Farmers Insurance Group Reviews

Accounting

15d

an

Accounting Associate

Any accounting assistants that work at farmers insurance? Curious how you like the role?

2 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Compared to most companies (personal experience and from friends) the benefits are good.(in 355 reviews)
  • "The best part of working for Farmers is the great people you meet while working there.(in 226 reviews)
  • "Good Pay and bonuses.(in 214 reviews)
  • "Great training for a new agent in P&C side of the business when I started in 2003 everybody was really helpful.(in 162 reviews)
  • "Work life balance was good(in 116 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Farmers Insurance Group and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Fast pacer

May 25, 2022 - Service Advocate II
    Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusion, work-life balance, continuous education

Cons

The salary structure needs to improve

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Farmers-an awesome place to work

Apr 30, 2022 - Claims Adjuster
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked for Farmers for almost a year now and can say that it is a great working environment. I received initial training remotely and now work from home. The pay rate for entry level jobs is more than I made at my last job with five years experience! The culture at Farmers is engaging and inclusive.

Cons

I work in claims which is a very fast-paced environment! I don't mind a fast paced work environment, but sometimes it is frustrating not being able to complete all of your work tasks for the day. It is the nature of the job, though.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee

Changes

May 26, 2022 - Organizational Development
    Business Outlook

Pros

Things will always change in the company and stay as up to date as possible.

Cons

Communication is not always relayed to other departments causing issues.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good agents but no growth

May 17, 2022 - Insurance Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some agents you work under can be very easy going and awesome to work for. There can be lots of flexibility and a great work environment if you have the right agent.

Cons

Some agents can be not so great. I’ve notice the pay for producers is pretty low being you have to be licensed for this job. Not much growth working under an agent unless you have all the money to start your own agency.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

NOT FOR THE WEAK...

May 17, 2022 - Farmers Insurance Agent/Agency Owner in Las Cruces, NM
    Business Outlook

Pros

Extreme work ethics will pay off & make you finally feel appreciated! Lol

Cons

Difficult finding/hiring producers Marketing Leads provided feel near phony

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

May 26, 2022 - Senior Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and Growth Opportunities for your career

Cons

Leadership and management often lack the ability to lead high performing teams

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Some good, some bad

May 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, great people and varied work

Cons

Inflexible focus on metrics that are not based in reality, high pressure and customer service work can be mentally taxing

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Personal Lines Insurance Contact Call Center

May 23, 2022 - Service Advocate II (CSR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work Benefits after 30 days Paid training for Personal Lines of Insurance licensing

Cons

Call Center Shift Bids for time off Somewhat Toxic Positivity Environment Hours of Operations may be a con to some employees depending on their work life balance needs Promoting out of the Call Center seems like it would be difficult to achieve

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Steady current internal growth questionable long term growth

May 20, 2022 - Call Center Customer Service Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Frequent movement opportunities and development. Pay is comparable to market with a ton of great benefits.

Cons

Looking at future growth I feel there won't be positive bonuses or great increases in 3-4 years unless some major changes are made at the exec level.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Farmers Purges Successful Agents

Mar 27, 2022 - Insurance Agent in Mobile, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

*None of this is true anymore: I became an agent when they first came to my state. Very low rates and great claims service helped my agency grow.

Cons

My highly profitable and large agency was punished by Farmers when they realized what they'd have to pay me for my book of business. They instituted a policy to purge successful agents by telling us that our contact value would be substantially cut on a date in the near future, BUT if we resigned now, we'd receive the full compensation paid in three separate payments over the next year (so they could extort us to comply with our non-compete by not paying us if we violated it—never mind they were the ones forcing us to resign or lose our contract value). Before this happened, I'd already lost a not-small number of longtime clients to to what was becoming an annual 25–30% rate increase for homeowners and my inability to write ANY cars—seriously, we had the highest rates in the county and state. I (and many other agents with large books) resigned the day before our agencies' value was shredded.

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 4,508 Reviews

Farmers Insurance Group Reviews FAQs

Farmers Insurance Group has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 4,877 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at Farmers Insurance Group to a friend and 58% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Farmers Insurance Group employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Farmers Insurance Group. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

67% of Farmers Insurance Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Farmers Insurance Group 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Farmers Insurance Group to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be workplace, management.

Popular Careers with Farmers Insurance Group Job Seekers