Process engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Process engineer Interview Questions

2,524

Process engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Explain a situation where you had to navigate a difficult political landscape.

3 Answers

I explained some issues on my current project.

I described my situation when I first entered my last job. The established members of my team weren't very receptive to new authority but I was able to show them the respect and support that they needed in order to gain their trust and make a great work environment.

Stick to the FACTS.

can you decrease one liquid temprature fromm 100oC to 20 oC but room temprature is 25 oC

6 Answers

Behavioral questions: 1. What's your greatest weakness? 2. When you have a disagreement with your supervisor/adviser, how do you react? 3. Have you had any hands-on experiences of trouble shooting a machine/tool? What did you do? 4. What can you contribute to Intel? Technical questions: 1. Describe a situation where you have had to overcome a problem or obstacle in order to move forward with something. What did you do? 2. Tell me about a problem that you've solved in a unique or innovative way. What was the outcome? Were you happy or satisfied with it? 3. What is your biggest challenge during your research, and how did you overcome this challenge? 4. How does a SEM work? Show me a diagram. 5. Draw me a CVD diagram and explain how the system works. 6. If a CVD system has a much higher pressure than the set point, how will you trouble shoot the problem? 7. If you receive a data set showing a film uniformity, how will you check the machine?

5 Answers

Do you have any questions for me?

3 Answers

The first question I was asked by a team of 3 employee interviewers was, "What do you think this job would be?" Because I had studied the job description, I could give a pretty decent answer; but at NO point do they ever describe any aspect of the job to you. Two of the interviewers were OK, but the third guy grilled me to an inch of my life. He even asked me what a certain acronym was for a particular industry organization and one of the other interviewing employees said that "even he didn't know what those letters stood for." I was not offered a plant tour after traveling several hundred miles and I had to ask for one. I might add after over a 2 months process of applying an interviewing I was turned down for the job and the explanation I got from my recruiter was that Nordam felt that I had the academic background, knowledge and theory to do the job, but that I didn't fit their "overall requirement." At NO point in two months was I ever given any hint as to what would be required from me - AT NO POINT. It does seem to me that Nordam did everything in their power to make me miserable for this interview and then they turn me down. Yes, I am bitter; but I was nothing but polite and accommodating throughout the interview process. I even sent thank you e-mails and thank you notes by snail mail to each interviewer. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! DO NOT INTERVIEW WITH THEM!!! You will be wasting your time, I promise. I might add that if Nordam was testing behavior of a person, they went about it through cockeyed methods. A behavioral test would tell them much more than one interviewer making subjective conclusions about someone they forced to have little to no sleep before the interview and didn't offer any hospitality to whatsoever. I wouldn't treat an animal, they way I was treated.

3 Answers

A batch of wafers are getting cleaned in acid, aqueous and drying environments and a technician calls you in the middle of the night reporting that the wafers are having an unusual number of defects. How do solve the problem and what advice do you give the technician?

3 Answers

If an ice cube melts in water, does the water level rise or fall? Explain with details.

3 Answers

If you're stuck in the middle of nowhere with a broken down car, how can you determine what the problem is?

3 Answers

Why are you passionate about working with us?

3 Answers

tell me about a conflict you had at work

110 of 2,524 Interview Questions