Bed Bath & Beyond Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bed Bath & Beyond Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.1

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview

you have to do 2 interviews the first day and then by friday you get a call from the store manager to tell you when they want to meet you

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Anchorage, AK) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email that said I had to go in store to set up an interview. I got in and immediately spoke with a manager. She asked me very basic questions about what I did at my former job, my availability, and clarified that they only had part time hours. Once we got through that, she scheduled an interview with the general store manager. When I came for my interview, the manager skipped out on my interview and I was interviewed by another store manager. The interview questions were pretty simple but a tad long winded. I walked away with a good feeling about the job. I was told that they would call within 48 hours.

Interview Questions

• Are you flexible with your schedule?   1 Answer
    • Can you climb a 12ft ladder?   1 Answer
    • We emphasize safety at our store? Would you be willing to follow safety regulations?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY).

Interview

I first applied online (at Snagajob). Within a few weeks, I received a phone call from a manager to set up an interview. I had to fill out a paper application when I arrived and was then interviewed one-on-one. Later that same day, I received a phone call with a job offer.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (San Luis Obispo, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had to go through 3 intereviews, 2 with store managers and 1 with supervisor. All the intereviews were super easy, very personable and confortable. Typical questions like why I wanna work there or tell me about your self. One thing that annoyed me was that I was always on time for my interview but I would end up waiting for 20-15 minutes each time just waiting for there interviewer to show up. Over all it was alot of work and waiting just for such a easy cashier and sales job. 3 intereviews it's alot if you ask me, and it wasn't even for full-time. Have fun trying to get full-time with them lol. It's definitely a store where you have to work your way up.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY).

Interview

it was with one person and i was told i would be working the morning shift. I have only worked in the morning 2 times in 5 months. I fine it to be a bit misleading in order to get positions filled within a certain time.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I received an email to come in and apply based off my profile and an in-person interview will be conducted. After I filled out the application, I met with a manager and he asked a few questions.

Interview Questions

• Would I be comfortable to climb a ladder (taller than 20 feet) to get products on the top shelf?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Tustin, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

They Called me in for an interview and another interview after a few days and it was easy they weren't so mean or made you nervous by having a paper and pen in front of them asking questions and writing them down
    They listen and it was relaxing like having a normal conversation with a normal person and they would tell u about how the store works and how they started working there
    And then hired

Merchandising Manager Interview

Interview

I submitted an application online. I regret not reading reviews about the role since people were brutally honest and if I had, I wouldn't have even applied in the first place.

I was contacted by a recruiter and played phone tag with them for a while. I asked them to please either schedule a time to speak, or in the very least contact me before 9am, during lunch or after 5pm. I finally secured a time to speak with the recruiter and they were extremely curt and cut me off while I was speaking repeatedly.

They basically asked me if I was still employed and if I could come in for an interview. No other screening questions which struck me.

The recruiter asked for my availability and I gave a specific date and time. They then scheduled me for my interview during a time that was not in my availability. I told him I was unable to make it and he said that "their management will be disappointed and that it's my loss".

If the recruiter is any indication of the acceptable behaviors their, I want no part of it. I told them I no longer wanted to be in consideration for the role and thanked them for their time.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Fast and simple. Very friendly environment. We walked around the store and it was more like a friendly conversation and less like a formal job interview. Didn't feel intimidating at all. I got to know more about the business and the job responsibilities. It was a very pleasant interview.

Interview Questions

• If I were to call your former employer, what would they say about you?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Interview

The hiring manager was stuck on my technical/tech know-how and did not believe I was a leader that can execute even after I gave many examples during interview and via followup emails, also on my resume, of successfully launching programs and initiatives. My technical know-how is an added benefit to understand what technologies and solutions BBB should and should not be deploying (from experience working in the industry for 10yrs). The HR person was un-proffessional with no follow ups and when I asked for help to manage the perception. They left it at they will continue searching for the right person and it has been 6 months and they just reposted the role again.

Interview Questions

• My motivation to work at BBB   1 Answer