CompuCom Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Greg Hoogerland

1,567 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work life balance can be good working from home you get to manage your time" (in 53 reviews)

• "Flexible working environment, work-from-home ability, good level of trust," (in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • "No raises or any type of bonuses" (in 153 reviews)

• "Little to no raises, not even cost of living" (in 41 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"They Learned a lot over the last two years and are getting on the right track"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Indian Land, SC
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Indian Land, SC

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The Company has had its pro's and cons. For most of the last two years, the cons have outweighed the pros in a big way. However, despite the best intentions the former CEO and his team could not find a way to really change the downward spiral. This downtrend coupled with a pervasive culture of fear that was overlaid on a top-down lockout on information led to a place that people dreaded to come to work.

Many of the reviews below are accurate, however, while accurate they are also wrong as the company sits today.

Today CompuCom is finding its way back. The New President, Greg Hoogerland is that rare find in the executive office. A smart, analytical business man who not only cares about the people who work for him but also seems to understand that the greatest asset his company has is the people who work for him. In just at two months at the helm, the culture of the company has made a u-turn. Gone is the manage by fear and “they are just lucky they have jobs” totalitarian regime, it has been replaced with an environment where people feel empowered to be part of the solution, where collectively we are driving to find the right solutions to return CompuCom to its former glory.

There is still a lot of damage to fix and fundamentally the business still needs to change to meet the demands of the new digital marketplace we reside in. The difference is that we, the employees of the company now see there is a path forward. We can transform and become a company that not only survives into the future but one that leads the charge and sets the standard for what that future looks like.

Thank you, Greg, you did something that 4 months ago I would have thought imposable. You restored faith in a company many thoughts was a “dead man” walking. There are more hard days ahead but we, your associates, are with you, we have your back and we will succeed together.

If you’re looking for a job, take one at CompuCom. This place is going to be special again and you will want to be part of it.

Cons

The Company is Transforming to be relevant in the modern IT world. While not a con per say it does make challenging as the transformation causes ripples throughout the company. Benefits are poor as well but there is hope that may change.

Advice to Management

Continue the push to be open with your teams. Don't give up on new ideas to fast and above all give people a reason to want to be here. An employee who is unfulfilled will leave and take their skills, ideas, and experience somewhere else.

2. "Director"

I worked at CompuCom full-time

Pros

Awesome teams and work environment

Cons

There were no cons for this

3. "Good entry level"

I worked at CompuCom full-time

Pros

Good training
    Good entry level position
    Co workers were great

Cons

Not alot of room to move up
    Pay raises and reviews never happend

4. "Desktop Support Analyst"

I worked at CompuCom full-time

Pros

I had a very understanding manager when it came to time off and dealing with family matters.

Cons

Not much room for growth.
    Pay is low.

"IT Analyst"

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Louisville, KY

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good foot in the door kind of job. You learn the logistics of IT. I would recommend for a job out or college.

Cons

Low pay. Not flexible with schedule. Look at you more as a number than a person. Will use you more than praise you if you Excel at the workplace.

Advice to Management

Treat the employees that help create good moral for the contracts they are working with more respect and hear their opinion about adjustments to the contract they work on.

6. "Ok I guess"

Former Employee - Configuration Technician in Paulsboro, NJ
    Former Employee - Configuration Technician in Paulsboro, NJ

I worked at CompuCom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good for getting your foot into the IT door.

Cons

Limit your layoffs, Overnight always got (you know what) end of the stick in almost every situation

Advice to Management

Understand you have great workers put into horrible conditions. Standing and only standing for 12+ hours a day, no diversity overnight (ethnicity, gender etc) EEO Employer my butt.

7. "Leadership Listened...Change is Happening"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great to have joined CompuCom recently with the expectation change was on horizon. As of last week, we have a new strategy as well as key changes/additions to the leadership team. Clear that if you don’t embrace change, or you focus just on the “what” and not the “how” you do business, this may not be the environment for you.

Cons

Medical benefits are a challenge from a recruiting perspective, however, expect that is under review as the company continues to align with Office Depot.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay connected with employees over the next several months to ensure the strategy is taking hold, as well as providing the opportunity to ask questions. In addition, lead by example and help drive the new culture.

8. "Warehouse Attitude"

Former Employee - Technical Support
    Former Employee - Technical Support

I worked at CompuCom full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Health benefits were good. Other guys on the team were great to work with.

Cons

Management was very tough on their people, and will usually show up at the contracted worksite, when they want to bust your chops about work load, etc...
    Even when you're one of the top workers, knocking out problem tickets above the expected levels... Pay increases were very inconsistant and small.

Advice to Management

Be easier on, and more honest with you teams.

9. "Director"

I have been working at CompuCom full-time

Pros

Nice place to work while I was there

Cons

Going through lots of changes and lay offs

10. "Horrible Company to work for"

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Birmingham, AL

I worked at CompuCom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

can't give one that would be beneficial

Cons

so many to express, low pay, horrible benefits
    and super micro management. If your manger says to you people say I'm a jerk then believe them.

Advice to Management

get rid of so many people that see your calls and use the savings for pay increase (I know that must scare management)

Showing 1,567 of 1,703 reviews