Mastercard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mastercard Interview Questions

Interviews at Mastercard

2.9

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard in July 2020.

Interview

Four interviews in total. Recruiter was clear on the end to end process and gave good feedback along the way. Interviews started with HR, then progressed into hiring VP and two additional interviews with panels of VPs. Questions were largely situational and behavioral with technical questions mixed throughout.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict?
      What technology are you most excited about?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mastercard.

Interview

This particular interview was via Skype. It was one of the more difficult interviews I've encountered. It seems like they were "unicorn shopping" and just doing other interviews to fulfill a quota. Frankly, I'm surprised I got pulled in for the interview, given the questions I was presented with vs. my background. The JD really didn't match up well with the line of questioning. I don't think I'll be applying there again.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

It is a very slow process and took almost 3 months to organize 3 interviews with a VP and 2 directors. Very unorganized and there is hardly any communication from the HR recruiter. I think HR should be respectful of the candidate's time and provide feedback as soon as possible.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2020.

Interview

Pretty casual and positive process. Kept me informed throughout the application process. I was pretty nervous. You will need to know your concepts properly, interviewer cannot be fooled. Google questions related to job description prior to interview.

Interview Questions

• Signed non disclosure agreement   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mastercard.

Interview

Very slow process from start to finish. Three rounds spanning several months. Poor communication. Interview was rushed and disorganized. The interview was held in a very small office. Interviewers were checking their emails and text messages throughout.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Mastercard?   1 Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

Interview

In-person, then phone, final round on-site. Strategy-heavy, not a lot of math. Know how to think about products. They gave lots of product cases and product design questions, very open-ended and driven by the interviewer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Mastercard (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

This role was for the entry level/freshers or having experience with 1-2 years.

The first technical round consists of 2 technical questions, where they check your basics knowledge of data structures and algorithms ,lambda .

Interview Questions

• 2 coding questions of 45 mins each (cannot expose the questions as it is against their rights )   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

Two conversations with current product managers about their roles and what product management entails. They also asked questions about my background and experiences. Both were conducted via phone calls and lasted roughly 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on the newest iPhone?   1 Answer

Senior Business Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mastercard (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

I already had two interviews, 1st one was telephonic with recruiter in Singapore, the 2nd one was a face to face interview with the head of the department and I am currently waiting to attend my 3rd interview with the HR department.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard in January 2020.

Interview

Was a 40 minute phone call, with some general questions about background experience. Overall, the team that I interviewed with was very relaxed about it, with some general expectations involving the role itself.

Interview Questions

• Asked about general internship experience.   3 Answers