CSC Programmer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.7

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CSC (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied and it took them about two weeks until a recruiter sent me an email for a phone interview. First one was regarding background, salary expectations, resume overview, etc. About two more weeks later I got an email from another recruiter working with the first recruiter to set up another phone interview with the hiring managers. There were to be three managers, but only two showed up. Second interview went well, they said I was well qualified and they look forward to the third interview. They sent me an employment tax credit form to fill asking when I can start work etc. I kept in touch with my recruiter but no word from the hiring managers for another two to three weeks. I get a call from another recruiter in the area informing me about other jobs in the area available. Found it a bit suspicious, so I emailed my recruiter from CSC asking my status and he said the hiring managers were changing their skill set for the position, looking for more qualified candidates. They said my interviews were great, I was well qualified, sent me an employment form, but in the end they gave my resume to another recruiter in the area to apply to work at other firms. They did not even bother to inform me of this or their decision change until I emailed them asking my status.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CSC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Isabela, PR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CSC (Isabela, PR) in January 2017.

Interview

I got a called for an interview 3 weeks earlier. The interview was both technical and behavioral. The same person did both parts of the interview. In my case as it was in PR there were parts of the interview in English and others in Spanish.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blythewood, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CSC (Blythewood, SC) in January 2015.

Interview

I was greeted at the front door, walked up to a conference room, and asked various straightforward technical questions by a set of three or four interviewers. There were no trick questions or standard bs interview questions like "what are your greatest weaknesses?". I was then given plenty of time to ask my own questions.

Interview Questions

• They basically asked numerous technical questions, detailing my knowledge on various basic technical skills, like .NET, Object Oriented programming, HTML, etc. It was nothing tricky - just basic questions, explaining concepts, etc.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSC.

Interview

select through a staffing agency, they do skill set match, initial technical screening and final client interview up on convenient time for interview. questions will be on technical and almost basic concepts and also to match the job demands

Interview Questions

• questions will be on technical and almost basic concepts   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSC.

Interview

Same as any general interview; multi manager presence surrounded by questions that assess your skill level. As long as your experience matches what's on your resume you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Anonymous Employee in Blythewood, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSC (Blythewood, SC).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter. An interview was set up over the phone with 2 people. It was very behavorial and logical questions. Very easy interview because I thought outside the box.

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSC (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

All general questions!! Nothing gr8.And little bit about the technology.Starts with basic concepts and ends with our experience and our hardships.They never care on what you say.They simply listen to us.Thats the best part of it!!

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSC (Norwich, CT) in October 2013.

Interview

Cookie cutter interview, simple object oriented questions.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take-it-or-leave-it deal.

Anonymous Employee in Rensselaer, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CSC (Rensselaer, NY).

Interview

Two people hired me (Dept. manager and the senior programmer). Interview was about 35 minutes long. Questions included getting to know you, experience, expectations of the prospective job. Questions were not too hard, and general. Interview was pleasant and not stressful.

Interview Questions

• Generic interview question: what are some of your weaknesses and how do overcome them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They called me two weeks later to see if I was still interested in the job. I said yes, and they made a formal offer in writing. I reviewed the offer, accepted the offer verbally over the phone and signed the formal offer. I started two weeks later.

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CSC (Overland Park, KS) in December 2010.

Interview

Well, I went in via a recruiter--this place basically recruits through firms for six month contracts-to-hire for all new placements. I was interviewed by the manager and my eventual team leader. They went over my employment history, discussed skills on CV, etc. They were particularly interested in my WPF skill, as their primary project was and is WPF-based, so we discussed that and they quizzed me on a few things. Then they gave me a some whiteboard data models, and had me come up with suitable data queries for different requirement sets. I got through most of them, though needed admittedly a little prompting on the last. The next week, I got the news they were offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• I'm afraid I don't remember the details, but it was a query involving multiple joins, groups, and IIRC at least one union.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made an offer to my contracting firm, which relayed it to me. As I was out of work and feeling it, and the offer far exceeded my previous salary, I was perfectly happy to accept.