Dollar Tree Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Joliet, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with the HR manager. 2nd interview was on site with the AGM and GM. General questions and situations. Final interview with Director was lengthy but basic.
You need to be a subject matter expert and it helps to be able to opine on former employers, hurdles, and specific steps you used to overcome the issue.

Interview Questions

• Describe your level of interaction with your subordinate managers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

negotiation was very difficult. The GM presents the offer but can't negotiate. You spend a week going back and forth as he relays your concerns and requests with the Director.

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Orlando, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

Hiring process was pretty quick and easy. I was called in for an interview with the district manager after two days of applying. The DM asked me the standard questions that come from the Corporate Office.

Interview Questions

• If you know the standard Corporate Questions you would do just fine. They do not throw in any curve ball questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

After 20 mins I was offered a position and we negotiated salary. They were paying much less than my previous job even with the bonus incentive but, it was hard to find a job during that time so I accepted the offer.