Inmar Reviews

Updated Apr 26, 2021

3.9
Inmar Chairman and Chief Executive Officer L. David Mounts (no image)
L. David Mounts
Pros
  • "The people at Inmar and the policies make for a good work environment(in 13 reviews)

• "Great people and programs for advancement(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management shows nepotism(in 16 reviews)

• "very difficult work life balance(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Forward Thinking Company

Apr 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The leadership team is trustworthy, thoughtful and hard working.

Cons

Nothing to share - I appreciate the opportunity to work at Inmar.

Inmar's Response

Thank you for taking time to share your perspective. It means a great deal. And we appreciate the opportunity to have you on the team!

2. 2.0
      Former Employee

Interesting Ideas Marred by Strategic Incoherence

Feb 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most teammates at Inmar are good, likable people. There are interesting problems to solve.

Cons

The leadership of the company makes really strange decisions. They disregard negative evaluations of acquisitions and partnerships beforehand, then acquire the company or sign the partnership anyway and end up regretting it. When they regret it, they fire everyone who came aboard due to the decision and then move on to the next (identical) situation. The company has a position in a lot of strategic verticals, but they don't invest heavily in anything. The engineering teams are overworked and understaffed, and quality/reliability suffer as a result. The quality/reliability gap is then used as a justification for more M&A, which fails the same as previous M&A disasters. Overall it feels like a company that will either be around for another fifty years, eking out a small profit and slowly declining, or spectacularly explode after one of the acquisitions fails. Their attitude toward employees is demonstrated by their reaction to the pandemic. One week, they announced that manager- and executive-level employees would be taking a pay cut to help "weather the storm." The next week, they quietly sent out a scale of universal pay cuts, applicable to all employees. The previously-mentioned manager/executive pay cuts were not mentioned again.

6 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Fast Paced Expansion Period

Apr 26, 2021 - Client Development Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits package with healthy PTO offering at start. Lots of different opportunities in other areas of business.

Cons

Company is trying to grow rapidly, so there are frequent organizational changes and initiatives.

Inmar's Response

Nothing is more important than associate well-being, which is why our benefits are important and reviewed continually to respond to changing associate needs - such as broadened, easier access to support mental health in 2020 as people work to handle the many challenges associated with the pandemic. Our growth and the opportunities we have as individuals to advance our careers and as a company! We are glad you are a member of the team! Please always share your ideas for helping us be better every day through your manager or any leader, or through your Great Teams Business Partner and Pulse Surveys!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Excellent combination of awesome an culture and innovation

Mar 1, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have yet to meet an individual at Inmar who doesn't enjoy what they do and love where the company is headed. Everyone is so nice! They solutions we are providing to our clients are unique and can truly have an impact on the everyday consumer, which is cool.

Cons

Sometimes it feels like there are a lot of changes at once, but with a growing company you have to be able to pivot quickly.

Inmar's Response

We are moving quickly - and you're right, the ability to pivot and react quickly is key for success. That is especially true with the rate consumers need companies to innovate to help them maneuver challenging times. That is why we are here. Thanks for bringing your talents and a growth mindset to your team!

5. 5.0

Great Culture, Leadership, and Growth Opportunities

Mar 31, 2021 - Client Development
      Business Outlook

Pros

Many career opportunities, continuous learning

Cons

Complex organization, confirmation biases, process automation

Inmar's Response

We are growing and are glad that you are plugging into the opportunities to grow your career at Inmar! Great culture requires great people, like you! Thank you for all you bring to the team, our clients and families! The Inmar business is complex and diverse, which is a positive and can present challenges. Always reach out to share your ideas and needs through Pulse Surveys, your leader or Business Partner. Together we can be better every day.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Absolutely terrible company if you don't live in Winston-Salem

Mar 26, 2021 - Product Lead in Winston-Salem, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for if you enjoy company politics.

Cons

They only promote and acknowledge people who play into the politics. The majority of people in management positions are either people who somehow failed up or came in via a merger and are too bewildered by the cult-like company culture to do anything helpful so instead they wait out their contract and leave. The management often claims credit for ideas that are not theirs only to later have credit stolen from them by their managers anyway. The C-Level team is oblivious to reality and wouldn't know leadership if it bit them in the pants. The CEO gives moronic locker room pep-talk style speaches that are so full of church talk and attempts to be inspirational that they make absolutely no sense. We once had an emergency all hands meeting where the CEO tried to outline his new strategy. All we got was an incomprehensable twenty minute speech where he told us that the C-Level suite had spent the last 3 months coming up with something he called "The Double-Barrelled Turbo Plan." They literally had a skit and a dance routine to announce it. That's it. He told us the name. Did a dance and never once outlined what was in the plan. No strategy. No actionable tactics. Just a ton of pomp and circumstance. Most of us all left the meeting comfused with the exception of the management team who lauded him as a genius... These guys are sitting on a literal gold mine but have no clue how to properly move into it into the 21st century. The leadership team is actively sabotaging the company's growth trajectory and anyone brought on to right the ship is immediately treated as a heretic if they disagree. You may think I am being hyperbolic here, but I assure you I am not. This isn't even the tip of the iceburg. It was much worse. If your company is bought by them you will see what I am talking about. Especially after your first all hands company meeting (read Church Sermon) in Winston-Salem. They even have a church band...

5 people found this review helpful
    7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

management

Mar 26, 2021 - Scanner in Reno, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

coworkers were great got along with pretty much everyone, we were always busy and the days went by quickly

Cons

we had one supervisor that talked to us like we were 2 years old. I am still at aw as to how that specific supervisor is still there. He/she must have something that can be held over someone else head

8. 3.0
      Former Employee

Good people, good work-life balance, not the best pay

Apr 12, 2021 - Account Manager in Rogers, AR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, good work-life balance, not the best pay

Cons

A lot of work without compensation to match

9. 5.0

Great Culture

Mar 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Inmar is a growing company with a great culture.

Cons

Any growing company has growing pains, but they do a good job of working through them.

Inmar's Response

You're so right - we are growing and growing pains are inevitable. We work to stay focused on continuous improvement, adjusting and getting better every day, to innovate and respond as the marketplace, our clients', consumers' and our associates' needs change. Please always share your ideas and perspective through pulse surveys, your manager, etc. We get better together!

10. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Mar 3, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Winston-Salem, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Abundant opportunity to learn and advance your career.

Cons

Management doesn't always seem to care for the employees.

Inmar's Response

It is so good to hear that you are taking advantage of opportunities to learn and advance your career! But we want to understand the reason for your perspective regarding management. Please reach out so that we can help - through pulse surveys, your manager, a manager in your chain of command, your Great Teams Business Partner. Our culture is that we care for one another and we want to support you and help address your feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 301 Reviews