Cox Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Cox Communications Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2018

2.9

Interview

The process was a review of my PC skills and what the job consisted of and provided training. It was a relatively easy process as the job itself was pretty simple.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

4 rounds of interview including HR, Sr. Leadership and Reporting Manager. Panel interview as well as the individual reporting manager round. Lot was discussion based plus the interview questions from the designed format from HR.

Interview Questions

• List 3 Improvement Areas for yourself.   1 Answer

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Lawrenceville, GA).

Interview

I had an initial interview with the manager and then a panel interview with the team. I was called back for a second interview later that week with the director. The process was quick and efficient from the time I had the initial phone screen to when the decision was made. Unfortunately there was no offer but other than that the experience was great.

Interview Questions

• Typical get to know you questions. They seemed extremely interested in the person being hired fitting in with the culture.   Answer Question

Retention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cox Communications (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via email and offered testing which i passed. Was set up a phone interview which I was told that I did great at. I felt the face to face went really really well. They asked about times I had to sell services and a time I had an odd situation. We were laughing and joking yet I was not offered the job so I'm confused.

Interview Questions

• name an odd situation and what you did to resolve the issue and if the customer was satisfied.   Answer Question

Universal Home Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Baton Rouge, LA) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job in mid Nov. I got a call from a recruiter on Nov 28 and was scheduled for a in person interview on Dec 1. The recruiter call/interview was a basic overview of the job and see if you will accept the terms of the job and pay. The in person interview was 3 managers they all take turn asking you a question. The questions all related to experiences you can have on the job

Interview Questions

• Name a time you give a promise to a customer you couldn't deliver on   1 Answer

Infrastructure Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and got a phone interview with the hiring manager a week later. After the phone interview I was brought in for a face to face with a panel of 5 people. They interviewed me for 2 hrs. 10 days later, I was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a disaster recovery for a data center.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

The job at my location does not open up frequently so I monitored the website for a while until a position came open. Once you apply online you will receive a phone call from a corporate recruiter and have a small phone interview. If you pass this portion a in face interview will be scheduled. The interview is standard however they will be looking for S.T.A.R. Responses.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

They asked me if I knew what direct marketing was. Being uninformed, I just presumed it was sales. I didn't know that meant door-to-door selling. I didn't even own a car at the time. I got the job but I had to quit after the first day once I realized how completely unprepared for the job I was.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what direct marketing is?   1 Answer

Tech Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

Contractor who hires for Cox calls interviewees after passing call center trial run test online. Was surprised that Cox even contracts out the people who do the hiring for their call centers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you handled a disgruntled customer and how did you change their mind.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I thought I did really bad, but I got an offer right after the 1st round interview. It was a great experience interviewing, and a great company to work for.