Cox Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Customer Service Retention Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2019.

Interview

STAR format asked about previous situation and experiences. Several different scenarios questions. Be confident but not cocky. Be open and honest. Take a breath to think about the question before answering.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you face a difficult situation and how did you handle it what was the result   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

The hiring process consists of the STAR format. Situation, Task, Action, and Response. Be prepared to give detailed situations and exact examples. It was somewhat difficult, but it is totally something that can be prepared for.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

Consist of two interviews. One phone interview with a talent recruiter and then one with hiring manager. STAR question format. Be prepared to discuss past experiences and situations. Pretty straight forward process.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time you had to overcome an objection to get a sale?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

I was refered to the position, and it took a few weeks for someone to get back to me. When they did, they said that they believed another poisition would be a better fit. I took a look at the job description and let them know that I was interested. They set up a phone interview, and i thought it went well.

I hadn't heard back for over a month, so I sent an email to the recruiter for any status/info about what was going on and nothing. Waited a week (assumed they were on vacation), and sent another email. Again, no response.

I'm assuming I didn't do well enough to move on to the next phase in the process, however it would've been nice if they had the courtesy to send an email to let me know that I wasn't the right fit.

It just annoys me that they ghosted me, and just left me in limbo!

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in March 2020.

Interview

I got a call from the HR about the job submission on Tuesday. The HR was not a nice person. She told me she is busy to even talk for 5-10 min and told me to call back next week. The following Monday, there was a phone screening for 5-10 min. She said she will get back within the week. I called a week later and she rejected my calls on 2 different days. The salary range they offer is very nice but HR experience was the far worst.
    Another time with different position, one of the HR called me and on the same day, I was told to come in for the panel interview next week. I went to the in-person interview but did not get an offer. They used STAR method. I thought the atmosphere was okay and they liked my answers but I guess someone else was better than me.

Interview Questions

• Basic: talk about the past experience.
      STAR Method Questions   Answer Question

Data Analytics - Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in February 2020.

Interview

I heard back from Cox requesting an interview around 2 weeks after applying online. The interview took 30 minutes which seemed a bit tight, but the team was friendly. I heard back from the recruiter about 1.5 weeks after the interview, and I accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• Rate your technical and communication skills from 1-10.   Answer Question
    • What will you achieve through this internship? How can you contribute to Cox?   Answer Question

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2020.

Interview

I really appreciated the warm friendly feeling in the interview. Everyone made me feel very relaxed and comfortable. They explained things thoroughly, and even asked if I had any questions in the end. Highly recommend for anyone

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Wichita, KS) in January 2020.

Interview

STAR review process where you recall certain situations & explain how you handled them. Sample phone call to see how you do. Basic process of previous work experience, situations, etc.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2019.

Interview

Interview was very formal. There were a panel of 4 people in the interview asking questions and taking down notes. Be sure to have a 30-60-90 day plan and answer all your questions in STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome a difficult situation and the results.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications in November 2019.

Interview

Uses the S.T.A.R method so it's good to get info out of you . Truthful stories are Best. Be ready to explain 3 stories about previous employment. What you liked and disliked about previous employment. Also be tech driven let them know you love technology because it's ever changing.

Interview Questions

• When you were in a difficult situation how did you handle it   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

It was easy going. Questions were a little challenging but nothing you couldn't be prepared for. My interviewer was super nice and invested in getting to know each person's skills and personality.

Interview Questions

• What is something I wouldn't know what you from your resume?   Answer Question