Quest Diagnostics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2017

2.6

Specimen Processing Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Horsham, PA).

Interview

Back in the day you had to take a typing test at Corporate before the actual interview.
    Came in around 10PM to the lab and interviewed with a Supervisor and Specimen Processing Manager. They take you on a tour of the lab and show you the different departments and different jobs people are doing.

Specimen Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in October 2017.

Interview

Brief four-question pre-recorded phone interview following an online interview. Each question had a three minute maximum answer period. Questions were repeated as well as shown on the internet page that had provided the phone number.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself professionally in 2-5 years?   Answer Question
    • Why are you seeking a new position at this time?   Answer Question
    • Work can often be filled with distractions and interruptions. How do you keep yourself focused on the task at hand?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience in a production environment where productivity and quality are measured?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

Office like interview, meeting with one of your potential supervisor's, it felt comfortable enough. Personality , professionalism including appearance, and transparency play a big role in a good impression here.

Interview Questions

Interview

They had a phone screening interview followed by In person interview
    During In person interview, there was a panel of 3 person asking technical questions
    After that was given a laptop with no internet, asked to solve coding problem

Interview Questions

• Inversion of Control, Dependency Injection, MVC, Design patterns, SOLID principles, OOP   Answer Question

PSR III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gretna, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Gretna, LA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and within two weeks I received an email with a few questions to answer. I also received a phone number to call and a pin to put in , which led to a automated interview. A few days later I got a call from HR to set up an interview with the HM.

Interview Questions

• When the job gets stressful, how do you remain motivated to continue?   Answer Question

Paramedical Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Americus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Americus, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

Hello, I hope this message helps some.

I applied through indeed.com, later I was contacted by a recruiter for the company where I was given a telephone interview. Next, I was told by the recruiter that the district manager would contact me for a second telephone interview. A week later the district manager contacted me and I was given the second telephone interview. Immediately after I was told by the district manager that she has made her decision and would like to offer me the position. She then stated that she will send my file to HR and they will contact me regarding the employment process. Once that has been completed by HR they will release me over to her for training. HR contacted me a week later to give me an overview of the position and conditional offer pending background, drug screening, and I9 verification. I am now in the last stages of the process which is the background check which includes an MVR, it's also really exstinsive, during the process I have signed my offer letter and has been given a start date of 10/9/17. Overall the process was smoothed with very minor kinks.

I Wish you all the best of luck in your career endeavors, seek Jesus Christ first and he will set your paths straight! Amen

Interview Questions

• How many years have I been a medical assistant?   1 Answer
    • How many years have I taken medical histories?   1 Answer
    • Have I used an alcohol and breath analyzer?   1 Answer
    • Can you take a manual blood pressure reading?   1 Answer

Forensic Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norristown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Norristown, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

I filled out the job application online, and was able to schedule a phone interview the next day. The phone interview lasted a half hour. After the phone interview, I was advised that I'd need to wait up to 2 weeks to hear back from HR. I heard back within 3 business days, scheduled my in-person interview where I toured to labs and received an overview of the position. The lab lead and manager were friendly but professional and the Ooverall interview flowed like a conversation!

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you had to deal with conflict at work. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Specimen Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

I actually applied online for a different position. A week later I got an email with a link to do a prescreen. I waited a couple of days to do the prescreen. It consisted of filling out a form online (WPM, expected salary, etc) and then calling a number to do a phone interview with a machine. The machine asks you four basic interview questions and at the end thanks you for applying to said position (Specimen Technician). When the machine thanked me I was confused because I didn't apply to the Specimen Tech position but in the emails I would received from the recruiters, the correct position I was applying for was written so I thought nothing about it. A couple of days later I got another email saying they wanted to set up an in person interview but that it would take 1-2 weeks to get back to me. Just over a week later I started receiving calls from a recruiter to set up an interview. It took about 5days to set up an interview because we kept missing each other. I missed the recruiter's first call because he called at 6am and it took him the 5 days to call me back. When the recruiter mentioned I would be applying to a specimen technician position I finally decided to ask him about it and he was just like, "yeah." The next day I got an email from someone else explaining that the recruiters thought I would be a good fit for this position so they had me interview for this position. I decided to go ahead with interviewing for this position because it was still an entry level lab position but I really wish they asked me or told me first. I had my in person interview a week later. The man who interviewed me started off with showing me around the lab area. He then took me into a room to tell me more about the position and ask me questions. He was very casual and that helped me not to feel so nervous. At the end of the interview he told me it will take a week to hear back but it has been a month since the interview and I haven't heard back. I think the position is already filled but I really wish they would've contacted me to tell me I didn't get it. The waiting game is never fun.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay focused in a distraction filled environment?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you were close to a deadline and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a problem working with someone? How did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about an experience you had working in a production environment?   Answer Question
    • Why are you currently seeking employment?   Answer Question
    • What is an appropriate excuse/reason for missing work?   1 Answer

Specimen Prep Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email that same week for a prescreen. The prescreen consisted of general questions. There was a phone interview with four questions. After I received an email to do an online assessment but I didn't get an in person interview after that. Overall it was pretty quick and straightforward.

Specimen Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I found out about this position through a family member that works there. I applied in June 2017. Did the over the phone interview which is an operator. You leave your response like its a voicemail. I was called in for an in person interview the next week. My interview was at 1:00am (July 2017). Interview was okay. The person that interviewed me looked annoyed, tired like he didn't want to be there. He asked questions about my resume that he knew already. Seemed like he didn't care at all.