Columbia University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017

2.5

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted the HR and gave me an interview. She was a nice lady and she asked me how many hours can I work per week, do I know how use Excel and some other basic questions.

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Columbia University.

Interview

challenging but not too hard; it was half an hour and everything was as you would expect. there was no unexpected question . if you prepare for t, it is going to be ok

Housing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Introduced to the staff and shown around what the work environment would consist of. Also I was asked questions regarding my professional background. Asked how many experience I have in administrative duties.

Interview Questions

• Explained the job duties and asked if I had experience in what my job description would be.   Answer Question

Adjunct Associate Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

There was no interview process. The selection is based on the grade that you got in the class when you took it. The best students of the particular class are usually offer the opportunity to have this role.

Interview Questions

• There was not interview. The selection is based on your grade in the class.   1 Answer

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Not what I'm used to and somewhat informal. Except for "why are you leaving your current position", there were no questions. Just senior personnel rambling about their own work. I tried to volunteer more information about myself and qualifications, but I'd just get interrupting with more rambling. Then, when job description quickly became ambiguous--"other duties as assigned"---I just felt really concerned and frustrated. I just wanted to go home a.s.a.p.

Interview Questions

• "Why are you leaving your current position?" That's all!   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Columbia University.

Interview

Informally met to discuss possible research opportunities. We reviewed previous projects that people have done, and discussed what kinds of projects that I would be involved in. Met some members of the lab.

General Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY).

Interview

Referred by a current staff memeber. One on one interview with manager on site. Extremely comfortable environment. Got tour of facilities immediately. Overall very positive experience with staff and management.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you have experienced, either given or recieved exceptional customer service?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

10-15 minute phone call where PI discussed their research and asked questions regarding my interest and availability. This was followed by a 20 minute in-person panel interview, where I was asked about my background, future goals, and tested on my Spanish proficiency.

Interview Questions

• What position are you most proud of?

What is your biggest professional weakness?

How would you deal with a patient who is not fully aware of the research goals?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia University.

Interview

Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews, and even third interviews. In addition to a hiring manager, you make meet with managers, employees, and other staff.

Interview Questions

• In addition to a hiring manager, you make meet with managers, employees, and other staff.   1 Answer

Admin Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

very quick, simple. Questions were basic. I didnt go in with any prepared form of how to answer the questions. I met with two individuals who were very easy going and the interview was more conversational. They wanted to get to know me to see how I'd fit in with the atmosphere of the workplace

Interview Questions

• Availability, Summer plans, Interest   1 Answer