Arizona State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 19, 2017

2.5

Community Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

Apply online with resume, cover letter, recommendations, etc.; receive email or phone call inviting an interview; interview on mass interview day with a panel of supervisors and current employees; two-part interview including 1:1 and group activity-based interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you incorporate and understand diversity in your role when building the community?   1 Answer

Desk Assistant Interview

Interview

Its a phone interview and they are very friendly
    you get asked basic questions about customer service and being professional on the job.
    they except short and honest answers. Know the policies and emergency procedures well and you should be good

Interview Questions

• what if you see resident unconscious and need of medical help   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

Please avoid it if you are not US citizen or permanent resident. The university is least interested to even answer your queries regarding sponsorship. HR is not helpful. Overall not a positive organization/university to work for.

Undergraduate Research Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

1. I asked a professor if I could work for him. 2. I worked on a volunteer basis while my suitability was assessed and I was trained. 3. The professor had the job posted and had me apply for it.

Interview Questions

• What is your GPA? How well do you actually know your field?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arizona State University in August 2017.

Interview

After a person is shortlisted based on their resume, they get an interview call which could be in-person or over Skype/Hangout/Phone. It is followed by an offer letter, which when accepted leads to a background check.

Desk Assistant Interview

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very straight forward. You apply for the job. If you're qualified, you get an interview. From there it is all in your hands to make the best out of it.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview

Applied online. Took them about 4+ months to call me, but I now work there and see that is common.

Phone interview with several members of team. They usually ask about 4 or 5 situational questions. If you are familiar with STAR format, that is the system they follow. A week later I was called back for an in-person interview.

In person interview took place on campus. Panel included my potential supervisor, a member of the team, a person who was doing a job similar to the one I was interviewing for, and another member of the department I was interviewing with. Was called 2 weeks later with an offer. Pay was bottom of the range and firm - no negotiating possible. I accepted because I really wanted to work for ASU and haven't regretted it.

Random Tips:
    I have since been on several hiring committees at ASU and the experience outlined above is commonly how things work. The hiring managers like to have a mixture of individuals on the interview panels to get a more well-rounded opinion of the candidate and they will include people at all levels, not just manager-types. This being an organization that focuses heavily on student engagement and the ability to work with diverse populations, the focus is generally on how well-liked you will be and how easily you connect with people from various backgrounds/job levels. The questions will follow a STAR format and they will be grading you based on how well your response shows job-area knowledge and how your experience relates to the position. The questions themselves are not hard to answer and are very basic. What I have found through working with various committees is that they are mostly looking for someone who can easily do the job with little training, will be well-liked by both students and staff (i.e. have a positive attitude, show initiative, show that you are really excited to work with students and be part of a college environment..they really like positive, upbeat people and will refer constantly to the "energy" a person put forth in the interview) and has as much experience as possible. This is not the type of place, culturally, where they are looking to train someone who has never done the job...experience is key. Even if your experience is just as a student worker or through an internship, you should focus on how that experience will translate well into the position you're interviewing for. Before you go to the interview, really read the job description and think about ways that your experience relates to what they are looking for. They personally screen the resumes and will be looking for well-written cover letters that connect experience to the position they're hiring for. It's a very casual workplace and it's okay to show some personality but we have definitely had people who go overboard. Show that you are flexible, fun and able to get the job done. Remember that it is all about the students and helping them stay engaged and supported.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time in a previous/current position that a process changed with very little notice and how you adapted to that change?   1 Answer
    • Please share with us a little about yourself and how this position fitting in your career path.   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

The interview stretched across three days and included a reception just for me, attended by students and faculty, hosted by a faculty member at her home. The department chair heavily hinted that I'd be hearing from him with a job offer in the near future.

Interview Questions

• What about ASU attracts you as an applicant?   1 Answer

Student Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for a job online through the ASU external application website. It looked like processing couple weeks, and I got the phone notice to go with the 45 min. interview in-person at ASU SSV building.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have dealt with the problem?   Answer Question

Recitation Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

It was mostly based on my previous experiences, since I was a TA for a course like this before, they just made sure that I knew the material, and was aware of my role and the rules

Interview Questions

• The classes that I have had and my grade in them   1 Answer