Bed Bath & Beyond Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 11, 2018

2.1

SummerAnalytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Union, NJ).

Interview

Resume walk with 4 people from 4 different teams. It was all about how did you do this project and a few behavioral questions like what was the challenge that you faced and how did you tackle it.

Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

Incredibly unprofessional HR contact left a bad taste in my mouth. She kept making disapproving, judgy sounds as I was telling her about my experience, and giving me "advice" that I didn't ask for. The experience has completely turned me off of the company altogether. I couldn't get off the phone quick enough. No thanks!

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Temple, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Interview was short and sweet and they got right to the point. They let me ask questions towards the end of the interview. We both did An equal amount of talking during the interview

Interview Questions

• What my school schedule was   1 Answer
    • what I like most about my past jobs   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online, got a email telling me to show up between 12-4pm. When I arrived at the store I was told to fill out a app and to wait somewhere. The manager finally shows up, didn’t even look at my resume I gave with the application. She came off very aggressive and acted like she didn’t want to be there. Interview last about ten mins. I wouldn’t have taken the job even if they offered it based off her crappy attitude.

Corporate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

Phone interview making sure you meet minimum requirements and know something about he company. Then a brief 30 minute in person interview, no need for technical knowledge beyond common sense and resourcefulness. They make sure you can handle the basic requirements of the position.

Product Management Interview

Interview

Had a phone chat with the recruiter, and she followed up very quickly to let me know that the hiring manager wanted to meet with me. Rented a car (since I live in Manhattan and don't own one) to make the trek out to Union, and met with the hiring manager. The meeting went fairly well and was pretty casual.

Sent a thank you note. No response. Followed up a week or so later with the recruiter. No response. Followed up again with the recruiter after another week, and received a reply that she hadn't had a chance to get feedback from the hiring manager. Radio silence since then.

Really? I devoted a lot of time preparing and getting to the interview, and would expect some level of respect in return. Completely ghosting me is very unprofessional and likely indicative of the way the company functions.

Interview Questions

• How would you identify current opportunities within the business?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager @ HQ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Union, NJ) in March 2018.

Interview

Considering what a large company BB&B is, I can only assume that my experience was abnormal. I applied via LinkedIn and was contacted within 24 hours to do a phone interview. The recruiter's only question was what my salary expectations are, and the rest of the call was her telling me about the job. I guess the lack of screening questions should’ve been red flag #1. She asked me to come for an in-person interview the following day. I was pumped, so with some schedule reshuffling I made it work.

Red flag #2 should’ve been that I was sent an email with directions to the WRONG ADDRESS. There were 5 other applicants in the waiting room and the receptionist had no idea who the recruiter was. In talking to the other applicants I found out we were at the wrong BB&B building. They were getting emails from the recruiter asking where they were. Good thing I got there early, but yikes.

I drove to the other building and was told the recruiter was running behind schedule. Waited for an HOUR AND A HALF (red flag #3). I can understand running late - that happens in real life - but an hour and a half is excessive. There were 3 other applicants in the waiting room as well, and one had been waiting for over 2 hrs expressing concern that she needed to pick her kid up from daycare soon. I quickly fired off some emails to rearrange the rest of my schedule that day to account for the extra wait time.

Finally, I met with the recruiter I had spoken with the day before. The only questions she asked me were my salary expectations (again) and when I could start. Then she told me the same exact info about the job as if she didn't remember we had spoken the day before (RF#4). After meeting for 10 mins I was sent back to the lobby and told to wait for the next interviewer. Another 30 min wait. I met separately with two hiring managers. Here I was asked some actual questions that made me feel like they were at least trying to be selective, but all easy questions. All in all I was there for over 3 hrs but only a combined time of 45 mins in interviews. Afterwards the recruiter met me in the lobby, told me I did well, and to expect an offer on Mon. or Tues. the following week. Great.

The whole next week went by and I heard nothing. I left a voicemail on Weds to follow up. No call back. Friday morning I called again and sent a follow-up email. No reply. Did they change their mind?? :(

The next Monday I received an offer from a different company I was interviewing with. I sent one last email to the BB&B recruiter saying I received another offer and to see where I stood - was I getting the offer she told me about or not? She called within an hour and said she didn't reply to my follow-ups the week prior because she was "soo busy." Now I was a little annoyed.

She confirmed they wanted to hire me but at $20k less than my salary expectations that I had told her (twice), no bonus, 1 week of prorated PTO, and I would have to work evening hours until 8pm. No negotiation.

I asked her to send the offer letter so I could read through benefits, 401k, etc hoping there was something that would make the low-ball offer make sense. That evening I was sent another applicant’s offer letter - it was a male applicant being offered the same job for a higher salary. He had equivalent experience, which I know from looking him up on LinkedIn.

The next morning I let the recruiter know I received someone else's offer letter and asked if she could bring my salary up to match the other person who would be doing the same job. She contacted me later and said no negotiation but stressed to "disregard the other person's offer letter; it was sent in error.” Umm… duh.

I finally got my offer letter, but then got a voicemail LESS THAN AN HOUR LATER saying in a huffy manner that she needed to hear back from me immediately with my acceptance or she would offer the job to other candidates. I had my offer letter for all of 40 mins at that point. I already felt so slighted I emailed her saying to go ahead and do that. I was turned off not only by the disorganized process, the low-ball offer, and total disregard for wasting my time… but also the inequality in salary for people with equitable experience for the same job.

Like I said, I have to assume my experience is abnormal but I do hope BB&B tightens up their process to give a better impression to candidates. As someone with a strong recruiting background myself, I know what can cause delays, and I know you’re busy - everyone is. But not getting back to applicants when you say you will and not communicating with them when they follow up only alienates them - especially when it’s something as important as the job offer you told them they’d be getting.

Sadly, I’ve lost some regard for BB&B if that’s how potential employees are treated.

You missed out on a great employee. I could have rocked your world, but my talents obviously belong elsewhere.

Department Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in March 2018.

Interview

the interviewer started out explaining that the company promotes from with in.you start out as a department supervisor which is managing the people. they train you for a few weeks before giving you the keys to the store. then they want to move you up over time to an assistant store manager.then the interviewer told me the salary range. at that point i was no longer interested in going any further. the interviewer said they would hold my application in file in case i was interested in the future.the interviewer was very polite and personable

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in March 2018.

Interview

I was contacted from a recruiter first and that initial meeting was just okay. I was only really asked why am I looking for another opportunity. The person I spoke to just seemed like he was trying to just get anyone to be honest. I was then set up with a phone interview that was scheduled a couple days later. From the very moment the interview started I knew that it didn't go well. The interviewer honestly didn't seem to care one bit, he was very bland while I was trying to be very enthusiastic. Also, I would have been commuting a good amount of distance and instead of the interviewer asking me if I am okay with that, I felt like he was trying to deter me from even wanting to continue moving forward with the process. By the end of the call, I just knew that this would not be a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• How do you determine what stores receives units as an allocation analyst?   Answer Question

Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Kennesaw, GA).

Interview

It was so unprofessional, they lost my application twice I had to fill out a third application. With all the identity. theft going on I would've thought they would be more confidential or secure. When I finally spoke with someone for an interview the manager told me to come in and the person I was told to talk to as out to lunch he forgot I was coming in at the time given. I was offered the job but the manager had no idea when my orientation would be so a week later I was finally called to come to orientation but by that time I got another job and declined their offer.