers

Write a function in any language that will print "AN" if a number is divisible by 8, "ANIM" if divisible by 16 and "ANIMAL" if divisible by 32.

5 Answers