Columbia University Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 493 of over 493 interviews

Employee Referral10%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Columbia University

Application

I interviewed at Columbia University

Interview

Casual and relaxed and fun. Very Short but right to the point. Let you do most of talking. Only 3 to 5 questions was asked to assess whether you could adapt to tbeir organisation culture.

Interview Questions
  • Where will you be in 5 years
    Answer Question

Columbia University

Application

I interviewed at Columbia University

Interview

3 rounds of interview with 2 lab members(PhD & MDs) and PI in the lab. Was fun and people were all easy-going. Except that there was not a stage where we can actually negotiate the salary but instead determined and sent directly to you

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,890

960 Comments

Teachers

160K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Columbia University~2748
Join the conversation on

Columbia University

Application

I interviewed at Columbia University

Interview

Sent an cover letter, interviewed with 2 persons, saw the HR but did not get an offer. Sent an cover letter, interviewed with 2 persons, saw the HR but did not get an offer. Sent an cover letter, interviewed with 2 persons, saw the HR but did not get an offer.

Columbia University

Application

I interviewed at Columbia University

Interview

Good but very confusing, i thought it would be better and it wasn't, not very much transparency, horrible work life attitude. no motivation, no accountability, no go ahead, no initiative, very soul sucking place.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Columbia University

Application

I interviewed at Columbia University

Interview

only a conversation with the professor who you are going to work with. Gave a problem set. no time limits but requre to finish it asap. overall good experience. lovely and friendly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Columbia University

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia University

Interview

The process was great, very easy. The interviewer was kind and presented important questions of accessibility. The interviewer was clearly invested in the questions they asked and wanted to ensure that I was comfortable at all times during the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Columbia University

Application

I interviewed at Columbia University

Interview

This was a laidback process. I spoke to the PI of the lab and we had a conversation about the role and what I wanted to get out of it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Columbia University

Application

I interviewed at Columbia University

Interview

This certainly varies from class to class, but I submitted a cover letter and resume and then received an email offering an interview. Interview was via Zoom where basic questions about my background and qualfications asked, no surprises, and I was offered the position shortly after.

Interview Questions
  • Asked about previous teaching experience and time management.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in Apr 2022

Interview

Really chill and clear. Was interviewed by two people who were extremely competent and nice. It started at around 12 and ended at around 12:30 so not that long. Good luck to anyone applying!

Interview Questions
  • Describe former work experience as it pertains to retail.

Columbia University

Application

I interviewed at Columbia University

Interview

They asked me about my previous experience as a research assistant and my background in statistics and handling data. They also asked about my research interests and what I would contribute to their lab.

Interview Questions
  • About my previous experience as an RA and my research interests.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 493 Interviews

Columbia University Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Columbia University as 71.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.57 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Research Assistant and Assistant Director rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Administrative Assistant and Graduate Student roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Columbia University takes an average of 31 days when considering 479 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Research Assistant had the quickest hiring process (on average 13 days), whereas Assistant Director roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 64 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Columbia University according to 479 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 29.21%