Inmar Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 18, 2019

2.8
L. David Mounts

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Benefits are good, business is growing and changing, modern work environment" (in 13 reviews)

• "Good PTO Package, Casual Dress Code" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management had no clue what was going on" (in 14 reviews)

• "Great teams was not helpful and seemed to be very close to management" (in 9 reviews)

1. "Shift leader/supervisor"

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Spartanburg, SC
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Spartanburg, SC

I worked at Inmar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Got to get a lot of experience in all Microsoft software, also actually enjoy doing the paperwork, pay raise, great benefits, awesome management, loved training new employees

Cons

Working a lot of extra overtime, people would call in I’d have to fill in their position and do all of my duties...

Advice to Management

Not a thing, management was awesome!

2. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Scanner in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Scanner in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Inmar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good place to work

Cons

Don't have very good pay

"Director"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Inmar full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people and a very unique industry. Good pay, average benefits. Room for advancement, but only so far. Company continues to move into new business opportunities to help growth. Good place for younger talent to learn, then move on.

Cons

Stole (converted) bonuses the last couple of years and turned them into worthless stock options of a privately held company. Management is way too close to the vest from what appears to be a lack of trust in people. Honesty should always be the best policy.

"Be careful"

I worked at Inmar full-time

Pros

Various opportunities, community engagement, flexible hours, casual environment, brilliant people, good PTO package.

Cons

Very money driven, cheap benefits, cliques within management, some management disingenuousness, worthless HR, spends more money on parties and then whines about not meeting bottom line, crap hardware, favoritism.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Don't lie to your employees.

"Good for experience, but long term outlook not great"

I have been working at Inmar full-time

Pros

Flexibility, work/life balance, and nice culture

Cons

Pay is lower than what salary should be for position

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees enough to pay them well enough to live.

Inmar Response

Nov 26, 2018 – Inmar's Response

We are glad you are enjoying the Inmar culture. It is something that Leadership, Great Teams (HR), Corporate Communications and so many others work very hard to cultivate and support. Of course... More

"It's a Job, I guess"

Current Employee - AR Specialist
    Current Employee - AR Specialist

I have been working at Inmar full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, location, incentives, downtown, culture is mostly positive, supports local business

Cons

Low pay, fair distribution of work is questionable, "merit increases" do not match inflation to help with cost of living in the US, HR is not great at follow-up correspondence

Advice to Management

Overall: It really looks like they try to listen sometimes and promote growth in employees, but some people are obviously "stuck" because while the benefits are good, the low pay and endless high volume of work for entry level positions like this one keeps them where they are. Acquisitions and movement in the company causes peoples' efforts and accomplishments to fall through the cracks amid the professional chaos. If you're a skilled overachiever coming in through this entry-level position, do not expect anyone to be impressed or reward you for anything. They will become complacent with your skills and fail to offer any additional opportunities for growth and pile on the work until you break with no actual incentive. A/R Specialist appears to be an "umbrella" title used to make it allowable for upper leadership to have entry-level associates take on larger responsibilities not originally listed in their initial job description, and not compensate/recognize them appropriately in the long term despite any positive additions or contributions to the growth of the company.

Inmar Response

Nov 28, 2018 – Inmar's Response

Inmar is growing - organically and through acquisition, so things do move at a very fast pace! If you haven't done so, please watch David Mounts' Pulse Survey video series on the Informer website... More

"Non"

I worked at Inmar full-time

Pros

Horrible not good sucks so bad

Cons

Drama field like high school

8. "Billing Specialist"

I worked at Inmar part-time

Pros

People are willing to help when needed
    Easy work, lots of help

Cons

Lots of micromanaging
    People leave soon

Advice to Management

Let employees do their work

9. "Good"

Pros

Treats like any other job

Cons

U get money if u work

Advice to Management

Help a dude out Damm

"Absolutely Loved My Job but was Involuntarily Terminated"

Former Employee - Unemployed in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Unemployed in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Inmar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great People! Great People! The Flexibility was awesome! The environment was terrific! I encourage anybody to apply if you background meets their needs!

Cons

The only Con that I had about this company which I would not put full blame on the company! Just a certain employee. Also if you come in as a temp, please know that you can be terminated for anything and not have a chance to even know why you are being terminated! This happened to me! Be aware of this if you are a temp employee.

Advice to Management

As I said before I loved my job I worked in the recall department and to be honest I wish I was still there. I was terminated 10/15/2018 for an unknown reason, I believe that is very unfair and wish that I was given an explanation as to why my "contract ended early". I will still provide a great review because despite what happened to me I still believe in this company. I even rated this company 5 stars on google and received a very positive response. My advice to management is to please speak to the lower management staff about empathy and problem solving skills which is lacking! Also fairness should also be conversation that is considered. Thank you for listening!