Inmar Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2020

3.1
Inmar Chairman and Chief Executive Officer L. David Mounts (no image)
L. David Mounts
Pros
  • "Benefits are good, business is growing and changing, modern work environment(in 13 reviews)

• "Good PTO Package, Casual Dress Code(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management had no clue what was going on(in 15 reviews)

• "Great teams was not helpful and seemed to be very close to management(in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Culture"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Inmar full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast-growing business with lots of opportunities

Cons

Complicated career transitions and leveraging skillset

August 2, 2019Inmar's Response

We're so glad you are enjoying the Inmar culture - you're an essential part of it, so thank you! There are so many exciting opportunities happening across our company. Please engage your Great Teams Business Partner if you are interested in receiving help with transitions or leveraging your skillset. They are an important resource to assist you. Also, make sure you have completed your Career Profile in Workday to include your training, education and professional affiliations and certifications. You can upload your resume, which will help autofill many of the questions to make the process faster. This way, your information is in the system and available for identifying those with skills for new opportunities and projects!

2. "Great company with a family culture"

I worked at Inmar full-time

Pros

Great benefits and generous paid time off

Cons

Not the best work life balance

"Lack of vision stymies potential"

2.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Inmar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- The folks who can tolerate the culture are genuinely friendly and will help you succeed, if you can manage to find the right person to talk to. - Generous travel expense policy, assuming a VP isn't playing some power game with your manager and keeps batting your report back down. - Engineers can have a good amount of autonomy and freedom to explore new technologies and ideas.

Cons

- Inmar is stymied by palace intrigue amongst upper management, caused by and complicated by a growth strategy of acquiring failing small players in industries tangentially related to the company's many other verticals. - Our company was acquired to much fanfare, but it became clear there was no meaningful plan to integrate our product suite, technology, or staff into the company at large. - It was always a struggle to find anyone willing to talk about, much less the right person to speak with regarding, technical integration points or basics such as benefits and career advancement. - On paper, the company offered a bonus based on the performance of the company. This performance is quantified by some arcane means, and communicated sporadically at company-wide meetings with happy and sad faces in a slide deck. For the last three years, in the first half of the year, we would slowly piece together that we hadn't reached the goal. Not only was it a disappointing bonus structure that never really incentivized anything, but the communication was just one more disappointing example of management not being in touch with the people actually producing work. - Be prepared for some uncomfortable moments when executives lead a moment of (thankfully silent) prayer during company-wide meetings, or start a slideshow of babies and wedding photos interjected with "What a beautiful bride" or "Ain't she precious?".

4. "Decent work place"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Inmar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

team members are friendly, projects are manageable.

Cons

low salary compare to the market average.

5. "A Brutally Honest Review"

1.0
    Current Employee - Scanner

I have been working at Inmar full-time for less than a year

Pros

They provide ok Dental and Vision Insurance.

Cons

If you work at Inmar and you are in the warehouse you are treated like a second class citizen. The company will not provide you with adequate supplies to keep and maintain cleanliness standards needed or deemed required. For training for your position in the warehouse. You get trained for two or three days and after that the trainer just watches you till the fifth day. Once your first week is over they don't bother to do much at all. There is a number quota they want everyone to meet but due to the lack of system upgrading and proper management the numbers are only reached by a select few people. The computer networking systems constantly freeze each day resulting in everyone getting lower numbers then they should be having. For holidays you will not get any that you want. Fourth of July is not getting taken off as the recognized holiday on the 3rd ;since it occurs on a weekend they decided to not have people work on the actual fourth of July with the Mandatory Saturdays that will not end. Christmas you only get Christmas Eve and day off, New Years you do not get any days off. The doors to the office used to be open before they moved so you could go and talk with Great Teams (HR) when you wanted, but since the move the only way you can get to them is if you ask security to let you in.

6. "Review"

4.0

I worked at Inmar full-time

Pros

Open to ideas, flexible hours

Cons

Food at cafe can be better

"Poor Financial Health"

1.0

I have been working at Inmar full-time

Pros

None, None, None, and None

Cons

What you've probably heard about this company is true. They are clearly in very poor financial health when they can't weather the storm for a short period without taking money out of the associates pockets. Company wide salary cuts effective for a minimum of 3 months and no raises, bonuses or 401k matching for the rest of the year. First the CEO said the pay cuts would only be for managers and above, but surprisingly a few days later in the all hands meeting he announced it would be company wide. Here is the breakdown. Hourly & Salaried < $74,999 5% reduction $75,000 - $99,999 10% reduction $100,000 - $174,999 20% reduction $175,000+ 25% reduction No one trusts the CEO or management. They do not communicate and love to drop bomb shells and don't care about their associates.

May 4, 2020Inmar's Response

If you are an Inmar associate who is attending David Mounts' online updates each Monday, your feedback is somewhat surprising. Like most companies, and would logically be expected, our business has been affected by the pandemic. Some areas have seen reductions, while others have actually seen an increase in volume - a benefit of our diversified business areas. As David Mounts shared in his initial update to associates regarding Inmar's COVID-19 response, we are taking precautionary measures as a team to ensure our business remains strong through the pandemic. While temporary reductions in salary are, of course, difficult, we believe that they are preferable to large-scale job cuts that some companies have undergone. Our plan rather is to band together, get through the crisis in a strong position to respond quickly to evolving market needs and opportunities. Associates experiencing hardships were able to seek exemptions from the temporary reduction in salary as well. Consistent with the caring, team-oriented, resolute nature of Inmar associates, overall they have responded with the innovative, can-do spirit that has kept us strong and growing for 40 years knowing that we are stronger together.

8. "Great"

Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Inmar full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Awesome work environment overall

Cons

Nothing outside the of the ordinary

March 19, 2020Inmar's Response

Thanks for your feedback! We are glad that you have found your place at Inmar! Please be sure to participate in our Pulse Surveys to let us know how we can keep getting better.

"Not Senior Friendly"

2.0

I worked at Inmar full-time

Pros

Health insurance good but expensive

Cons

Not senior friendly. You probably will not grow old there.

"Good but not modern"

Current Employee - Analyst in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Inmar full-time for less than a year

Pros

Generally the culture is pretty good. 20 PTO days.

Cons

Expensive healthcare, steep learning curve, so many acquisitions employees are stretched so thin. Would love work from home options, cannot believe a tech/data company is so afraid to let employees work from home! This will cause many (younger) employees to look for work with more flexible accommodations.

March 6, 2020Inmar's Response

Those who spend time at Inmar Intelligence know we have some of the most amazingly gifted, passionate and caring associates anywhere! The collaboration and energy they exchange lead to amazing innovation. It's our first corporate value "We believe teamwork and positive energy create the best results." For that reason, we do emphasize time together in any one of our offices across the U.S., Canada, Mexico and India. There are associates who work from a home office, those who occasionally do and those who take advantage of our Flex Location Program and move for a time to try an entirely new city. We are in a period of exciting growth and our support and encouragement of one another are so important! There are several healthcare plans and options to provide one that meets your needs - and wellness incentives to help you lower your costs even more. Our Benefits team will be happy to meet with you to ensure you are aware of all you have available. Thanks for your feedback - be sure to also share your feedback on our monthly Pulse Surveys!

Found 247 reviews