Euromonitor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Euromonitor Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2017

3.1

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Euromonitor.

Interview

Applied towards the end of November. Was offered a position at the End of January.
    Multiple interviews with hiring managers, including a case study. Total of three interviews and one case study not including intial HR screener call/s.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I was first contacted by phone for an informational/screening interview. I was then contacted to set up a skype interview with a manager and team member. Both interviewers were friendly and cordial. They asked some questions about my resume and background as well as some industry questions. After the interview I was sent a couple of online tests to assess my analytical skills. In a second skype interview, we went through the test results and talked about some of my responses. My third and final interview was in the office in Chicago where I was able to meet several team members and mostly asked questions about the company and work-life balance.

The entire interview process was great. Everyone involved was very friendly and prompt in answering any questions I had. Best of all, when I was told I would receive a call or e-mail by a certain date, I did. I had a very positive experience with this company and was sad to have to turn down the offer for another one. The team members I was able to meet seemed like a great group of people!

Interview Questions

• How would you find out how many eggs are sold in the US each year?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied through a referral and the process took 6+ weeks. First, phone screen with the recruiter followed by a case study interview with the hiring manager. You have to calculate the market size for a product. Afterwards, math/excel test to assess your analytical skills. Then you have to do a 15-minute presentation with the hiring managers based on information that they send you and your own analysis. If you move forward, the last step is a brief chat with the director of consulting to get to know you.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions. Tell me about yourself, why this company, why consulting/market research, tell me about your experience, and so forth.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Interview

Phone interview went well with recruiter. Had an interview with two managers where they were extremely unprofessional and condescending. One of the managers displayed and amused facial expression while i explained my background. The other manager asked offensive questions about my resume, company and current role. I've never endured an interview such as this one.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

1. 30-minute phone interview
    2. 40-minute in-person interview with three managers
    3. 1-hour presentation on Passport and a consulting case study to assess command of Passport and ability to ask pertinent questions to potential clients to discover opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Are you afraid of making cold-calls to find prospects?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online - interview with HR - in-person Interview with 3 different people, same day - Excel Test - Case analysis - In person interview and case presentation in front of 2 people - Skype interview with some other top supervisor

The process was very fast but with many steps. What disappointed me is that after making I passed all the tedious process they never told me that I was not going to be hire. I contacted them in many occasion but never got any concrete answer.

Interview Questions

• How would you calculate how many mayonnaise are sold in x country?   Answer Question

Industry Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Was contacted for a phone interview about one week after submitting an application online. The first scheduled phone interview came and went with no call. The HR rep claimed something came up, though I received no email (red flag). The second phone interview was later than we scheduled, but I was called and it lasted approximately 15 minutes. It was mostly focused on getting to know me and a description of the position. Standard questions here. Was contacted the next day to schedule an interview via Skype with a department head. Skype was abandoned and the phone was conducted via telephone. This interview lasted roughly 50 minutes. The questions first focused on my history and then moved to more hypothetical case-specific questions. This interview was followed by a written Excel test. The Excel test was sent to me via email and I was told to complete it at my convenience, though within the stated timeframe (1hr30min). Following the Excel test, I heard nothing for 3 weeks. During that time I sent a few follow-up emails, though I received no response. I eventually called though I was unable to reach anyone. I was then contacted via email saying they decided to go another direction. Ultimately, the process left a lot to be desired from their end.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume; Why did you apply for this role? What do you know about Euromonitor? How did you hear about us? What have you learned from prior jobs; Why did you choose your specialization? If tasked with estimating the market size for eggs in the US, how would go about that? What sources would you use? How would you estimate the market value? The Excel test had sets of data and you're asked to calculate growth, CAGR, etc. Some data are missing and you have to calculate/forecast based on other provided data.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Euromonitor.

Interview

Typical phone screen followed with a technical screen with two employees, manager and another member of the Executive technical line. I applied to a position in the US and the two employees were located in London and Chile. With my background in this field, I could have easily done this job. I asked a few questions regarding networking an the ability to grow in the company and they said yes that is surely a possibility. However I go a call the next day from HR and was told I was looking too much into networking and didn't show interest. That is false, I showed motivation and dedication to this career path. Not to mention, the compensation package was ma 35k.. really low for the work you would be engaging in. Overall, do not waste your time here. I ended up getting an offer for a company I had interned with that is true to their employers unlike Euromonitor International. If your really looking to grow, you will know by the interview process what the company culture is like, either you are there just to do work or you are there to build yourself to fulfill future goals for the company.

Business Development Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

First a phone screen with internal recruiter. Then an in person interview with a manager or director. Third phase was a role play. It is definitely intimidating and takes a lot of time to prep for, but really gives you a good understanding of what the company does so you aren't blind sided when you start. Third phase was 3 hours long. Final and last stage was a lunch, which I'm not sure is very common.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions around background and experience. The role play questions will be specific to how you came up with your findings and what you thought was interesting in Passport (the platform/software) we sell.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Severe lack of communication from the company's hiring rep between the initial introduction and setting up a phone interview. Actual phone interview lasted about 25 minutes. Was told someone would contact me regarding whether or not I had been selected for next round of hiring process, which was an in-person interview with a hiring manager. Never received any communication back from the company whatsoever after that first phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What revenue targets do you currently hit with your current job?   Answer Question