Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Supervisor Interview Questions

Employers are looking to hire supervisors that can effectively lead others in order to ensure the quality, production, and sale of their products. Be prepared to showcase your leadership and people management skills in planning projects, mentoring team members, and providing support. You may be asked to answer situational questions such as how you would take accountability for your subordinate's actions or help motivate a discouraged team member.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision without all the information you needed to make the decision. What was the decision and what was the outcome.

7 Answers

That is a very good question. I don't have an answer, can we come back to this one at the end? Once we came back to it I answered with having to decide whether to schedule weekend O.T. by 7am Thursday when much more relevant information typically comes in between 7:30am Thursday to close of business Fridays.

When I don't have all the information I need to make a decision, I try to pool my resources and gather information. Do some research, ask other employees, so that I can be as educated as possible going into the decision. Then I trust my leadership skills and if the outcome is not as expected, I would try to make further decisions that could help the situation.

I was asked how much lean and safety experience I had.

Do you enjoy working with people and are you able to handle people in a problematic situation?

2 Answers

Have you ever fired anyone

2 Answers

How would you handle the following situation: You and your supervisor are not agreeing on a path forward what would you do.

2 Answers

Describe a time you had to deal with a unproductive emplyee

2 Answers

Explain a time when you did not agree with your director about a policy?

2 Answers

How to deal with staff out of control

1 Answer

How would I plan to measure inventory turns and negotiate cost savings on purchases?

1 Answer

What are the most important skills of a leader?

1 Answer

What is instrumentation Amplifier (IA) and what are all the advantages?

110 of 9,946 Interview Questions