Banana Republic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Banana Republic Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2017

2.2

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Group interview, very nice. Asked standard interview questions like why I wanted to work in retail. They also had us order an item, reserve it in store and then proceed to build an outfit around it.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online, about a week later, the assistant manager called me to schedule an interview for next week, so i went today, it was a group interview, we were 7 people, 2 boys and 5 girls, the assistant manager was nice, i had a pleasant first impression.

Interview Questions

• she asked us to introduce ourselves in a few words, after se asked, how wold you handle a situation where, you have a maniquie falling off and clothes in the display messed up and a have customer load at the same time, and later she asked which type of personality you have, more like team oriented, social, leader etc...   Answer Question

Banana Republic, Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Arlington, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied roughly 2.5 weeks ago, and got called in to do an interview. It was a group interview with 2 other individuals ( which took me by surprise). The hiring manager didn’t really ask an actual question, he more so just wanted our availability statuses. He was super chill and lenient, which made our interview go by in about 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer
    • Why drew you to apply to BR?   1 Answer

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Aventura, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I got a call from a hiring manager to come in for a group interview that lasted half an hour. One week later I received a call from the store manager offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• Who is Banana's biggest competitors?   1 Answer
    • If you only had one piece of clothing for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online, I got a call from an assistant manager the same day. We set-up an interview for the same week. The interview was standard. It was typical questions of your management style, why do you want to be at BR, and such. Since it was a management position it was a two part interview. I went back a couple days later and met with the GM. Similar questions just more in depth and getting to know you.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you received excellent customer service and what made it stand out?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Auburn, WA).

Interview

Mostly questions about fashion as well as own sense of fashion and what you think it means. Asked about what my favorite statement piece of fashion is. Asked why I wanted to work here what it meant for me and why I applied

Interview Questions

• Pick an outfit for date night from our store   1 Answer

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview process was fast and very efficient. Questions were directed towards experience and day to day requirements. Everyone was very nice and friendly. The managers really looked like they enjoyed their work.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Group interview, was straightforward and upbeat. The manager was very encouraging towards the group about making them feel comfortable when presenting, and always gave constructive comments about each person's performance

Interview Questions

• Asked to put together an outfit from the store and sell it to the group   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the University Village store in Seattle, WA. Received an email back within a few days asking if I would come in for a group interview. Interview was with 3 others. Conversation was smooth and comfortable, with good communication all around.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite piece of clothing in your closet?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Elizabeth, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

It was very fun and interactive. The manager told us to go around the store and create different outfits for different customers. Please be on time and dress professional. It is not a casual clothing store.

Interview Questions

• What is one challenge you faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question