Quest Diagnostics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

I submitted my resume with a referral. I was called in for an in-person interview, where I spoke with an HR representative (though there are no longer in-house HR departments at Quest locations anymore) and my would-be manager. It was a very easy-going conversation, and the manager gave me a tour of the lab and where I would work.

Phlebotomist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

Received an email to apply for the position, answered a few questions, Dailed in to a phone number and pin provided, their was a total of 5 questions and 3 minutes to answer each question.

Interview Questions

• Order of draw and tube color for the following test; CBC, Pt/INR, and Chem.   1 Answer
    • How to Handle a difficult pt and busy lobby?   1 Answer
    • How to handle a pt with needle phobia?   1 Answer

Spec Collection Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Greenville, SC) in June 2018.

Interview

Very shocked at the interview process for this well know company. 1) The lady conducting the interview never even asked me my name. 2) Never once even asked me a question. She talked for 25 mins about the job and company but not once asked me a single question. 3) When I offered her my resume she stated she didn't need it. Ok-how did she know who I was? Just that I was the 10:00am appointment? Very shocked by this process. Plus they are advertising for a job in another county. Misleading no less. I noticed with the next candidate she didn't ask her name as she took her to her office either.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked in the interview. Sadly a complete waste of time for all the candidates because it's clear the company already had a candidate for this job lined up.   Answer Question

Specimen Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in May 2018.

Interview

You receive an email to participate in a recorded phone interview. If you pass, they ask you to take a data entry test online at home. If you pass, you are invited to an interview with a supervisor or a panel.

Specimen Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2018.

Interview

Started with a questionnaire followed by an automated phone interview followed with a Data entry test. I'm still waiting on more responses and my fave to panel interview. So to be determined

Driver/Courier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Chandler, AZ) in May 2018.

Interview

Once I submitted my application, it took about 4 days to get a response and they invited me to answer a few questions on the computer and then I had a phone interview with five prerecorded questions with three minutes to answer each one.

Interview Questions

• Rate your comfort level transporting bio specimens from 1 to 5, 5 being the most comfortable?   1 Answer

RN Interview

Interview

The online posting falsely describes the position. They say they are hiring an 'Immunization Nurse' but really they want you to drive to places to hold health presentations and check peoples glucose and vitals.

Driver/Courier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Morrisville, NC) in April 2018.

Interview

After submitting my application online, I was invited to participate in a phone interview with a recruiter from Quest Diagnostics. A day or so after the phone interview, the recruiter contacted me and said she wanted to arrange for an in-person interview with a manager at the local office. I was sent an email with a link to a video about the role of a courier (or Route Service Representative, as Quest likes to call the position), which I watched. I reviewed the history of the company and other information on the company website. I dressed in business casual attire and was ready for my interview. When I went to the interview, however, I found that the interviewer seemed to spend more time talking about personal issues, such as his own background and relocating to the area from another state, than finding out about why I thought I would be a good fit for the position. In retrospect, I believe the interviewer had already made up his mind about who he wanted to hire for the job, and was just going through the motions of interviewing me since the recruiter from the corporate office had sent me to him.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer never really asked me any difficult questions about why I felt I was right for this position, or why I wanted to make a transition to doing this type of work from what I had been doing previously. I felt that my time was wasted going to the interview as it was clear that the interviewer made up his mind pretty quickly that I was not the type of person he wanted for the job.   Answer Question

Specimen Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teterboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Teterboro, NJ) in April 2018.

Interview

I first filled out an application online, then a few days later I received an email saying that they think i would be a great fit for the specimen position and invited me to fill out a questionnaire followed up with a pre-recorded phone interview. After successful completion the next day I received an email saying they liked my responses and invited me to take a typing test online. After i completed the typing test with 99% accuracy I got a phone call from an HR rep calling to set up an interview the following day. My interview was set for 11:00 pm due to this position being overnight and the interviewing manager worked overnight. I arrived 10 minutes early and didn’t get to speak to the interviewer until an hour later around 12:00am. During my interview she asked basic interview questions, had me signed waivers?? Which was weird. This company acts like everything is a top notch secret. I told her how much i was interested in the job but i think she didn’t like my school schedule since it might interfere with the work schedule and they are very big and a bit obnoxious about being on time and not calling out. Seems like you can barely take a vacation without booking it well in advance.

Phlebotomist PRN Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

I applied online, and was contacted to do a phone interview. I set up the phone interview and read the description and requirements for the position, which stated you would have to be available at least 2 days from Tuesday-Thursday. I stated my situation and availability and I was available Wednesday, Thursday with my current schedule subject to change. She basically told me I am not eligible and to call back when I would be, then she stated shes taking me out the system, and that I would need to reapply. So which one is it? This was a total waste of time. I've had my certification going on 3 years and have not been able to find a position that would take candidates attempting to gain experience. All entry level position are showing that they require 1 year of experience, but how is that considered entry level? So I basically wasted money paying for a course that I was sold a dream of finding a job right out of school and still haven't found one.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any question about experience or education.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

I just graduated college and I was scouted through LinkedIn, as I am in the process of looking for jobs that involve a myriad of different things - insurance, legal, research, writing, representative (I'm trying to spread my wings). I replied to the message, and then was sent details on the job. I then received a call from a women, who was very curt, verging on rude, about the reason why I "applied" (Key fact: I hadn't applied, because I was scouted BY HER, and was merely interested in the position and was asking for more information) if I had plans to pursue graduate school. I explained that it would be a few years in the future, to which she essentially told me things weren't going to work out because of this, which was fine because I can understand that certain companies might have worries about this.

The thing that bothered me was that she proceeded to tell me that hiring managers etc., don't want people who go to graduate school, or have plans to pursue higher education. This notion I have of "more school" would clearly inhibit my ability to get a solid job. I informed her that I felt it was better to be honest than to lie outright to future employers. Maybe this is true, but I feel it was not necessary to include this jab when I was being understanding about the situation and wasn't pressuring her to submit my app.

Maybe this was not a normal interaction for them? But on the whole, negative experience for a recent grad. YOU scouted ME, not the other way around. I'd recommend a better tactic for recruiting people, or at least ask a few clarifying questions via email before you initiate a phone call...or maybe just be nice if things don't work out?