Mastercard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mastercard Interview Questions

Interviews at Mastercard

2.9

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mastercard.

Interview

Very slow process from start to finish. Three rounds spanning several months. Poor communication. Interview was rushed and disorganized. The interview was held in a very small office. Interviewers were checking their emails and text messages throughout.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Mastercard?   1 Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

Interview

In-person, then phone, final round on-site. Strategy-heavy, not a lot of math. Know how to think about products. They gave lots of product cases and product design questions, very open-ended and driven by the interviewer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Mastercard (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

This role was for the entry level/freshers or having experience with 1-2 years.

The first technical round consists of 2 technical questions, where they check your basics knowledge of data structures and algorithms ,lambda .

Interview Questions

• 2 coding questions of 45 mins each (cannot expose the questions as it is against their rights )   Answer Question

Senior Business Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mastercard (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

I already had two interviews, 1st one was telephonic with recruiter in Singapore, the 2nd one was a face to face interview with the head of the department and I am currently waiting to attend my 3rd interview with the HR department.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard in January 2020.

Interview

Was a 40 minute phone call, with some general questions about background experience. Overall, the team that I interviewed with was very relaxed about it, with some general expectations involving the role itself.

Interview Questions

• Asked about general internship experience.   2 Answers

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mastercard.

Interview

Cases were more math intensive. However, during on-site, it felt like my interviewers didn't even want me there. They won't tell me information that I ask for and sort of looks at me as I go down the wrong rabbit hole.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mastercard.

Interview

Applied through Handshake. Two 30 min 1-1 interviews on campus. One case and one market sizing. The two interviewers are nice. I may need more case experiences to ace them.

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ballston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Ballston, VA).

Interview

About a three week long process and I was interviewing for Mastercard's Data and Services. It was a really good experience overall, however it was quite intensive. It started off with two video interviewers (portfolio review and application critique). Then, later you are invited to attend the final rounds of interviews, and then given a take home design assignment. You're assigned an interview "buddy" (a person that works there) that will answer any questions you might have for the assignment or the interview process in general. For the final round, they had an Welcome Dinner the night before the Final interviews, which was really great because you got know meet your potential interviewers and learn a lot more about the company. Then at the final round, you undergo 4 rounds of interviews (portfolio review, design challenge, behavioral, and presentation of your take home assignment) and lunch with different people in all types of positions. Overall, a really great experience; everyone was nice and super helpful in telling you more about what is expected for the position and work culture.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mastercard.

Interview

Really well handled, they did on campus interviewing at my school. Met with two engineers for 45 minutes each. We just worked through two algorithmic problems together and then talked about different methods that could be used to solve the problem. More a conversation than anything else

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mastercard.

Interview

one round technical interview with the data team manager, mainly focused on database design and query. Second round is behaviour through a phone call, a general discussion of resume and some standard behaviour questions. It was a bit surprising to have the sizing problem in part of data engineer interview.

Interview Questions

• Given spreadsheet, transform tables into a relational database.
      Based on the database designed, asked to write a couple of queries   Answer Question