Columbia University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2018

2.5

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY).

Interview

I had to submit a CV/resume through the online Columbia Jobs application system. Then I had to answer a couple of questions via email. Then I was interviewed through the phone. Then I had to wait for two months, until the position suddenly became 'filled' in the system. I have not received any emails, nobody ever got back to me to let me know that I did not get the position.

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia University.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. There was a phone screen and then an interview with a group of directors. I interviewed in November . Everyone was friendly and fairly prompt with responses, until after the interview. I followed up a week or so after the interviewers claimed they'd have a decision. No response. I learned they filled the position by going to their website. This was in March so about 3-4 months after I interviewed.

I found this incredibly unprofessional. While at this point I didn't expect have the job, it would have been nice to have known this earlier. It has soured my opinion on them.

Building Community Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia University in April 2018.

Interview

I interviewed through video call. I was mostly asked questions relevant to the position's needed qualifications and the responsibilities that interns would take on during the internship. The interview was pleasant and the questions were not entirely too difficult.

Interview Questions

• What is your interest in the program and how do you see this program fitting into your future plans?   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

The company contacted me via email for an interview, a date was set up. Then I was interviewed and had to go back for a secon interview from a different interviewer

M S In Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Columbia University (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I received an email from the graduate school admission office telling me to schedule an interview. The interview was done in Skype in the morning, and I received the admission letter that afternoon.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia University (Telephone, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Many resumes are received, and few are called, it's such a large organization. They will only contact you if they want to interview you. Oftentimes the jobs just get withdrawn from the website after you have applied with no explanation, so I believe the hiring process is fluid. I also believe they often hire from inside or from referrals from those already working there. Hard to get a job here.

Animal Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Unprofessional, rushed, filled out all the papers for hiring and that was it. Promised a job and never got back to me.
    Emailed me once and never got back to me.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

No interview, just apply online and get the results later, wait for about 4 weeks to get it
    probably based on academic achievements such as GPA or working experience
    You need to prepare for a short self-introduction and the reasons why you want to do this job

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted the HR and gave me an interview. She was a nice lady and she asked me how many hours can I work per week, do I know how use Excel and some other basic questions.

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Columbia University.

Interview

challenging but not too hard; it was half an hour and everything was as you would expect. there was no unexpected question . if you prepare for t, it is going to be ok