Banana Republic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied online and went into the store the next day for open interviews. Was met by a friendly interviewer who asked pretty standard questions to feel out whether I would be a potential candidate. Got a call for a second interview (group) a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to our team?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with a needy customer?   1 Answer

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Spoke to HR rep on the phone first for an initial screen and then had 2 interviews with 2 individuals in each interview. Conversational type of interview with some resume specific questions as well as scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• Would you be OK with 100% systems job?   1 Answer

Salary was too low.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

The process was average length. Interviewed with GM, then DM...HOWEVER, transferring to a new state was a huge pain in the rear. Had to interview with a recruiter, GM, DM, AND the DMM

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were faced with a challenge, and you failed   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Basic, boring interview. Read off an interview guide verbatim, asking scenario type questions. At one point, went off course and started talking about himself and his journey with the company. Felt really self indulgent.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very minimal.

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and we had a very nice conversation regarding opportunities that were currently available. She was pretty informative regarding company structure and philosophy however couldn't dive into details regarding job expectations.

Interview Questions

• they asked how I have used reporting in order to drive business   Answer Question

Leadership Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Littleton, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online after stopping in the store to meet manager. I went from store to store asking about openings. In one store the manager was present. I introduced myself, expressed an interest and asked to set an interview time. I interviewed for 1hr with manager. Thought we hit it off well. Two days later I interviewed with the regional. No offer was made so I didn't win the spot.

Stock Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Group interview. There was about 8 of us. We all had the same question. going down the line. Everyone had the answers. The process was very straight forward. We watched videos after that and they took down our availability.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

First Interview was a group interview with about 10 people. Its was with the GM and CEM of the store. They asked a question and went around the table with people responding to the same question. Not very difficult. It probably lasted like 45 min. We were told we would get a call back letting us know if we made it to the next step. I got a call 3 days later for a interview with the MPM. The interview only lasted 20 min. The next day i got a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What's a difficult situation where you were able to go above expectations?   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Easy. Went to a table in the mall to chat with the manager. Asked very typical interview questions. Mostly asked about prior experience I had working in retail during the holiday seasons.

Interview Questions

• Very typical interview questions. Nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was none.

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Went in and talked to the operations manager. Very informal. Asked about what I would do in certain situations and what customer service means to me. Pretty typical behavioral screening and asking about my past experiences and what I was looking for in the future - with the company or otherwise.

Interview Questions

• What does it mean to provide excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Group interview with about a handful of people. They ask you basic questions that are very customer oriented. Interviewers just want to see some personality and knowledge of fashion. There is also a brief group project, which you walk around the store and pick out an outfit and explain the versatility of that outfit.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond to satisfy a customer or handle a situation   Answer Question