Bed Bath & Beyond Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2018

2.1

Overnight Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was very quick and to the point. They took my resume and asked about my last two jobs, told me about the hours, a typical night on the job and if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   3 Answers
    • Would you be willing to work mornings ?   2 Answers

Overnight Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty simple and nothing hard. It was short like 15-20min. The manager just talked about the position and asked me what I did at my previous job and why I left.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous job? What did you do at your previous job?   Answer Question

This was for personal reasons on my behalf.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Durham, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

Talked with a Human Resources person first. He asked basic questions of background and just same questions that everyone always asks. He then asked if I could meet with District Manager who was over 75 miles away. I said sure. Met with a man who had just gotten into position. All he did was talk about "culture". He rarely let me even talk let alone ask any relevant questions. Interview went on for over an hour and I swear he talked 58 minutes of them about how "different" his company was and how the other companies I had interviewed with were going to be going out of business soon. Really? Walmart, Taget, and Walgreens are going out of business?lol The fact is that you can get 65-70k out of this company. They are that desperate for people. They churn and burn people. You will put in 60-70 hours a week no matter what they say. The interviewer himself said that they do not care what you do well. They are not a rah-rah company who praises their people. They just look for something else for you to do. Maybe they should give some positive feedback sometimes too. Anyway, he said he thought I was a good fit and he would call back in two days. It has been 7. I have left emails for him and hr person (who at first emailed me 20 times a day and was always responding within 5 min). Neither has called or emailed back. If you do not want someone then at least send them an email. Do not leave people hanging. And do the right thing and at least offer to pay someones mileage when they drive so far or get some technology and do skype interviews if you cant meet with interviewers. With the economy it is tough when you have to spend $100 on an interview. Also, do not wear suit to interview. This guy had on a short sleeve polo and black walking shoes. I think I intimidated him.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here. What are your strengths and weaknesses? Pretty much out of the interview playbook   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Lexington, KY) in June 2008.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter. (Bed Bath Beyond doesn't use recruiters anymore). This recruiter was out of Tenn and had been an Walmart Store manager that turned on the company and started working to unionize Walmart stores in the Ohio/Indiana area. He kept you thinking you had the position.
    When I had the 1:1 interview, I met with the district manager who looked to be about 25 years old. Everything seemed fine, but I did not receive a call back. The same store has advertisements in the paper for an assistant manager every few weeks now.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Austin, TX).

Interview

I was a promotion from within candidate so my experience will probably be different from that of an outside candidate. Be prepared to do your homework and know that BBBY's customer service is a company focus. Also, have a strong knowledge and understanding of product merchandising/placement and dollaring-out concept. I highly recommend surveying the store layouts and be able to ask questions and share observations relevant to the interview questions.

Negotiation

In my case I was new to retail management and settled for a fair salary. They gave me an initial offer and countered for a few thousand more to compensate for the extra driving time and expense I would incur because of the assignment being further away from the location I worked at the time. I didn't find the process intimidating at all. If you have a lot of retail management experience then it would not be uncommon for them to offer you a base of $50,000 as long as you are promotable.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Atlanta, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

3 part interview. 1) Hr recruiter 2) district manager 3) district manager plus store manager. Each phase require me answer scenario type question using my previous experience as a reference.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the right candidate   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2012.

Interview

Quick and relax, asked basic questions, asked for my strength and weaknesses. Product knowledge, how about safety? Why should customer come first? Tell me about a time where you failed

Interview Questions

• Why bed bath, brief history. When have I gone beyond for a customer? What do I think about safety at the wrk place? What do I think of product knowledge?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Grand Rapids, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Positive, insightful, deep.
    Interviewer was very positive, friendly and inviting. Asked the basic questions as well explained the history of the company. Make me feel welcomed and that allowed me to be more open and honest with the interviewer. They were also on time for there phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you not seeking management potential at your current company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Reston, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews and a face to face with the district manager. The first phone interview was pretty general, the second was more interpersonal. The one to one interview was really good, I related very well with the district manager.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago Ridge, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Chicago Ridge, IL) in June 2008.

Interview

Hiring process was fine, but hiring manager was transferred day before I started work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations took place, it was a part-time job.