Cox Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cox Communications Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2017

2.9

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

They asked me if I knew what direct marketing was. Being uninformed, I just presumed it was sales. I didn't know that meant door-to-door selling. I didn't even own a car at the time. I got the job but I had to quit after the first day once I realized how completely unprepared for the job I was.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what direct marketing is?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

The job at my location does not open up frequently so I monitored the website for a while until a position came open. Once you apply online you will receive a phone call from a corporate recruiter and have a small phone interview. If you pass this portion a in face interview will be scheduled. The interview is standard however they will be looking for S.T.A.R. Responses.

Tech Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

Contractor who hires for Cox calls interviewees after passing call center trial run test online. Was surprised that Cox even contracts out the people who do the hiring for their call centers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you handled a disgruntled customer and how did you change their mind.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I thought I did really bad, but I got an offer right after the 1st round interview. It was a great experience interviewing, and a great company to work for.

Traffic Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, I had an in person interview the next week. The week after that, I received an offer. The entire process took about three weeks.

Customer Service and Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Chesapeake, VA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and I was contacted to set up a phone interview. I had a phone interview and then was scheduled for an in person interview. The in person interview questions were in the STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Imagine if you had a television that is not working. Tell me the steps that you took to fix it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

First interview is over the phone. It had general questions about your background and why you wanted to be in the position. The second is behavioral questions in the star format. Situation, task, action, results. Give a specific examples for each question asked. Do not give general answers. Third interview was a mock coaching.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult agent ?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to change your coaching style to adjust to the agent that you were assisting.   Answer Question

Network Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

My initial phone interview was standard and rather simple, basic technical questions were asked and easily answered. The in person interview was rapid fire, using impersonal interviewing techniques. Even though the interviewers explained the process, I felt like I was at an inquisition. I felt the questions asked may have been better answered in a written essay format.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you affected change at your organization and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Omaha, NE) in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewed at main office for tech support position with one of hiring managers. Answered questions in STAR format. Then did a role playing activity. Interview lasted about 45 minutes. The manager was very nice, easy going and straight forward. Received an email the following morning from the Atlanta office with offer letter. Accepted offer, now just waiting on background check and reference check to come back.

Interview Questions

• About 5 behavioral based questions, provided detailed job description, and overview of expectations snd benefits.   1 Answer

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and did online testing for personality and technical expertise. Telephone interview to determine if background matches for position. Appointment set for next day on-site interview with two employees. STAR format for almost all questions (six or seven STAR questions plus additional background questions).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had conflict with someone else on your team. How did you manage it and what was the result?   Answer Question