Mastercard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 21, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mastercard (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

The interview took place at my university. It was a pretty straightforward interview. The HR asked several questions based on the resume. Be prepared to bring some questions about the company. The interview took about 20 minutes.

Vice President, Product Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mastercard.

Interview

Phone screen allowed me to bring my job history to life and make connections to the role. Discussed location, relo, office environment, clarified role, next steps. The staffing lead saw an obvious fit between my background/skills and the role so it was a pretty easy-going initial interview.

Interview Questions

• Bring your resume to life for me   Answer Question
    • Are you ok with the location?   Answer Question
    • Can't ask you about comp but it appears the role is in the right range from what described in online application.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mastercard (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The process is long, the first interview with HR was fair and objective, there were no trick questions but I didn`t receive any feedback for 4 weeks. The conversation took almost an hour and the professional was not invasive.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in Mastercard?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in O'Fallon, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mastercard (O'Fallon, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied to on-line job listing. Within 2 weeks I was contacted by HR for a telephone screening interview. This was followed by telephone interview, followed by in-person interview on site.

Interview Questions

• Did my previous job have formal procedures for code reviews and acceptance testing   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mastercard (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Just one phone interview. (Others hired for same position did multiple phone interviews.) Fairly basic. Just greeting, about us, tell me about you, complete. Took about four days to hear back with offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your last job.   1 Answer

Human Resources Reporting and Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mastercard (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview mostly consisted of questions about my background and relating it to the job description. Some of the interview was spent talking about the position itself and what it entails. Since the position is an uncommon one to find the interviewer helped clarify how analysis is used in their HR department to inform hiring decisions.

Business Integration Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mastercard in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through their website and waited for three weeks and then get an email from the HR. Had a phone interview asking me about my team work experience.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mastercard (Miami, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

By far one of the best process, great experience. Logical interviewing questions; to the point Very impressed with the overall process, from the first phone conversation to subsequent in-person meetings.

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mastercard (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

four interviews, one with hiring manager, one with technical architects, one with peer of hiring manager and in the same organization, and one with an executive from a business partner.

Interview Questions

• Describe your background and why you are ideal for this role?   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mastercard (Purchase, NY).

Interview

I found the job posting via career services at my school. Interviewed with 3 group heads. Mainly fit and each person described what their specific group does. I was asked mainly about my previous background and what my interests were. I was called a few days later by HR and asked which group I wanted to join, then I was given a formal offer to join the analyst program in the group of my choice.