Dollar Tree Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Dollar Tree

1.7

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (New York, NY) in April 2020.

Interview

Good interview process ask about previous experience for role, why I wanted to work for dollar tree and how I started out in retail and what I think customer service means

Interview Questions

• Remember a time kind of questions   5 Answers

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in June 2020.

Interview

I put in a application online and they had called me a couple minutes later to set up an interview went by smoothly and ended up gettin the job that day.

Interview Questions

• What was my availability
      When could I start of hired
      And am I willing to work as a freight Manager   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in April 2020.

Interview

I had one interview which was a pre-screen phone interview. The lady was courteous and professional, and asked me what I was looking for. I gave her a brief overview and accepted their minimal requirements for the screening. I was told I would be getting an actual phone interview, but it never happened. After some back and forth attempts between their headquarters and the actual distribution center, I get a nice little rejection email saying "they moved on with other qualified candidates"? Like what the hell really? So, I can't sit by my phone all the time but that doesn't mean I was any less qualified. Basically, I got burned out of an interview. So I'll say this, this review isn't so much about retaliation as it is just being honest about the kind of business this place runs. It seems their only concern with the warehouse is getting as many numbers as they can and see who can take it.

Interview Questions

• Shift schedule. Starting salary. Job expectations. Commute to work.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hesperia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Hesperia, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

sat with supervisor for 30 minutes and talked about why I think I'd be a good fit for dollartree, as well as my skills and what assets I would bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brownsville, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Brownsville, TX) in February 2020.

Interview

The interview was very unprofessional. They didn't even have a formal sit down with me. I walked in and the manager took me to the back and was basically moving storage around while she was talking to me. When I applied for the job, the job description said "part-time" but then the interviewer told me it was "seasonal" and that'd I would essentially be working 40+ hours for graveyard shifts. I don't even remember any formal interview question other than "how old are you?" Overall, I was disappointed because it was very misleading and I was essentially lied to about the job description.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Great experience I recommend getting in contact with management to get a chance at interviewing. The people who work here are great an make you feel welcomed, don't be afraid to get out of you comfort zone.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Murfreesboro, TN) in January 2020.

Interview

The most informal interview I have ever been a part of. Overall did not get a good sense about the company or role until I asked probing questions at the end. Maybe took 15 minutes. Interviewer shared more about personal information versus company. They had only been with the company a short amount of time. Asked a total of maybe 3 questions. I felt as though I asked the more probing questions than the interviewer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in January 2020.

Interview

Upon arrival, the manager and I went into the front office for a relatively brief interview. The manager asked me about my experience working in retail and what days and times I was available to work. To wrap up the interview, she told me she would be making her decision in the next couple days.

Interview Questions

• Do you have retail experience?   1 Answer

ASM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Standard interview, questions about retail experience. Attendance and supervisory questions. Expectations for position (turned out to be more than stated). Company background, salary range and next steps information. Outline of training program.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hinesville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Hinesville, GA).

Interview

Filled out online application online. The followed up by bringing in resume. Came in and spoke with Management. Completed Background check. Completed another face to face interview. And hired in 2 to 3 days.