Cox Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cox Communications Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2018

2.9

Retention Interview

Interview

Applied online and received a call,, a quick interview was done....afterwards i had a face to face interview.....both interviews were pretty simple. Completed the drug test and background check and started a month later.

Universal Home Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Applied online at the cox website, got an email the next day setting up a phone interview, after the phone interview they set you up with a panel interview with the district supervisors. After that they wait a bit then give you call back if you got the job.

Interview Questions

• Can you name a time you had to figure out a problem and you should have contacted a supervisor before executing on your decision   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

Say down with two supervisors . They were really friendly. Ask me a couple of questions and about my past jobs. Gave me different scenarios and asked how I would deal with each situation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Cox Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Wichita, KS) in May 2018.

Interview

The whole process took about 2 weeks. After applying online, if you're experience meets their requirements then they'll email you a link to take your assessment. Which is basically a personality test, and virtual skills test. After passing the assessment a recruiter will email you to schedule a phone interview, which will be STAR formatted. The phone interview is just to cover basics, and answer any questions that you may have, adding two or three questions about your experience. Next comes the in person interview, which normally will be by two managers, interview questions will also be STAR formatted. The in person is much more detailed and last minimum 30 minutes, so I would recommend to practice your answers. If the interview goes well, they will have you do a mock call. They will give you a script, and 10 minutes to prepare and take any notes. They will call you from another room, and you are to be able to fix the customers issue and try to sell either the High Speed Internet or HBO to them. The mock call will last maximum five minutes, and after they will come in to talk to you. They'll ask you "How did you think that went?" and then tell you to what for a response. I had my in person interview at 5:30pm, and at about 2pm the next day I received a call from the recruiter offering me the position. She then emailed me the offer letter and to schedule a drug test and background check. A big time would be since it is a sales position, make sure your answer shows quick thinking, as well as being able to build rapport with your customer and being able to recommend products that best fit them.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the skills you found most important at your previous position?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you went above and beyond in your job?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had resolve an issue for a customer and a second issue comes up, what did you do?   Answer Question
    • If your internet or tv went out, what would you do?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with your coworker, how did you resolve that?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time a policy that was enforce that you didn't agree with, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What do you think this position will mainly being doing?   1 Answer
    • Why do you think Cox is a good fit for you?   1 Answer

Customer Retention Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

I was impressed that they set expectations for the Interview questions up front. The interviews were 1:1 and flowed nicely. Professional staff. Everyone in the environment said they were very happy because it did not “feel like work”.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to overcome objections to make a sale.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. They generally use STAR process for the first/second interview depending on how many they are planning to put you through. The last interview is with the sales director and he will have final say on whether or not you will get the position.

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2018.

Interview

Two employees who ask generic questions followed by STAR format questions. Little or no eye contact, no smiling, all scribbling on a piece of paper, and very hard to read any at all responses from them which made the interview progressively more and more awkward.

Internship Interview

Interview

Only one person out of the three expected came to the interview. He asked pretty basic questions but was arrogant. I would respond to the questions, and then he would get frustrated and repeat the question even though I responded to the question he asked.

Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview requires face to face interview but one person is on video conference. Interview time limit one hour. 48 minutes of interview focused on STAR interview questions - behavioral assessment. Interviewees are not the supervisors or in the department you are interviewing for. Comments forthcoming from an extremely seasoned professional in this business, as an employee and manager. Take aways. 1) If you are an external candidate and applying for anything other than call center or field tech, 90% of the time you have been interviewed to meet HR's required number of external candidates. Cox promotes from within. 2) A face to face interview with a teleconference without potential immediate supervisors means there is a reason you need to be seen - implications here speak for themselves. 3) Other than HR and three minutes in the beginning of the interview, there is no focus on your work experience and skills. The STAR interview process is a tool that assists in determining a candidate's interpersonal skills and work habits. 48 minutes out of 60 minutes, 80% of the interview being STAR focused and not skill focused, sends a message that skill is not the primary objective in the hiring process. In most high level organizations in this industry, the STAR process weighs no more than 20% of the interview score. The implication here is that the emphasis is how a candidate fits into the position as a person and not an employee. 4) If you have multiple interview opportunities with multiple companies, this information should be helpful to allow you to prioritize.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2018.

Interview

The process takes several months, I had continued to apply for this company for several months. The Interview had quickly ended after saying no sales experience. Yet I have sales in retail.

Interview Questions

• 1Q: Any schedule conflict?
      2Q: Sales experience?   1 Answer