Cox Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Product Development and Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Athens, GA) in March 2018.

Interview

Very straightforward, after applying I received an email requesting to interview a couple of weeks after. My interview was like a conversation, not a high-stress situation. The recruiter and my interviewer were very responsive in answering my questions through email/phone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you worked in a group and a group member was not cooperating.   Answer Question

Commercial Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Tulsa, OK) in July 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two directors from two different regions. Then proceeded with the interview with the immediate supervisor. Then was sent to lad for drug testing, followed by a background test.

Interview Questions

• If I have integrity, self motivating.   1 Answer

Community Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cox Communications (San Diego, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied online, heard from them a month later asking for a writing sample and PowerPoint sample. Got a call almost two weeks later for a phone interview which was extensive (behavioral questions) and lasted 22 minutes. Invited to a panel interview the next week where I interviewed with the same HR manager I had the phone interview with along with the hiring manager and two of her counterparts via phone. Again, behavioral questions, many of which were the same as the phone interview. The office seemed extremely busy, with everyone keeping their heads down. Very internally focused. I was notified a week later that I had been selected for final interviews, a one on one with the department VP and then a mini panel with the direct team. VP interview was fairly informal, he had three questions he was asking everyone. He also informed me that they had started with 230 candidates and were now down to 3, so it was just going to come down to fit. The team interview was great but very short. They basically were explaining the realities of the job and asking if I could do them. I was slightly thrown because this round asked about technical skills like graphic design and web management, which was not in the description nor on my skill list. I came in prepared to talk about larger implications for the position in terms of why community relations is important, but they were really looking for details about whether I could do the shlep work or not. Sent thank you notes during all rounds. Didn't hear anything for a week, so I followed up with the HR manager who said she'd let me know when she could. The next weekend (Saturday morning, to be exact), I received an automated email saying I was not longer being considered. The interview process was fine, but that last bit really irked me. I met with a total of 8 people over the course of two months, and there were only 3 candidates left- you'd think one of them could have picked up the phone to say thanks but no thanks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult client.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a bit about your qualifications for this job.   Answer Question

Junior Management Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

Situation task and results questions are standard. Be prepared to explain an gaps in employment history. Panel interviews and multi phase interviews even at junior management level.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your greatest strengths, and one of your greatest weakness?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

First Telephonic interview and Coding Test from hacker rank with 30 mins each per question. There were two questions and one of them was Palindrome permutation and one more question on key pair type, but I don't remember exactly.

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in October 2010.

Interview

Easy interview process, with questions about background and how skills applied to the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. Take it or leave it.

Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

First I completed an application for a Customer Service position. I had a one on one interview with Ericka Haines from HR. within two days I was advised that I was not selected for the position. I was really shocked because not only do I have a Bachelors degree, I have quite a few years of customer service experience.

Interview Questions

• What made me apply for a customer service position with Cox? How many years of customer service experience did I have?   1 Answer

Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Chesapeake, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview with objective of introducing job posting officially while reviewing resume. Next is a scheduled in person S.T.A.R format interview. The interview is conducted with the collection floor managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you handled and irate customer? And how   1 Answer

Network Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

My initial phone interview was standard and rather simple, basic technical questions were asked and easily answered. The in person interview was rapid fire, using impersonal interviewing techniques. Even though the interviewers explained the process, I felt like I was at an inquisition. I felt the questions asked may have been better answered in a written essay format.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you affected change at your organization and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in July 2010.

Interview

Easy going phone conversation about current work experience. They wanted specific examples detailing mgt style. I'm sorry I hadn't met the qualifications they were looking for.... because they seem to have a very good reputation as being a good place to work amongst their employees.

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

Super fast - I believe I was contacted through LinkedIn. I responded and was given a quick phone interview. After that, I was set up with the head of the department I would be working in. The day of, my interviewers changed, and I instead had one interview with two members within the department. I was offered a job within a week. I was working the following week.

Interview Questions

• When was a time I experienced problems while working in a group setting, and what did I do about it?   Answer Question