AT&T Associate Applications Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AT&T Associate Applications Developer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2016

Associate Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Very similar to what everybody else is posting here. I initially met AT&T at my school's career fair after which I applied online. My resume was pushed through by a recruiter and I then received an in-person interview a couple of weeks later. I met with three current employees, and the interview consisted of behavioral and technical questions. All of the technical questions were computer science questions. I'm not a computer science major, so I didn't do too well on the technical portion but I later received an email saying that I had been chosen to move forward in the process. Unfortunately, I never heard from them again after that.

Interview Questions

• Many computer science questions mixed in with behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Associate Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T in October 2015.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews: A screening, technical/behavioral interview and final interview with hiring manager. The interviews were very relaxed (none of them in person). The job is technical by nature but my interview was mostly based on explaining how I would solve a solution with code, which is much easier than a whiteboard challenge. The coolest part was that I was able to demo one of my web apps I developed and show them some source code.

Interview Questions

• How would you reverse the words in a string, without reversing the characters?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Experience Weekend a bit too late so all of the spots were filled, so they gave me an interview instead.

AT&T has close ties to the school I go to, so I meet with them a couple of times before actually applying. I had a close-ish relationship with one of the hire managers I met at a competition they sponsored.

Interview was fairly laid back but they focus any experience you listed on your resume.
    How you solved problems?, ....

Interview Questions

• What are some major principles of Object Oriented Design?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Applying as a senior in college. Applied through the AT&T careers website. Received an email from and did a phone screen with a college recruiter roughly a week after my online application. He vetted me and then sent me on to a two-part call: one with the hiring manager and one with the "tech guy" to ascertain my level of technical knowledge. A few days after the interview, received a request for my SSN for tax purposes. A few days after that, received a call from the college recruiter about my offer.

NB: I was not drug-tested, but there may have been one upon offer acceptance according to a friend (urine test).

Interview Questions

• Data structures, algorithmic complexity, basic 200-level CS concepts.   Answer Question

Associate Applications Developer Interview

Interview

1. Skype pre-screen interview
    2. In person interview with a few team members. Mix of behavioral and technical questions (whiteboard and technical concept questions)
    3. One-on-one interview with one of the higher ups if pass

Only reason my overall experience rating is neutral instead of positive is because during the interview, they stated they would follow up with me. Despite thank you and follow up e-mails, I never heard back. Found it disrespectful, but heard it's common these days.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AT&T (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Three round interview process . One to One . Skype interview and telephonic interview. All rounds were more than 1 hour . Based on my past experience they asked. It was a full stack developer job you they asked me questions on Frameworks related to Angular JS, Ember JS ,Java, SQL. They might also give assesment test related to perl and PHP

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Atlanta, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

I got a prescreening skype interview which lasted about 20 minutes, and then about 7 days later they contacted me asking to schedule a technical/behavioral interview. That lasted for about an hour and then literally hours after the interview I got scheduled a final interview to speak with the director of the program, and a day after the final interview, I received a job offer.

Interview Questions

• If you were to start walking right now to Los Angeles, how long would it take you (in time)?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2013.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a college career fair and ended up getting an interview a few weeks later.

The interview was a few really simple technical questions., mostly behavior questions.

It was pretty relaxed. Most of my interviewers weren't technical, which was disappointing to not hear about the work from someone actually performing the work.

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T (Middletown, NJ) in March 2012.

Interview

Quick soft interview with ~15 questions followed by a longer technical interview with around 10 problems. The soft interview was all basic personality questions to see if you were enough of an adult to work in a professional environment. The technical interview was with two developers who asked a range of easy to difficult questions to observe your problem solving skills.

Interview Questions

• How many quarters would it take to stack up to the height of the empire state building?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Austin, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Initially contacted by HR to see if I was interested. Upon letting them know I was interested there was about a 1 week wait before a hiring manager contacted me. The hiring manager asked basic questions about my resume and some basic knowledge questions. After completing the phone interview I was contacted again by HR a week later and asked in for a formal in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of 3 hours meeting 5 different people, 3 hiring managers and 2 new-hires. Each hiring manager was director of a different department and all asked different questions on different technical topics. The new-hires gave me the basics about the company, how it was to work there and asked me some general questions/personality questions. Upon completion of the in-person interview I got a call 3 weeks later with a formal offer, which I accepted. After accepting the offer I got an e-mail with all of he things I need to do. Drug test, background checks, international background check and credit check. The background check is incredibly thorough and you better make sure you have phone numbers for any reference or school you put down. They check everything on your resume for legitimacy. I passed this process which took a month and a half. and was hired in June. Total time from interview to hire was about 60 days.

Interview Questions

• Of all the layers of the OSI model, are they all required or could you make a model with less layers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was none existant, for my position only 1 salary was offered and it was not up for negotiation.