Arizona State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.5

Laboratory Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

The interview process was professional and very straight forward. It lasted about 30 minutes to 1 hour. They had an initial phone interview then a secondary 1:1 face interview and finally an interview with the entire team.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working in this lab?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

Skype interview based on some recommendation from a faculty from a different university to the interviewer who was a faculty at ASU. The professor wanted to make sure I have a deep understanding of the research I am doing and capable of doing research

Interview Questions

• Explain what your research paper was about. Plus more technical questions   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview

They flew me out for an on-campus visit. The interview(s) consisted of casual meetings with most of the faculty and some time spent with other graduate students. I'm not sure if it was valuable to put candidates through a gauntlet-style round of 30-minute conversations covering many of the same topics when these could have been done as small group meetings, affording the time for more substantive discussions and experience on campus.

Interview Questions

• Typically asked very basic things about my area of research interest, interest in ASU, interest in pursuing graduate research.   Answer Question

Program Coordinator, Entrepreneurship Design Thinking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Process: 20 minute phone interview (4 people on the call, very rushed), and 2 hour in-person interview w/ a challenge and presentation to the 4 person review team

Result: After personally emailing me to set up the interviews, the hiring manager was unresponsive to follow-up emails after the second interview. Two weeks after interviewing, I received an automated do-not-reply email letting me know I would not be moving forward. Disappointing follow-up after a time intensive interview process.

OFFICE SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Contacted me with an interview invitation around three weeks after close. Interview lasted approximately 30 mins.

Fairly relaxed interview in which I was asked around 7-9 behavioral questions relating to the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have dealt with a problem at work.   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, called back after a few weeks, then was called by the interviewer for scheduling and introduction. Then we met in the on campus Starbucks and spoke for roughly 45 minutes, first casual questions as he was also a student then into the more job important questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a difficult situation with a student?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Graduate Research Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview

This was just a phone screen. So the first part was the introduction of the profile and work the team does. Then the interviewers went in to say that it is going to be theoretical ones. All the questions were about the solid mechanics, dynamics, and materials science. They were very nice.

International Admission Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

I had the interview on Skype. There were four people interviewed me. They had a list of questions. pretty much about your work experience and how you can handle customers. And they let me prepared a presentation before the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel if you get disturbed during work ?
      How do you handle pissed off people?
      how do you do if this work not within your ability?
      Answer Question

Health Educator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arizona State University (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Typical, two hour long skype interview. Included stakeholder interview, a brief presentation on consent/healthy relationships, etc. then a talk with the student undergraduate workers. Was fairly easy, but did require some research

Interview Questions

• How would you approach creating a program you're not familiar with?   Answer Question

Police Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

There is a 1.5 mile running/walking test, a multiple choice test based on video scenarios and a panel interview. There is also a background check, drug test and polygraph test.