Quest Diagnostics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Quest Diagnostics Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.5

Specimen Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

I actually applied online for a different position. A week later I got an email with a link to do a prescreen. I waited a couple of days to do the prescreen. It consisted of filling out a form online (WPM, expected salary, etc) and then calling a number to do a phone interview with a machine. The machine asks you four basic interview questions and at the end thanks you for applying to said position (Specimen Technician). When the machine thanked me I was confused because I didn't apply to the Specimen Tech position but in the emails I would received from the recruiters, the correct position I was applying for was written so I thought nothing about it. A couple of days later I got another email saying they wanted to set up an in person interview but that it would take 1-2 weeks to get back to me. Just over a week later I started receiving calls from a recruiter to set up an interview. It took about 5days to set up an interview because we kept missing each other. I missed the recruiter's first call because he called at 6am and it took him the 5 days to call me back. When the recruiter mentioned I would be applying to a specimen technician position I finally decided to ask him about it and he was just like, "yeah." The next day I got an email from someone else explaining that the recruiters thought I would be a good fit for this position so they had me interview for this position. I decided to go ahead with interviewing for this position because it was still an entry level lab position but I really wish they asked me or told me first. I had my in person interview a week later. The man who interviewed me started off with showing me around the lab area. He then took me into a room to tell me more about the position and ask me questions. He was very casual and that helped me not to feel so nervous. At the end of the interview he told me it will take a week to hear back but it has been a month since the interview and I haven't heard back. I think the position is already filled but I really wish they would've contacted me to tell me I didn't get it. The waiting game is never fun.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay focused in a distraction filled environment?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were close to a deadline and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a problem working with someone? How did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about an experience you had working in a production environment?   Answer Question
    • Why are you currently seeking employment?   Answer Question
    • What is an appropriate excuse/reason for missing work?   Answer Question

Specimen Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I found out about this position through a family member that works there. I applied in June 2017. Did the over the phone interview which is an operator. You leave your response like its a voicemail. I was called in for an in person interview the next week. My interview was at 1:00am (July 2017). Interview was okay. The person that interviewed me looked annoyed, tired like he didn't want to be there. He asked questions about my resume that he knew already. Seemed like he didn't care at all.

FT Courier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan Capistrano, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (San Juan Capistrano, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I received an email to pick a time/date for a phone interview. During my phone interview, the lady asked simple questions such as; are you comfortable handling specimens, describe a time where you had to work in difficult weather conditions, how did you handle it?, What is your expected pay rate etc... I got a call back the next day asking for an in person interview. The interviewer was extremely nice and laid back. He also asked very easy questions such as what is your schedule like, are you comfortable driving a company vehicle, tell me about your work experience, do you have anything on your driving record, are you comfortable driving at night.. he also described the job and the hours. I think he got my hopes up a little bit, he was impressed with my work experience ( I have years of experience as a courier) and he kept me there for almost an hour just talking about the job although the lady over the phone said the interview would be 30 minutes. So I definitely though he liked me as a candidate and would hire me. He said I will get a call back within 2 weeks, it's been a little over 2 weeks and still no call back so I assume I didn't get it. We'll see.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable driving a company vehicle   1 Answer

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Lenexa, KS) in June 2017.

Interview

You have to get passed an automated phone interview where a recording asks you questions and you answer and record your answers. Once completed, if interested they will email you stating they will be contacting you to complete the interview process. You are then called in for onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a time you had to help someone who was upset about services they recieved?   Answer Question
    • Can you think of a time where you worked with a team and the outcome?   Answer Question

Laboratory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in June 2017.

Interview

Very easy. Positive experience. A set of questions online, kind of like a worksheet followed by a phone interview with 4 questions. The phone interview had pre-recordings of questions. Up to 3 minutes for each question. Don't have to use the whole time.

Interviewer Interview

Interview

Phone screen, face to face, final decision, references checked, offer made, offer accepted, start date. It takes 6 months to a year to fell comfortable and to understand the complexity of the business even if you come from diagnostics.

Specimen Processor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

First lots of tests before you get a phone interview including a typing test, on the phone interview that's is pre recorded in which they call your phone, next is the in person interview, then drug test

Forensic Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in May 2017.

Interview

Applied for the job online.
    The posting was taken down a week after interviewing. Two weeks after applying I was prompted via email to schedule a phone interview. Only had 3 options, all in the same day.
    Spoke for about 20 minutes with a the interviewer. Asked me several questions, about past experiences, can i handle the requirements of the job, how much i wanted to make, etc. The interview went pretty well (I felt it did anyway). I was told I would hear back within a week.
    The next morning I received an email stating I won't be considered for the position (Which I thought was a very fast response ). Either I had a major red flag during my interview, or they already filled the position (they use aerotek in my area as a recruiter).

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a situation where you had to deal with a hostile environment?   Answer Question
    • tell me one of your long term goals   Answer Question
    • where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • have you been in a situation where you dealt with a dishonest coworker?   Answer Question

Specimen Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teterboro, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Teterboro, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

was emailed for an online interview then had to call a number for an interview on the phone like leaving a voicemail. They finally called back a month later to come in for a typing test. I went to take the test i passed and was told i was going to get called for a interview and was never called. Still waiting to see if maybe it just really takes this long to get called but I dont know.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

The interview was very casual. The questions were general. A few individuals were not prepared and requested 5 mins to review my resume. Nothing was negative, and nothing was positive. Just down the middle.