Columbia University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2018

2.5

M S In Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Columbia University (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I received an email from the graduate school admission office telling me to schedule an interview. The interview was done in Skype in the morning, and I received the admission letter that afternoon.

Animal Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Unprofessional, rushed, filled out all the papers for hiring and that was it. Promised a job and never got back to me.
    Emailed me once and never got back to me.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

No interview, just apply online and get the results later, wait for about 4 weeks to get it
    probably based on academic achievements such as GPA or working experience
    You need to prepare for a short self-introduction and the reasons why you want to do this job

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted the HR and gave me an interview. She was a nice lady and she asked me how many hours can I work per week, do I know how use Excel and some other basic questions.

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Columbia University.

Interview

challenging but not too hard; it was half an hour and everything was as you would expect. there was no unexpected question . if you prepare for t, it is going to be ok

Housing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Introduced to the staff and shown around what the work environment would consist of. Also I was asked questions regarding my professional background. Asked how many experience I have in administrative duties.

Interview Questions

• Explained the job duties and asked if I had experience in what my job description would be.   Answer Question

Adjunct Associate Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

There was no interview process. The selection is based on the grade that you got in the class when you took it. The best students of the particular class are usually offer the opportunity to have this role.

Interview Questions

• There was not interview. The selection is based on your grade in the class.   1 Answer

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Not what I'm used to and somewhat informal. Except for "why are you leaving your current position", there were no questions. Just senior personnel rambling about their own work. I tried to volunteer more information about myself and qualifications, but I'd just get interrupting with more rambling. Then, when job description quickly became ambiguous--"other duties as assigned"---I just felt really concerned and frustrated. I just wanted to go home a.s.a.p.

Interview Questions

• "Why are you leaving your current position?" That's all!   1 Answer

Student Advisor Lifecycle Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Horrible. The interview started about 40 mins late. The questions were very repetitive. Within the last 10 mins of the interview, the last committee member showed up. I just wanted to go home at that point.

Interview Questions

• Scenario question: What is my method to ensure that students are meeting their degree requirements?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Columbia University.

Interview

Informally met to discuss possible research opportunities. We reviewed previous projects that people have done, and discussed what kinds of projects that I would be involved in. Met some members of the lab.