What people are saying about Mastercard
Startups and Entrepreneurship
Hey guys, I'm looking to transition into early/ growth stage startup (<50) I am a recovering startup founder who worked on 3 startups over 8 years: from clean tech, to construction tech, to Last Mile Delivery; With acquisition from AWS, and a large hedge funds Over the last year, I worked as a technical lead with a legacy insurance carrier (<$1B), I built out an in house AI analytics infra improving top-line rev by 80M. While working at Mastercard as a TechLead. What is the startup market like?
Got a burning question about Mastercard? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Mastercard employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good work life balance and if willing to learn new thing you will have ample scope." (in 561 reviews)
- "Great benefits and some stock options depending on the level" (in 442 reviews)
- "Many companies talk about have a great culture while Mastercard walks the talk on this." (in 353 reviews)
- "Some people are great and helpful" (in 328 reviews)
- "Good Work culture and employee policies" (in 159 reviews)
- "Management is poor" (in 112 reviews)
- "There are some bad managers you wouldn't want to work for but it seems to be improving very slowly." (in 96 reviews)
- "Long hours depending on department; such a large company that you may feel like a small fish in a big pond" (in 47 reviews)
- "Procrastinators are abundant within senior management." (in 40 reviews)
- "no career progression for customer service jobs" (in 31 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Mastercard and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 4,931 of over 6K reviews
Updated Sep 22, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWApr 6, 2023Senior Executive AssistantCurrent Employee
Mastercard cares about its employees. They actually listen to each of us no matter what position someone holds. Your career means something to management because its philosophy is individual's make the whole what it is. I will never regret leaving where I came from to be a part of this amazing company.
I don't have anything but good things to say about Mastercard.3
- 5.0Sep 15, 2023Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsSaint Louis, MO
Good Employee benefits, work life balance, Technology and Great Learning
Nothing much to say at this point of time
Mastercard Reviews FAQs
Mastercard has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 6,012 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at Mastercard to a friend and 88% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
89% of Mastercard employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Mastercard 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.