Dollar Tree Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 9, 2017

1.7

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Minnetonka, MN).

Interview

I met with the to be store manager. She asked a bunch of questions and gave me Tom of info about the new store that was being built in our town. Then she said the district manager would call for the final interview.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Birmingham, AL) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Took about 3 weeks deformed a call. Received a call tomorrow come in the next day. Interviewed with store manager and DM. Had two questions and then they gave me information on the job position and offered the job at interview.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menifee, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Menifee, CA).

Interview

Because they were opening a new store, they held walk-in interviews outside the location's main entrance. After standing in line with other applicants, I interviewed with one of the managers conducting interviews. The entire interview took less than ten minutes or so (they had a lot of people to get through) and I ended up getting a callback and a job offer about a week later.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Durham, NC).

Interview

Had interview with the same person couple of time for about 5 mins. Then had to come back a couple of times. The store manager talked to me while she was stocking

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

40 questions that somewhat pertained to position. Hiring process was ridiculously long. Most questions were not pertaining to position. Others were just laughable. At the end of the interview I was questioning my judgement.

Interview Questions

• Whether or not I had transportation to work.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

Easy on the spot interview looking for cashier or stockers for seasonal workers. No experience needed. Explained duties and roles of the job. Expect second interview if meet qualifications. Overall very easy interview.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard for entry level retail. The interviewer only asked a handful of questions. It was quick and painless. I was in and out within ten minutes.

Interview Questions

• What did you enjoy most about your last place of employment?   Answer Question

Cashier/Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pocomoke City, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Pocomoke City, MD) in October 2017.

Interview

I filled out both application forms, both the half sheet, and the full sheet. I came in on the national hiring day, October 11, 2017, and waited on to get mini-interviewed. I ran around the store once with the woman with the clipboard, and she asked if I had worked with Dollar Tree before, and I mentioned that I had never had a job before. I was then led into the interview room and was asked if I was in school, then the interviewer asked what my major was. After I mentioned that I was a Sequential Art major she started asking me about ten random questions about making comics. Note, I don't actually make comics, I draw in a comic style. I often didn't understand what she meant by half of her questions, so I ended up making a fool of myself trying to comprehend what she was asking and what it has to do with Dollar Tree. Then she asked me the normal Dollar Tree questions, a few that also confused me considering I had no prior job experience, and most of them asked what I would do when I customer walked in. I left in about ten minutes feeling totally horrible. I have applied for about thirteen jobs before, and that was the first one that I actually had an interview for. I'm a college student and needed the job to pay for my education or else I can't return next semester or next year. I do not think I will be called back for a full interview, I won't hear until Friday.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on Dollar Tree's standard for fast, clean and efficient service for its customers?   1 Answer
    • How would you evaluate yourself? (in my artwork)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Anaheim, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Had to print an application online I gave it to the manager directly he told me he'll look into my application took a week until I got an interview it's basic interview questions very simple and easy I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      How do you deal with angry customers   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2017.

Interview

I would like to know how well your good at being on time how long you will work with others etc and are u able to be here to the job when asked and help when needed and etc and are fourth.

Interview Questions

• how did you here about us and if we're to be asked to be hired on the team would u work to accomplish what your self needs and as well at the job   1 Answer