CompuCom Reviews | Glassdoor

CompuCom Chief Executive Officer Dan Stone
Dan Stone

1,442 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • collaborative environment, flexible work/life balance (in 48 reviews)

• Allows remote work from home depending on contract you work under (in 45 reviews)

Cons
  • Raises are very hard to come by, no raises for years (in 149 reviews)

• Don't expect company appreciation through raises (cost of living or otherwise) (in 36 reviews)

1. "Interesting industry, good team"

Current Employee - Executive
    Current Employee - Executive

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leader in workplace management and infrastructure management .. Very skilled and dedicated team focused on ensuring that the clients IT infrastructure is running well. Strong management team with a good vision.

Cons

Company in midst of transformation, leading to some challenges.

2. "Not the Best Neither the worse"

Current Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They pay for all your certifications that you want to have. Tuition reimbursement is great. Flexible with hours if someone needs or have an emergency. For people that been here for more than 6 years, they have a great PTO, not anymore for the ones after them. It is good for people that want to start a career on IT.

Cons

No space to grow, only if you know someone. Really low pay for what everyone do. Techs here are the lowest pay rate Techs. Benefits are not the best and they continue to take more and more each year. For example, we can not roll over PTO time since last year but the negative PTO time you owned can rollover. Some managers rule by intimidation and make employees do their job without compensation. Some others manager don't have an idea of how to perform as a manager. Most of the employees did not have any pay raise in more than 7 years.

Advice to Management

listen to the employees sometimes, they know where are the issues and how to deal with it. At least if they want an employee to do their job, be fair and recommend him for a raise or promotion. Ideas not always have to come from upstairs. If you are a manager and don't know about something, please learn or quit. Be a leader not a boss, anyone can be a boss, not everyone can be a leader.

"Had some great teammates but company continues to slide downhill."

Former Employee - Princi in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Princi in Seattle, WA

I worked at CompuCom full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Loved my teammates and my direct supervisor -> Loved the travel for a few years

Cons

80% travel, year over year was too much. -> company benefits kept shrinking -> bonuses disappeared -> lack of appreciation from corporate -> decisions about policy seemed to be tailored to others in company with no exceptions for Road Warriors.

Advice to Management

Listen to your field workers. Show them appreciation for the many many hours that they give you. Figure out how to get back to the great place that it used to be.

4. "Changing Culture"

I have been working at CompuCom full-time

Pros

Great company that offers access to multiple computer certifications. Lots of opportunity to grow with company.

Cons

Being in a retail environment trying to change the culture of a current store while trying to get store management on board. Not hard but the pay is not quite there.

5. "Computer Operations Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly, MA

I worked at CompuCom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall good company to work for

Cons

Not a lot of sites with similar jobs in Massachusetts

6. "Positive Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working at CompuCom for nearly a year and have been very satisfied with my experience here so far. I feel hard work pays off and is recognized by management as I have seen in the past 12 months here. I appreciate the open and honest feedback.

Our new corporate office is high-tech, located close to Ballantyne and my team has been flexible from a work/life balance here. Perks of our gym and arcade style games are fun and an added bonus.

It is the first company I have felt appreciated at and valued in compared to in my prior roles, reasons I feel I have succeeded and seen promotion and praise since starting. I have developed a lot of quality relationships and had great exposure to starting.

I think your level of motivation and hard work pays off and shows through to others at this organization.

Cons

This is not the place to work if you are looking to fly under the radar or not work hard.

"All alone in a 12k person company"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at CompuCom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not micro-managed-given autonomy. Had strong account management system for key accounts.

Cons

No focus at the management level. Poor inter company communication. Infighting common between employees. Almost no sales support. Poor customer service track record in some accounts. Lack of territory or vertical planning. Instead of focusing on core-competencies often employed a "we can do anything mentality" Poor commission structure. Turnover in sales ridiculously high. SOW response times poor or inadequate. Poor use of back end systems. Relied to much on 3rd parties for various duties. Under utilized CTO center. Way too silo'd between departments.

Advice to Management

With Office Depot acquiring your company follow their lead. You have nothing to offer them in terms of process, best practices or organization integration. Whatever level of organization O.D. has rest assured it is miles beyond your current company organization. Being acquired by OD is one of the best scenarios you could have hoped for your future.

"Transforming with a Struggle"

I worked at CompuCom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good People in middle management.

Cons

The same people who have been there 18-20 years, their old-school senior/exec management team keeps making the same legacy mistakes that lead to poor sales opportunities and slow adoption. They bring in new blood to help make the changes, but don't engage with them. Lots of ego here killing them. It's a bad cycle. They bring in new talent to help take them down the new road, but still manage the same old way and don't implement the changes to stay competitive. When they fail, they remove the new blood they brought it and keep the sr. management that made the legacy based poor decisions. Thus propogating their same problems.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the legacy sr. management and their directs. Flatten your management structure. Don't isolate the CxO and executive leadership from the mid-management layers where the real work is getting done and boots are on the ground. Listen to your troops. Not your direct reports at the executive management level who are nothing more than "Yes" men.

9. "Strong leadership and amazing state of the art headquarters facility."

Current Employee - Analyst in Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Analyst in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong leadership and great opportunity for advancement. Headquarters is truly state of the art, high tech. Video games scattered around the building. Grab and go food service is convenient. They will have a medical clinic in the HQ building. Feels like a Google type of office atmosphere. People are down to earth and highly collaborative from top to bottom.

Cons

None I’m aware of. Communications have been good, I’d like it to stay that way. Customer first focus is good.

Advice to Management

Stay transparent regarding the recent acquisition by Office Depot.

"Fun Place to work each week"

Current Employee - Firewall Analyst AT&T Contract in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Firewall Analyst AT&T Contract in Louisville, KY

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good consistent work, fun environment. Lots of work to keep you busy

Cons

Low pay positions, terrible benefits,

Advice to Management

Get your act together so you can keep your employees

Showing 1,442 of 1,573 reviews