Quest Diagnostics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

I submitted my resume with a referral. I was called in for an in-person interview, where I spoke with an HR representative (though there are no longer in-house HR departments at Quest locations anymore) and my would-be manager. It was a very easy-going conversation, and the manager gave me a tour of the lab and where I would work.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Kansas City, KS) in March 2015.

Interview

A recruiter contacts you and sets up a phone interview to ask the basic background and experience questions. They then call you in for an interview and they ask you how you would handle different situations. They want to know if you have any experience in the health care field and your ability to work on a dual monitor computer. They have multiple software systems that you have to learn and they question you about your experience with them.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to an angry customer and what are the steps you take to settle them down and resolve the issue?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Monrovia, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I first got an email for a phone interview. The lady that called me called late and said the position was already filled so I had to pick different locations I applied for which was better than nothing. The questions we're usually easy and she said I should hear within a week.

Interview Questions

• How many patients did you draw during your externship   1 Answer
    • Do you know how to draw on pediatric and geriatric patients?   1 Answer
    • Have you heard of quest diagnostics before   1 Answer
    • What is the desired pay?   1 Answer
    • Describe a usual work day as a phlebotomist   1 Answer
    • Why did you quit your last job?   1 Answer
    • Are you currently employed?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2014.

Interview

Was called on the phone by an area supervisor who set up a time for us to meet for an interview at the actual site I would be training at she was friendly no nonsense and very professional also she had the largest "territory" of Patient service centers at the time.

Interview Questions

• What will make you an asset to Dlo   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted 2 days later to complete a survey online. After completing the survey online, I was directed to call a tel. number and provide a pin # given online. When calling the number, I was told by an automated system that I would be asked a series of questions followed by a beep after each question signifying the recording of my response. The first question was: How do you handle drawing blood from a pediatric or geriatric patient. I responded after the beep and then the session was ended. The automated system thanked me for me time and asked that I complete a survey on the process.

Interview Questions

• Online survey:
      Have you completed a phlebotomy training program within the last 9 months?
      Do you have a license? If so, fill out state and license #.
      How many sticks do you do a day?
      Which shifts are you interested in? (1st, 2nd, 3rd, full, part, float, overtime, etc.)
      How many miles are you willing to travel for your job?
      Are you flexible in your schedule?
      Automated telephone interview question that records your response:
      How do you handle a pediatric or geriatric blood draw?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was dressy casual ...face to face (one person) . There was a typing test and a personality test. Interview consisted of six questions. There was a drug test given.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rutgers, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Rutgers, NJ) in April 2018.

Interview

Online application which then leads to being asked for an interview. Definitely read the job description and make sure to know all the skills they ask for. It’ll definitely come up in the interview and you better have a good and succinct answer.

Anonymous Employee in Greentree, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Greentree, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they contacted me the next day about a job fair they were having. I went during a job fair, so I had opportunities to apply for other jobs. The interview itself wasn't long. A couple weeks after they had me take an online typing test (imputing data into boxes).

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working with blood and semen?   2 Answers
    • Are you comfortable working nights?   2 Answers
    • What do you do when you get stressed?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with someone who was hard to deal with.   2 Answers
    • Are you familiar with medical terminology?   2 Answers

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

I had a phone interview last for 40 minuets. They told me they will return to me in 1-2 weeks. I didn't hear back from them and they didn't respond to my email.

Interview Questions

• What are three positive things your last boss would say about you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wood Dale, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Wood Dale, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

It was a short, casual interview just asking about myself. I spoke to the supervisor and some of the lead techs that I would be working with, and they just asked about how I worked. They also told me about the work that I would be doing and the hours involved with the position.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had any problems with your coworkers in the past?   2 Answers

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

laid back, more of a friendly attitude than an interview. Only got the interview because i knew someone who worked there. which is how 90% of the people working there got hired.

Interview Questions

• when are you available to start?   2 Answers