Farmers Insurance Group Reviews

3.8
Farmers Insurance Group CEO Jeff Dailey
Jeff Dailey
1,439 Ratings
Pros
  • "Mentoring Training Benefits Work-Life Balance(in 151 reviews)

• "Good benefits, great company overall(in 137 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be an issue if I allow it(in 93 reviews)

• "no diversity with upper management(in 74 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Farmers Insurance Group and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great

May 4, 2021 - Intermediate Accountant in Grand Rapids, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexility, work-life balance, PTO, culture

Cons

Compensation, my team is understaffed

2. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

I wouldn’t recommend working here

May 5, 2021 - Commercial Underwriter in Caledonia, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Parental leave is at 10 weeks paid. PTO is okay. Pay is average at best.

Cons

Management doesn’t do any development and some barely do any coaching. I don’t hear from mine unless somethings wrong but I’m sure he’ll be praised for the changes he’s forced on us. Pay-like I said average at best. I could care less if I got fired I would be able to find a job in a better area with the same pay/benefits and much less stress. Lack of communication -sales/marketing will make changes and not advise the service center, or the agents find out sooner than the service center, making corporate look as incompetent as it is. Lack of diversity in upper management - seriously it’s mainly old white dudes, and management has been having turnover at higher rates than expected but you bet they’ll throw the next old white guy in that position. Stress-honestly this is the worst part of it. I thought I could get on medication, do therapy -which they provide 6 free sessions of, that should tell you everything, and manage. I was wrong, it’s the slow grind of systems not working, demanding agents and customers, managers grinding you down with metrics, high paced, and lack of communication about changes that makes working here miserableness

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Farmer's cares - made us remote for 1+ year and counting..

Apr 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Farmer's cares, that's the gist. In March 2020 most of our workforce became remote (except the essential workers like security, document processing staff). We're still remote, 1 year later. No worries about coming into the office during a pandemic. We're also making strides in diversity and inclusion (e.g. we're piloting a diverse referral program and also new trainings for all employees and managers). 401k match 6% is amazing. 4% additional invested after 3 years.

Cons

An area for opportunity is training related to having difficult conversations. Multiple examples... when teammates had put in their notice, we were not told immediately - which would have helped with transition. I was also moved teams very suddenly without more than 30 minutes warning.

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

It's okay if you're young and inexperienced

May 3, 2021 - Customer Service Advocate in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good base pay if you have little to no experience and they know this position has very high turn over so they will pretty much interview anyone.

Cons

The position is just dreadful. You're kissing the insurance agents butts and you are doing LICENSED work without actually getting a license because the agent calls in for you to be the lacky and do all the policy service for them under their license number. It's a genius loophole on farmers part to cut out the cost of a licensing program but still have a policy services department. The benefits are pretty good, not as good as other insurance carriers I've worked with but again if you're young then it's better than anything you'll see entry-level.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not Good

May 9, 2021 - Software Engineer in Woodland Hills, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Getting to know people on an individual basis was nice. The cappuccino machine produced some delicious beverages and it was great having a cafe right on campus in Woodland Hills. Gym access was a nice perk too.

Cons

This was the most "political" organization I've worked at. Lots of engineers didn't get along and there were conflicting priorities amongst the engineering teams. There was lots of tension between the full-time engineers and the contractors, who were getting more and more of the work. (some contracting groups) The whole situation was very poorly managed. Also, the open office plan was just horrible for getting work done. It would get VERY loud with everyone in a single large room pairing/talking over each other and it was hard to concentrate. There was also a lack of chairs/tables so if you came in late you were out of luck.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Okay

May 11, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Plantation, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, pay is pretty good

Cons

Not much room for growth

7. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Used to be a lot better

May 6, 2021 - Catastrophe Claims Adjuster in Grand Rapids, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good 401k plan and good benefits

Cons

Farmers seems to have stopped caring about their employees and customer experience and started caring more about their bottom line. The survey they send to customers is flawed because employees are actively encouraged to tell customers that survey's directly reflect the employee.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Good Company

May 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Total Rewards, benefits, 401k match, PTO policy, Community involvement

Cons

None to offer at this time

9. 5.0

Great Company!

Mar 29, 2021 - Service Advocate II in Olathe, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Farmers really cares about their employees. The pay is good, the benefits are GREAT. They care about your life outside of work and the training program is unlike anything I've experienced before! It's a call center job so its not fantastic, but they have so much support for you and make sure you aren't abused by the callers! They also want your career to advance, they have a career development plan for everyone and you can easily move up in the business and move around departments

Cons

Not flexible on hours and can only change hours once a year, assuming you win the bid change.

10. 3.0

Great Benefits But Too Much Change

May 9, 2021 - Special Investigator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are outstanding with a large 401k contribution. Generous PTO that provides additional week after 5 years, 10 years, and 20 years. Flexible work schedule

Cons

Farmers is getting rid of the field and replacing it with technology. If you are looking for a field job, this is not the company for you. Company cars are being reclaimed and field employees are assigned to a desk (auto claims, property claims, liability claims, special investigations).

Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,725 Reviews