Columbia University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Columbia University

2.5

HR Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with recruiter. This was followed by in-person individual interviews with the HR recruiting lead, hiring manager and administrative leader on-site at the business location.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

The interviewer did not ask much questions and she sounded uninterested in interviewing. She was rude or may be she was in hurry so she did not ask much. I had prepared lot of technical questions but she asked few behavioral questions only.

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in November 2019.

Interview

Brought me from the West Coast for a one-hour interview. Didn't know who would be in the interview until the night before. Day of, more people were added to the interview. I was the only woman with an all male panel. At the interview, was told there would need to be "50" dinners to get comfortable with me.

Interview Questions

• My ability to put in place systems such as Salesforce.   1 Answer

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Columbia University.

Interview

Fun, talked about science, wined and dined
    Met with six professors from a list of my choice, for half an hour each, it was a back and forth discussion
    Spent time with other students

Interview Questions

• Asked about love of science, previous projects   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Columbia University.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview then an in-person interview. It consisted of a meeting with multiple people from the department individually and in small groups. The questions asked related to my experience, however, revolved a lot around my skills (communication) and how I am working with different personalities in the workplace.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that was challenging. How did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Interview

Focused on the techniques and the project. Managers (PIs) interested in motivated people who can lead projects with the right supervision. Work is goal-oriented and not worked time. work smart rather than work hard.

Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Columbia University.

Interview

Submitted an application online and they contacted me almost 2 months later for a brief phone interview. At that point, I forgot I even applied. Anyways, I was called in for an in person interview with the director and dean. After they asked for references..... all went well and quick up until that. They never checked references (that they wanted me to provide), and when I kindly followed up, they couldn’t even send a personal response. Instead an automatic rejection that you usually get when you don’t get chosen for an interview is sent. I don’t know what it is about this school, but they need to teach their upper management how to conduct and follow through with interviews that doesn’t leave the candidate feeling anticipated for nothing. The candidates do everything that they are asked to do and we fulfill them and we work hard to cooperate. But the interviewers don’t seem to reciprocate that same level of respect here from my experience.

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Columbia University.

Interview

standard interview with curriculum office and director of the program, did a CV review and syllabi review. talked about previous teaching experience and pedagogical approaches - good and bad...went over thematic issues to be dealt with.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Columbia University.

Interview

The interview experience was a positive one being that the interviewers were nice. However, it was more casual than expected and did not have a lot of structure. The entire process overall was long.

Program Manager of Center On Japanese Economy and Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in July 2019.

Interview

The director asks about general questions and recent Japanese economy issues.
    Also, you are required to write an essay about Japanese economy on the spot to see your writing skills because the position requires many writings.

Interview Questions

• What are the most recently Japanese economy issues? Give me 5 of them.   Answer Question