Quest Diagnostics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Quest Diagnostics Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.5

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

The interview was very casual. The questions were general. A few individuals were not prepared and requested 5 mins to review my resume. Nothing was negative, and nothing was positive. Just down the middle.

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

Lengthy, several phone interviews with HR, senior leadership, hiring manager, others. To give them credit, they wanted a good fit (as did I). The hiring process required a drug screen and background check - both straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Questions on previous PM processes, if there were "gates", financial budgeting and management.   Answer Question

Specimen Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Marlborough, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was long procedure took almost 20 days of time to waste. I interviewed via phone, then data entry test, after that in Person Interview , the person taking interview was too rude in her attitude and was not paying enough attention , being 10 Pm in night she looked completely tired and not interested in Interview. Odd hours interview at 10 Pm. I was rejected after two days with no feedback provided. It was just entry level position and they were very rude and unprofessional in their behavior. wasted my too much of time . Poor communication from HR and they have no courtesy to even let people know that they are not moving forward with the candidate. Interview procedure and questions were too much in detailed and was not really needed for an entry level position where they advert as no experience needed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

The interview was quick and easy. I interviewed with two supervisors. The interview lasted about 15 minutes. None of the questions were difficult. They want to make sure you are good with Microsoft Excel and Outlook.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you had to resolve an issue and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

laid back, more of a friendly attitude than an interview. Only got the interview because i knew someone who worked there. which is how 90% of the people working there got hired.

Interview Questions

• when are you available to start?   1 Answer

Lab Assistant (Microbiology) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online Feb 21. Received invitation to interview Feb 27, which included answering questions about availability, skills/work experience, etc., followed by a phone screen where a voice asked pre-recorded questions and gave 3 mins to answer each (it was identical to leaving a voicemail). Took phone interview on Mar 1 and received an email to set-up and in-person interview on Mar 2. Interview was scheduled for Mar 8.

The interview was one-on-one, where the lab manager asked me a series of standard interview questions regarding work experience, strengths/weaknesses, why I wanted to work at Quest, etc. -- all of these were printed on a sheet where she filled in my answers and/or her opinions of them. Then she set me up to "shadow" one of the lab assistants in the Microbiology lab, who showed and explained all that they did in a day -- this lasted for about 30 mins outside of the lab manager's presence and I performed a few streak plates using patient specimen samples. The lab manager introduced me to everyone in the lab that day and everyone was very friendly. She walked me around to the specimen collection area and, finally, back to her office to close up the interview with any questions. She told me that there were two other candidates and that I would hear about the decision when other supervisors had reviewed her notes.

From Mar 9 to Mar 20, I heard nothing from Quest Diagnostics. Early morning Mar 21, I received a status update via email from Talent Acquisition that I would not continue to be considered for the position, likely due to the fact I am a recent university graduate with no previous work experience to prove my bonafides.

Interview Questions

• How would your fellow students or professors describe you?   Answer Question
    • What was the biggest error you've done in school or life in general?   Answer Question
    • Describe how you handle workflow when a lot of things have to be done? (Something like that.)   Answer Question

Referral Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Valencia, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed and only asked about 9 questions. I applied online and received a call for an interview about 4 days later. There were 2 people conducting the interview.

Cerified Phlebotomist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

Panel Interview, with three people there. Very tense and not relax at all. They were friendly at the end of the interview. Overall it was a good experience. Lot of question was asked. I was in there for about 30 minutes for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your strengh and weaknesses? Why are you applying to this job? Given the toughest time of your life how did you figure way how to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Billing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (West Hills, CA).

Interview

I applied online. After a few days I was contacted for a phone interview. They then asked that I meet with them at their offices for interviews on two separate occasions

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

i interviewed last week with quest at the job fair, i applied online and the process took 4 months. interview was not very hard but you just gotta know how to answer their tricky questions? they try to know you b asking those situational questions.the lady i interviewed was very polite and kind.

Interview Questions

• when was the last time when your manager asked you to be a better person?   Answer Question
    • tell me about the time when you worked long hour shift and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • when was the last time you worked more than your job duties and what were the results?   Answer Question
    • how do you manage yourself at work if you have personal problems going on?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be yourself, sell yourself and make them hire you