Columbia University Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 434 of over 434 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Columbia University

Columbia University

Application

I interviewed at Columbia University

Interview

Very straight forward interview process. First the phone interview by HR followed by PI. I was invited for an onsite interview and got offer. It was an easy and clear process

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your previous experiences
    Answer Question

Columbia University

Application

I interviewed at Columbia University

Interview

Ask about background + resume and detailed info about academic bakcground + some other information. Also they cared about GPA and overall academic perfomance along with professors' reference letter. It is not that hard the interview although they asked about some questions regarding the projects you want to join and some knowledge related to this field. apple banana, pear and 30 words miniumum, not enought ?

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia University (Budapest) in Apr 2021

Interview

It was on zoom and about 15 minuets. It was pretty straight forward. She told me about the job description, the department, and what my responsibilities would be. Then she asked me to talk about how my experiences relate and how I would be a good fit. I then detailed the contents of my resume.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Columbia University

Application

I interviewed at Columbia University

Interview

We started our interview by asking one of the papers that I mentioned on the application. Since the position was about computation research, most of the questions were tech-related. They ask you in detail so should be prepared.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Columbia University

Application

I interviewed at Columbia University

Interview

I was given 3 questions overall and given a few minutes in a one-way interview recording to answer all of them. All the questions provided were behavioral and quite vague.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Columbia University

Application

I interviewed at Columbia University

Interview

interview with the professor which lasted about half an hour. discussed several issues that he's experienced in the past while teaching this class and he asked me how i would go about trying to solve these issues

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Columbia University

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Columbia University

Interview

Group interview with about 5 others. Roundtable discussion in which we shared our backgrounds and why we were interested in the research volunteer program. We were given more information about the program so that we could decide if we were willing to put in the effort and time commitment and then if we were selected to go further, we had intensive training.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Columbia University

Application

I interviewed at Columbia University

Interview

I did it through video, and it is about 3 minutes in total. All of the questions are very basic and easy to answer. I have half a minute to prepare.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Columbia University

Application

I interviewed at Columbia University

Interview

I had a phone interview, then in-person with fellow teammates, then an in-person interview with leadership. It was a very long process. The difficulty of acing the interview will depend on which school you apply to.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Columbia University

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Columbia University

Interview

3 digital interview questions, just basically why choose Columbia, introduce your self and how you can achieve success in Columbia. Two chances for recording so you can choose to record again if you are not doing well in the first time.

Interview Questions
  • why choose Columbia, introduce your self and how you can achieve success in Columbia. Two chances for recording
Viewing 1 - 10 of 434 Interviews