Quest Diagnostics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

I submitted my resume with a referral. I was called in for an in-person interview, where I spoke with an HR representative (though there are no longer in-house HR departments at Quest locations anymore) and my would-be manager. It was a very easy-going conversation, and the manager gave me a tour of the lab and where I would work.

Phlebotomist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

Received an email to apply for the position, answered a few questions, Dailed in to a phone number and pin provided, their was a total of 5 questions and 3 minutes to answer each question.

Interview Questions

• Order of draw and tube color for the following test; CBC, Pt/INR, and Chem.   1 Answer
    • How to Handle a difficult pt and busy lobby?   1 Answer
    • How to handle a pt with needle phobia?   1 Answer

RN Interview

Interview

The online posting falsely describes the position. They say they are hiring an 'Immunization Nurse' but really they want you to drive to places to hold health presentations and check peoples glucose and vitals.

Driver/Courier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Morrisville, NC) in April 2018.

Interview

After submitting my application online, I was invited to participate in a phone interview with a recruiter from Quest Diagnostics. A day or so after the phone interview, the recruiter contacted me and said she wanted to arrange for an in-person interview with a manager at the local office. I was sent an email with a link to a video about the role of a courier (or Route Service Representative, as Quest likes to call the position), which I watched. I reviewed the history of the company and other information on the company website. I dressed in business casual attire and was ready for my interview. When I went to the interview, however, I found that the interviewer seemed to spend more time talking about personal issues, such as his own background and relocating to the area from another state, than finding out about why I thought I would be a good fit for the position. In retrospect, I believe the interviewer had already made up his mind about who he wanted to hire for the job, and was just going through the motions of interviewing me since the recruiter from the corporate office had sent me to him.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer never really asked me any difficult questions about why I felt I was right for this position, or why I wanted to make a transition to doing this type of work from what I had been doing previously. I felt that my time was wasted going to the interview as it was clear that the interviewer made up his mind pretty quickly that I was not the type of person he wanted for the job.   Answer Question

Phlebotomist PRN Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

I applied online, and was contacted to do a phone interview. I set up the phone interview and read the description and requirements for the position, which stated you would have to be available at least 2 days from Tuesday-Thursday. I stated my situation and availability and I was available Wednesday, Thursday with my current schedule subject to change. She basically told me I am not eligible and to call back when I would be, then she stated shes taking me out the system, and that I would need to reapply. So which one is it? This was a total waste of time. I've had my certification going on 3 years and have not been able to find a position that would take candidates attempting to gain experience. All entry level position are showing that they require 1 year of experience, but how is that considered entry level? So I basically wasted money paying for a course that I was sold a dream of finding a job right out of school and still haven't found one.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any question about experience or education.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

I just graduated college and I was scouted through LinkedIn, as I am in the process of looking for jobs that involve a myriad of different things - insurance, legal, research, writing, representative (I'm trying to spread my wings). I replied to the message, and then was sent details on the job. I then received a call from a women, who was very curt, verging on rude, about the reason why I "applied" (Key fact: I hadn't applied, because I was scouted BY HER, and was merely interested in the position and was asking for more information) if I had plans to pursue graduate school. I explained that it would be a few years in the future, to which she essentially told me things weren't going to work out because of this, which was fine because I can understand that certain companies might have worries about this.

The thing that bothered me was that she proceeded to tell me that hiring managers etc., don't want people who go to graduate school, or have plans to pursue higher education. This notion I have of "more school" would clearly inhibit my ability to get a solid job. I informed her that I felt it was better to be honest than to lie outright to future employers. Maybe this is true, but I feel it was not necessary to include this jab when I was being understanding about the situation and wasn't pressuring her to submit my app.

Maybe this was not a normal interaction for them? But on the whole, negative experience for a recent grad. YOU scouted ME, not the other way around. I'd recommend a better tactic for recruiting people, or at least ask a few clarifying questions via email before you initiate a phone call...or maybe just be nice if things don't work out?

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial phone screen. Read questions from a list. Very curt and abrupt. Seemed to be searching for ways to catch you lacking knowledge of particular processes and models. Next round with hiring manager even more bizarre. People with PhD’s like talking theory as if they’re still in a classroom with students, not in an organization with real employees. Icy cold interviewers who haven’t learned how to establish rapport and show basic respect to candidates.

Interview Questions

• How much were you paid in last few jobs? (Ancient question). Tell me all the HR models you are familiar with. (a final exam essay question?)   Answer Question

Phlebotomist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

Received an email from a recruiter for a PT position near me. 4 question phone interview with 3 mins to answer each. Contacted then by recruiter about 2 days later to set up an in person interview. Didn’t interview until a week later at a location almost 40 mins away from me. The interviewer was just plain rude and had an attitude almost immediately. I just got my certificate 6 months prior with no actual phlebotomy experience under my belt just yet. She asked me standard interview questions then started asking phlebotomy related ones. Nailed every one of them. ( yep I even studied ) she then had me draw on a fake arm like the one in school. My venipuncture was a success and I drew the water. The interview then joked how quick I was able to find the vein. That was the end of the interview and I was told I’d be contacted either later that day or the next. In my head I nailed the interview. Received an email with the following week stating the interviewer said I lack the experience needed for this job BUT they hope I still apply for future jobs. Joke of a company

Interview Questions

• What is important when using a light blue tube ?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn and heard from a recruiter the next day about scheduling a phone interview. The recruiter was very nice and just asked me about my past experiences and why get into Sales. After our conversation, they said they would set up another phone interview with the hiring manager a week later. I received a call 15 min before my interview from another hiring manager which was a little bit unusual. She asked me similar questions that the recruiter asked me. She asked which recruiter contacted me and if it was through LinkedIn. I had a weird feeling the whole conversation that almost made me feel like I shouldn't have been contacted. It went ok and she said she was going to set up another interview with the hiring manager. A week goes by with nothing and I reached out to the recruiter to see if they had heard of anything. They ended up moving forward with someone who was referred. I was very disappointed with the communication, especially when they said they were going to continue with another interview and never getting back to me. Waste of my time especially since I've been trying to get another job for quite some time.

Representative PS I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (New York, NY).

Interview

The actual interview experience was very good. The woman was very nice. However, half way through the interview she stopped me and informed me that she didn’t feel I had enough experience for their open positions. She suggested numerous times that I go to school for phlebotomy.
    I was a little disappointed that I drove over an hour to an interview to be told I didn’t have enough experience, when the “recruiter” that scheduled me for the interview was informed of how much (-or I guess how little) experience I had and said it wasn’t an issue because although I have experience they train their new hires.
    So very disappointing because of that....

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a difficult patient you had to deal with and how you handled it.

How many times would you stick a patient before giving up?   Answer Question

Prep Lab-assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Lenexa, KS) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online, within two days received a phone call from a recruiter To schedule a face to face interview. Received a offer two days later. All of the following steps are done through e-mail, sign forms etc.