Dollar Tree Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.7

Sort:

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Erie, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

I had to resubmit my resume four times in a two month time period. My interview was forty-five minutes behind schedule as the store manager was constantly being pulled away.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working some weekends?   3 Answers

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Wilmington, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

Jean asked questions about my experiences as management, gave her my history of all places that I have worked. I had a great interview, would look over app and call in 2 days.

Interview Questions

• my experience as management   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in February 2016.

Interview

The process took 3 days. I brought my paper application into the store and got a call later that night to come in the next day for an interview. I was interviewed by the assistant manager and it was very easy. She just went over my application, experience, and availability and took a bottle of soda off her desk and asked how I would sell it to her. I had to come in the next day for an interview with the general manager and he basically went over the same things and asked me to sell him a ball. He hired me on the spot, I was just asked to come in for a background check in a couple of days.

If they called you for an interview, I would say you pretty much already have the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied in person and got a call a few weeks later. Went in for the interview and the manager asked very simple questions. It lasted about 15 minutes and I was offered the cashier position. Started training the next day.

Interview Questions

• Have you used a cash register before?   1 Answer
    • What is your past work experience?   1 Answer
    • What is your availability?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Claymont, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Claymont, DE) in June 2015.

Interview

Fill out an application online, and then do it all over again manually. It took almost a month-and-a-half to finally call me.

The manager who interviewed me made it real easy. Unlike MOST ridiculous job interviews, he didn't get too personal or "newsy" about my past employment history.

Anonymous Employee in Seal Beach, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Seal Beach, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I saw a building being remodeled and a week later it had a open interview sign for Dollar tree. I printed a application online and brought it the day of the interview. There was a small number of potential employees looking for the job, so everyone that applied at the interview got the job. We all started within 3 days after that.

Interview Questions

• Past job experiences, am i willing to move up in a company etc.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Metairie, LA) in August 2011.

Interview

SM told me he was not hiring even though there was a sign in store window. I then spoke to the DM and he told me they were hiring for ASM possition at that same store. The DM hired me and sent me to the store where the SM was not happy that the DM had hired me.

Interview Questions

• What are your past expierences with work and why you left. As most people do not remember on a day to day bases. For every job they have ever had.   1 Answer

Negotiation

DM made me an hourly rate offer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

It took a while after I had interviewed and was told I had gotten the position to actual start working. It was roughly a 3 week period bc I needed to have a second interview with the District Manager. After that I started and trained with the Store Manager for a month.

Interview Questions

• None really other than same old boring question...."why do you want to work here?"   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Sacramento, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

There was a job fair for local Dollar Tree stores hiring all positions. First I filled out a standard paper application, then went in for the first interview. The first interview was standard questions like "Why Dollar Tree" and a couple behavioral "How would you..." questions. First interview took about 15 minutes. Second interview was with the district manager and it consisted more about me talking about my experiences and what the job entails. One week later, I got an offer. Haven't decided whether to take it or not, because the pay is atrocious. Barely above minimum wage for a management position is just wrong...but I need the job so I will most likely take it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

I interviewed with three store managers. The question were kind of vague and general. Pretty much just tell them what they want to hear. I was offered a job a day after the third interview and accepted