Advisory Board Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 15, 2018
1,065 Interview Reviews

2.8

Research Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

First round: 30 min phone call with recruiter. Fair questions about interests in healthcare and details on resume, educational background. Provided clear information about next steps in the interview process and when I could expect to hear back. Interviewer left time for my questions and answered fully.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

First interview was technical interview. Group interview. Made you work out a problem in front of them, told you to think out loud. Using any programming language was acceptable. Had couple of problems. Was applying for front end. Didn't get past the first technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Given a array return substrings.   1 Answer

Membership Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

I applied online. Got a email a few days later asking to set up a phone interview. The interview was a simple resume walk through. Got a email a few days later saying they were going another direction.

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

First hr, then technical screen then onsite. The first few rounds went normal, nothing unusual. My negative experience started from the second round on site. First, two people came in, the first one briefly shake hand and then changed to a somehow mocking cold face, just imagine a face that tells you that you would fail. Then when the other interviewer asked me some questions, the first one kept working on her computer and scarcely deigns a glance at me, needless to say, I already sense a sign that I was going to fail. Yes, and later when she asked some questions, clearly she didn't figure out what to ask, and when she finally ask something, she asked me a concept that rarely used in my past work and showed a happy face when I said I didn't use it, also wanted me to complete the table schema in her thoughts, yes, no paper to write, no whiteboard to use, she just said it, sometimes even in very lower voice like talking to herself and you have to figure out what they want, the other interviewer also ask questions based on what she proposed. Which I can't give them exactly what she wanted, again, even bigger smile... at that point, I already lost patience and stopped thinking hard, also just hope it ends soon, I'm sure they feel the same way. While I do admit I need improvements on some knowledge, the attitude showed by her is certainly not professional, it's very interesting to see how she changed faces when looking at me and the other interviewer, one is mocking, the other is flattering. I doubt if the other interviewer noticed that. There was supposed to be another interviewer after them, but later the first interviewer notified me he would not come because of busy work, I figured must be second round caused that, but it doesn't matter anyway because the total interview process is different then what they told me in the email. In the end, I'm not very sad for not getting the job.

Interview Questions

• Figure out what interviewers wanted to do in their minds in SQL   1 Answer

Health Care Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in November 2017.

Interview

I was told the first round interview would be a 30 minute phone interview with HR. It ended up being about 15 minutes long. Basically just asked why I wanted to work for advisory board and I walked the interviewer through my resume. They then said I would hear back in a few weeks about the next round of interviews but I ended up hearing back the next day that I had made it to the second interview. The second round consists of a 90 minute case writing exercise and an hour long case style interview with someone from the department I would be working in.

Interview Questions

• Why advisory board? What is your past experience with research? What is your GPA?   Answer Question

Commercial/Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied with a resume to attend their Winter Hires Day - the day-long event concluded in a first-round, 30 minute interview. The following Monday I was asked for a second round interview via Skype with 4 different employees. All were great interviews, very nice people and the Winter Hires Day was well-executed

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

The process was overall pretty long since I was brought in to interview with multiple teams for the same "coordinator" position. Initially, you are interviewed by phone. Pretty soon after they will follow up to confirm a schedule for your in person interviews. Expect your schedule to be blocked for 3+ hours. The interview questions were very standard and with basic prep are very easy to answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one time you've let something slip through the cracks and how did you fix it   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the school's career website and they gave me feedback and arranged for my first interview only after 5 business day. We I replied my available time for first phone interview they responded quickly. I do appreciate their high efficiency with all the application and job seekers.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and had a half hour phone interview with a HR recruiter. They told me they'd get back to me within the next week regarding whether I'd been selected to move forward in the interview process. I never heard back from them, even after e-mailing the HR recruiter who set up my interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a past research project?   Answer Question
    • Is there anything you would do differently (regarding a past research project)?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

First round: phone call with a recruiter with typical behavioral questions, though did ask why I chose my majors and the university I attend. The second round was on site in DC where you have 3 behavioral and 3 cases. Each round has 1 behavioral and 1 case. The interviewers were super helpful when you got stuck, but it's super important to ask questions and to have an understanding of case interviewing. Having an understanding of healthcare would be helpful in being creative but not necessary, as though 2 of my cases were healthcare focused, they were looking more at strategy than knowledge. Overall, the people were awesome and really easy to talk to. It was like a conversation throughout.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in healthcare? What experiences have you had that equip you for this job? Resume run through   Answer Question