KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Dollar Tree Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 816 of over 816 interviews

Employee Referral5%
1.7
HardAverageEasy

Dollar Tree

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree

Interview

It was great had a good interview the interviewee was friendly and outgoing. The questions were too hard but I was able to answer them efficiently. I was also able to answer questions after the interview which was good

Interview Questions
  • Why did you apply for the job
    Answer Question

Dollar Tree

Application

I interviewed at Dollar Tree

Interview

Very professional and informative. Manager was very upbeat and enjoyed the job she does . Explained the expectations of me. Gave her background and how she is as a manager. Praised her current employees and had something good to say about each one

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at my store

Dollar Tree

Application

I interviewed at Dollar Tree

Interview

First step is to send in application Then if qualified, there is an in-person interview If they want to hire you, you will get a call. That is the end of the process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Dollar Tree

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree

Interview

Need for a job dollar tree near me I'm unemployed me need immediate employment I live across the street from the store I wish to work at but I have transportation Free to work all hours

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Dollar Tree

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree

Interview

Great! Sometimes it’s a sh*t show, but if you like low pay and high expectations then this is the job for you. Barely any staff to keep the doors open and once you finally get the staff, they cut the hours even more.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Dollar Tree

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in Aug 2022

Interview

Fast, informative, professional , energetic, welcoming . They made sure to ask a series of questions the illicit thoughtfull answers . They want to make sure you know what you are talking about as opposed to simply filling the position

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Dollar Tree

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree

Interview

Panel interview and pointed questions but takes a bit for the response from human resource to follow up on the recruiting process. Not too bad with the questions just standard interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (New York, NY) in Jul 2022

Interview

Let's see the interviewer did not show for interview. I had to return because she had forgot that she didn't come into 30mins later. 1 word question interview "Why do you want to work with for Dollar Tree." Of course I aced it. Hired same day. Pros: flexible schedule Cons: only 4hour shifts, little training, low pay, no clear goals, too much inventory on foot, very disorganized.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Plattsburgh, NY

Application

I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Plattsburgh, NY)

Interview

Simple and quick, usually in any customer focused position the hire manager is looking for your ability to interact and collaborate with others successfully. They might also ask some behavioral questions. As long as you are prepared you should have nothing to worry about.

Interview Questions
  • What are your strengths? What does customer service mean to you?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Portland, OR)

Interview

I got phoned to come in for a interview. Went there and was asked like a few easy questions. Manger told me to come back with my schedule for my first job. Can’t get in contact with them since.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 816 Interviews

Dollar Tree Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Dollar Tree as 64.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 1.72 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Store Manager and Assistant Manager rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Cashier and Sales Associate/Cashier roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Dollar Tree takes an average of 9 days when considering 837 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Cashier had the quickest hiring process (on average 5 days), whereas Store Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 13 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Dollar Tree according to 837 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 34.77%