Euromonitor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Euromonitor

3.1

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online - interview with HR - in-person Interview with 3 different people, same day - Excel Test - Case analysis - In person interview and case presentation in front of 2 people - Skype interview with some other top supervisor

The process was very fast but with many steps. What disappointed me is that after making I passed all the tedious process they never told me that I was not going to be hire. I contacted them in many occasion but never got any concrete answer.

Interview Questions

• How would you calculate how many mayonnaise are sold in x country?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied through a referral and the process took 6+ weeks. First, phone screen with the recruiter followed by a case study interview with the hiring manager. You have to calculate the market size for a product. Afterwards, math/excel test to assess your analytical skills. Then you have to do a 15-minute presentation with the hiring managers based on information that they send you and your own analysis. If you move forward, the last step is a brief chat with the director of consulting to get to know you.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions. Tell me about yourself, why this company, why consulting/market research, tell me about your experience, and so forth.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL).

Interview

HR interview - Excel assignment - Case presentation - Final round
    Friendly interviewers and office environment
    Questions were not hard
    Excel task was interesting and gave an idea on type of skill the job requires.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company and the research system   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

I was sent over to Euromonitor through a employment agency. They mentioned the role is pretty much the same role as I had previously done for rover 7+ years. Reading up on them, it seems like a good fit and I was open to speaking to them.

I didn’t have an initial phone interview with the HR person (from what I remember now), but by passed to the 1-1 interview because the recruiter was good friends with the HR person at the company. So I was scheduled for an interview a couple of days later with the Sales Manager in charge of the group I’d be working in.

I was a little nervous, but speaking the lingo of what the company did, and what the role entailed was easy. I had done it for years before! I thought it was going well.. he asked me to tell me about myself, and then we went through my education, along with my job history.. all the normal stuff. He was dry, and I kept trying to loosen up, but couldn’t. I had solid answers, but I’m sure my personality couldn’t come out. Towards the end I felt like he thought I lied to him about my experience because I did grow rapidly within the company. He asked me to give him the names and info of my past managers so he could call and verify my information. The interview was about an hour long if not more.

I followed up with a thank you letter and the contact info for my past managers. The recruiter told me I didn’t make it to the next round of interviews. She said “he liked your experience, but found it hard that you were so successful” lol I don’t know what that means.. but that was the end of the interview process for me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be successful in this role?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about you, your past, and where you hope to be in the future..   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

My experience was similar to the other business development person on this review board, The Manager is very dry, monotone, and emotionless, I never got a chance to show my personality. Every time where something came up where we shared something in common or shared a viewpoint, He would just continue the conversation. No laughs, no smiles, no nods, no nothing.

I started with a phone interview with their HR person/Recruiter. She knows very little about the various individual sales teams at the company, but soon found out there was much disconnect between what I was told about the role and the reality of the role. The Manager/Interviewer seemed a little perturbed even though my understanding of the role was based on what his own recrutter.

The manager said a few odd things in the interview. Chief amongst them was he said that Euromonitor is a very laid back culture, very 9-5, which is odd as sales jobs are never laid back or 9-5 jobs. My best guess at the time, was he was setting a trap to see how I would respond, but I did not take the bait and merely thanked him for giving me insight on the company culture.

I found out a week later that I did not get the role, but they said they liked my background and to stay in touch. as they have openings all the time. They keep posting an opening for the position I interviewed for and never filled it (as I know people on the inside). I think they are just interviewing people to test the market and will hire only if they get the perfect candidate

Overall, I just the sense that this company is unsure of its direction, has poor management (or at least management with poor personalities), is unsure if it wishes to hire people, and misleads people during the recruiting and interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• We have a very laid back culture, very 9-5 culture. We are not aggressive sales people, are you comfortable with that.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Euromonitor.

Interview

Applied towards the end of November. Was offered a position at the End of January.
    Multiple interviews with hiring managers, including a case study. Total of three interviews and one case study not including intial HR screener call/s.

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

I had a phone interview to discuss my educational and work background with HR and was offered a first round interview in their office a few days later. The interview was with the US Market Team lead and the Head of Research. The interview mainly consisted of what I specialized in at my previous work and two case questions regarding how I would go about doing the research on certain products.

Interview Questions

• What comes to your mind when purchasing a cold beverage and what would you advise a client to do   Answer Question

Market Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Euromonitor.

Interview

Applied online through their website and received an email to set up a phone interview about one week later. Phone interview was very straightforward, wanted to know about my research background and my methods. Turned out that the job I had applied for required Spanish, which had not been listed in the description.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, wanted to know about my past research experience, like sampling strategies, sources I used for secondary research etc.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL) in April 2009.

Interview

It was a 3 step process. First was a standard HR phone interview. Then I was brought in to speak with the direct manager. Once I passed that round, I was given access to one of the systems in Euromonitor for 24 hours before my next interview. Then I had to come in an roleplay a demonstration of Euromonitor and the system.

Industry Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Was contacted for a phone interview about one week after submitting an application online. The first scheduled phone interview came and went with no call. The HR rep claimed something came up, though I received no email (red flag). The second phone interview was later than we scheduled, but I was called and it lasted approximately 15 minutes. It was mostly focused on getting to know me and a description of the position. Standard questions here. Was contacted the next day to schedule an interview via Skype with a department head. Skype was abandoned and the phone was conducted via telephone. This interview lasted roughly 50 minutes. The questions first focused on my history and then moved to more hypothetical case-specific questions. This interview was followed by a written Excel test. The Excel test was sent to me via email and I was told to complete it at my convenience, though within the stated timeframe (1hr30min). Following the Excel test, I heard nothing for 3 weeks. During that time I sent a few follow-up emails, though I received no response. I eventually called though I was unable to reach anyone. I was then contacted via email saying they decided to go another direction. Ultimately, the process left a lot to be desired from their end.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume; Why did you apply for this role? What do you know about Euromonitor? How did you hear about us? What have you learned from prior jobs; Why did you choose your specialization? If tasked with estimating the market size for eggs in the US, how would go about that? What sources would you use? How would you estimate the market value? The Excel test had sets of data and you're asked to calculate growth, CAGR, etc. Some data are missing and you have to calculate/forecast based on other provided data.   Answer Question